All Comments on 'I'll Follow the Sun'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 475 Comments
firemanlitfiremanlitover 8 years ago

Boy, JPB is going to be pissed when he finds out MM wrote a story and used JPB's name.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I quit reading when Frank didn't press charges.

Throw in the fact that the daughter is under ZERO fucking obligation to tell her dad jack fucking squat when he decided to withhold information about her boyfriend cheating on her and all you have is a hypocritical douchebag of a father. It's ok for him to do it because he didn't want to ruin her future but she had better spill the cocksucking beans no matter how much it would kill her to do it?

He's a fucktard who doesn't deserve to be called a man.

openeyes2openeyes2over 8 years ago
Great story!

Really well done! A fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@ I Quit Reading

Your view is twisted 180, as in totally wrong. I was pissed at the end because he took her back. For that he is a dumb ass. He worked on his anger toward his daughter and realized he loved her unconditionally. Emily DID owe him the truth and she realized that. Everyone has their opinion but yours sucks.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 8 years ago
I'm glad to read a new HDK story!

Thanks for coming back to the new stories page once more. Great story and fun. No need for elaborate split second plans for bankrupting or maiming someone. Just a nice kick in the head will do! And in the end Jim got everything he ever wanted and then some. *****

rojete15rojete15over 8 years ago
Firemanlit seems a bit confused about where he is

Hahahaha

On the other hand, herewe have an obvious example of... Darn it I'm tired of writing, I'll stop now.

On yet another hand, and I'm running low on those, glad that HDK is writing again here, instead of that... Thing... He's been on for 2 years.

As usual, thank you for sharing!!

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 8 years ago
Damn! I hate this.

Why can't I give more than five stars?

I have often thought you should have one with this title, and this is classic HDK!

SpykkeSpykkeover 8 years ago
Good to see a new HDK tale

Great read as usual

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love your work!

Always good to see a new story from HDK!

Looking forward to the next chapter of Lady in Red...patiently.

C

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
Nice job!

Enjoyed your latest! Even though I am a LIR fan big time...still read anything else you give us.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
@ the first anon.

I guess you weren't paying attention.

He was going to tell his daughter about her cheating boyfriend UNTIL he found out that she didn't feel the need to tell him about his cheating wife.

After that did he really owe it to her?

If Frank did press charges this story could have been at least a couple of pages shorter.

Frank and Helen's cheating would have been exposed early enough that maybe they could have avoided all getting the clap too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not really good

What's the point of leaving them all behind and then letting them come after him?

This is a very shitty story, which is a crying shame, because it could have been a decent one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not Fun!

Clunky dialogue and doesn't make any sense from a man's point of view. Simply a RAAC story for the sake of it. Dumb idea

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THERE IS A SMALL PROBLEM ABOUT A WAKE UP CALL

you are supposed to wake up before you go to work/play. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
you had it good with daughter coming in, wife in is one woman to far

the wife was a stupid self centered slut, she even had Frank over to fuck when she was expecting her husband to arrive. Talking to her in Florida alone was over the wall, taking her into the apartment was beyond thinking, fucking her was absolutely RAAC beyond the pale. 1*, no one on earth is that stupid!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Too much disrespect for reconciliation

I gave the story a 4, but I felt that you wrote too much disrespect by Helen for Jim into the story for them to remain married.

gldngolfergldngolferover 8 years ago
Ok story didn't like the ending

Missed good chance in story when you didn't bring up boyfriend cheating n making it an example of how this is part of family loyalty. And then letting cheating spouse to live with him? You didn't finish story by having reconciliation or divorce just new status with Jim having lots of sex. Liked story, not ending.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
The ending...

This is a story about the feelings of different people: 1st - The cheated husband, his actions and reactions; 2nd - The cheating wife, selfish and sure she would never be caught, as all the cheaters feel; 3rd - The daughter caught in a crossfire trying to keep their parents married, but losing her respect for her mother each day a little more; 4th - The stud that fucked half the women that worked with him...As always @Harddaysknight went masterly through all those feelings...And he tried to give the story a funny ending to make it less dramatic...But all the previous events didn't go well with a funny ending...However a good reading and 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LIKED THE DIFFERENT ENDING!

I loved the ending. It was not the typical cliched ending that this site always seems to come up with. Some people like revenge on this site and some want blood. There is no blood here, but Jim has good control of his life and his wife; he has bloodless, unbelievable revenge, gets away with it continually, and enjoys his new lifestyle to the fullest.

5* all the way. The ending does it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love, loss, growth, redemption.

Not as god as the rest of the body of work but not bad. I think it is quite similar to "Goofy & my wife" but others can disagree.

I am not a BTB fan but it seems like Helen neither truly repented nor understood what she was doing once discovered. She felt bad because she was found out, not for doing it in the first place. It felt as if she recognized she did wrong but not why nor how it hurt him. Maybe I missed a paragraph.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Great Writing

I always love the writing. What I don't love is the ending. Why bother with Helen? She proved herself to be a low life. He had other women willing to fill in. He had a daughter, although not much of one, for family. Why bother with a traitorous wife? Why not just get a divorce? Love? Love is a choice, there are many people in the world to love. Some of them are worthy of being loved. Some, like Helen, are not worthy of a husband's love, or really any man's love. She is selfish to the point of destruction of herself, and the ones closest to her. She is a train wreck looking for a place to happen. Why put yourself in the middle of that? Irrational to the point of irritation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
welcome back

the story itself was ok, honestly though not one of your best. But who cares, its just good to have one of the truly great LW writers back ! I just hope that you'll be posting more stories now ! This category has seen some very lean times lately , its 95% Cuck stories now !

Ntropy586Ntropy586over 8 years ago
I expect better from you

Rule #1: You don't talk about Fight Club.

Oh, wait - wrong rule.

Simply put, if you're going to go for the surprise ending, then make sure that you lay the groundwork necessary for it to make sense to the reader when it finally happens. Doing so will leave the reader feeling that they missed a few clues, but that the author had left them out there to be found; anything less, and you're short-changing the reader (at best), with the possibility of having the reader feel like they've been cheated by the ending (at worst).

For 95% of the story, your protagonist (Jim) is following a path where reconciliation with his cheating spouse is not a realistic expectation, only to have him reconcile with her at the end. You don't really provide much in the way of rationale through the body of your story - Jim isn't conflicted in his desire to get the hell out of the relationship, he's not showing any interest in winning back his wife, and he's certainly not in a "forgive and forget" mindset.

In fact, he even goes so far as to explain to his daughter why, without trust, staying married to his wayward wife is impossible.

So what happened? Did you, as the author, decide that you wanted a happy ending? Whatever your rationale, you lost me the moment you pulled the quick-change; I had to go back and re-read the previous story arc to make sure I hadn't missed any clues, and when I realized that there were none up to that point, I was most definitely insulted that you couldn't be bothered to lay the groundwork for your protagonist's decision to make any sort of sense.

This story is, sorry to say, half-assed...and you would have been better off leaving this one unpublished.

One star, if only because I refuse to not vote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
RAAC

You have always been a RAAC writer and I knew when I started that would be the end. I have to agree that you laid no groundwork for a RAAC except he missed her so I suppose true love won but it did not match the characters. It was good not to have a cuck story so I gave this a 4*,

looking4itlooking4itover 8 years ago

Okay didn't like the way you ended it but the trip getting there wasn't bad. I liked the nuance of involving the daughter's knowledge. It wasn't in a way where she accepted it because she liked Frank better or he had money she could burn, but rather it was to put off an angry household and divorce while she would still be in the house...and to be honest, she might have kept the secret longer too. Kids don't like divorce and that made Emily a real character to me. Typical (more like stereotypical) arrogant LW wife where she compartmentalizes her infidelity into something she deserves and her super-intelligence will help her keep it secret. Her arrogance, as with so many others like her, can't imagine her lover needing more than the extra he gets from her. No divorce, huh? That doesn't match you character's new found sense of self.

tfnnjtfnnjover 8 years ago
A VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE

What a great surprise to see a new short story from you. I have read all your work, most of it more than once. Although I may not have loved the ending I did enjoy it and hope you keep favoring us with some of your short stories now and again. Actually, more now than then.

Keep up the great work, you are by far one the best that posts here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I gave it 5 stars...

...It was a well told story, with a happy ending for the hero but not one for the cheating wife. It's not necessary to burn the bitch if she sucking your dick and you’re getting side action. Please keep writing you’re a favorite of the Panther Fan.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

“learning that his daughter knew about it and accepted it totally crushed him.” – She doesn’t exactly ACCEPT it, her remarks to her mother show that she DOESN’T! She’s just afraid that if she says anything her parents will divorce, and she doesn’t want that.

She’s got one Hell of a nerve being pissed off at him knowing what SHE is doing!

She expects her DAUGHTER to show shame?! Why, she certainly didn’t learn it from her!

"I haven't done anything to piss him off,” – You’re a bright girl, if he’s figured out about your mother and Frank, maybe (as we know he has!) he’s figured out that you know about it!

“You and your mother know my problems. I'm sure of that," responded Jim dejectedly. "Just tell your mother I've settled in and to not worry about me, if that was even a possibility." – If she thinks about what he said, she should be able to figure it out.

It’s easy to forgive Emily knowing that she DIDN’T approve of her mother cheating, and was just afraid of them divorcing, even if her concern was misplaced.

“I always knew that, but I told myself that you'd never know." – Again, why do they always think it’s okay as long as he doesn’t know? Would she think it was okay to steal from her job as long as they never knew?

I wouldn’t be that concerned about her feelings. Maybe I wouldn’t bring the women home, but I wouldn’t be shy about “visiting” some of my lady friends!

He should get a divorce already, he's being much too forgiving, I at least hope he really IS still banging the other women!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
RAAC?

For those deriding this as RAAC, while it is somewhat unclear it at least SEEMS that he is continuing to screw the other women, while his wife is monogamous.

That doesn't seem exactly RAAC to me!

C_frommnC_frommnover 8 years ago
Great Story

Like the way Jim took care of Asshole Frank not Once but Twice.

Then to find a Building full of Women to help his Eagle . I also liked the fact that he and his Daughter made up. it would be tougher to get over things w/o the Daughter. Now he has the Wife counting condoms and sleeping in the Twin bed. And worrying about his Lady friends knowing the Color of his sheets.

sinothetimessinothetimesover 8 years ago
It's All Too Much!

I generally like the whimsical writing style of Harddaysknight and it was exciting to see a new one pop up after so long but unfortunately the whimsy doesn’t work for me with the vile behaviour of the wife in this story. It is one thing to have a discreet affair on the side but to insinuate a lover into family life and enroll the daughter into maintaining the deception is behaviour too revolting ever to be pardoned and so massively disrespectful that it simply stretches credulity too far to believe that the wife actually loves her husband. Helen herself seems to be cloned from the moronic carbon copy female ego-monsters with which Stangstar populates his stories. The actions of the wronged husband were weirdly inconsistent. If ever a situation called for violent confrontation followed by swift and permanent divorce this did. The lover Jim was a cardboard cut out. As for taking the wife back at the end and having her compete with a string of lovers... As if! Also why? They suddenly realize they love and respect him now he's living somewhere nice. That also reminds me of someone on here but I can’t remember who. And then it just stops, as though he got bored. The whole thing seems oddly derivative and I think I’m just going to assume that Harddaysknight is simply having a laugh or keeping his hand in by patching together a few of the cliché situations some of the other writers use. Pity though.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Good to see you back on LW

I have to admit I see no reason to call this reconciliation. He has a fine available body that some time is substituted by others but he no longer feels love for her or trusts her.

She was amazingly dumb about what motivated her husband to down Frank on Thanksgiving. Basically I would say shades of JPB and Stang here.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 8 years ago
Fun

Read...welcome back

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
Return of a ding king

I almost remember hall of fame author who had much the same farcical, profound style as this newbie author harddaysnight. But this can't be him. That HDK self-exiled to Loving Wives sidelines nattering in comment section, often implying that he knew and could write 'better'. Oh wait - that is the actual HDK?

Never mind. Full marks for farce. Now if only there could be news of lost trove of Benny Hill shows coming to DVD. *****

amyyumamyyumover 8 years ago
You've done it again HDK

another great story. Even though clearly a 5 there is no way in hell that if I were in Jim's position given the lack of respect that Helen had showed him that I'd let her live with me -- just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
RAAC

Ok, so I am stupid. Can someone tell me what raac stands fo please

nonethewisernonethewiserover 8 years ago
RAAC

Reconciliation at all costs

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damn, what a great 3/4 of a story!

Of course, the final 1/4 was absolute trash, just like HDK has always brought. I hate to love, or perhaps love to hate his stories, after his protagonist is shit on, kicked, pissed on and you know in the end, although you hope against hope, he's going to take the cheating slut back and say thank you, more please!

So you keep writing your cum guzzling cuckold stories where the man magically forgives the slut/whore after she somehow comes to her senses and says, "oh honey, I don't know what I was thinking, can't you please forgive me?" At which point our protagonist will drop to his knees and clean her out.

You keep writing them and I'll keep reading them, complaining every step of the way! I've read them all!

MadBrownMadBrownover 8 years ago
HDK?

Story is too contrived and doesn't flow as smoothly as previous HDK stories. Ghostwriter maybe? However I must admit the story is a welcome boost to the LW/cheating wife genre.

Benedict12Benedict12over 8 years ago
Reconciliation Achieved Too Easily?

I am delighted that one of my favorite authors is again posting on this site. I hope this just the start of a renewed creative effort. My problem with this latest tale relates to the comparative ease with which Jim allows Hellen back in his life. My personal taste runs to reconciliation but only after the characters have fully confronted the emotional devastation caused by the infedelity . By way of example I would point to Ohio's Silence or the Bet or Visiting Richard Gronier.Both involve forgiveness achieved after a painful exercise of soul searching and genuine contrition by the unfaithful spouse. I am not sure either condition is present here. Hellen's activity goes beyond mere infedelity. She co opts her own daughter in her betrayal and displays stunning contempt for her husband by twice including her lover in social occasions in his home.Moreover she only makes a significant effort at reconciliation after discovering that he is living in a warm climate. Harddaysnight has written one of my favorite reconciliation stories-Within You,Without you but even there I thought the husband's forgiveness of his wife's affair was too easily given. Ultimately he was able to persuade there but regrettably he comes up short in this instance. Hellen should have been kicked to the curb and forgotten.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
loved it

for three pages and then you turned into matt moreau and i threw up.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 8 years ago
Agree with the earlier comments

Great for 3/4. Terribly weak ending.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 8 years ago
Not your usual style...

...and a rather weak ending. Taking Helen back, forgiving her after all that had happened does not suit well with the description of his "personality" (actually: He has no personality - he was just running).

I didn´t expect this turn at the end. Nevertheless: All in all a nicely told story and fun reading it.

mewanglongmewanglongover 8 years ago
WFT!!!!

Three and a half pages of great writing, then she shows and everything is peachy keen. Bad ending. I have read ALL your stories and this one is weak. You just gave up and mailed it in.

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
Real close to a 5!

Maybe shoulda given the five, was a great return of a popular PA domiciled writer. You gave us the complete story of the cheating and betrayal in the first page, so complete I thought what is left but the dissolution process, but the next two pages continued the taut drama so much that I had the heart in my throat feeling. I dont get that very often these days in LW, but was truly a masterpiece of tension and efficient writing. Nothing too flowery or overly descriptive to get bogged down in.

I was thinking that the only thing missing was the HDK characteristic humor, but that revealed itself when the pool ladies were commenting about the interior decorating of Jiims room. A true LOL.

Now you didnt really finish it, but its enough of a finish to suffice. Well done my man, well done. I save your story for last today as based on some of your recent postings I felt I would be disappointed-NOT!

Thx and look forward to more.

Big BuddyBig Buddyover 8 years ago
Whaaattt????

Great story with a really crappy ending. Did you lose interest in you characters?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well THAT was unsatisfying

After going through all he goes thru, he just lets her move back in with him and does nothing? I guess screwing the other women isn't nothing, but I wasn't sure he was really doing that. Was he just removing condoms, telling the other women about the changes in his Condo and using that to get some revenge on Helen? What bothered me the most is that this story wasn't finished. How hard would it have been to either get them back together or divorced? Unfinished stories are just a pain!

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
Very

interesting start. Couldn't believe the author chose to end with what appears to be RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It's hard to believe that HDK wrote this!

I can't even agree with some of the others that said the first 3 pages were good. I have always considered HDK one of the better writers on Lit, but this was terrible. The dialogue was extremely stiff and without any emotion, especially the daughter's.

I thought the plot was also bad. Okay, he didn't confront them in front of the motel but his wife brings her lover home during a holiday, Jim decks him and THEN says nothing? Just walks out letting everyone think he's an asshole? No way!

I was debating between 2 stars and 3. Since HDK is normally a good writer, there was a disappointment factor here. I was expecting a good story and didn't get it. I tried to take that emotion out of the equation and scored it as if it was written by someone I didn't know. I gave it a 3 but I still think that's a stretch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The wife and daughter must be morons

A normal human being would have known right away that Jim knew about the affair when he started acting strange. And since that's a major point in the plot, it ruins the whole story. 2 stars.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
I hate the beatles but gave you a 5 for a good

story and to say fuck you in the eyes dear annony!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 8 years ago
Kids and parents

I would never blame a child, especially a dependent child, for not telling one parent about the others infidelity. Not their job. They can't afford the blow back.

I'm appalled that the mother is so casual and open about Frank with her daughter. Of course it's just a story.

Oh well, just my thoughts on things

Chilley

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Liked it til the end

OK, rekindling the relationship with daughter was good; she was young and stupid. But allowing the wife back into his life, the man is just one dumb fuck!!

BDEarth

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
HDK was enviouse to SS06

Stangstar06 has similar stupid wife characters as Helen was. After equalization (Susan) reconciliation story. I prefer the wife change stories..........

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
Another 5* story from a master storyteller.

It didn't end quite how I thought it would, but it worked well, especially with Jim messing with her mind!

JounarJounarover 8 years ago

Weak assed ending. If your going to go the reconciliation route, at least put a bit of effort into it. This feels like the author got bored of his own story. How sad.

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
What the...

First, HDK hasn't gone anywhere. He's been composing a rash of chapters about some lady in red.

Second, it started with the most classic of infidelity discoveries, "I saw her car..."

Third, reconciliation is not a dirty word. Jim and Helen might be reconciled, but there's a whole new paradigm. Helen's a lucky girl. Jim's in the driver's seat.

Last, no it's not nearly as good as some of his stuff, but a lousy HDK beats 98% of the rest of the crap in the genre now. Everybody has a favorite HDK. It's tough to choose. I like "If I Fell", "Carry That Weight", and "Yesterday", but there are ten more that are just as great.

This is a five. That's a no brainer!

OK HDK! Let's see a couple more!

Jedd Clampett

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
Oops I forgot...

I'd really appreciate it if you looked over some of my stuff. You did at the start, but I was too thinned skinned. I've grown up a lot since then.

Jedd Clampett

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsover 8 years ago
Chuckling at your return...

..and screw comments, I just enjoy your stuff so keep it coming in whatever fashion amuses you. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Gross

So he hooks back up with his cheap slut diseased wife and actually has the balls to blame his kid for not babysitting his wife for him. For such a manly guy he seems awfully stupid and flaccid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow

That sucked.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 8 years ago
Great to have a new HDK story!

I liked the part with the stairway. Ending was not a surprise, but the journey to get there was interesting. Thank you HDK.

HcopHcopover 8 years ago
HDK is back...

... His mumblings in his sleep, make a much better story than 99% of the stories that appear nowadays in LW. So, welcome back...

hnau0022hnau0022over 8 years ago
Welcome Back

I know you've added some stories to your saga but I'm glad you're back with a story thats fun and easy to read. The majority of us don't want to read a durn novel, we just like a quick or medium read that starts and ends. Glad you did this one and I hope you'll do more. Maybe use some Bob Seger song titles.

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 8 years ago
Five stars

I almost gave it less because I did not feel his wife truly understood nor acknowledged the evil, the betrayal and the damage that she brought to her husband and her family. As I thought about it I realized that she was maybe too stupid to get to such a revelation. After reflection I got that Jim and the dynamics of their marriage had been permanently changed enough by her actions that the only relationship that she may ever have with him now is this one where he owes her nothing ( not even the full truth about things) and she must accept, if she wants to live with him, he will always now control the situation. (Sex, love, emotions and time) HDK actually wrote a much deeper (with humor) story than many are giving him credit for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
am i reading the same story as the rest of you?

Where did the reconciliation happen? He may not have filed but she is basically a booty call when he wants. I didn't read love, exclusivity, or anything like that in the last part. at best, he is demonstrating what she lost (will lose?) when she cheated. now she is competing with the others in the condo with no leash to speak of. Can you imagine what would happen if she started putting down demands? I don't count that borderline begging at the end. She would be out of the condo so fast her head would spin and she knows it. That is the ongoing punishment she chose for herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Welcome back

But this story u wrote just didnot do anything for me. Helen never earned a second chance. Why even bother taking her back. She was so distrispectfull to him. What a piece of shit. And now she's back? Why.

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
HDK

Welcome back with this five star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not bad, just not very good.

After two flat tires in a row, through intentional acts, it never occurred to Helen or Frank that someone was on to them?

His whole family, including his own parents, really thought he would assault Frank because of the shirt he was wearing? And again, neither Frank, Helen, nor his daughter started to connect the dots?

Then the nature of the injury at Christmas was assigned to a fall down stairs, really?

And of course his failure to discern his wife and daughter's change in mood, behavior, and relationship toward him was never noticed before the motel discovery?

So all those failures of logic detract from the story. And you never did have him ask and her answer The Question: Why? Sorry, but lust in a woman almost never explains cheating. Its a symptom, not the cause. You skipped the main issue that drives infidelity in women. Why?

The ending is OK, in that the wife is trying to fuck her way back to marital happiness, when it was fucking that broke her marriage. It might work, but who cares? The husband is happy, the daughter is happy. Fuck the wife. Oh, he is, among others! Sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Finish?

How about a real finish to a pretty good story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very Good

Glad you're back to your usual style, that lady in Red shit got old fast.

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
giving 2nd chances

I can't believe Helen is getting a second chance. When I caught my ex screwing around, I would not have screwed her with some one else's dick much my own. I hate cheating bitches more than anything else in the world !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
4 Stars

Would have been 5 if you had finished the story. BTB!!!!

green117green117over 8 years ago
Humm... the author seems to lack gruntledness...

Anywho - no happy smiling face of the author behind this one... a BTB tale with barely a giggle.

As for reconciliation - there is none. The author sets up the spec earlier - "Emily, your mom and I had a deal. We were partners. Partners have to be honest with each other. They have to trust each other. I don't trust her anymore," He is jerking her around, and she knows who and what she is: "Jim, you don't need those sluts in your bed," whined Helen that night. "I'll give you all the sex you want. I've been keeping you satisfied, haven't I?"... so she's all the slut he needs? His response: "Absolutely!" replied Jim. "I'd never have anything to do with any of those women ever again." is clearly cynical and not believed by Helen...

So... tell you what, HDK... if you tell me you have finished the "Red" story, I'll read it as something like an autobiography, with artistic license. Hopefully that will increase your gruntledness.

Green-something

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
@green117 Please don't dis

the author's gruntledness

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 8 years ago
I don't understand

why some are calling this story RAAC. This is a shift of control story. HDK excels in shift of power in a marriage stories. He did not take her back with no consequences. He had a daughter that was there. He had to show compassion for the mother of his child. So he fucks her alot. That was surely not a promise of monogamy on his part. He just allowed her to sleep in his house because he liked fucking her, and she had no where else to go. He clearly had a bowl of condoms and DID NOT try to hide them from her. She in the end did recognize her mistakes, a little too late, but she finally got it. This is classic HDK. I love it. Most HDK stories are not about RAAC, WAAC, or BTB. They are an understanding about when the husband is jostled out of his dreamy lovey dovey state and forced too look at reality. So a momentous shift of power in the marriage occurs! Don't take the attributes of the story so literally. This is an allegory, or teaching device. It shows that the average male is truly king of his castle when pushed, no matter how loudly the bitch complains. The man is usually too patient, but under extraordinary circumstances he will prevail. HDK is master of the UNDERDOG!!! * * * * *

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopover 8 years ago
Interesting tale

I actually liked your story. When I started it I wasn't sure, but there is something about it. I'm going to read a few of your other stories. xoxoxoxo Annette

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
Hello Again

Like Mr. Anonymous said, it's great to see you back to your old style. And, yes, Lady in Red got old really fast.

I even like reading your critics. If they can vote, Trump's a shoo-in.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 8 years ago
5 star

Gotta smile, our hero winds up in a den of horn widows... there is a God Charlie Brown!

coffeekid63coffeekid63over 8 years ago
Always enjoy your stuff

Always enjoy your stuff, keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Emily was the sharpest tack in the box

I wish I could introduce her to my son; she'd straighten out his philosophical ass in a heart beat! Thanks again for submitting your work to this site!!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Nice story that went to hell......

It was a nice story...right up to when he suddenly got stupid and let the cheating slut back into his life. Once a cheating slut always a cheating slut! She will screw him over again, and again and yet again if he doesn't get rid of her skanky cheating slut ass. Other than that it was a well written story and I enjoyed it until as I said he developed a terminal case of the stupids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great story

thanks for writing this story and lady in red,which is the best story on this site.good writers on this site are hard too come bye.lady in red will never get old.no rep in white house in near future.they hate everybody.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
She really isn't that smart, is she?

Did she never consider HE might be throwing off her count of the condoms? That is what immediately leaped to mind.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
the ending did not fit

after hearing what she said

seeing what she did

again

and settling in to a new home

there was no reason to allow her to move in

no she wasn't in his bedroom unless invited

but he had already moved on

her presence disrupted his ability to have a new, happy, drama free life.

and sharing the guest bedroom was unfair to Emily

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 8 years ago
Below average characters

and below average story for you, HDK.

not comedic enough to be treated as such, either.... so just 2 stars.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 8 years ago
HE'S BACK!!!...

... and ALMOST better than ever. Didn't exactly stick the landing with that ending but, hey, a slightly flawed story by the great Harddaysknight is still better than 99% of the submissions to this category lately.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 8 years agoAuthor
A simple thank you.

I don't have time to write to each commenter, other than anonymous. I write for different reasons than I did when I began. I am trying to stretch the usual BTB and RAAC stories, to alter them in some way. Many of us "authors" can write the straight line cheating story where the wife is divorced and miserable, the husband marries her sister, his secretary, or the lady next door, and the boyfriend is castrated and broke.

Some commenters saw exactly what I was attempting with this story, some did not. Is it the reader or the writer that is at fault when the reader sees something other than what the writer intended? Was it too vague? Are human experiences and emotions too varied to have a story lead all readers to the same conclusion? Regardless, I allow voting and comments, but comments have become my favorite barometer of a story. Did it stir up some emotions? I appreciate those of you that took the time to read and to comment, regardless of how well or poorly you felt it was written. Us writers need readers. It's a symbiotic relationship.

I do wonder why a few readers always feel the need to demean or insult the writer. Fagdaysknight? That's supposed to hurt? If you want to hurt a writer, ignore him. That's the real fear most of us veterans have. Poorly written Insults from some caveman with a PC will hardly dent the esteem of a mature writer. Not being read will get the writer's attention. I wondered if I should disclose this fact, but then I realized it won't matter, as the clever readers already know it and the less than clever won't believe it. Thanks to everyone that read the story and especially to those that took the time to comment. It's all I ask.

Benedict12Benedict12over 8 years ago
Second Thoughts

After reading this story a second time and considering the comments of some of the other commentators I have concluded that my previous evaluation was flat out wrong. This is not,as I mistakenly suggested,a flawed reconciliation tale but rather a subtle power shift/punishment story. In that regard it is similar to HDK'S brilliant Carry That Weight. The comments of Starmanfive recognized what I simply missed. I apologize to HDK for failing to appreciate his artistry.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
HDK

Green-something said it best in my story "The Forgotten Woman"

Quote:

"However, people will project their world view on a story. And once you put a story in the public domain, is it still your story? A problem that - but I think that you might be able to resolve it if the commentariat realized that they were writing a story in their own heads, and not blame the author for their particular interpretation.

Revenge is a bomb - you no longer have control over the situation once it goes off. Who then is responsible for the outcomes?

Writing is also a bomb - you no longer have control over the interpretation once you publish it. Who then is responsible for the reception?

A little bit of civilized manners goes a long way, even in stressful situations and on the internet."

**

As a reader, I see the story as I see the story (see Slirpuff's latest). The cheating couples did not redeem themselves by not screwing.

But as a writer, I am sympathetic to when folks just don't see things that we plainly write down.

It is a different tale. The wife did a bad thing. She is still not a terrorist or a serial killer. She MAY be worth spending some time with. But the primary driver of the relationship has changed.

You do these type of stories well. However, the fact your heroes do not immediately throw acid in their cheating wives faces or divorce them penniless makes them itchy.

They like their morals like they like their sex: Missionary! SPANISH Missionary (And what the hell was that Jesus dude going on about forgiveness? You can tell he had never been married! ; ) )

The guy seemed kind of passive and the ending needed a bit more closure, but I certainly enjoyed the story. It needed more conflict, though the beatings were an improvement.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 8 years ago
HDK

I have a thought about your comment on readers not seeing the point you intended to make. It's not your fault, nor theirs. Each of us perceive things differently and those perceptions can color the meaning of our work. This was a good story. I'm glad Frank got his come uppance and wish Helen's had been a bit harsher. I'm glad she only has a place in the line. Five stars from me.

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
"Shot thru the heart and your to blame. You give love a bad name".

For a good part of the story I thought Jim was making some mistakes, that would be to many details. I do think you stuck the ending, the comment from Jim's friends on the color of the sheets, priceless. Jimmmy hats ( the name fits), were missing? Right?

In the best of both worlds, Helen will get her own apartment.

Its good to be the King.

likeboblikebobover 8 years ago

not much emotion in this one. given jim's treatment, this should have been a "btb" story.

Sawdusty1Sawdusty1over 8 years ago
Deadly -

Great Story - Great Read but the whole thing turned different when Helen appeared at the door. I would have super-glued her ass cheeks together and one nipple to her chin. The story leaves you hanging like - they might get back together??????

She would be in Michigan looking for me in 8 feet of snow with the temp -40.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 8 years ago
Pretty good but . . . .

Lots of comments -- 98 so far. The story struggled a bit and was repetitive at times, but the main reason I give 4 rather than 5 stars was the ending. I don't believe the character development was such that hubby would take the slut back. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Average Literotica reader is too dumb to call this story a RAAC.

It is clearly a punishment story.The condoms clearly shows some type of control over Helen.He turned Helen an "Ex-Wife with Benefits", even still married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lukewarm

i was pleased to see you writing again (sorry but I find the whole red dress series kind of tedious.) Anyway, this was a good story, it just never came to a boil, didn't quite gel for me. Still, a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
SUCKED

This SUCKED!!!!!! Should have been a BTB!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Running Husband story

Classic running husband story. Not only JPB is who likes the story end open HDK also likes his story end left for the readers. The wife moved to Florida too so the possibiliy divorce will not touch strongly the daughter mother connection in the future. If they divorced the too many lonely women effect could help the ex wife to maintain a mathematical hope for reconciliation. The ex husband will be difficult to find his next mate in such situation.The wife is the nowdays SS06 dumb and stupid wife type who invites her lover to be guest. I think this is so rude that it alone the "Cassus Beli" for a divorce mainly the daughter is soon 18 years old.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7122 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...