All Comments on 'Kibeho'

by Wilfu1

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
bearsladybearsladyover 8 years ago

A short, sweet, hot (literally) interlude set against a backdrop of fear, pain and life/death.....you handled it well.

ojalalalaojalalalaover 5 years ago
Weighing horror against horror, he holds a decision...

...self-recrimination met unexpectedly with empathy, and together a reminder of humanity more basic to us than war -- then a smoke ("je veux seulement oublier, et depuis, je fume")

As a teenager I met 19-year-olds who came back from Vietnam as sergeants. I recognized them as dangerous because they'd killed, survived, been promoted, and led others in war, different from the kids/young adults I'd played with and been protected by at home. The older "warrior," who fights against pain and for compassion and healing -- a nurse, that was perfect.

Short is so much more difficult to do than long to communicate this much and so well. Thank you for sharing it.

DenaliFXDenaliFX7 months ago

Horrifying images, quick but expansive in their discomfort and repetition, give the despair a reality that makes the sexual coupling and release so gripping. A horrible nightmare yielding to passion is so well described here - la petite mort surrounded by death and terror. This is a great job. For me it is emotionally dangerous in its fascination.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous