All Comments on 'Carnal Knowledge Ch. 13-14'

by Emmeline

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 8 years ago
Oooooh cliffhanger

I've been checking back for this one for a while now. YAY! This chapter had it all, hotness, humor, drama. Lots of loose ends still. You know I'll be skulking around, on the lookout for more. :) Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sending love !

Oh hun, the feels you give me!

Can't wait for the next one. I've been waiting for Eliza to finally stand up and make her own choices! She's always had a fire within... I hope no harm comes to the little boy. :(

PlegamansPlegamansover 8 years ago
Wow!

How do you manage to make each chapter more exciting that the previous one? This is sublime, I love the drama. What a turn of events!

kitten_in_heatkitten_in_heatover 8 years ago
There has to be an explanation for Rockdale to suggest such a thing!

"Rockdale frowned thoughtfully. "However, dear, don't stay here too long. I have a feeling I'll be having another...guest to stay soon."

He winked, underscoring his meaning, and she took a step backward, his barb sliding neatly through her breast bone and lodging in her heart.

She stared up at him, lips going numb and trembling. A thousand retorts sprang to her lips, but in the end, she only nodded. "I understand."

His lips whitened and suddenly his hand whipped out to grasp her elbow hard. "Eliza..." "

His lips whitened! Who was he insinuating that was going to be a guest there shortly? It seems Eliza thought wrong. At least, I hope she thought wrong.

Besides that, I'm delighted to see your return to the series. A lot of things are set in motion in this chapter so I can't wait to know what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Better than Harlequin!

And exceptionally well written story. This is a true gem and has a wonderful balance of class, sass, and brash -- love it please do not abandon the story I will be checking back for more updates. Huzzah!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best Historical Romance EVER

I am in total awe of this series, and I want to praise you and shower you in compliments for writing such a humorous, bodice-ripping, passionate, historical story. It's historically accurate and brings me to tears via heartbreak for the characters and laughter. Thank you for updating and I wait for the next part.

FindmywayFindmywayover 8 years ago
Must you!

What a delicious chapter. I love the way you continue to develop each character and provide wondeful insight into their emotions.

Hopefully, you wont leave us hanging....can you say cliffhanger???? Nothing like throwing young children in the mix having us sit at the end of our chairs wondering what's next.....nicely played

EmmelineEmmelineover 8 years agoAuthor
:)

Hi all, thanks for the kind comments. Yes, I did give you a cliff-hanger with small children. I've run amok!

@kitten Just wanted to clarify my thoughts on the passage you mentioned...here's what I meant to convey: Rockdale is hurt and looking to strike back at Eliza, but hurting her back didn't give him any satisfaction. In fact, he feels a little *gasp* regret and frustration for the dumb words that keep spouting from his mouth, but he doesn't know how to fix it.

LeahNicolecLeahNicolecover 8 years ago

I love this story so much! Please don't let Eliza leave Rockwell!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Omg

I'm so happy your back. I love this story, don't let her leave Rockdale. Can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another Wonderful chapter!! Thank you!!

I just love Rockdale's character - bossy, rakish but charming and smooth at the same time. What a hot character!!

No wonder Eliza can't resist and swoons around him. I would too, if in her shoes.

Oh and those copulation scenes between them are so hawt!! They make me melt!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ha....ha......

Is it just me who finds Rockdale's potty mouth such a turn-on?

I'm drooling and dissolving into puddles at his sexy words to Eliza.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I wonder why Eliza isn't preggie yet?

With 14 chapters of constant carnal activity going on between them, I'm surprised Eliza is not showing pregnancy symptoms yet?

Hope Ms Emmie will write the pregnancy in, I would like to see what Rockdale's reaction will be? Since he will know that this baby is definitely his own flesh and blood.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To quote that fantabulous Christopher Walken SNL character the Continental

WOW, WOW, WOWEEEEE! Oh my goodness I can't wait for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
to anonymous

She did say her appetite was off that morning and then she was suddenly really hungry. I thought those WERE signs of possible pregnancy.

bearsladybearsladyover 8 years ago
Excellent

You do keep this story moving along on so many levels. You write not only the main characters well, but even the peripheral characters. You take the time to flesh them out, give them their own feelings and traits. And present them in a way that allows us to see them as real people, not just props to move the main story along. That is one of the signs of true talent.

I look forward to the next chapter, whenever RL allows you to post it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Aaghh!!!!! I'm so happy!!

I so did not see another installment in the future but I'm SO happy there was!!

And now that Nicholas is gone there's a lot of writing to be done. Hint hint!

I am enjoying this story so much, it's just the right amount of everything. Thanks for making my day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Ms Emmeline,

I just want to lie in bed all day and read your stories from start to end.

You are that good!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Loved it! Please continue the story and you should definitely write more often, youre very good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pregnant

I am so glad she is getting sick in the mornings. Super excited about the pregnancy. Does that mean she won't be able to go home because it would ruin her sister's reputation? And why does he think that being his known mistress is good? It just admits to the world she is his whore in that time period. He still thinks he is better than she is. I loved this chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I love it! Thank you for coming back.

I've been coming back often to check for your next chapter and you didn't disappoint. You write so well that I'm totally invested in your characters. I can totally see her with some guy who is willing to take her even though she is tarnished (do we know a guy like that?) and offering to give her and her bastard child legitimacy. There are sooo many ways to go but please, please, please, write soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
EMMELINE PLZ REPLY

I was so upset thinking you have forgotten us, you are by far a very talented writer.... I wish you would get up published. I love your characters, plots and schemes!!!

Oh when do you think you are able to release the next chapter? Mid October? End of the next month?

Sending a lot of love!!! Xx Canada

Quickfingers8Quickfingers8over 8 years ago
Wonderful

I found this story yesterday and was instantly hooked. The way you write the characters with actual depth, and interweaving these little side plots is just a joy to read. I won't be one of those readers demanding an update soon, but I certainly look forward to more. Definitely favoriting this one!!

EmmelineEmmelineover 8 years agoAuthor
Love your comments :)

Thanks y'all! Your comments make me smile and laugh out loud at times. I appreciate your kindness very much.

I will do my best to continue the story and not leave you hanging. I do work two jobs (a full-time and a part-time) so unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to write. I try really hard to make my stories as error free as I can. I'm sure I don't catch them all, but I try! I say all that not really to make excuses but to explain why progress seems so slow.

@anon Canada: I can't really give an ETA on the next chapters, sorry!

hugs,

Em

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 stars for you Emmiline.

I'm so excited to see the update. You have a way with the words and I'm loving it, please don't keep us hanging and waiting much longer, and thank you for this nice story.

Jana💓

kris10ekris10eover 8 years ago
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

AWESOME! !

blushkrisblushkrisover 8 years ago
This was great!!!!!

Yayyyyyyyyy you're back

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 8 years ago
This chapter was a bit predictable

but I still enjoyed it. I'm glad you're back and am looking forward to seeing the characters move forward, rather than in circles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Perfect erotic story......

Cannot wait for the next chapter (s). The story is somewhere between 50 Shades of Grey and Pride and Prejudice. Very well written and very good development of the characters.

NaturalnaughtyNaturalnaughtyover 8 years ago
Wonderful

Simply wonderful, I can't wait for the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Too slooooow...

This is just the kind of multi chapter story that I can only appreciate reading like a book after completion. I've unfortunately lost interest in the characters due to the slow pace of posting chapters. Perhaps I'll try to revisit this once or if it's ever finished. I really did like it but again I just can't stay interested at such an agonizing slow timeline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love this series!!!

Wonderful story and beautifully written characters. I anxiously await further installments!!! Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fabulous!!

Next please!! This is too freaking awesome!! Loving it and want some more..

MorvorenMorvorenover 8 years ago
Better than Austen

Fabulously well written. Why has this not been made into a movie, it's so much better than 50 shades? I just loved it & am looking forward to the next instalment. Brilliant, unexpectedly good stuff.

CopperflowerCopperflowerover 8 years ago
Thank you!

- for yet another amazing chapter to your story. I can't wait to read further.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing as always!!

i don't know how you do it but it's awesome!! can't wait for the next one! It's time for Rockdale to come to his senses

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
love this story

I love this story so much! I can't wait for the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Earl of Rockdale

love your story Em. But why did you choose to make William an Earl instead of a Duke or a Marquee? Rockdales behavior is very high handed seems like he should a duke is all. Though Earl of Rockdale does have a ring to it. Eagerly awaiting next ch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved the story!

Loved the story, love you ability to write so well. I am very impressed with the development of the characters and their relationship/s. Please continue. Can't wait for next installment......

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Waiting....

Waiting for the next chapters...please make them long...can't wait to read them! Am hooked to your story!! Superb writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is seriously the best.

I wish you would turn this story into a full length book and get it published. You write so well, so thoroughly develop your characters and who doesn't love a period piece?

I checked about every two weeks since the last installment. Please post again soon!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Please publish the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I only just came across your story and i read it all in one siting. I absolutely love it! Can't wait for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
more

Please write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I love it! Thanks for continuing the story, I can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Seriously

This story doesn't deserve five stars at all. It deserves a full galaxy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Waiting

Please update it soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Delicious story!

I don't think I can wait patiently for the next installment. I'm greedy and have voraciously consumed this story in one sitting. Love the plot, dialogue and especially the character development. The is a very well thought out novel. Thank you!

AquarelaAquarelaover 8 years ago
Moreeeee

Please!!!!!!!!

PrettyVirgo24PrettyVirgo24over 8 years ago
love this story

I need more please. Don't leave us like this

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Christmas request

Emmeline won't you give us our Christmas present? You know what we want; The next chapter!! Please talk to Santa so that you can update soon! ;)

EmmelineEmmelineover 8 years agoAuthor
I will do my best!!

I am trying, I promise! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good news!

Feeling like a child waiting for Santa.*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
im hooked

when is the next chapter comming

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I have never before left a comment on a story here, but your words have enticed me and had me hooked from the beginning. I very much look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is lovely, thank you

This has been such a lovely surprise. It's engaging and erotic, thank you for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

This is wonderful you should be writing actual romance novels this is a book I would pick up and not put down till the pages ran out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful writing! Keep it coming!

As a guy, I am completely engrossed in this story. I love the balance and tension that you have generated between the characters. I agree that you could write romance novels.... But I'm not sure if Mills & Boons would publish them!

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Please keep the chapters coming.... Will they get together (hope so), what will happen with Atherton and George? So much to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Please hurry and finish the story. I can't wait to see how it ends.

GravitateGravitateabout 8 years ago
Without any doubt, this is my favourite story…

…and I check regularly for the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I totally agree with everyone! I can't stop reading this story. In this world of instant gratification, it's killing me to wait for the rest. Don't stop writing! You're excellent!

brokenravenbrokenravenabout 8 years ago

When will the rest of this beautifully written sensual story come?

PrettyVirgo24PrettyVirgo24about 8 years ago
How much longer

Please finish I love this story and need more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Dear Emmeline

We didn't have your Christmas present but could we hope for a Valentine surprise?

EllipsisDHEllipsisDHabout 8 years ago
Don't leave us hanging!!

I've read MANY romance novels in my life and this story fits right in and could easily be a book....but where's the rest!? Please finish!! Need to know what happens to Nicholas, if that scoundrel George gets caught, and William and Eliza have make up and get married! KEEP WRITING!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Where is more??

This has reminded me of books written like nicole jordan or by Brenda Joyce, very very good writing..easily could be a novel..way beyond ready to read more!! And if the writer should decide to go a published book route...please leave info, bc I would definitely be a reader!

TheVindicatorTheVindicatorabout 8 years ago
Oh come on!!!

This is a terribly cruel cliffhanger!!! The story continues to engage me. I started reading it today after i signed up and got here in 5 hours. It was most engaging. Please post the next part soon!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
keep writing!

So much better than Fifty Shades ....the wtiting is appealling and I am waiting fir the next chapters!

kittymacabrekittymacabreabout 8 years ago
A well written story...

With strong character development, a good plot, and beautiful use of language. However, these feelings Eliza is experiencing are what is known as Stockholm Syndrome. Nonconsensual encounters simply aren't a basis for romance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
To Kittimacabre

Dear, this is a non con story, it is not real life, and without the shadow of a doubt CN is one of the very best in Lit.

Maria

EmmelineEmmelineabout 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Maria!

Rape / nonconsensual sex in real life is never acceptable. That's why my story is formed out of pure fantasy. Some people understand this particular twist in romance, but other readers just aren't wired the same way. Everyone is different. What I find in romance stories as trite and boring, someone else may love.

To my readers that may be wondering, I haven't forgotten you or abandoned the story. I did get discouraged and lose my focus for a while, but I am plucking away again. The next two chapters are close to being finished. As it turns out, writing is hard. :)

Love,

Emmeline

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Can't wait for the next chapter(s)!!! You're writing is fantastic!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great series

Great details ...love this series

Horseman68Horseman68about 8 years ago
Next Chapter is Much Desired and Over Due

Too enthralling a story to leave readers hanging so long.

applescherries105applescherries105about 8 years ago
So good

Just devoured this whole story last night. Amazing story telling; compelling plot; wonderful language; and fiery sex-- what's not to love?? Extremly anxious to keep reading. I love how lively and unique all of the characters are and how realistic you've kept Eliza. She doesn't fall head over heels for the earl, and continues to war with her emotions and the stigma that started their affair. Very, very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Is there a time estimate for the new chapter. Just wondering. Cuz I'm dying over here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Please continue the story, or at least, bring it to it's conclusion!

You're a wonderful storyteller. Please don't leave your fans hanging...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Better than 50 Shades of Grey

Wonderful storyline and full of excitement! Cant wait for your next chapter. Gets better with each one you are an amazing writer and should actually try to get published i know you would be quite sucessfull. I would be one of your biggest fans!

ButterBearButterBearalmost 7 years ago
Great read

Dear Emmaline,

Wonderfully written story! Great work and kudos to you.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 6 years ago
Gripping

From Biddleton and Simpson to Miles and Rockdale and the final scene with Eliza, that's the only word which seems apt to describe this all. Throw in Nicolas running off and maybe now the children will make silly Eliza want to stay with Grayson. I don't remember who said the saying (probably in a movie) but, "the heart wants what the heart wants," and I cannot shake the feeling that while this isn't in the same vein as a musical, Rockdale's molded Eliza into a far more matured character as the same Eliza in "My Fair Lady." 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I miss this

Rereading!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love reading about them just hanging out and being a couple.

lolololitalolololita4 months ago

love the slow burn!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmmeline@Emmeline
1747 Followers
On again, off again writer of smutty romance. I’m sorry Carnal Knowledge isn’t finished. Maybe someday.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES