All Comments on 'Sticks & Stones'

by Rob Conner

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
No explicit sex

I like stories that build and have some redeeming value to them. Your story was well built with plenty of implied sex and a heart felt conclusion. congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Love

Please forget about Elton vs Alton and the yucky type of writting. This is a heart warming story that only a person could write if they lost someone close. It did bring up memories for us, but the closness that had developed between Tracy and Garth over the last few years is as comforting as can be. We know this is only a fictional story, but we shed tears as we read it. Evidentally we needed a good cry. Our congratulations on the content of the story.

Laura & Lisa, bi sisters at CU

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Good Story

excellent story but it had a sad ending

skywriterxxxskywriterxxxover 20 years ago
something to think about...

Great story. A message that I'm sure lots of lit readers can identify with, or wish they could...

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
From a Frenchie

Yes, no sex. Who cares? Yes also, some problems in the names. But please, take care of this well understood sense of community and family. It's a world wide behaviour, and whithout it, even this story should'nt be allowed. I have a mind for your first amendment.

writingdragonwritingdragonover 20 years ago
Real with a capital "R"

Nicely done a story with all the points of reality, good and bad, also has the extra added attraction of a restored relationship, even with the sad but good ending. Yes there are some oops issues but the writing and story far outweigh the overall effect. Great job Rob, this is why I glean through the 90 to 100 stories to find one thats well written and has plot, character development, and some reality I think in school the teachers call writing like this stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Great Story

You don't need stroke material to have a great story. When reading a good story I usually skip over that stuff, unless I am feeling horney and need a little help.

Nightowl21Nightowl21over 19 years ago
A great story but sad ending

A well written story, regardles of a typing error or two. Sort of an unexpected, sad ending, though.

While rocognizing that life deals some very cruel blows it didn't have to happen to them so quickly after their struggle for trust, did it, Rob?? We could have heard nore about that struggle instead, no??

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
awesome sticks

This was and awsome story, saying so much so few words. Garth was very smart and handled this as a man. I am sorry this had a tragic ending, because I wanted to read a little more of his demands. Her understanding of the death after the children were born were endearing and believable. Thank for a gread read.

j

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
It is a good story.

It probably doesn't rate a 100 but then again why not?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Again a great story

I have no problem with the lack of sex in the story when it is well written. Your stories are always well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
OK

Not a bad story, Elton/Aldon notwithstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Just re-read this.

It had been a long time. I enjoy your work and am sorry we haven't seen anything new a such a long time.

If I remember correctly you owe us an ending for one of your stories. :)

I look forward to reading more of your work sometime soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Awful

I really, really, really, hate wimps, and wimp stories. Poor wimp was better off dead, although he was probably too stupid to know it.

gyjunkiegyjunkieover 15 years ago
Overall a good story.

The problem I have is that an affair of that length demands a divorce. The fact that he took her back mystifies me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You need a proofreader to clean it up

No way in hell would a man immediately take back a whore who fucks at work and stay with her. Think of the year of medical testing alone. And her being so needy, husband gone, lover gone, all alone, damn she would promise anything. And then the change in the spelling of the lovers name, that mistake was a major one that should never have happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
UNusual but very good

Not the typical loving wife story, but, as usual with Rob Connor, very well written and kind of heart breaking.

60 year old George

tootalldaytootalldayover 14 years ago
How many tryouts

I've always wondered how a person finds a great lover without being a complete slut (male or female) in order to try out many candidates. One doesn't just hit a home run on the first at-bat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
no

heart break and fatherless children are not entertaining in any way. the forgivness was the only saving factor but his death ruined it. sorry but that's how i feel.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 14 years ago
No big surprise

It isn't a big surprise that some find fault with technical aspects of you story and others find fault because the characters or actions don't fit in with what they want. Instead of putting forth the effort to write their own story they would rather rag on you.

Yes there were a few technical problems but those didn't keep me from enjoying your story. Thanks for your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Difficult to believe.

It was not poorly written and not impossible, just incredibly difficult to believe that he would wait, get all the proof, while she cheated on him and then just poof take her back. My take on it as a reader, but to me stories like have more to offer the reader if they are more plausible.

Michael

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
i agree with wood about writing your own stories

people read this stories and forget its how the author see it

rob, matt,and winterfrog are stay together at all cost writers. torchthebitch, papatoad and sometimes JPB are burn the bitch writers. If you dont like rob dont read his stories. I like some of his stories but not all.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I gave it 5*****

A good story with a few mistakes but well enough written to deserve the highest rating I gave it.

I don't have any problem with him taking her back since she was willing to change. Most people will overlook cheating by their husband or wife; at least to a degree.

Besides most women cheat; it is in their genes. If he divorced her, most likely the new wife would may cheat so he is well advised to accept her one time affair.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 13 years ago
I liked it but smiled

at the unfortunate juxtaposition of:

"Cut down in the prime of his life by a stupid rock."

and, a bit further down the page;

"His parents had been her rock."

Sorry, I couldn't resist

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

I write here manytimes 1 mistake may be in a marriage.

The most important the children, Garth and Tracy saved their marriage with the children.

In a story the pair dont start a second children after the mistake and.....

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Life Doesn't Go On

For Garth ....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Aldon or Elton?

If you can't even get the name correct why should we care about these characters?He takes her back because she'll change her last name what a joke and is it just me but why is it that so many husbands seem to die a few years after taking their slut wives back but only after they give them children and completely forgive them?

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Simple but nice storey

About depravity and redemption - a true life changer -

A stupid selfish woman who grows up and joins the real world with a vengance heh

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
I, too, love happy endings.

But if one screws the other really badly I do not want a reconciliation. Thank you for writing.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
I really liked this story

Some stories by Rob Connor I've found to be really trite. This one is exceptionally good, I think.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Why Kill The Husband?

I didn't see the point in killing the husband. Of course, I didn't see the point in him staying married to a selfish bitch that only tried to straighten out after she had something to lose. What of old Elton? Did his wife get notified of his cheating? Did she get the same materials the husband got? Everyone who gets cheated on has a right to know! If only for the STD factor. He should have shredded the bitch. People DO NOT change. They do what is within their character range to do. Good people are always good people, shit people are always shit people.

CharleyTCharleyTalmost 10 years ago
This story comes across as being written by a juvenile.

This has very poor grammar, lousy sentence structure and atrocious spelling. A good proofreader would have caught the common spelling errors which slip past a spell check program. Learn character development prior to attempting to write again. This appears to be more of a story idea (not even a well thought out story outline) than an actual story.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 9 years ago
Great story my ass

This was cuck bullshit, pure and simple....and than on top it off you kill the innocent. Fuck this sucked.

Jack99Jack99over 8 years ago

Tracy picked up her young son, Aldon Elton, born just 7 months after their reconciliation. She never could remember the name of her lover - was it Aldon or Elton? Didn't matter, she gave the little tyke both names, just in case. Garth didn't mind the name, nor did he guess that there was no way a 7th month premie baby could be 10 pounds, 8 oz. Probably because he was pretty stupid. The doctor that delivered the child was very helpful, if you could get past his English accent. And he never charged for the twice-a-week checkups, and that made Garth smile. Garth didn't understand why he watched the baby at home during the checkup either. Tracey said it was no use taking the baby, because he couldn't speak yet, and besides, she was a doctor too, and the other man was simply "filling her in" on what to do. Sometimes twice.

Tracey really couldn't believe anyone bought that "rock thrown by the lawn tractor while mowing" story! haha! The people in this town sure where dumb. She giggled at the thought of a rock that large being able to travel through the quarter-inch steel deck guard to hit him while he was mowing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Damn

Fucking whore cunt. I'd wish her extreme pain except she now has two children to raise. Because this is fiction her husband took her back. In make believe anything is possible. Fucking slag twat.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17almost 8 years ago
Learn To Spell

Ordinarily I am not concerned with spelling errors...but there is no such word as 'suprised'. And you use it in almost every story. The word you are looking for is 'surprised'...spelled s-u-r-p-r-i-s-e-d.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Powerful story

I do believe in redemption and the husband had real courage to even consider it. More than saving a marriage, it seems to me they saved her soul. Good story.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good

A very good, but sad story. Just when everything is coming together, it's gone. That's life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

1 rating for Alton walking away unscathed.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15almost 4 years ago

Should have sent the pictures st so to Alton's wife.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Her husband was a better.man than I could ever be and much better than she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That rock killed the story as well as the husband

This was a fine story until the author decided to use a cheap plot trick to raise the emotional impact of the story. Instead of enhancing the tale, however, that decision turned the plot maudlin and trite.

That's a shame.

YouamiYouamiabout 3 years ago

A sad tale for sure but one that emphasized the power of love and redemption. Tempus fugit. as they say.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

Not sure any man would except her 4 month affair and take her back so quickly as he did

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pretty bad story. Husband is the victim yet stays with wife. Husband is killed and wife lives on with another man. Yep pretty poor story.

SimepopSimepopabout 3 years ago

Now this one you got it right, great BTB for she who really needed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, didn’t like this at all. The author kills the husband and the wife is left free and financially secure, not to mention she’s already musing about how she wants another man eventually and more kids? The husband, is victimized yet again, and yet the wife is the one who benefits and gets to live “happily ever after” - and the husband is dead. Really poor way of handling things.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

1* - anybody sign on for sad fucking stories like this???

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
Misery.

As in, reading this all the way to its inglorious fizzle is an exercise in misery. “Authors” like this mook can’t wait to get to the spewing hatred and cruelty part, so they skip all the boring character development and plot.

I guess the terms and conditions on this site make it harder for these guys to write about murdering women for sport. So they’re stuck with just ruining lives.

Hey, business opportunity! Someone should open a story site that focuses on snuff stories! Then “writers” like ol’ Rob here can really express themselves.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Shitty story. The slut wins all and the lover returns to sunshine and roses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Would have been better if the cheating cunt had died.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60about 1 year ago

Alton or Elton, you mixed the names up.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60about 1 year ago

So, Alton/ Elton got away scott-free? If, anyone deserves to be knee caped, it was him.

RuttweilerRuttweiler8 months ago
Kind of a mess

It feels more like a mashup of other LW stories. I thought it never really found a “voice” of its own.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous