All Comments on 'Musing on the Age'

by TxRad

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Interesting

You took two years to post it but it's a good place to start. Born in the same year

And saw must of the same things. Difference I ran away after Vietnam to an area

That didn't care. It chanced a lot. I still made sure to have fun. Enjoyed the thoughts

And your writing.

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
considering all the ramifications

TR, you did a pretty good job of describing your experienced history from your POV. Here, at this end of our mortal lives, we can look back to try and justify the effect we will have upon future generations.

A good example is the release of the graph displaying the effect that lead poisoning has had upon the National murder rate since 1920. How the level of violence followed the use of lead in paint and fuel and other industrial processes. And the decline in violence with enforced environmental controls. Cause and Effect have consequences for all of us.

I think it is important for each of us to realize that we, all of us are a portion of a society and that we should be willing to recognize that the other people also belong. Especially when we do not care for their presence. Cause in the end, those we hate the most are the ones that are the most like ourselves.

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
There Are 26.96 Million Stories In Texas*****

You have just read one of them. Thanks for sharing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
SO what?

You're older, wiser and more experienced. And as you grow older your ramblings will mean less and less as your memories fade into dust. Then that old statement, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" will apply, you'll be dead and others will get older, wiser and more experienced. That's the way life goes. CHEERS!

legerdemerlegerdemerover 8 years ago
A very nice meander through personal history

Nice musings, TR, not to mention perfect for my insomniac nights. When I think about progress within my own lifespan (about 12 years less than yours) I think about the size of computers I've used - the terminals for the near room-sized behemoths back in the very early 80s to the hand-held phones and tablets of today. The first portable I ever saw, a Kaypro, wasn't - portable, that is. I might have added something about the sex I'd given as well as they as I'd gotten, had I written the piece. You didn't mention how HIV changed the sexual landscape - perhaps it really hit me that in my younger, more carefree days, we thought nothing - rather stupidly - of having sex without condoms, and getting pregnant was the biggest deal. Enjoy the great legacy of your genetics, and we'll enjoy more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Perspective from afar

Thanks for this little gem in the middle of a field of gems

Most of Your stories Have a lesson or a moral to them. A sense of humanity

I have enjoyed getting to this story and finishing the rest

Thanks

James

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A nice walk back in time

Reading this on your now 70th birthday is an honor. Keep on keeping on, kid!

jimmac44jimmac44about 3 years ago

I'm only a few years younger than you are Tex. Couldn't agree more! Keep writing, love your stories!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTxRad@TxRad
5919 Followers
75 year old guy that worked in the oil fields of Texas for 41 years and writes because he has to..... Nudist, loves the outdoors, ex stock car racer, likes to have fun... If you're not happy then you're doing something wrong...