All Comments on 'The Yule Log'

by artisticbiguy

Sort by:
  • 96 Comments
sandd_boundsandd_boundabout 18 years ago
...and i shuddered into a million pieces...

...upon completing this write.

thank you - scotchbound (sandd_bound here on lit.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
One of my faves

You are one of my favourite writers. I really enjoyed this story. The slow unconscious seduction is so much more satisfying that the jump into bed quick variety; I like the mix of emotion with sex. And the love scene is nicely erotic and satisfying. I've enjoyed all your stories and hope you keep writing. Thank you for posting this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
What a pleasure to read

Thank you for writing a story with real characters in an actual love story. What a pleasant change from the tabnslot that passes for 'erotica' and is actually just (boring) porn. I will make sure to tell my friends about your work. Thank you for sharing with us.

dragonweaverdragonweaveralmost 18 years ago
Beautiful Story!

This is quite a beautiful story, thank you for the tenderness you portray in your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
the yule log

mike came to visit me i did not know he was gay but after reading this we had the best sex ever

spiceholmesspiceholmesover 17 years ago
Lovely story

This is a really beutiful Christmas story,me and my boyfriend love it, keep it up...I think your doing great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Amazing!

This was Beautiful, a True Story, True Litriture.

It is hard to find work so Amazingly well built, With well developed characters too!

This was a Treat to read, Thankyou and do more please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
oh WOW

i have never left a comment before but this story was so incredibly beautiful! i can't wait to read your other ones. it was also very arousing. i was as wildly inlove with Jesse and Kevin as they were with each other. well done!

Lady_BlackhawkLady_Blackhawkabout 17 years ago
I agree......

With sandd_bound, I also shattered into a million pieces. This story is hands down my FAVORITE on this whole site. I love it. It was so good I cried. I have read and re-read a more than a few times. Keep up the great work!!!

*L_B*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Awwwww...

Awww... I loved it...

adetaildivaadetaildivaabout 17 years ago
FANTASTIC

I absolutely loved this! I got totally involved in the characters & the story. When they finally got together I heaved a sigh of relief. So when's the next story gonna be posted?!? I'm a big fan of your writing so please post another!!

colonelmeerkatcolonelmeerkatover 16 years ago
wow

When I came across this story I was just looking for a quick "stroke story", but I started reading it and I'm SO glad I did - it's beautiful. Wonderful characters and story and so erotic! As a bisexual woman, I found it highly arousing. Just lovely.

KeyboardmanKeyboardmanover 16 years ago
A Beautiful Senitmental Thrill

I wsan't sure what to expect, I almost didn't read this. So glad I did. It's elegance and charm, style and grace, heat and pleasure made me fall in love. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
The Yule Log...

...was unbelievable. Thank you for taking me on such a journey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

What an incredibly beautiful love story. I loved every word of it. --Phil

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Sweet

That was probably the sweetest story I have ever read. I loved it so much. I can't wait for other stories :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Awesome is the word

Man, I started reading this and for couple of pages was like, ok, when will the action start. Boy oh boy, this is freaking awesome and I am not even GAY.

Great build up (could have been a bit short) but amazing finish. Will look forward to more submissions (:P) from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
awesome ! ! !

This has got to be the absolutely best story on here, by far ! ! ! ! ! Loved every word. thankyou for sharing your talent.

MilkChocolateAmazonMilkChocolateAmazonover 16 years ago
Gorgeous

An absolutely brilliant story. Very touching. Thank you xxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Excellent Story

Very touching, and I'd like to see a version where the bottom and top are switched, or a story from the other's point of view. I loved it, it was touching AND sexy, which can be a bit hard to come by.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Taste the Passion

Sex is Sex!!!!!!!! Love is SEXY... Passion and Love made this by far a winner. Brilliant dialog. Stay sweet and true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Aw, what a sweet story

Sooo romantic!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great stories

I love all your stories but this one is my favorite. I would love to see this story told from Jesse's point of view, just like you did in "I Hate You".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Wonderful

Every time I read this story, it blows me away. I love the depth that you give to your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
sweet

That was such a great and sweet story! I loved it!

theycallmecyclonetheycallmecycloneover 15 years ago
marry me?

you are without a doubt on of my favorite authors, if only for the fact that you take such care of your stories and it clearly shows. i look forward to many more stories (though i think i have one more two-parter to go)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
LOVE

For a the duration of my reading of this story you made me fall in love with love again. Your writing renewed my hope that there is such a thing as everlasting and "I'll hold your hand till the end" love. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well done

I really liked this story, the fact that you had the confidence to allow us to get to know the characters and utterly feel for them before you got to the sex. It worked in the sense that by the time you got to the sex it meant something.

It was so good, that I didn't even mind the first person narrative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice

This was a quite servicable story--sweet and nice. My only objection was that the "surprise" was such a non-surprise I felt like I waited months for the main character to find out what I knew from page 2.

BlueFishDreamBlueFishDreamabout 15 years ago
Taking the Scenic Route...

Regarding a previous, less than favourable comment..... Sometimes the journey is far more important than the destination when you know already know where you're going. Brilliant story, which I thoroughly enjoyed and I'll now be reading through the rest of your works. Syntax could have been a little tighter in one or two spots but I tend to be picky so it's really much more my problem than the writer's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
simply

amazing. all of your writing is. my only regret is reading them all too fast! please write more!

afrodita79afrodita79about 14 years ago
one of the best..

a greate story... hope to read jesse´s side

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Just loved this - the writing, the characters, and Kevin's voice was so believable and more than once I wanted to swat him one for not noticing Jesse's hints :) Beautifully written - thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Just Beautiful!!

What a wonderful story, so descriptive, so well written, it was just beautiful - wish it could have gone for ever and ever, I did not want the story to end and now that it has I feel sad - sad because it was something lovely to look forward to when it came to the end of the day and time to relax - all I can say is a big thank you to the Author and hope you will write more and more. Well done !! Every time I see a Starbucks I will think of you both xx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Fantastic

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm a hopeless romantic. This was a fantastic weaving of wordcraft. You fleshed them so well. Like I said, the good of it is that I have found a delightful writer.

Cheers,

John

aka Ricky

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Beautiful love story. I usually prefer my read to have a bit more drama and angst, but this one was so good written that I can't complain.

talismaniatalismaniaover 13 years ago
This Won My Heart

This is such an honest, warm and romantic story about two men finding each other--about two people finding each other--that it's easily one of my favorites. The flirtation is hot and believable and the sex scene provided a perfect finish. I love the way you weave in themes, not just that of the holiday but about renewal and family. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
BEAUTIFUL

This was a really heartwarming and beautiful story. A good balance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Heart to heart, finally!

Thank you for such a warm, touching story. Please continue to write and I will continue to read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

This is what I hope for, not only for me but all relationships no matter with what sexual partner one desires. Thank you for a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wonderfull

The story is very pretty and wonderfull. love this story. I hope you continue writting this kind of stories.

I was fascinating with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
True Love

This was a wonderful story. So happy to read about a couple that truly Loves one another as those two do. i hope they are happy for the rest of their lives

Dicksmall69Dicksmall69about 13 years ago
True Love and Sex

I am so touched by this story. It shows how wonderful love can be when developed slowly, holding back on sex until it can truly express the connections between lovers. Culminating in such erotic fulfillment of desires. The words "decent and wholesum" came to my mind, in counterpoint to so many homophobes proclaimed hatred of "sodomy."

moongodessmoongodessabout 13 years ago
One of my all time favorite stories

I love all of your stories but like to read this one over and over again, especially around the holidays! Would love to see more of your great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Beautiful story!!!!!!

Your stories are so romantic and lovely, but this is definitely my favourite!!! More stories soon please!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Awesome

I mean your stories are all great, have some understanding, romantic,funny, and HOTT!

I love them all!

yeomanieyeomanieover 12 years ago
beautiful

Read this before and loved it, re-read it just now and cried. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Have read this story over and over again!!!!

This is one of the best and most romantic stories on this site! Actually, I love all your writing! Hope you have more stories in the works! Waiting and looking forward to reading more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

i am straight girl, but i found gays so free and sexy and emotional. and i loved your story. i really did, its unbelievable how u find the exact right words to create an atmosphere like that.

p.s. is it a real story of ur life?

ShaneNShaneNover 12 years ago
Best Story I've Read In Awhile

Discovered this through a gay fiction rec site and I'm so glad I did! Loved the development of Kevin and Jesse's relationship. Such gorgeous emotion and imagery.

I'll definitely be reading the rest of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
two thumbs up!

i couldn't stop reading. i was simply immersed and caught in the story. I love how the story goes, the realizations, the subtle flirtations, the family and how one gets up after a downfall. this is heart warming.

seahavenseahavenabout 12 years ago

Absolutely amazing. This story was so sweet, I couldn't stop reading. Perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
My favorite

This is the perfect blend of romance, heat, and fuck. Hot. It's a favorite I read and cum to again and again.

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

So romantic, with a nice slow buildup and heartwarming emotions. But such a shame that the hint of an equal sexual relationship was not explored fully. So few GM stories contain this mutual giving and receivng, that it annoys me even more, when those that do fail to gift us with the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Two Thumbs (and other applicable appendages) Up

I thought it took forever to get to the "juicy" part, but of course it was all masterfully crafted and highly enjoyable "foreplay" that led up to that perfect "ending" which I, personally, won't ever forget! This story would make a fabulous movie in my opinion. Thanks for sharing it. It ticked every box as far as my tastes and fantasies go!

perihelionperihelionover 11 years ago
Always A Favorite

I have read this story several times and it always turns me on. It's a great read for this time of year, for any time of year.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
brilliant!!!

i never leave comments but this story was perfect! i LOVED how you left out the stupid porn talk during the bedroom scene n the raw emotions of the characters was breathtaking! thank you so much for this beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Good writing holds true over time. I've just found this and am still smiling-one of those cheek puffing wide smiles that you didn't even realize you had going.

Now I need to go find your other work. Thank you for writing and sharing this.

mixedracebbwmixedracebbwabout 11 years ago

Wonderful story. It's so touching and well written. I am eager to read your other works of art.

DawnJDawnJabout 11 years ago
Very well done!

You are a natural!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Beautiful!

I loved every last bit of it, very worthwhile!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

That was just so incredibly beautiful! You write wonderfully!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Amazing!

Wow, that was so good! I love that it really is a true love story. Left me in quite a good mood, I'm such a romantic, and with quite a smile. I can't wait to read more of your work. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

bit dragged out.? i thought

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
That was LOVED!

That was a great emotional and moving use of words LOVED it ! Stay happy healthy and strong in all you do! Thanks for sharing it ~!~

ItlumsItlumsabout 11 years ago
Sensual and inspired.

There was a few laughs and few tears falling down my cheek which is a perfect gift from author of this story. High praise!

My easiest 5-star rating given and definitely going to read any other work of this author.

otiusotiusabout 11 years ago
Wow

this story is amazing i started reading and i say "this is probably gonna end in a short bang scene" and then at the end i'm like " how come there isn't a 10 star rating

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
that was beautiful

completely and totally perfect, with not a single ounce i would change or modify. there should be more stars available for works of god like this one.

you are a total and complete genius

maturebimaturebialmost 11 years ago
Evaluation No.: 6

Dragged out - Not really. There should be Six in the scoring range.!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
((WOW))

I have read this enough times to know it is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT; my heart aches for more on Jesse and Kevin :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A Wonderful Story for the Holiday Season...

...from a writer who deals well with our emotional insecurities.

eagerforfuneagerforfunabout 10 years ago
Utterly magnificent!

So incredibly beautiful. You give me hope.

LeataLeataover 9 years ago
Simply Wonderful

I've been looking for something up lifting to read, I've been sick in bed and this was wonderful to read. I read all of your stories and it really made me feel better. They're captivating and beautifull honest. I hope you write more because these are simply wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wonderful, how i want my christmas to be

had all the elements there, slow build up, quiet loving and sharing, then boom realisation of love, nice

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love is real

A true love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

This is beautiful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
First time

This is the first time I've read one of your stories , I hope the others are as good as this

supervelvetsupervelvetover 6 years ago

It's just amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

This will always be one of my favorite stories!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done

Beautifully written story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

A beutiful love story of two men, Brought tears to my eyes, Now know that sex is sex and Love is speacial

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
five stars i love this story always have

i love romance i hate non stop fucking . . its old hat .........

Bijohn69Bijohn69almost 4 years ago
Great story and great ending. Can't wait to read more of your works !

Romantic gay love

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great piece of writing.

Well done.

AkshunLoveAkshunLoveover 3 years ago
Damn. Steven is a fucking asshole.

I’ve only read the first page and I’ll go back in a sec, but just had to say what an asshole he is!!!!! Who steals from someone who lost their job?? What a prick!!

Hutchison12Hutchison12almost 3 years ago

Absolutely fantastic loved it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story, loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story of what we all dream of, meeting our soulmate, falling in love like its almost unreal and live happily ever after... sounds cheesy but this story is not cheesy at all! Perfectly written it draws its reader into this perfect small town setting making you believe that dreams actually can come true. Living at a time where the daily news about pandemics, climate changes, terrorism, conflicts and economic crisis rather paint a picture of an uncertain future, stories that can make us dream and give us hope there is something good out there too, like this story here, are more needed than ever. Big Thank You to the author for this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a warm and sweet, lovely story. I loved it, but I must say, I would have tracked Steven down, kicked his ass, made him pay back my share of the money and called his friends and family telling them what he did and what a piece of crap he was. This is my second reading and I will visit this wonderful writing again. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I couldn't even tell you how many times i have read this story. I juat love it SO much. The romance gets me every time. And the sexy scenes at the end are the icing on the cake. Congratulations to the authour.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An absolutely beautiful and well told story. I was in tears at the beauty of it! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are such a great writer and I have loved everything you have written nearly 20 years ago! I only wish you were still at your craft to enjoy more stories.

BeefyhungtopguyBeefyhungtopguyover 1 year ago

Just read this again, on Christmas, as I do every year. Thank you. What a powerful story of redemption, hope, and love.

EdeyEdey6 months ago

Beautiful and wholesome story ❤️🥰😍

I wish my stories were half that emotional and deep 🥰 Thank you!

adidas21525adidas215256 months ago

Holy cow I'm crying like crazy. Just wow.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

So wonderful. I read it every Christmas.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous