All Comments on 'Artiface of Strength Ch. 06'

by SisterRobin

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Hethen129Hethen129over 8 years ago
Great story

But this chapter felt really rushed. So much happened that could have been fleshed out. Can't wait for the next chapter

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 8 years ago
Maybe

A bit rush-y, but life doesn't always give you plenty of time to sort things out. Sometimes it comes at yah quick, and you either handle it, or don't.

SisterRobinSisterRobinover 8 years agoAuthor
Comments!

I always welcome feedback, good or bad, and thus far, I haven't really answered any, but I think this one deserves an answer.

I love Were stories. They are, by far, my favourite type of story here. But... A couple of things have always amused/bothered me. In most stories, the shifters desperately await their mate, and the mate bond is always described as irresistible... And yet...the stories are filled with wolves who deny this reality. Crazy, power-mad ex girlfriends, Alphas wanting to force matings, mates that run... And I know that most Were stories are primarily sexed-up romances, but still. Geez. It seems like none of these characters actually believe in the bonds that all of their parents shared. Drives me crazy, especially when you consider how regimented most packs are described as being.

I wanted to write a novel that showed wolves to be a bit more sensible, as well as blowing up a few tropes along the way. (How many stories have the hero as being a female human?).

Obviously, I want everyone to love it, but sensibly, I understand that this won't ever happen. I thank you all for reading, and always, feel free to tell me what you do or don't like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome!

Really enjoying this story... I was so happy to see a new chapter! Can't wait to see how big of a baddie Waters ends up being, and how spectacularly the pack beats him down!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 8 years ago
Way too rushed.

I was looking forward to the reveal and the mating and you sped through them in a couple of sentences. Will is also adjusting way too easily. It's unrealistic.

And crass. This bitch puts out? Unnecessary. Flo is like a completely different person and I don't like the change.

aforrestxaforrestxover 8 years ago
Outstanding!

Please continue. I can't wait to read more!

fatman1555fatman1555over 8 years ago
One Star

I had to give this chapter only one star - everything was completely and utterly off from the rest of the story and it made it almost unbearable to try to read.

I would strongly suggest that you completely redo this chapter and submit it as two or even three chapters with a slower pace and more details and feeling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ummm - about the author’s comments about werewolf story patterns - I’m gonna have to agree with her. Almost EVERY single werewolf story I’m familiar with (all from Literotica since I don’t watch that stupid TV shit) have a female human protagonist mating with an alpha). I understand why that’s so easy to do. A few authors have female were’s as the protagonist. So perhaps she’s right on her quest to be more realistic. Unfortunately, the author may have missed the fact that going straight for the realization of the truth KILLS the romance because romance ALWAYS involves at least one participant dancing around the truth (usually both although were stories usually involve only the human doing the dancing since the wolf feels the mating call. So decent plot with absolutely no romance here. But I gave 5 anyways because the author obviously says “fuck a bunch of dancing, let’s just have a quickie and get on with our business.”

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous