All Comments on 'Bang! Bang!'

by callmesparky

Sort by:
  • 250 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just moronic

Pathetic! The writing is okay but the story just sucks balls. Who would want her? She's a moron and he's a moron for wanting her. Couldn't get half-way through this jumble.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
An Exercise in 'Show don't tell'

Loved the coffin metaphor. There's a saying that people remember how you make them feel, not what you say.. True the wife was a bit overwrought and the husband was far more stolid then I would have been. But my empathy was fully engaged albeit with a raised eyebrow for some sections.

The author excelled at presenting skewed logic of woman on cusp of cheating. Alan made her feel excited and vibrant, that was what counted in Vegas decision. The husband , however , knew how to turn the tables beyond futile argument over right or wrong. I thank the author for sharing.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
No Kids

The miracle of birth control has allowed people to have sex for years, in this case in excess of 7 years with no risk of pregnancy. Over that time, there is only so much a couple can do when they are filled with youth and energy. That energy is meant for ensuring survival and raising kids. With no kids, the energy will seek another outlet. One of the saddest things about our post modern world are all the women that think that jobs and "careers" are fulfilling to the exclusion of children or at least child rearing. There is nothing more to life than survival and raising kids. The social construct of an ego driven, career oriented life is a deal with the devil made by fools that were not raised well by their parents. This is the same for men as it is for women.

Unfortunately, in this case they learned the hard way. The husband will always doubt his wife. His doubt and her resentment of it will be an infection in their marriage until the day it ends.

stev2244stev2244over 8 years ago
Nice story

Quite entertaining

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Prologue

You do realize that 'prologue' is an introductory section and should not be at the end of the story. You should use 'epilogue' to conclude your tale and give the readers a follow up.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 8 years ago
Utterly forgettable.

She sounds like she isn't smart enough to walk and chew gum.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
MY BABY SHOT ME DOWN

luckily and thankfully, the shots went wild. TK U MLJ LV NV

HeWhoGoesThereHeWhoGoesThereover 8 years ago
Hmmm...

I liked the story overall, but I can't say I'm thrilled about him keeping the wife. Yeah, she realized how badly she fucked up, but only after her husband went to a level of theatrics that you really only see in fiction. This IS fiction, but thinking about it in realistic terms, if THAT was how far I had to go to convince my wife not to cheat, with the implied possibility of her leaving me for lover boy if things went "well", I don't know if I would be able to take her back.

I've long maintained that the worst kind of cheating, for the spouse being cheated upon, is the kind that doesn't have a reason. When a spouse cheats on a whim, there's nothing you can do to fight it. Being more attentive, trying to make yourself more appealing, buying them gifts, lighting up the bedroom; none of it will help if the spouse doesn't need a reason to cheat. And if you take them back, there's always the very real possibility that the "whim" might come back again. And it's even worse with those headstrong people who keep a death grip on any idea that gets stuck in their head, even when they know it's a terrible one, like the wife here.

She may have learned her lesson this time around, but give it a few years and watch what happens when the memory of the lesson fades. And of course there's always the chance that the lesson she actually learned wasn't "Be faithful to your husband", but instead "Don't tell him the truth". I'm not sure how she would've been able to explain away a weekend in Vegas, but I'm sure good ol' Stan would've figured something out, like the tried and true local motel if she couldn't get out of town.

As far as I'm concerned, the trust is gone. But I'm not the character in the story, so whatever. He seems like an idiot to me, who's gonna wind up heartbroken in the not-too-distant future, but this is fiction; the story ends when the author says it does. The author says they had a happy ending, so I'll take it.

3 stars from me. It's a solid piece, but my personal biases prevent me from really getting into it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

prologue at the end? insane moronic wife? complete personality twist in one paragraph? stupid wimp that forgive and forgets right away? raac?

fuck all that.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Enjoyed it

Very enjoyable read. Since it's a flash story of sorts, I won't analyze it to critically.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
What a melodrama

Wow, talk about villains and noble good guys and weeping hysterical maidens! Did he have a moustache?

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
What saved the marriage...

What saved this marriage was that she talked with him before something really unforgiven happened!!! That allowed him to take action and try to open her eyes...A weak point in it is: "had been three prior sexual harassment complaints about the really nice guy Stan" and only now the HR took action in dismiss him? Another one is: "lover boy" got out of this too easy...Not even a beating? It could have been any of the aggravated husbands...however 3*

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 8 years ago
Really enjoyed this one...

...short but to the point. 5* for your story. Thank you.

avidfaavidfaover 8 years ago
prologue at the end

Guess what comes at the end of your college education? A Commencement ceremony. Prologue to the rest of their life together is a perfect way to end this story.

This story also nicely answers so many others where the cheater wails that she 'made a mistake' and should be forgiven. This one makes it clear by counter example that in all the others, she 'made a mistake' and she lied to cover it, over and over again. Here, she made the mistake, but didn't lie to cover it, and so it could be fixed in time.

What I will never understand, though, is how any spouse would ever think that dating is okay, that it's somehow not cheating, but apparently idiots think what idiots think.

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
Just not realistic

So that kinda took the wdge off my enjoyment of the story. Was formulaic, but not bad, just not my cuppa

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

"He's not that way Brad. He hasn't been with a woman in over two years." โ€“ Ri-i-ight, like you can trust a man who seduces married women!

โ€œHe said he'd let everyone at work know I was a slut and he'd get me fired.โ€ โ€“ Thatโ€™s sexual harassment, he can be sued, and possibly fired, otherwise the company can probably be sued also, maybe sued anyway.

And I agree with impo_61, how was this guy still around after THREE prior complaints? I could MAYBE see him getting away with ONE complaint, without proof it could be a โ€œHe said/She saidโ€ situation, but a SECOND complaint should at LEAST put him on thin ice, with a third getting him tossed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What kind of marriage remains???

How can the husband ever trust that woman again?? Even if they remain together the marriage will only be a weak shadow of what it was before. Somethings just do not get better. The husband will forever be waiting for the time to come when she completely betrays him and she will hate him too for coming between her dreams of a luxurious life...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I don't care about the critics.

It ended the way it should and that's what counts. And it's a very well-written story. Five stars and thanks for the happy ending.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 8 years ago
Creative Redemption Story

It is difficult to come up with something new, and the coffin part of the story is clever and creative. The author built up a couple of characters who indeed deserve redemption. I appreciate Sugna's comments - banging out a few rug rats would give this couple something to think about and take most of their energy. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sometimes..

Rethinking a situation is far too late. This marriage was over at the planning, there is no such thing as a fix.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 8 years ago
Well

As always, most commenters are judging the story purely on whether or not they think they would have reacted the same way as the character. :headshake:

I actually think this was pretty well done, and here's why:

1. It was built around a fun metaphor, which was enjoyably used but not enough to justify any longer a story than this. It was exactly the right length for what it had to do.

2. The wife was still several steps less clever than a real woman might be, but unlike most post-StarStang BTB stories she was smart enough to evaluate her situation as the plot unfolded and develop a rational response. Hell, in the latter part she could even have a conversation and say insightful things. In that regard, she's light years beyond the usual mysoginist bent we get.

3. I also think her initial stupidities were necessary (in the way HDK's women are sometimes necessarily stupid) in order to create a situation that supported the metaphor delivery moment. She was dumb for a bit so the story could rush it's setup, and that's fine. It's certainly better than when the woman is portrayed as basically mentally disabled while we're also being told that her husband is a god among men.

4. The ending was vaguely victorious, but I think had some realism in that what had already happened WAS a level of betrayal. I'm okay with this ending, just as I would have been ok with divorce, because the ending of the story is not the primary qualifier on whether or not it was a good story (should I say that again, guys?).

The ending of the story is not the primary qualifier on whether of not it was a good story.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
In most of the stories

In this category, the husband would have said "have a nice time! Can I watch?" So, Brad's reaction to Anna's revelation placed this tale head and shoulders above most of the crap dredged up from the cesspool of perverted, deviant sex that the evil consider erotic. As long as I find it sickening, I know I'm on the right track. My reaction to the filth the evil call erotic, raises the conundrum of Anna's behavior. She should have found Stan's advances repulsive and immediately warned Brad of his attack on their marriage. Instead, she basked in self-love and let Stan stroke her ego to the very edge of no return. Only Brad's graphic explanation of what she had done to their marriage and what the results of her "weekend" would be, snapped her back to her senses. Like many of the other commentators, I find Anna sorely lacking in character. We already know just how much she respects Brad. Will the character he displayed increase her respect for him enough to be faithful? That remains to be seen. Brad has to be wondering just who the hell did he marry? Now that he's seen who she is, will he want to keep her? Of course, these are the questions raised by every reconciliation story I've read that doesn't go to great lengths to show the errant spouse's about-face is genuine. I don't think you have done that to my satisfaction here, so my rating is four stars.

Sidney43Sidney43over 8 years ago

It was creative and ended well, but I thought she got to the truth telling stage pretty quickly. It seems more likely that Stan would have fucked her a bit before taking her off to Vegas, but that was probably essential to the story line. The scene at the kitchen table was so abrupt, perhaps it only seemed that way because we didn't have any information on the wife's personality. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good by Anna

Not to be trusted! EVER. Anna cheated, as surely as if she had spread her legs wide, guiding her boss's boss's cock into her pussy and let him pound away until he unloaded.

She is not wife material nor is she ever to be trusted again. She has proven herself.

textosteronetextosteroneover 8 years ago
Great Tale! Much better then the standard Cuck crap

The opening was a bit weak with Anna getting directly to the events that illustrated her betrayal and plans to take it to the next level. She talks of honesty during her confession but waited a few weeks to be honest about what she did. That really doesn't sound correct. Her honesty should have come out after the 2nd or 3rd lunch when feelings started to stir. Although that would have been a different story progression, I still enjoyed the way this tale unfolded.

SKHPSKHPover 8 years ago
Pregnancy

Did I get it right that she went on maternity leave about 8 month later and the baby might have been conceived the day when she crawled back to her husband? Did I get it right that she had planned to have unprotected sex with her paramour that same day? Perhaps not such a good idea to take her back even if the baby is his. It might have been an attempt of ultimate cuckolding.

4* for the well-crafted story! Keep on, please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This tale was not very believable.

She also said she was on pill so how did she get pregnant . Did you forget you wrote that into the story. There are some really dumb people out there. But to tell your husband the last minute that you are going to Vegas to have sex with one of your bosses seems so unreal.what could she have been thinking going into this

Relationship. What did she expect from her husband , love and kisses. Seems to far fetched for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good fairy tale with a couple of issues

How does he regain his trust in her? Does he really believe that she hasn't already slept with Stan? Does cutting bras and panties to shreds make any difference? She's already betrayed him. The only real question is to what degree? And you miss-timed the pregnancy. If she was on the pill it would have taken a couple of months for her cycle to reestablish itself thereby allowing her to get pregnant. Overall a pretty satisfying story. At least there weren't any willing cucks running around like chickens with their heads cut off. You could write another ending to this wherein she goes off to Las Vegas, he hires a PI to get the evidence and then destroys both of them and the Company, gets millions from his lawsuits and retires to a tropical island. Just a thought. CHEERS!

FD45FD45over 8 years ago

Mmm. This is loving wives. So except for a few stories, we know the wife is going to cheat and the only things left up in the air is hubby's reaction, the ending and 'the hook'.

The first two are pretty straightforward. So it comes down to how cleverly or emotionally engaging the story is. The hook here was the coffin.

Pretty mil spec story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
You Know

This was a tough tale. She had every intention of going off with the boss and wanted to be honest with her husband about it. What she expected of him was unclear, but it wasn't what he said he'd do. The coffin was a great touch because it said exactly what he would do. In the end she came to her senses and stayed true but not entirely faithful. Only time could save this marriage and that's how it ended. Will she stay faithful? Who the fuck knows.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 8 years ago
not too

I liked this. It wasn't too involving and busy and it wasn't too simple and short. I thought he should have made her jump through some hoops. Just because the deed wasn't done, it had been preluded and planned. Stan should have taken a beating as well. 5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The problem is that she already betrayed him, already decided and planned to fuck another man.

And she indicated it was not about sex, but about emotions! She had to find out if this new guy was her future!! That's not surface lust, that's rotten to the core betrayal.

So she just got cold feet, buyers remorse. Once she gets comfortable with the reconciliation she will be looking around, again. Yeah, it may be years later, but one day she won't even warn him, he'll just get served. He's a fool if he stays with this stupid shallow heartless woman. And if he does not get a DNA test on the kid, just look up buffoon in the dictionary. There you will see his picture. Almost makes sense why she's looking to trade up. If this guy is dumb enough to keep her he does not deserve her respect.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Bye, Bye Anna

For me the last nail went into the coffin when she put herself in a position to be kissed by her future lover. It did seem to me that this business of refusing to take a glance at the text message if fairly stupid. You would lose a chance to save someone's life in some cases. Still he could never trust her again and that was her initial question.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
5* read all the way

You certainly know how to tell a story.

So many ways that could have gone.

You could offer us some alternative endings, perhaps?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Great story but in the real world I don't think he could go back with her. The betrayal was the first flirting and lunch date . If your doing something you hide from your spouse than you've already cheated. I could never trust her again and her boss would've got the beating of his life some how

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Courageous Story!

Interesting, emotionally realistic story that benefits greatly from the graphic โ€œdescriptorsโ€ included in the narrative. The nails and the marriage license culminating in the โ€œbang, bang, bangโ€ of the coffin being sealed shut. The husbandยดs miserable night in a Motel 6 followed by breakfast at Dennyยดs. It was all very raw and very real.

The husband was intelligent at setting up the coffin scene to shock his wife back to reality. He reacted appropriately by leaving the house for the night. He acted with compassion in accepting her back. Finally, he acted courageously to rebuild their marriage with her.

We can all debate whether or not he should have taken her back or not. However, it was an excellent story full of human failure and redemption.

shaman43shaman43over 8 years ago
Realistic

Well written story. Wish the denouement was a bit longer with more detail. By the way I had a couple in marriage counseling a decade ago that this resembles almost exactly in the events surrounding their problems. They did make it and now have 2 kids and a solid marriage.

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopover 8 years ago
Great story

I love this story. xoxoxo Annette

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
Very good.

I like this a lot. Very well done.

OnethirdOnethirdover 8 years ago
Needed repairs

Very nice story. I always wish for reconciliation, but here you have to ask if there are some serious underlying issues. Women who succomb to aggressive suitors may not be unhappy with their current situation, but the mental gears switch: their attraction to the new man displaces the old one. This is a damaged marriage and, although I don't think much of psychiatry, there is extensive repair work to do that time alone probably wouldn't heal.

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
O K Read***

No man leaves his house for another man to come pick his wife up to take her on a trip!! Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

She will probably cheat again, if given the chance. Leopards can not change their stripes.

andyinozandyinozover 8 years ago
Leopards

Very funny Anon.

I get it!!

If a leopard has STRIPES then it has already changed its SPOTS.

I appreciate your humour.

Thanks callmesparky, I enjoyed the read.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
SOMETHING'S ILLOGICAL HERE...

<< "When did you decide not to go with Stan?"

Again she giggled, a sound that warmed my soul. "About two seconds after you walked out the door.... >>

SO, IF SHE'D DECIDED NOT TO GO, WHY WAS SHE UPSTAIRS PACKING TO LEAVE WHEN THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THEIR MARRIAGE LICENSE BEING IN THAT COFFIN FINALLY DAWNED ON HER?? .... I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE STORY YET BUT SHE JUST MADE HERSELF OUT TO BE A FUCKING LIAR. MAYBE THE REASON SHE LOOKS SO RAGGEDY IS BECAUSE SHE JUST GOT FUCKED AND THEN DUMPED BY STAN.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
SOMETHING'S ILLOGICAL HERE... (site didnt include my comment... AGAIN)

You wrote: .. "When did you decide not to go with Stan?"

Again she giggled, a sound that warmed my soul. "About two seconds after you walked out the door ....

AND I ASK: So why was she upstairs packing her sexy clothes to go to Vegas to have Stan fuck her to find out whether she preferred his cock to her husbands' before the significance of their Marriage License being nailed into that coffin suddenly began to have some meaning to her?

ALSO: Since she was supposedly taking birth control pills, it's obvious that Stan would have gotten her pregnant in Vegas that very morning.

ALL THESE FACTORS ARE THINGS THAT HER HUSBAND WOULD HAVE TO LIVE WITH, IF HE WAS STUPID AND WEAK MINDED ENOUGH TO... WHICH HE WASN'T. HE MADE HIS CASE BEFORE HE LEFT THE HOUSE. PERSONALLY, I WOULD HAVE DRIVEN THAT LAST NAIL DEEP WHEN SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE WAS STILL GOING (FOR ME) AND THEN I WOULD HAVE LEFT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This one was a bit sketchy, in that she seemed so clear about her choice....

....but seemed to be beyond any thought as to the consequences.

That she had gone as far as she had, would put most marriages in far more serious jeopardy that the "couple of months" it took these two to move on. I'd say something trite like, "I guess he just loves her that much.", but not only trite, it would be pretty unrealistic.

My wife pulled a similar stunt in our 7th year and just after we'd had our first serious blow up. Long story short,.....we never really got over it. While not nearly as egregious as adultery, the betrayal cut deep. I'd lost trust, lost my partner, my confidant, my best friend and my lover, all in one thoughtless moment.....followed by several additional and well thought out acts of betrayal.....falling just short of full sex. Yup, she sure showed me.

I stayed for the sake of the kids, but over the next year, the lack of unity, the wear and tear of life in general and married life specifically, all took their toll and I had to get away. I returned to college with an aggressive timeline to graduation in hopes of advancing myself and took a full time job nearly an hour's drive from home to keep me as far away from there, for as long as possible, each day. I became an interloper in my kids' lives and was almost completely absent from my wife. Someone observed that I'd abandoned them. Yup. Better that, than the ocean of shit I'd have had to swim if I'd divorced her. I did miss the kids terribly, but couldn't in my new situation manage to spend more than a few hours each week at the house. Most of that was spent in exhausted sleep.

I did the best I could for them without making tragic statistics of them.

C_frommnC_frommnover 8 years ago
Bang!

Love the story . Not way over the top revenge but enough to keep a Happy Marriage Progressing. Now if he knew where the Nice Guy moved he could go out of Town and really BANG! BANG! BANG!

SampkyangSampkyangover 8 years ago
bang

i would throw her skank ass out ANYWAY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
you must have studied auto-bio's

under slirppuff. u both married dizzy cunts.

2 stars

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 8 years ago
Loved it!

Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why did she pack "after" she decided not to go ????

"When did you decide not to go with Stan?"

Again she giggled, a sound that warmed my soul. "About two seconds after you walked out the door I knew I could never go away with Stan or anybody else

After you left I went upstairs to pack, but all I could think about was our marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Liked it, but needed proof-reading.

Lots of folks talk about the last nail in the coffin, but I enjoyed seeing it used so literally, and to such good effect. A good proof-reading would have caught the inconsistencies and usage errors (i.e. "that faithful day" --??).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Got Shock?

Sparky, I think you conveyed the abject despair and pain of the husband very well. There is much to appreciate in your writing skill, but these trendy shock stories are not my cup of tea. It's just too manipulative to be believable.

The woman experiences some type of cheating-aphasia for a few weeks and a creative gesture from hubby sets her straight. Is that right? Confessing her cheating (that's exactly what it was) and expecting hubby to go along with it is the first act in this bizarro world. And then in act two or three and a few bumps in the road later they are painting the guest room for junior? Ha ha, but not in the real world.

I could see it working if the groundwork for her utter bankruptcy of character had been laid beforehand and was somehow accepted a priori by hubby, or if she was just an impulsive goofball with a double-digit IQ. But really, does that leave the reader much hope for their future?

Sounds like a paternity test is in order here :))

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
so bold too come to the house to pick his wife up

stan needed a ASSkicking.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Tough Story!

You are one creative writer. I loved this guy's analogy with the coffin. However, I would have pounded the final nail. This dumb, dumb wife had already cheated with the lunches, hugging and kissing and deciding to go on a trip with the other 'so nice' guy. In my ind it would be all over then and there. She had already destroyed the marriage and ignored her husband and disrespected him to the nth degree. Too much to get over. She is not worthy of reconciliation or taking her back. What is she going to do the next time....just not tell hubby? Thanks for an interesting story.

SampkyangSampkyangover 8 years ago
she already cheated

how does the phrase honest with each other get into this story??? if she was honest she would have told wimp hubby every time they went to lunch and the dinner and all the kissing when it happened.

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago
hello

well i a way you all say so she cheat but she never throw her self in fir of lust and cheat and come in her sense so pure human nature make a mistake but get your lessen and safe your self good story

griz375griz375about 8 years ago
Intent

Quite well put together BUT . . . the ending is NOT appropriate. This was an isolated indiscretion or spur-of-the-moment incident.

She schemed and plotted with Mr. Nice Guy to break her vows . . . .period. At that point she was clearly committed to cheating and so she should be out the door and out of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Epilogue vs. Prologue

Epilogue is for the end of the story. Prologue is for the begining.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeabout 8 years ago
For The Cuckolds That Keep A Cheating Wife It's Called A D.N.A. TEST!

What you get to see who is the father of her child. Really, could any rational man with even a shred of self respect ever trust a wife that told him she was going away to have sex with someone else? At that point the marriage trust is void, broken, destroyed. O.K. she didn't go... so F'in what! She had a emotional affair with Stan already, the sex was just the whipped cream on top. She didn't go this time because Brad made her afraid of the consequences after she was sooo truthful. Pity she wasn't being truthful while lunching, dining and necking with Stan. So, maybe next time it's better to keep quite and not upset Brad when she's seeing someone else hmmm?

ADULTERY is not just about sex. It's the intent to betray the marriage vows and the process of arriving at that point that truly constitutes Adultery.

Just My Opinion, YMMV.

Morgan DeWolfe

Kitist02Kitist02about 8 years ago
Simply beautiful

A most simple and brilliant plot feature. He's a man who can think outside the box par excellence.

For those who consider her to have cuckolded him through her uncompleted actions, get a life and learn how humans actually live! So she isn't the perfect American Wife he thought he had. But now he has a wife who has been tempted and, even if he had to get her attention first, did resist that temptation. That is something that is incredibly powerful in a relationship!

I think they will do quite well in their future. After all is said and done, actions speak louder than words. Her words, while very painful to him, are offset by her final actions.

Thanks for writing this. It may not be, as some have commented, your best work, but it is one of the most hopeful that I have read.

Think about this: There are societies in which the husband would be expected to use that hammer on her head just for going as far as she did. If you don't have the capability to accept what she said and how she responded to his recriminations, then perhaps you should go live in one of those societies. You are demonstrably too dumb and insensitive to continue to live in this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
@Kitest02

He doesn't have to accept anything he chooses not to, it's called free will and being an adult. If he wants to live in the US and hit her over the head with a hammer he can. All he has to do is pay the consequences of US law. Just because someone You call people dumb and insensitive because they have different ideas than you? That just blares your ignorant, selfishness. Douche post. buffalohawk

GoodhueGoodhueabout 8 years ago
What Did Anna Learn?

So what did this painful episode actually teach Anna? That her sacred marriage vows should not be broken OR,next time she plans to cheat she should keep her mouth shut? ~ The trust they'd shared before was broken and one would suspect that hubby would always, even if only slightly, suspect his wife of being lured into it again.

The marriage may not be dead but at least one nail will always remain in that coffin!

nedslapnedslapalmost 8 years ago

There must be lots of perfect people here who've never had to try to make up for something that they regret. I read so many comments from blustering jerks who never seem to have forgiven anyone for anything. I doubt that they'll ever have to forgive a spouse because of the difficulty of their getting one. Great story in spite of the errors. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
nedslap

You're not angry are you? Maybe you should take a break from reading comments, if they affect you so much.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 8 years ago
The one thing that bothers me most...?

Is her saying something along the lines of "I had to be sure before I hurt you"...?

So, since SHE didn't think this would cause her to be divorced the only NEGATIVE she saw was that it would hurt her husband. And yet...

That was a price SHE was willing to pay...? Oh that's right, HE'D be paying it, not her...

I'd be hard pressed to take her back... Not because she was willing to hurt the marriage but because she was willing to hurt me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

she already cheated. these two morons are too stupid to be real. they make a good couple.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumalmost 8 years ago
NOT ME.... I'D NEVER TAKE HER BACK.

Besides the fact that she's already cheated on him, she's proven that she's too fucking stupid to be allowed to breathe. Anyone that self-centered is a disaster waiting to happen. I understand his desperate measures in pulling up the coffin to make his point but he's WAY better off without that cheating slut. She SAYS she hasn't cheated but the guy that she's leaving with isn't the kind of guy who leaves that kind of thing to 'if she shows up at the airport'. He'd have her meet him somewhere and he'd have already fucked her several times before taking her on that trip... so, in all probability, she lied when she said that she hadn't already fucked him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What Constitutes Cheating

A married woman who has clandestine lunches and intimate dinners with a man other than her husband is cheating. A married woman who willingly shares passionate kisses with a man other than her husband is cheating. A married woman who plans and agrees to go on an extended trip, with the possibility of sharing sex with a man who is not her husband is cheating. A married woman who tells her husband she is leaving with another man on such a trip is admitting to her husband she is cheating. A married woman who buys sexy lingerie to be worn, not for her husband, but for another man is cheating. A married woman who packs for such a trip with a man who is not her husband is cheating. If Brad takes Anna back, he can expect to awake from vivid nightmares repeatedly, visualizing his wife Anna in bed with that nice guy Stan. She is not worth reconciliation.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
I hate the star rating system execusion.

Or maybe it's my computer. I tried to give a 4 stars and it did a cursor jump and ended giving 2 stars. I think that the story was very well written and that what some of the commenters called "mistakes" were thrown in to have us continue thinking about the story and having more little details "dawn" on us as we go along. She said that she immediately decided not to go with Stan after hubby's demonstration of his carpentry prowess. Then said she went upstairs to pack and fell asleep. First post discovery lie, if you don't count the fact that she had indeed already slept with Stan. Guys like him don't go to Vegas with a woman on speculation. The trip to Vegas was to rub it in hubby's face and force the wife to further submit. Confession was not her idea. Talked about bareback sex and her being protected, but I would imagine she had already stopped birth control and had just had hubby on the cut off so she couldn't get pregnant by him. So, lie number two, post discovery. She did decide not to go, but I bet it was after Stan showed up and they discussed what her options were after the divorce. Cause that was going to happen most definitely. So, after calling hubby numerous times, with no answer she began to hear the chug-chug of a train and the faint whistle as the gravy train was leaving the station. So, damage control time. I think the little inconsistencies in her demeanor were to show that she wasn't to be trusted and that poor hubby had a difficult time ahead of him. Also opened up the possibility of a continuation of the story after the baby turned out to have red hair and green eyes, just like old Stan. Or something else as glaringly obvious.

So, well done. I do hope that hubby gets his head out of his ass before it's too late, but I suspect not. Evidently some women are just so drop dead gorgeous that we as mere men can't bring ourselves to cut them loose no matter what they do. Still and all, good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Naive or Stupid?

I think this one should have this title.

Poor dude, married to the World's Ditziest Human.

Pretty funny, up until he takes her back. For now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
great comment 5/23/2016

To that commenter of 5/23/2016 OUTSTANDING finally a brief summary of conditions of a marriage and cheating/adultery. Yes, the lunches, dinners and everything else up to the day before departure for Vegas is cheating. Absolutely I agree. Now some will say what's the harm in a work lunch? Nothing if that is what it is. but once the admission of hand holding, kissing and yes I also agree with other comments, I believe there was more otherwise her wreck less disregard for the husbands feelings and the marriage as well, tells that one of those late dinners was not about a nice restaurant or menu. If the story expanded I am sure that would have been admitted and I doubt a happier ending. After all, why would the supervisor be dismissed oh wait, two other sexual harassment complaints? Really TWO! and they paid her not to file a lawsuit against them? I am glad this is a story, but, I don't see that happening in real life. Now if her admission was the fact that the working lunches and dinners on the payroll were at a cheap hotel and she could prove it, yes, otherwise what happened had not totally crossed any line, with just kissing and not on company time or property. In simple terms, she was not in fear of losing her job or being threatened at anytime, she simply went along for her enjoyment too. Their affair was mutual sadly to say and the stunt of using a coffin to bury the marriage license well it was already buried. What the company should have done is pay him as well, since it was his marriage and his home and other financial assets that would have taken a hit in the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

I have been banned but will still give a 5 to help offset the asshole of LIT, annony the old ugly fat fag who loves his wife fucking everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐…๐€๐“ ๐ƒ๐”๐Œ๐ ๐“๐‘๐€๐๐๐˜ ๐–๐‡๐Ž๐‘๐„โ„ข (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka ANON!

DrKenStoneDrKenStoneover 7 years ago
OK, Not so fast.

Were I the husband, I would thank the wife for her honesty, and then not say another thing.

Let her go on her trip. I would also start the divorce proceedings, order a dumpster (large trash can) and clean the house, removing all her crap. Tell her to take anything she wanted to keep with her before she left.

I would not waste time on long confusing heart felt discussions. She has already told me she does not know how she feels about me, her husband, their marriage and the new guy. We would be done, over, and finished. suck it up and move on.

There are 7 billion people on the earth and roughly one half are women. There is absolutely no reason wasting a minute on this idiot. But then, that is just me.

As a side note, what is this inane fight between readers that prompts story rating fights? Are there mental health issues here? Why did the writer get sucked into it, it looks bad to have this shit going on within this great site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
SHOULD HAVE LET THE SKANK BITCH GO

THEN WHILE AWAY...PACK ALL HER CLOTHES AND SUCH...PUT THEM IN STORAGE THEN GOT A GOOD DIVORCE LAWYER....AS WHO IS TO SAY SHE WONT DO IT AGAIN ONLY NOT TELL HIM NEXT TIME....ONCE A CHEAT...ALWAYS A CHEATING SLUT WHORE...WHO WILL DO ANYTHING TO SATISFY HER LUSTING...BETTER OFF WITHOUT SLUTS LIKE HER....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
PLEASE IT IS ONLY FICTION

PEOPLES this is LITEROTICA expect the unexpected! If you're looking for a goody two shoes story read MILLS&BOONE. OH I believe in reconciliation! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed it. Hopefully there's more in the pipeline

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Should Divorce Her

Next time she won't tell you she's going to cheat, she'll just do it. Divorce her before it's to late.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
SOme lessons come only with hard knocks

Hope her lesson was nailed down tight. :o)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
despite raac ending-which is fine

After only seven years, and in a wonderful marriage, she cheats on her husband. True no penetration but cheated nonetheless

A few more years down the road especially in her 40s she will be filled with same desires-need to do smething for her.

Doubt if at those times she will inform husband ahead of time.

People are capable of changing-low success rate-addiction can be overcome.

BUT SOMEONE'S BASIC CHARACTER IS UNCHANGEABLE

PUSH COMES TO SHOVE NATURE BEATS NUTURE 90PLUS PERENT OF THE TIME

SHE IS CHEATER T HEART. Her two weeks of lunches, a romantic dinner and kisses and petting indicate that. If instead of pressing for weekend, the predator hsd went the wsy of yet another dinner she would have given in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
always been so honest

She couldn't sneak off without telling him

Ugh

What about lunch everydy for two weeks and romantic dinner and all those makeout session

So much for alwys being honest

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
He had her in a tight corner

But then he blew it. Yes, she was back, but back within her own emotions without experiencing the true depth of emotions divorce would bring.

He failed to exercise any repercussion effects upon her, thus leaving her weak or susceptible to future infidelity.

All she felt was her shame etc. She deserved to feel her own pain, fine! But she also needed to experience his true pain and the overall repercussions pain. He was in a position to inflict that but didn't.

For both their sakes, he should have had her served and quite literally pushed her to to the depths of despair. Through this, she would have then experienced his pain (cos she was now being dumped) and repercussion pain. Once he felt she'd had enough, withdraw the divorce.

This would have frightened her out of considering infidelity ever again and absolutely reinforced her loyalty and commitment to him for all time.

It may sound cruel, but its not. Would either of them want to go through any of this shit again? No! Ok then, drive the point home to reinforce that position in both their interests for all time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Right on

A LW tale where the love actually kicked in and saved it from unrecoverable disaster.

Not a RAAC IMO because at &quot;any cost&quot; wasn't passed to me anyway. Damage was done but not necessarily a deal breaker for many.

Well laid out and the outcome was very plausible.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
A Thousand Years !

That's how long the narrator could have ' argued ' with his wife about " right and wrong " of her decision to take Vegas weekend sabatical with sleazy boss and suspend her vows ( in actuality : she's breaking the vows of course ). It was the coffin, that brought home to Ana the full ramifications of what that getaway would cost her. Words didn't matter, that symbol was what cleared the fog from her thinking.

Anybody who's perused' the 5 love languages', 'Men Are From Mars , Women from Venus ' knows this and hopefully utilizes it a fraction as well as callmesparky did ( (brilliantly ). I'm ready to check Amazon price-wise for toy coffin. Just in case. Excellent writing .

Full marks * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story.

Very entertaining. You are an excellent writer. I love the dialogue between them. Evoked a ton of emotion - the sign of very effective writing. Please keep writing. I love your mind !๐Ÿ˜„

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
hmmm

She decided to cheat.

She had an emotional affair.

She told her husband she was going to cheat and have sex all weekend.

Hmmm he forgives this?

She all but castrated the guy.

How could he ever trust her?

And wouldnt any guy wonder who the father of the baby was?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

yay, no wife being a slut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The really nice guy

Not enough revenge on the really nice guy . He'd have to be looking over his shoulder for years to come if I was Stan . As my ex's ex lover has had to do . Hit hard with an ironclad alibi . Wait for a year then hit again . Repeat this formula . Ed7c

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Prologue. NOUN: a separate introductory section of a literary or musical work:

synonyms: introduction ยท foreword ยท preface ยท preamble ยท prelude ยท intro ยท lead-in

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Oh HELL NO!

She has buried the marriage. Why would he trust her ever again? Does he really think she hasn't already slept with him? IS he really THAT stupid? Just divorce the bitch, sue her Company and move on. No way to trust her again. And the coffin bit? A cheap Halloween prop would have shattered the minute he tried to driver a ten penny nail into it. If she pulled it off the table it probably burst into pieces. And why did he come back the next day? Why not wait a day or two? Too many mistakes in this messy story.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 7 years ago
Mmmmm....

Seriously considering to prepare to rob a bank is not the same as in fact robbing the bank. Terrific story. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Really good reconciliation story, in my opinion. It can work when you don't have the wife dig a deep enough hole in that coffin. She deserves to be in the doghouse for sneaking around and kissing the guy, as well as for her plans. However, I think she ultimately deserves forgiveness for the rest of her actions, for being open to realizing her mistake before hammering that final nail in, and for not lying about it. I'd file this under a lesson learned. Well done, and thanks for the story.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent, well written story 5*

Clearly a betrayal but the makings of real remorse there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
ouch

Great writing.

In real life I am unsure a marriage could have survived what she did.

The fooling around maybe, although maybe not.

But the actual planning a trip for cheating and telling the husband and refusing to stop when he asked if he begged?

Nope I am sure in real life the marriage was over.

And the pregnancy? How could he not want a DNA test.

And worse how long till she cheats again, because what she did was cheating and an emotional affair at the least.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good story

As a fantasy tale is a good story. I love a good reconciliation story.

But as other commenter pointed out I'm no sure if in real life it would have been so easy to regain trust. She obviously crossed a line and was ready to cheat and when the remorse fades she might cheat again. She needs counseling and do some deep soul searching why she thought itwas okay to do that to her husband. Why she acted so selfishly? That things don't go away. I would keep a very close eye on her if i were the husband.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 7 years ago
Trust but verify...

Ok, she stopped. This a Time...but forever,ore she'll need watching...

grriz1grriz1almost 7 years ago
I liked

I like stories where there is more real life the typical BTB type stories. I enjoyed this short of yuors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Prologue

Prologue goes in front of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stupid plot!

When your wife comes up to you and tells you that she made a promise to fuck a guy from work, that's when you get a lawyer and divorce her ass! The husband's actions are unrealistic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous