All Comments on 'How to Date a Superhero Ch. 11'

by frozenhero1

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I love this series

More awesome stuff from Frozen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love this series

I love this series that has the standard tropes of superheroes but it also has sex and romance! Apollo has had a big chance to redeem himself and Penny had to kill, sometimes she has to make those calls. But if her old teammates are gonna bring her in...that's fucking messed up. Keep up the good work. Oh...will she get pregnant with Apollo's child in the future? Who knows ;)

RussTSwordRussTSwordover 8 years ago
Hmmmm.......

Let me start off by saying that I like Travis's character and would love to see more development between him and Jordan. But now I move on to Penny and Apollo. Penny is a bit of a bitch and Apollo is an arrogant jerk with very few redeeming qualities. So I guess in a sense they deserve each other. I tend to just glance over their sex scenes because I can't really stomach either of them. I understand the concept of the moral quandary of a hero but she feels all this guilt for something but none at all for how she treated your primary male protagonist. Just wish she would own up to it.

frozenhero1frozenhero1over 8 years agoAuthor
@RussTSword

I appreciate you weighing in. I don't usually do this but I feel I need to jump to the defense of my characters.

Penny is a bitch? She acted like a bitch to Artemis I guess, but in fairness Artemis probably had it coming. Who else has she acted like a bitch to? Villains, perhaps? She's a nineteen year-old girl and arguably the most powerful human on Earth - she's arrogant at times, but I don't think she's a bitch. I think she's been pretty pleasant, for the most part. She's trying to be the best hero she can be. She's stumbled a couple of times, like we all do, but she's not giving up.

As for Travis, he dumped Penny - not the other way around. And he's also not the 'primary male protagonist'. He's a secondary character, much like Hermes. I'm guilty of misleading the readers in the first couple chapters by using Travis so heavily, but he's not the star of this story nor a character to be centered on. I understand that many readers were upset at Penny and Travis splitting-up based on how I started the story. I never meant for readers to become so emotionally attached to him. I tried avoiding just that by making him bland and a little uninteresting in those first chapters. The title of this saga probably didn't help either. That's my failing as a writer and I accept that, but I'm going to remain true to the intended course of this story regardless.

As for Apollo, he perhaps IS the most powerful being on the planet, thousands of years old, and has literally been worshiped as a god by entire civilizations. Is he arrogant? Yes. Justifiably so, in my opinion. I'd have a hard time writing such a character as humble. I do, however, feel his redeemable qualities have shown through in his relationship with Penny. I find Apollo fascinating and enjoy writing him almost as much as Mega-Girl; he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I hope you keep reading, and thanks for the feedback.

KalrissaKalrissaover 8 years ago
Thanks!

There seem to be a number of people complaining in comments of the last few installments - complaints I don't agree with, but each to their own.

I'd just like to say thanks. I've really enjoyed the series so far, I think it's well written and entertaining. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Welcome Back, It's Been Awhile

I knew what to expect of this story going into this chapter and things happened about like I imagined they would. Both Penelope and Jordan need to get reacquainted with living again and also getting used to the people in their lives that love them. Penelope also needs to cope with what she has done and seems to be facing up to it very well. She is quite mature for her age and has an innate sense of what is morally right and wrong. I would understand and accept it if (when?) she turns herself over to the authorities, no matter how Apollo feels about it.

I thought the scene with Jordan and the woman in admissions was hysterical. That is exactly what happens with red tape. You can't buck the system even if you did die and come back to life. It is amazing that it was accepted so easily, but that is why you should always carry two forms of identification to prove who you are.

I gather that Hermes and Hercules are going to remain as supporting characters in this story. That should prove interesting with future developments.

I'm not so sure that I agree with your assessment of Travis' character. I like him and I think his presence is very important to this story. There are so many god-like personalities that a human protagonist is needed to offset their fantastic lives with something a bit more grounded in reality. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I was happy to see another chapter come along. I hope to be just as happy with the next one. Until then...

Roger.

magikman233magikman233over 8 years ago
the writer has spoken

i disagree with your handling of the whole penny,jordan,apollo,travis situation...but i understand your reasoning for doing what you're doing,i just hope travis becomes something more...or penny becomes something less eventually,apollo is an arrogant dick with all his talk of being above the law i don't see penny as dealing with that long term,he'll do something eventually that will piss her off in a big way,it's just a matter of time

Hellfire23Hellfire23over 8 years ago
Go Apollo

I agree with Apollo. Once you become so powerful that the government can no longer enforce their laws you become above it. That doesn't mean you can do whatever you want it it just means you have to rely more upon your own code of honor to know right from wrong than you do any laws.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
lol good

Good stories I read all parts uptil now gonna read the last but 2 March is my bday man :) hahaahahahahahaahaha

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Hope you tell us who Penny's father is!!!!

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

The hook that you duped me into reading this with was “normal guy dates superhero”.

The two most powerful beings on earth hooking up and not even being likeable is the most uninteresting shit ever written. It’s boring. 2 stars for your time but god I’m let down

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous