All Comments on 'The Dawning of a New Life'

by TexasFarmBoy

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Reindeer58Reindeer58over 8 years ago
Good story

But the dialog is awful. Very stilted. Say it aloud as you write it. People don't usually speak in complete sentences during conversation. 5*

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
Pushing ALLL the Buttons!

TFB, an enjoyable frolicking rollicking, modern fairytail . Sure the dialogue is a little stilted but you wrote this in the stylism of a script. And I think you did a damn clever job of it.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 8 years ago
OK

First part of the story was fine but the complete story was nowhere near your usual quality. Pierce comes across as an indecisive wimp. I just cannot get into stories where the protagonist comes across like Pierce does. His character and personality ruined what could have been an exceptional story.

john1946john1946over 8 years ago
Fun Read

It had a few weaknesses, but overall, a fun read. Thats what counts for me. And a great ending for all. Not all nice guy finish last.

gulshannraygulshannrayover 8 years ago
The Dawning of a new Life

I REALLY ENJOYED THE WHOLE STORY BUT PARTICULARLY THE ENDING WITH THE PASSIONATE UNDERSTANDING AND ACCOMMODATION DAWN HAS EXTENDED TO FAITH. HOPE TO SEE MORE OF SUCH WONDERFUL STORIES FROM THE AUTHOR.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
It started out going in one direction

then started shifting in so many different ways I was never sure what was happening. He was the wounded husband upset that his wife was cheating. Minutes later he was on the plane holding hands with a married woman he has met casually and they are on their way to dinner, dancing, and bed. Followed by the family group scene in the swimming pool. And when they get "home" they have a 3 in a bed with house maid relationship while they try to figure it all out.

huh?

One thing for sure, it is not a typical Romance story. Group? Incest? Poly? LW? Any of them would be more appropriate.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Ok but

This story just became more and more unbelievable and outrageous as it progressed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Unreal

I know that reading in Literotica puts you in a world of make believe, but this story, although well written is about people who don't even fit in a good fairy tale. Pierce is trying to figure out how he can be with Dawn while he's making a deal with Faith. Dawn is the wife of Faith's lover (and we don't find that out until almost the end). And Faith turns out to be as screwed up as you can be and we never had a clue. Dawn works for the same company as Pierce (and he doesn't know that?) and is the big boss's daughter. It barely rated 2*. I wasted my time on this, which, of course, is my fault not yours. I won't repeat with any of your other stories.

acupacupover 8 years ago
Okay but...

It seems eerily familiar like I've read it before but in a much better story line.

The basic story was there but this was too exact and clunky, giving the feeling it was written by a non native English speaker.

oldwayneoldwayneover 8 years ago
It was a bit more idyllic than reality might permit, but I still liked it.

Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

5 stars for the effort & unusual ending

over done on some plot elements ..it was obvious from early on that Dawn was top exec at the company Pierce worked for .. David & Amy provided an unexpected twist to the story . and the way the story ended was a total surprise .

i wondered wether those plot elements were added so as to make up for the total lack of surprise in the other parts of the story ...

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 8 years ago
Just like a well maintained machine...

Your stories just run on and on and on. Pretty much loaded with way too much superflous information that seldom means shit to the story, adding nothing except meaningless words.

If your farming is like your stories, you will never get a crop to market.

Thus far, it appears that all your endings suck as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
i liked the story and the authors writing style

BUT the SICK threesome crap is NOT and never has ended up in anything except split hurt lives. there is ZERO LOVE in this story just lust. apparently the author has NEVER known true love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
really kind of dumb

Too many things about this don't make any sense to begin to list them all. To name one: it sure looks like Dawn's and Ben's relationship, and Dawn's position, are all supposed to come as a big surprise. They don't.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
AN AQUARIUS IN TEXAS

where the stars are big and bright. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Was really good romance until...

It really went off the rails with the brother/sisinlaw, and completely gone when he not only wasn't mad at his wife for creating but then has a poly 3 some with his new woman. NOT a romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I laugh at so many comments

I read Literotica for the stories, for amusement, for insight, for education and also to read the outrage in the comments, also for amusement, insight and education. So much of what is written is covered by the commenters experience, prejudices and feelings and wanting others stories to mirror themselves. Such crap from self absorbed twits who can only see things from one perspective and "truth". (And I'm not going to comment on US Politics although I can also see the analogies! ;)

I just came across TexasFarmBoy's stories a few days ago and have read multiple stories so far. I've enjoyed them all. Are they realistic? Hell no! They are STORIES, fiction written to entertain me (and others) in the style of the writer. He (or she, don't know, don't know if I'd believe it unless I met the author in person and that won't likely happen so whatever…) writes well although there are a few errors in grammar or sentence structure here and there. Oh well. Experience, more experience and a good editor can fix those things up.

I've added the writer to my bookmarks of favourite authors that I go back to frequently to see if new stories have been written. I enjoy continuing series and have several that I follow. Keep up the writing TexasFarmBoy and thank you for your stories.

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

ojalalalaojalalalaover 4 years ago
"Romance"? ...

This author and I are not like-minded on the content of this category, so I will read someone else's offering when what I want is a romance story. This story though does have romantic elements and all worked in a positive way to burn the predator and support the victims.

I like to feel better at the finish for having read to the end of a story even when I find the situation agonizing. I'm 2-1-1, including this draw -- that's better than I can write, and the two winners were thought-provoking. I've read a couple of this author's stories in other categories and have enjoyed them and am about to try another of his in this category. I will stop if it isn't giving me that rosy worldview and blue prince that I'm in the mood for (Spanish lit color references).

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Interesting. That’s about all I can say about it, it’s interesting.

BigDee44BigDee44almost 3 years ago

It is a nice fantasy and nobody got hurt badly. Entertaining.

RalphTheRedNinjaRalphTheRedNinjaabout 2 years ago

This is one absurd piece of work.

I just wish I could have stopped reading before I got to the end, but you know what they say about train wrecks.

stewartbstewartbabout 2 years ago

To good to be true ... and the Fairy Godmother was let loose in the Loving Wife's category.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 2 years ago

I am sorry but this left a very sour taste in my mouth. First the stalking and airplane set up. The wife's fear of being alone, Just the whole thing was had no feeling in it.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Definitely not my favorite story by this author, but not bad. Just not his usual great stuff. 4 stars. Specific criticisms:

1. No payback to the a$$hole. It's possibly implied that he did not make out great in divorce, but no direct evidence, nor is there any revenge on his preying on women.

2. Reconciliation with the wife. It's less annoying that in most RAAC stories, but still meh and she seems like she escaped with zero punishment. Heck, she's rewarded with exciting sex life :(

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous