All Comments on 'Dawn over Sun Valley Ch. 06'

by small_town_girl

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Comeback

Nice comeback. Joe really is an arrogant ass though. Can't wait to see what happens when they figure out she is pregnant lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Don't let negative commenters affect your work. Just do ya own thing.

Great chapter as usual! Looking forward for the next :)))))

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Still have zero idea how they'd reconcile with that attitude of Joe's and after all the happenings

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I love this story. So many twists and turns which always makes you want to know more. I can wait for the next chapter. I hope he listens to her side of things eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Joe Jerk catalyst for stronger Leanne.

I harshly condemned Joe last chapter. At least Tammy beat on him. Wow what a dumb cowboy.Forgo the adjectives. I loved her reactions to Joe's pathetic apology. This is more than" shit happens and go on." i like this new feature of Leanne going on with her dignity and strength of resolve. This is more than sun valley , but going thru Death Vally with her head held up high. May she find her oasis soon!!

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 8 years agoAuthor
...

@Anon 'comeback' - yes, he really is in this chapter, isn't he? :)

@bonnietaylor2 - thank you for jumping to my defense, but i'm actually not sure Anon meant that in a derogatory way. or at least, i didn't take it like that... Joe really is behaving like a dick. i should know, i made him do it! hehe

@Anon 'don't let' - see my previous comment. and thank you! next one will be submitted tomorrow, so should post early next week (i hope)

@Anon 'zero idea' - good! that means i can still surprise you... i think you'll like the next chapter.

@Anon 'i love' - thank you! and yeah, there are quite a few twists and turns in the upcoming, last two chapters. nothing too way crazy or out there (not my style, really), but i'm hoping you'll enjoy it nonetheless!

@Anon 'Joe Jerk' - in my mind, Leanne has always been strong; surviving her childhood and teens had forged her character. but i agree that in matters of the heart she is a complete novice, and Joe's being a jerk does prompt her to remember her backbone of steel. now about her oasis... let's just say i'm rooting for her, too :)

to everyone who had favorited this story and/or me - thank you!

and to all my American readers, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. xoxo

Annie

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
What an asshole!!!

Ok, so technically it wasn't rape, but, it would still be seen as assault with bodily harm as a result. Last time I checked that still counted as a felony. No matter how much he apologizes he is still guilty of a crime. Besides which he is also too fucking stupid to live. You simply don't blame an innocent family member because someone in their family is stupid or commits a crime. Using that logic his sister is guilty by association for the assault that he committed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love this!

I cannot wait to read the next chapter! You have done a fantastic job. Joe needs to eat some humble pie and grovel at her feet.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
No clue

Not only does that describe Joe, but also I have no clue how they reconcile. He's not just a dick, he's a self-righteous dick who would not have apologized - even After he was told how badly Leanne was looking and behaving - unless Tammy quite literally beat him into doing it.

I'm proud of Leanne's bounce-back, but I'm shocked that none of your other reviewers have figured out the real plot bomb you dropped.

I do so hope they are not 'forced' into a HEA :(

Jason

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 8 years ago
Thought provoking writing

As ever STG has pulled at the emotions. I love that she has stood strong, even though she is a physical wreck. Standing up to him was just perfect. I can also see why he turned on her. Strong family memories and events can cloud someones judgement to the point that rational thought doesn't happen.

Excellent story STG.

swrdswrdover 8 years ago
Men..... are so stupid

I know it as being one of the gang ;)

I love that Leanne is a strong woman who stand up for herself and isn't drown to self pity.

STG your story telling makes it very easy for me to read. I never read romance since it gets to be so boring with long useless descriptions of unimportant details and you just don't do it. Also, your characters are alive and very human which makes it possible to relate.

great job! am running to the next chapter now.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderalmost 8 years ago
The sins of the father

Being visited upon the daughter

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great chapter!

It is a great chapter, in which the concerns of the contradictory feelings, the anger and the love that Joe feels for Leanne are perfectly detailed, and what she feels for Joe, but her pride of knowing that in the end she has been honest with He simply did not tell him what he did not ask.

And since the men we are so blind ...

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very intelligent writing

What Joe did, was it wrong or can be forgiven as a heat of the moment thing? That's up for debate. How Leanne is acting despite him apologizing and that too sincerely. Is that right? Well I would say what Joe did doesn't define his character. And why he did that(not the hate sex part, the breaking up part) that is understandable. He must have felt confused and not knowing her motives thought the worst. As for why he avoided her. Well he saw her coming out of Todd's place in his boxers and t shirt. That is too much of a reason to avoid someone. Anyone would avoid having a conversation like that. For me, at the moment, I feel for Joe and feel a little disappointed at Leanne's behavior ? But as far as the story goes...It is top notch!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A little too much sado-masochism for me.

How she could stick around after his hate-fuck is a little too masochistic. His treatment of her was also way over the top. Of course, I've always believed the sins of the father should NOT be visited upon the children.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass6 months ago

Joe comes across as an ass, while Leanne is a strong woman who can stand up to the crap that Joe shells out. Not the usual romance novel. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous