All Comments on 'The Scared Mate'

by Sherrybaby14

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
ChanceEncounterChanceEncounterover 8 years ago
Interesting start...

Looking forward to the next chapter. Not a fan of Eric, then again, I'm guessing I'm not supposed to. Also, I like Wyat, but I would like him a bit more if he showed some more 'Alpha' qualities - spine. I like his gentle nature with Charlie, but I'm curious, how come he didn't sense her slight pain when pulling out the tubes and/or notice her leave? I doubt very much that I'll enjoy reading about the sick, twisted person or people who hurt her (not a fan of pain), but it is an intriguing part of the plot. There were some errors, but I tend to gloss over those when the story holds my attention, plus I read what you wrote in your bio about not using editors, so it's a mute point anyway. Another thing - not sure what my thoughts on the Bridget/best friend/mate dynamic are. There's something there, for sure. Obviously. Ha. Thank you for the story. Will the next chapter be posted soon?

bearsladybearsladyover 8 years ago

I mostly agree with ChancedEncounters. Eric is overbearing, Wyatt is spineless and Bridget is a respect-less idiot. Eric seems to run his pack with the idea of fear induced respect (becomes spineless with his mate). Wyatt seems to run is pack without them having any respect (a party after he says no?) and becomes forceful only to protect his mate. Bridget appears to be a girl (definitely not a woman) who's been catered to and always gotten her way. Charlie? She seems to have been pushed past her breaking point and lives in survival mode.

Now having said all that, you're creating a story that has me wondering 'what happens next'. Your writing has nice detail and I'm curious to see how you tie everything together and if your characters mature and grow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It's not rouge

It's spelled rogue. The other way is French for "red". Just in case you want to do more, which I suggest tou do, great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

it has been for-freakin-ever since I last read a good nonhuman story on here! I love the change of POV and love my feels for each character. I do agree that Wyatt should be a bit more alpha like but I love that he's supper kind and he's pack likes and loves him instead of fearing him like Eric pack fears Eric. I liked Charlie can't wait to see what so special about her. I liked Bridget but she does act a more like a girl and less like a woman and what is her deal with Wyatt can't wait to read that. Eric.. well lets say you made hating him very easy, I hate him. I beg you to continue this story and make regular updates. IT'S AMAZING!!!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 8 years ago
I'm intrigued...

but I don't like any of the characters. I have to love at least one character to get hooked. I'll see what the next few chapters are like before giving up.

DarkPulseDarkPulseover 8 years ago
Interesting

I'm curious where this is going. Good so far.

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 8 years ago
I stopped reading halfway through

When the story started, I liked the plot, typical lycan plot, but still a classic. You're a good writer. This story has great imagery and dialogue. My problem is with the content. The male characters all seem to come off really weak and insecure, more so than I would expect.

Also, if an alpha werewolf punched a hospital wall, one would think the drywall would be the least of the worries. I can punch through drywall, I would expect with his strength, and the anger he was going through, while his reaction is childish, would have caused much more destruction.

Eric's antics make his character unbearable. His thinking and actions have absolutely no logic. Why would he be angry she left the clinic. Why would he demand things of her. Surely the doctor would have told Eric of the girl's situation (what her past and present injuries were), or notice how she didn't look well to not act like such a douchebag.

Also the incredibly fast progression of Wyatt telling the girl all things, like she was his mate and asking her about children, felt very uncomfortable. I mean the girl was obviously tortured, why would he thrust these things on her? Again it makes the male characters seem moronic and really weak.

Again, Bridget's brother not telling her anything because he thinks she's a member of a rival pack. Then Eric saying her brother was a good beta and that she should care more about her new pack than her old pack, and that she should get a new 'female" best friend....ugh....I guess familial connections mean nothing...again it makes all the males look moronic, weak, and insecure.

Again, you're a great writer and these are just my opinions about the content.

Thanks for posting!!!

partwolfpartwolfover 8 years ago
Great start

Good setup of mystery and motive, looking forward to the next part.

mftz1mftz1over 8 years ago

I like it. Looking forward to discovering more about Charlotte. Eric and Bridgit's relationship not the usual for werewolf stories. Confused about Bridgit's brother name-Tristan or Benny?

BiotechGirlBiotechGirlover 8 years ago
I may cry!

I am absolutely dying to find out what is special about Charlotte and which of the pack was abusing her and what Eric has in store for her. Please continue the story. I may cry if you don't supply an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
PLease Continue This Story as a Series

I do hope that you can continue this story as a full blown series. I want to know what is so off with Charlotte and what Eric is scheming. I do hope that she comes around so her and Wyatt can work her through her past.

AnnaRevan90AnnaRevan90over 8 years ago
The Scared Mate Tale is a good one that needs to be told

This is a good tale. New and for my personal tastes and opinion, a breath of fresh air from the little used were series on literotica. I greatly appreciate this, as well as your other works. I certainly encourage you to continue with this series and explore the dynamics and stories of all these unique characters. It will make for good writing and reading, adding some delight and colour to our very mechanical lives.

I also wish to see how Charlotte and Wyatt end up working through their issues and her past. It should be quite the tale and journey for us all.

magevmagevalmost 8 years ago
More, please?

I am looking forward to reading the continuation of this story, it deserves to be completed, please do not abandon it!

Sherrybaby14Sherrybaby14almost 8 years agoAuthor
In progress

I have not abandoned this! I try and finish the stories now before I post them otherwise my plot gets a little derailed. I also accidentally posted the wrong draft of the first section. It is outlined and will be finished!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
great start!!

keep going

tanilctanilcalmost 8 years ago
Great story

I really hope this story will continue, it is really good. I can't wait to find out what happens to Charlie.

unknownnooneunknownnooneover 7 years ago
Please continue

Like all of your stories I have read, it's wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

hope you finish this I find a lot don't finish all the way then I'm disappointed

Sophia_Sophia_about 7 years ago
Please update!

I love this! Please don't leave me hanging like this!

sacredjoysacredjoyalmost 7 years ago
Please Update

Can not wait to read the rest.

KaradiamoonKaradiamoonalmost 7 years ago
Please finish this!

Please don't leave us hanging! It's so good, more I say!! I'd love to edit for you. Contact kerrynesbitt@live.com

notme22notme22over 6 years ago
Good Story - thank you!

I'm digging the story, and eager to see where it goes. So I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Does Bridget have two brothers? I thought earlier his name was Tristan, but then it became Benny.

I'm guessing Eric might not be a stand-up guy? Agree with another commentor that is was surprising Dr. Knolls didn't tell Eric about her previous & on-going torture. I can't tell now if he'd even care about Charlotte. But something tells me he'd care about a sadistic Alpha & what was going on with that pack. (Maybe this other Alpha's abuse & torture is creating these rogues.)

Bridget & Wyatt's relationship is a little bit of a surprise. Maybe not at first, but definitely after he found his mate. I understand they're best friends, interestingly the BFF stuff is only mentioned when we're in Bridget's POV, but even Wyatt admitted to himself that he wouldn't appreciate his mate behaving this way with another Alpha. (For example, if Eric became this chummy with Charlotte I imagine Eric would cut the both of them out of his life without a second thought, life long friendhship be damned. Wyatt seems like a relatively smart guy. While I appreciate their strong friendship, now that he has Charlotte he should really know better & start dialing back this tight, touchy-feely friendship.) And Bridget seems to be using her relationship with Wyatt as an opportunity to be maliciously antagonistic with Eric. That seems mean. She already knows her friendship upsets Eric, and she flaunts it on purpose, as though she were trying to intentionally hurt him. Her behavior makes me think she doesn't love or care about Eric at all. She shouldn't have to abandon her friendship, but I'd think she'd do better to take care when considering her mate's feelings. I would think she'd want to do this. That she doesn't makes me curious about their story. They don't seem well suited for each other; to the contrary it seems as though Bridget is in love with Wyatt, so I'm hoping you reveal how they became mates.

Thanks again! And I really hope we get another chapter. Cheers!

cindyp1976cindyp1976over 4 years ago
Really liking this story

I'm really loving this story and am disappointed that you haven't continued writing it. Please finish the story you are a really good writer of non-human stories and that's not something I can say about everyone that posts in this section. Please keep writing

shyspudshyspudover 3 years ago

please continue....

Iread2relaxIread2relaxalmost 3 years ago

Great story. The build up is fantastic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSherrybaby14@Sherrybaby14
587 Followers
Hi! Still writing, but lately more on tumblr and ao3. Sort of fallen into The Walking Dead fandom, will write originals again soon

story TAGS