All Comments on 'Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 18'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
love it

thanks for the new chapter love it!

AR

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
A top notch tale...another triumph!

You just keep on doing it...better and better...and I for one cannot get enough! Keep 'em coming!!!!!!!

oshawoshawover 8 years ago

Best Series Ever! Thanks for another great chapter, HDK!

oshaw

Sid0604Sid0604over 8 years ago
Another great chapter...

Thank you for another great chapter. I look forward to reading more of your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Great story one of the best on here keep it going!!!!!!!

engineerireengineerireover 8 years ago
Is there a story arc here?

Somehow or other this feels like you are just making this up as you go along. None of these chapters really develop the plot in any meaningful way. Do you have a complete story arc in mind? Are we 1/4 way through? 1/2? 1/1024?

While I really enjoy your writing style I am getting a bit irritated with the feeling that you are just "spinning your wheels".

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ukraine hospital scene is a unintentional big hoot

Show that part of your story to 10 Ukrainians and you will have 10 people laughing up a storm.

>Most of them felt relief to be able to give care to patients without concern for social or financial status.

is exactly what US doctors and nurses might think if they were working in a charity hospital....but the rest of the industrial world, and a lot of the third world has Universal Health Care! It may come as a surprise, but all over the world, the poor get medical care ....but not in the US!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hospital Administrator

There's not a hospital administrator in Europe, Western or Eastern, that would think or talk that way. They all have Universal Health Care, and routinely treat the poor with no mention of money....Now in the US, you'd find lots of administrators like that!

engineerireengineerireover 8 years ago
Thanks for replying

If reading a book we can judge roughly where we are in the narrative by looking at the pages left. In a serial such as this we depend entirely on clues from the story itself - you haven't given any. (It's a mild irritation rather than a serious criticism.)

I do think it's funny that commenters take issue with you not knowing about Ukrainian healthcare. In a chapter where the heroes travel from public adulation in Moscow to equal acclaim in Kiev and USA - that is the least of the "unlifelike-nesses". Wise up people - this is a (literally) fantastic story where nothing should be taken seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another Great Story

Thank you for one more exciting chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ukranian healthcare

Excuse me you fools!

I have spent considerable time in the Ukraine. (I have been almost adopted by one family) When Valentine was hospitalized in what is considered a "good" hospital in Kharkov, He had to "grease" the system to make sure the surgeon showed up sober and that quality medications were used! Then we members of his family had to bring him food and water during his stay! When you walk through the halls you see VERY few staff! It is NOTHING like the medical care you expect to find in the U.S.! That is what "nationalized"healthcare is REALLY like!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 8 years agoAuthor
I find it fascinating that

we are discussing Ukrainian health care. Is that what's hard to believe about my story? Not the honest politicians? I have access to Google and it tells me that health care in most of the eastern European countries is spotty, at best. Money talks. Poor people suffer all over the world. Why would anyone think it would be any different anywhere in the world? For some unknown reason, one reader has the opinion that socialized health care means that the country has good hospitals and well trained staff. I don't see the connection. If all you have is a mediocre system, at best, the care will be mediocre, at best, even if it's free. Do not tell me, or most readers, that poor people don't get the short end of the stick on every continent and every major city in the world. It sucks being poor! Does anyone know of people that travel TO Ukraine for surgery and/or diagnosis of serious medical issues?

Sniper014Sniper014over 8 years ago
Really people

Come on people this is a fanasty story. You mean you are really getting upset about the way Harddaysknight is describing the health care in Russia and the way that they are always in trouble and come out smelling like roses. I have been following the story from the beginning and I just enjoy it becasue it is fun to read.

True I could nitpick it for some errors but I did not. I am retired navy and buds grad. If the events of the story is true then by the time Steve was commissioned from the academy it would have been four years. BUDS training takes 6 months and you are on probation for 1 year before you are assigned to a team and about 2 years before you go on a mission. By this time you are looking at about 7 1/2 years. Gwen would have already completed college and would be in a hospital doing internship or even working as an operation room extra.

I did not say anything about this before because I really enjoyed the story and know from the first chapter that is was only fanasty and the men reading this story would like to be Steve and women reading this strory would like to be Gwen.

All I am saying is that I will stick with Harddaysknight right up to the point that he ends the story.

Keep up the great story telling and will be looking forward to more charpters.

firas01firas01over 8 years ago
Regarding health care

My dear author, Eastern Europe does not only have a mediocre health system, they have mediocre systems in every thing, human rights, rule of law, equal opportunities and everything else that make the people of these countries migrate to other countries, however, nationalized health system has been adopted by most if not all west European countries, Canada, japan, Australia, and many other countries, people do travel to Germany or France for treatment, the united states is not the only country in the world which have good hospitals but it is the only country in the industrialized world in which a great number of its citizens can not actually afford medical care or medical care expenses can seriously affect their budget and their livelihood. I have lived in both eastern and western europe as part of my career and now I am here at the states, I have this information first hand and not through the internet.

dmg43dmg43over 8 years ago
WHY

can't some "readers" understand that this story is FICTION!!!!!!

THAT means it is NOT REAL!

Personally I LIKE the story. It is a FUN READ. I look forward to the next chapters to see what the "group" does & gets into & how they get in & out of it.

I think HDK has done a GREAT job with it.

The "HAMMER" needs to fall on Bill Hardy.....ASAP!

LIR needs to hire Jodi the French sax player & put her in Charlie's band

Steph NEEDS a boyfriend

More pols in D.C. need to be outed by the "info" Steve & Gwen have gathered

What's the status of Asgard? Are all the homes built yet?

What did it cost LIR to purchase the old hospital in Paris....you never did say

WRITE FASTER PLEASE

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Seriously????

Folks are arguing about health care???? You are reading a great story and it IS fiction as the author has said many times. I will just say this. I was in London two years ago and the headlines were discussing the horrible finding that the death rate of patients in English hospitals was 40% higher than the US. So while people like to denigrate the U.S. medical system and it sure has its flaws, it turns out others are not so hot even by our standards.

All of this begs the point, of HDK using hospitals as a plot device for the story. I would also point out the presidents of the US, France, and Russia are NOT the names used by the author and have never been. IT IS A STORY! And it sure is fun to read.

IF you want accuracy read a newspaper. ON second thought never mind. They aren't very accurate either and they are paid to give us accurate information.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
health care

Liberals want the government to run everything.

Health care is part of everything.

That there are many countries where government run health care does not work is an inconvenient fact they wish would go away.

Bribery is the rule in most of the world.

If you want anything to happen there is someone that you pay (usually several someones)

This has little to do with the story except to contrast it with reality.

But if you have read this far into the series you already know it's a fantasy.

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
On the other hand Tw0Cr0ws

There are countries where health care works very well.

Australians are shit-scared of getting sick when they visit the USA.

The biggest problem with our health care system is the government pharmaceutical benefits scheme being ripped off by US Big Pharma companies.

D

gv1horsegv1horseover 8 years ago
great again

Like all chapters this was great a nice way to show taking care off terrorists. It was nice to see Gwen be a bad ass and hold her own, Quick thinking on her part to save Vlad. I think this will go on to other good things that will happen soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
superb!

Another great addition to the Lady in Red series. You have created a wonderful group of people working together to make the world a better place and showing love to all. I will try to wait patiently for the next chapter but...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
forget dem or rep pick your brother up,it makes you feel good

this is the united states and not separate states of a America.read the story and learn.i'm ready for another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Armor

Gwen and the Ladies will need the molded body armor of Cobra Baroness to protect her from bullets without ruining her lines.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Still as awesome as ever

HDK is still writing better stuff than anyone else.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Even with all the heroics

this chapter was able to make the superstars human. They were personalized.

thanks

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 6 years ago

Love the red patches and eye rolls.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
How

How did Senator Mason ,several thousand miles away learn about the wedding attack five minutes after it occurs?.Also the author got himself in a tangle with who had phones confiscated at the wedding,because some who had were later using them without them being returned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why

Why are Qwens family sat outside waiting for the reception to begin when it is obvious it as started?Also how could they enjoy the reception dinner when it had be ruined?.Finally the text Cheryl supposedly sent to Stephanie is far too long to be sent in such a short time.

Wildone101Wildone101about 4 years ago
Re Why

I see you're still failing reading comprehension. There was a small reception being held for the wedding party at a separate location before the main reception started. Since it was a different location, the meal being served was not ruined at the main reception.

I salute you because you can tell how time passes in a written story. I mean seriously, you can tell seconds, which is how long it takes kids to send a text. I see your G key is still broken, might want to grab a new keyboard.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding (5 Stars)

I have only read one other of these Lady in Red series. It was a really good story as well. I stumbled on this one while looking up another story. I always liked your writing. But damn it, did it have to be this good ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and super interesting on top of that.

Now I have a whole damn series that has 32 in Pt 01, 24 in Pt 02, and 9 in Pt 03. The thought that you are already one of my favorite authors just means you are adding to the legend in my mind. I am such a slow reader it will take me until next summer 2023 get through these.

Probably doesn't mean much coming from a fan who does not write, I just want you to know it is greatly appreciated the time you take to write these.

Thank you.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

Rapier875Rapier87511 months ago

So many pedants spending their time picking this story to pieces instead of just enjoying the adventure.

Lighten up people !

Another 5 Stars from me.

Rapier

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7096 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories