All Comments on 'Soldier Homecoming'

by Belle_in_south

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
clsc69vetteclsc69vetteover 20 years ago
Thank You

As an Army wife this hit home in so many ways. The long waits, the sporadic calls, the longing. The phone rings and you wonder if it will be a call to rejoice in or you to dread. You live everyday one at a time and sigh in relief when you hear his voice. My husband is still alive but I have held the wives of others who are not and I have hugged those who have come home half the man they used to be sometimes physically and sometimes emotionally. Thank you for capturing so much in this story that very few will ever experience and hope even fewer will ever know.

Novellas10Novellas10over 20 years ago
Simply Beautiful

This was a great story. i literally felt the tears blur my sight as I read this story. It really reaches into your heart and clenches it with it's fist...it truly is a well written and detailed piece of work. I believe that it is totally honest...a true look inside the minds of soldiers and their loved ones. I LOVED IT :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
beautiful story

My husband of 9 years is deployed to Iraq right now. I came to this site to try and get ideas because he wrote me a rather naughty letter I received yesterday. I wanted to return the favor but am not too sure of how to go about putting to paper what I dream of every night. This story was beautiful and sweet. I hated the ending, but loved it too. Does that make any sense?? Anyways, nice job.

Mariann

Adrasteia_Adrasteia_about 16 years ago
Wow!

This was such a beautiful story! So real... It made me cry when she sees him in the living room. I also hated the end but sadly this is quite true also...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Amazing

My husband is currently in Iraq and this story was sad but beautiful. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Warning, please.

Please place a warning on the top of this story... my husband is gone in the army and this made me feel terrible at the end. Well written, but not what I was looking to feel right now. It's going to be a long day. :(

sqheadgermansqheadgermanabout 11 years ago
More

We, your readers want more of your stories. I am now over 70 yrs. young, old what ever TSgt Thomas Neumayr USAF Retired

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago

Loved it and hated the ending! You brought a tear to my eye! As a retired member of the Air Force it hit close to home. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Uh!

The 101st Airborne is not a platoon. It is a division.

TyridTyridover 3 years ago
Warning would be nice.

Love the story. Wonderful and well written. However as an Army wife myself the ending was really hard to read. I love the beginning extremely relatable but the ending had me bawling.

Ramjet57Ramjet57about 2 years ago

Story was great, until the end. That was crushing. I'm a Desert Storm career enlisted Veteran.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

sad, touching, lovely. too bad so many lives destroyed by war

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

that is very hard.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous