All Comments on 'Efrain and Cory Ch. 13'

by dayne

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
aclassyladyaclassyladyover 8 years ago
Oh wow

This satory just got sooooooooooooo much more interesting. Now I know where all the names from the title comes in to play. I wonder just how you are going to play this one out. Will everyone have a HEA or is there going to be heartache. I am a sucker for HEA but not everyone believes in that for life. Please keep writing and I will be waiting for more.

ACLASSYLADY

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
POV is so confusing

I love the story line but the way POV keep changing leave you a bit confused. Once u read it and then again have to go back to see its from whose POV. Plz do somethin about it. Its a pain..

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Addicted...I check a couple of times a day to see if you have updated. Don't ever conform to the way others think you should write. Your style is perfect for you and this story!!!

daynedayneover 8 years agoAuthor
POV and HEA

I freely admit, I'm pretty promiscuous with my PoV. I try to weave in hints as to whose PoV I'm using, without being too obvious. I also limit myself to Efrain, Cory, Indie, and Preston (at one point, I had a section from Mitch Whitlock's perspective!), so process of elimination will work.

As to HEAs. Yeah, heartache and loss are realistic. But, are we here for reality? I say fuck reality; it fucks us enough. Verisimilitude - now that I can work with!

MissPrimMissPrimover 8 years ago
Love the Story, but the POV shifts?

You wrote:

"I try to weave in hints as to whose PoV I'm using, without being too obvious. I also limit myself to Efrain, Cory, Indie, and Preston (at one point, I had a section from Mitch Whitlock's perspective!), so process of elimination will work."

I tried the same technique in my first Lit series with three POV characters and people complained about the POV shift. Going back through the story I can see the readers' point. Plus, your chapters are short, and switching between multiple POV's in short chapters is disorienting. It's always good to experiment to find out what works and what doesn't, but you might want to limit POV shifts. Just a suggestion. :)

Great story though. Look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Totally on tenterhooks

OMG where's the next installment, POV shifts and all??? (they're fine with me, btw) No pressure or anything but I'm about to combust waiting to see how Preston melts the Iceman.

AfrikanAfrikanover 8 years ago
No Complaints

I totally love the different POV's, I like knowing the inner feelings and thoughts of involved characters and it only comes out well only if given by that particular character. Finally I now get where the tittle of this story came from. I love this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pov

The POV shifts work.. They're easy to follow in this case, at least for me. And each narrator propels the story forward. It's not as if they're repeating the same event..

You do what works for you. We love it so we will keep coming back for more.. At least I will...

Nevin1Nevin1over 8 years ago
Still lovin it

Ahh, at last we see how it's possible for sweet Preston to become Maddog!

PleasepleasePleasepleaseover 7 years ago
Aaaahhh Preston

Absolutely adore Preston... reminds me of so many of my great friends over the years.

Oh and can't even remember the last time I heard the phrase, "Jesus come to meeting". Probably last time I was in Texas. Must be regional because I don't recalling it up here. Adds a nice bit of authenticity!

Am hoping this keeps going for some time and you have plenty more under your belt or rather your little voices provide you with more material:).

PleasepleasePleasepleaseover 7 years ago
Your response to comment:

"As to HEAs. Yeah, heartache and loss are realistic. But, are we here for reality? I say fuck reality; it fucks us enough. Verisimilitude - now that I can work with! ..." Have to say I love our stance on HEAs and reality. Having lost my one true love after fighting countless, back-to-back critical illnesses over a number of years, I've had enough of "reality" to last me several lifetimes. Thanks for keeping it light --- reality does often truly suck.

dnsontndnsontnalmost 2 years ago

I love Preston the Attack Twink! Go gurl

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous