All Comments on 'Trivial Pursuits Ch. 20'

by titania123

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
dennybrosedennybroseover 8 years ago

This chapter was absolutely delightful, and I'm really happy you decided to respond to some of the comments on your previous chapters. I mean as long as there's a reaction to your stories, right? But I feel sometimes people snatch one bit and run away with it without looking at the whole picture, so I'm glad you, in different words of course, mentioned this. Hopefully those who choose to continue reading will see this as well. As for me, I've always enjoyed this story and almost bounced out of my seat when I saw a new chapter was up lol. I love this relationship and its developments and I hope it never ends even though it's coming ;_; Thank you so much for this so far.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 8 years ago
Not BDSM

I like that in your author's note, you said this isn't BDSM with all of its rules. Therefore, life's rules kick in. You didn't need to publish that last chapter in the non con section. The story really is a rance. However, the last scene she really did say stop. What happens when she really is uncomfortable with something Denny asks her to do? Does she have the right to draw the line and stand up for herself in a positive way? Also, as an adult, the right to walk away IS an acceptable coping strategy. I have had a therapist tell me that next time my in-laws want to visit en masse, I should leave them keys to my house and go on vacation. Leaving instead of fighting a losing battle with Step - mom and Grandma dearest probably was her best option. If it has happened before, what person wouldn't want to plan an escape route ahead. Maybe her finally standing up for herself to Denny and her family will be part of the climax, but if it isn't, you are still a great writer.

That said, this chapter was awesome. However, it also showed me just how Denny is not equipped to truly understand her. It was sweet and romantic, but it didn't completely build on the previous chapters. I did like the phone conversation with Alyssa ' s mom. It showed her feelings. I am also a huge fan of Pima. Thanks for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is very good

But I'm getting frustrated with Alessa's inability to express love. If he would smirk less, and she would respond with words and not just sex, this would be more enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Keep going and finish

Great that Denny finally said it out loud and Alessa admitted it to herself. But if she doesn't end this weekend telling Denny her real feelings you're going to have more angry readers than you've ever had! After all, this is a Romance, right? 5 stars for this chapter.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 8 years ago
Also

Sorry, I reread my comment and just noticed it said rance instead of romance. However, I also just reread your comments and you said that it isn't as if he is guiding her interests or telling her who she should spend time with. I disagree. That is exactly what he is doing. He is guiding her and telling her she has to have sex and she had to have sex how he wants it even when she is uncomfortable with it. He is also telling her that she has to spend time with her awful step mother and step grandmother who make it a point to humiliate and verbally abuse her. Also, she didn't want to take him home with her yet and he and her sister pushed Alyssa into that too. This isn't grown up discussions learning and compromising like a healthy relationship. This is a pushy man who does not take no for an answer even when she says stop or no. He does take advantage of the same qualities in her that her family does, and he gets bugged by her father not standing up for her, but Denny didn't want to make waves, why should she or her father? The comments don't do justice to a real review of your book, and if this were a book I was buying, I would buy it, but these are the thoughts going through my head as I am reading and it gives you a chance to know and resolve things before the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Can't Wait for The next Chapter

I just found this series a couple days ago and just can't stop reading it. It nice to see a story the has build up like this one has and even nicer to see that no matter what Denny has stuck with her. The average person wouldn't have taken the time and effort to "fix" her that in of itself shows how much he cares for her. While Denny might not have expected a response to his confession I'm sure it stung a little when she couldn't return. Maybe with the visit to her mother's she can let go of the guilt and fully embrace the relation and her love for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Abusive relationship

I read your story because all of the comments lately, well I went further and read your other story, you know the one where the hero rapes the girl and she is so moved for it that can't help but fall in love whit him because of the great man he is. It was non consent, I will give you that, the fact that you make her fall in love with him just comes to show how your mind works. But returning to this particular story, I forced myself to swallow the whole 20 chapters since yesterday, it wasn't easy but I did it, the romance part is not here, I can see the makings of an abusive relationship, he thinks that she is doing things wrong, he is deceiving and manipulative, she has a trauma sexually, that he created! Because he scared the crap out of her in an ally, any way, your Denny is possesive and ugly inside, your story is boring because is the same over and over, she is wrong he is right, I personaly don't like people forcing me to do anything I don't feel right doing, I don't like anyone forcing me to eat what they want, my husband try once and only achieve to have me leaving the table and him alone on the restaurant, he was lucky we were not at home or he would have being wearing the food, we are individuals, you have a very sick idea of what love should be, in this case romance, it is your story so you dictate whe it goes, but the reason many people are being rub the wrong way is that, we all have pretty much an idea of what is romantic and good, and this is not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Abusive relationship

I read your story because all of the comments lately, well I went further and read your other story, you know the one where the hero rapes the girl and she is so moved for it that can't help but fall in love whit him because of the great man he is. It was non consent, I will give you that, the fact that you make her fall in love with him just comes to show how your mind works. But returning to this particular story, I forced myself to swallow the whole 20 chapters since yesterday, it wasn't easy but I did it, the romance part is not here, I can see the makings of an abusive relationship, he thinks that she is doing things wrong, he is deceiving and manipulative, she has a trauma sexually, that he created! Because he scared the crap out of her in an ally, any way, your Denny is possesive and ugly inside, your story is boring because is the same over and over, she is wrong he is right, I personaly don't like people forcing me to do anything I don't feel right doing, I don't like anyone forcing me to eat what they want, my husband try once and only achieve to have me leaving the table and him alone on the restaurant, he was lucky we were not at home or he would have being wearing the food, we are individuals, you have a very sick idea of what love should be, in this case romance, it is your story so you dictate whe it goes, but the reason many people are being rub the wrong way is that, we all have pretty much an idea of what is romantic and good, and this is not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
to resent anonymous comments

Ur a troll. If u don't like d not read it

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Chillllllll

I understand with being a writer comes criticism, but I feel like you're being borderline bashed. I for one love this story, and while it is sometimes dark and a little twisted (granted, I like), it's real. It's not sappy, or your typical Harlequin romance novel. I feel like we have watched the characters grow tremendously since the beginning of the story. Denny may have made some bad choices in his approach, but he took responsibility for his actions when he scared her in the ally (I'm pretty sure) and worked so hard for her trust and let her know he wasn't going anywhere. Those are some pretty goddamn good qualities despite his arrogant and dominant personality. And everyone treats Alessa like the victim, but I feel she's the one who could cause the most pain and is unfair to Denny because she is so stubborn. Sometimes you need to be pushed out of your shell. And the scene where Alessa says no to Denny, I believe we were intended to understand that Denny truly would never hurt her. Every other time he has proven so. I'm not saying it was right, but I don't feel it was wrong either. I love how this story is developing, I'm terrified someone's heart is going to be broken, and I cannot wait for your next chapter.

And for those who are seriously offended, just don't read it. Be constructive in your criticism, and don't be a dick.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 8 years ago
Date rape

So, you can tie each other up and have spnkings and add other kink to your life without BDSM, but in the real world, legal side of things, stop means stop. Even after you have given consent before. Once a person says stop, anything that goes afterwards, even if the person cums from it, is legally rape. Stop means stop, and no means no. She truly freaked out in the last chapter, and because he thought he knew better, he kept going. What happens when she really does mean stop? How far does this control of I know better than you about your fears and your own body go? After he has kept going throught it, then right afterwards, he wants to talk about it? I am sort of bugged that the scenes after that just skip to Thanksgiving and everything is hunky dory because she has been beaten down by everyone and told her that she isn't smart enough to know her own wants for so long that she lets Denny do that to her too. Maybe that is just her character. But I have loved how strong she really is, and you have portrayed a strong character who lets other people step on her and run her life. I hope she stands up for herself and doesn't let Her step mother, step grandmother, or Denny run her life anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Update

Please can you let us know when you will be posting the next chapter?

titania123titania123over 8 years agoAuthor
Update...

Well, I've written what was originally outlined for ch 21...but it's only about 1 Lit page and nothing "exciting" really happens in it, so I've continued on with what was meant to be ch 22 material. I've also had little free time to write so it's all been eking along very slowly as I'm winding up to the end. I can comment again next Wednesday if I'm ready to send whatever constitutes the next chapter off to the editors or not. I will try hard, but don't hold your breath. :( Sorry for the aggravating wait. I wish this process was easier for all of us...but as is, I'll take what I can get.

With apologies,

Titania

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Really?

It's been over a month since you last updated this story! As far as I am concerned it's over! I am not wasting anymore of my time looking for a new chapter.

And here's a tip if you do decide to write another story, write the whole thing before you start posting and wasting people's time.

You got way ahead of yourself with this story, went off a dark beaten path with the bondage part, and now you can't seem to find your way back to the storyline that everyone seemed to love.

Fix it! Finish it! And let's all move on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I am thoroughly enjoying this story as it is and as you want to tell it. I anxiously await the next chapter/s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Can't wait for next chapter!

I love the story so far, please keep it going! I've been checking every single day for the next chapter, hope it comes soon!

titania123titania123over 8 years agoAuthor
Ch 21 Update...

To those of you patiently (and maybe not so patiently) waiting for the next chapter...I have finished it and sent it off to my editors last night. As soon as they can send their feedback to me and I can make the appropriate modifications, I will post. Roughly, that will probably be within the next week. I'm sorry for the wait, but life has demanded more of my time as of late and writing has had to frequently take a back seat. I think we may just have one or two more chapters, depending upon how well I can get through this last bit of material.

Enjoy!

Titania

titania123titania123over 8 years agoAuthor
Chapter 21 Now Submitted

Sorry for the delay folks. I have now submitted 21 and it should be up in about 2-3 days.

Titania

DoctimeDoctimeover 8 years ago
Finally

I have, I think, been one of your harshest critics. So much so that I disappeared from your site. That being said, this was your finest chapter. I am now ready to read to the conclusion. I "have high hopes." Doctime

DoctimeDoctimeover 8 years ago

PS..... FIVE STARS

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story; above the level of some?

Obviously, the complex nature of the personal relationships in your story are lost on a few/some readers. Their great loss. Please know your work is a jewel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WOW

Some of the best loving I've read in a long time. Thanks for your justifications at the end, but it doesn't matter. We readers are along for the ride wherever it takes us. As fans of your work we trust all will be revealed. 5 stars. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Your apologies

From my perspective, the apologies at the end of this chapter are completely unnecessary. I always understood that this is a story about Alessa's fears and Denny's attempts to break through those fears.

It is the inner turmoil of both main characters that gives this piece so much power. It is a romance story at its best.

Keep up the good work. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You are so amazingly talented as a writer! Of course he had to be a bit pushy to have any chance against her prohibitive tight-laced self-preserving personally. I came here after Claiming an Ally and now I MUST read all your works!

kiwiplumkiwiplumover 3 years ago

Totally agree with your points raised Titania. Wonderful romance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories