All Comments on 'The Big Girl Pt. 02 Ch. 00'

by RibaldWriter

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
RasmatRasmatover 8 years ago
Really happy to see these three again.

Great to see their emotional growth and the way the girls took to motherhood. Really liked your subtle social commentary and agreed with it. The Supreme Court DID overstep on that. You clarified the Senior issue better than I have ever managed to. Maybe that's because you're the writer and I am but an aspiring writer. Don't stop. These three are worth the wait.

RibaldWriterRibaldWriterover 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you...

I had some concerns about this piece, but I'm glad you liked it.

As a soon to be senior, the domestic partnership issue is near and dear to my heart. I have senior friends in various pairings, male/male, female/female, and male/female that don't want to get married, or even go through a civil union. Most of the time, the relationship isn't about love, and rarely about sex, it's about being able to take care of each other with as little outside interference as possible, and being able to get the benefits married people get. They want their housemate, friend, companion to be able to make decisions for them if they become unable to. Personally, I have a living will, with a friend designated to make decisions if I am unable to.

The gay community lost my support when they opted for marriage over domestic partnership rights. I really don't give a damn about anyone else's sexuality, unless they're doing it in my front yard...then they better not complain when I record it and post it on you-tube.

Oh well, the kids in the story are trying to give me clues about where they want the story to go, but my air conditioner is not working, and it is 88 degrees in my living room right now, at 8 PM in the evening. And the repair guy won't be able to look at it until Thursday, if not Friday...

Maybe after I get the AC fixed I'll be able to figure out where they're supposed to go in the story...

acupacupover 8 years ago
Don't you just hate it?

Those damn pesky charters. You have this brilliant idea for the most wonderful story ever written. and before you have a few pages down they've hijacked the whole idea and ran it off in a totally different direction. And god help you if they go on strike and you have to take care of all the other charters in the little stories clamoring for attention.

QuestioningLitQuestioningLitover 8 years ago
Awesome!

Loved the original story and was sad that it ended. Did not know you were going to continue it. This story can go on in perpetuity as far as I am concerned or at least for as long as you'll continue to write it. Love it!

PeachRose1978PeachRose1978over 3 years ago
Disappointed

This is nothing as good as the first one. You aren't putting enough sex into it. Kinda just a monologue.This is so not what I was expecting. Please give us some more sex.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous