All Comments on 'Demographic Heterogeneity'

by HectorBidon

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
dennybrosedennybroseover 8 years ago

This is the second story I've read of yours with the male/female "Can we be roommates?" storyline, and I enjoy them; however, I felt this one was wooden in the beginning. It really came into its own after he admitted his feelings and was rejected, which makes sense storyline-wise, of course, but it felt like a dragging process to get there, and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

Also not sure how to feel about it being in the Romance section when it didn't get to the erotic romance! But that's the beauty of the whole story and although it made me sad, it was realistic. Those moments Tracy shared with Alex was a kind of romance (in his mind lol) just not reciprocated, and that's real. So I thank you for writing realness.

jasjonjasjonover 8 years ago
-5

I can understand the no sex angle, but no romance/love either? This was a waste of 10 minutes of my life. Leave Literotica and write bulletins for church.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Pt 2 they fall in love?

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
Un my opinion...

....HB, I think the commentators to this story, for that matter a problem many of the readers of the stories on this site, share. Is an inability to comprehend the difference between rutting, fucking and lovermaking. Not just the words themselves but also the actions/relationships those words describe.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
why is this here?

There is no romance in this story.

Should have been in Non-Erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Keep going...

Good Story, good plot.

Can't wait for the 2nd chapter!

Well, I can, but I don't want to!

extemporeextemporeover 8 years ago
Very well written story

The gripes about it being in the wrong category, given the nature of this site, are not wrong but I didn't care. It's about two young adults still coming to terms

with becoming a man and woman and how to make sense of the whole love-sex dynamic in adulthood.

Like many of us were, they are both a couple of years behind the "norm" in that regard, which can lead to many painful moments. I look forward to how you resolve that for your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good work

very creative, please continue the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I disagree... Romance is the appropriate category

I think Romance is the right category and I was really enjoying the story... until you had Tracey tell Alex how he feels... followed by days of depression (and potential suicide). This is not a "fucking" story... this is a story about how a young man describes his growing relationship with a young woman in an interesting situation. Note that her perspective only comes through his description, not directly from her. Personally, I wanted to see them continue the living arrangement AND develop their personal relationship. Why did Alex not develop a romantic view of Tracey? Or has she, but she's afraid to admit it? Or is she a lesbian and that has not been revealed to Tracey? Maybe she's carrying a traumatic experience in her past. There is a LOT we don't know about Alex. We, the readers, have no idea. Maybe HB can reveal more about these two characters in the next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Poor ending

It was well written nice character development. If she didn't feel the same way as him why didn't she ever date someone? Romance is not the right section fora building of just a friendship.

YDB95YDB95about 8 years ago
Nice job!

Sad, but first adult crushes usually do end that way, and you really let us feel what Tracy is feeling. As for the category placement, folks, it couldn't go in Non-erotic, that would have given away the ending!

I do hope there's a sequel where Alex changes her mind. (I haven't explored your other stories yet.)

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
This was not a bad story

But it was labeled as romance and it contained none. Mislabeled and since this type of story is the type i avidly avoid, it gets a one for the author not submitting this correctly. Sorry I didnt like it and it was misrepresented. Huge waste of my time. Thanks :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A story "on the corner bitter and sweet"

I like this story very much. It is well written, touching, and has an inner truth and nobility.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic

Unlike Thelvyner, I see this as one of the most romantic stories on the site

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Mislabeled

Well written, but I didn't enjoy it. Was expecting an actually romantic ending.

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago

A lovely story but no sex (which is fine) and only his half of a romance (she might as well have been a tree, or a statue, or a dog, she felt no romance at all even at the end - the worst cut is that she STILL has no feeling for him, she's friend-zoned him and there's no willingness on her part to even consider any other relationship). I liked the bittersweetness, but I just can't see it as real romance if only half the players are in the game...

And now I'm mad at myself because i realized how I've been plotting the same sort of bittersweet thing in a science fantasy and wasting my time on a tragedy too much like this one. I was so locked into the 'how to tell the story' and now that I see the situation so clearly defined I hate the love interest in my own story with a white hot flame for her own blindness.

So big ups to HectorBidon for writing this, and I hate it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Need a happy ending

Hope you continue their story with happy ending

paramax2000paramax2000about 6 years ago
Goes where it has to go

In reading a short story as opposed to a novel I kind of expect the author is going to lead me down a hiking trail I don't know. Maybe it heads up the side of a mountain or down a steep cliff into a gully. Maybe it crosses sand dunes or a briskly flowing mountain stream. I allow myself the luxury of simply going where the trail takes me; seeing what the trail shows me. It's very much the case here. The author knows where he's going. It's maybe not where I wanted to go. But it doesn't matter. It's a damn fine story and I can appreciate it just for that.

wapentakewapentakeabout 6 years ago
Happy ever after?

Sadly, not every romance ends in happy ever after. This is a well written and thoughtful short story.

kvalentinekvalentinealmost 5 years ago
Definitely NOT Romance

1 Star. Would rate it lower if I could.

Romance stories are about love. Though unrequited love can be a theme in a romance, actual love between people has to be a part of it. The absence of sex in the story is irrelevant.

Categories and Tags exist for a reason. They allow people to find the stories they want to read and avoid the ones they don't. "Spoiling" an ending that may be upsetting or triggering to some people is actually kind of the point. If a story has incest as a primary theme, it probably aught to go in the incest category. Does that spoil what's going to happen? Yes. Is that a bad thing? Not really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice romance

This is nice romance and I liked it. I was thinking of a more classical happy ending, but actually this is nice human story and I’ll sure many of us had quite similar. I sometimes felt abandoned and missing sex relation but in fact this was stronger love.

Sex is good indeed but love affair is not only sex and this story is nice and well written.

Sur we come to that site for sex but I cannot understand the bad comments. As if sex was the only topic. When a novel is well written sex can be pleasant but not absolutely required. Perhaps am I too fleur bleue?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sweet but

In real life, the awkwardness never dissipates. He drops her and she lets him because there's no way back.

Mojo648Mojo648about 2 years ago

Should've been created for failed romance stories or none romance stories, or even 1 sided romance stories category.

NotHemingwayNotHemingwayabout 2 years ago

I just loved how you had this end. I, like everyone else, was expecting 'happily ever after.' But that's not how life works most of the time. You built the story up perfectly, and had a perfect (i.e., real life) ending. Nice job.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHectorBidon@HectorBidon
228 Followers
The pear is sweet, but the one who offers the pear is sacred.