All Comments on 'The Dubious Dictionary: Ca-Cd'

by MathGirl

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Using some of these words may get you slapped

Very interesting words and definitions, but I can't see the average reader of erotica getting turned on by them. But you never know. We have some strange people (including myself) out here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
possible additions and subractions

while you missed the cardiod shaped cardoon, tasty eating some say, and the opportunity to label the State of Union blather as "caddis" this was an above average cariole of carnally carp

MathGirlMathGirlabout 20 years agoAuthor
Words will get MG slapped?

Gosh, what words will get me slapped? I'll try to include more of those.

MG (Editor, Dubious Dictionary.)

gamma33gamma33about 20 years ago
Brain Trust

YOU MUST BE HAVING FUN THINKING UP ALL THESE DUBIOUS WORDS IN TOUR (SIC) DICTIONARY. OH WELL, IT DOES PASS THE TIME AWAY, DOESN'T IT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
More Calamanco!

I love the musicality of your "Calamanco!" It will be in my vocabulary forever.

When you get to words that begin with I, consider the nonsense word:

INSECOROUS -- if it existed, its Latin roots would mean "that which cannot be saved"

Examples: "That's awfully insecorous." "I don't want you to become insecorous, but..."

"You really are quite insecorous, aren't you?"

The term sounds like an insult but, after hundreds of trials, not once have I been asked to explain or define it. You may find folks reacting differently. Still, as a delightfully small package, I hope you are quick.

I once lead a team to build a series of guides to a huge collection of information. We did the usual computer information retrieval things, but our most celebrated output was a little product that ordered information by ?rare data first.? Your Arcane Dictionary could become something similar, a linguistic spice-rack of rare words where a tiny smidgen of onomatopoetic sounds and rhythms might help deepen the music of written words.

I look forward to the rest of your Arcane Dictionary. Please don?t give it up, even when it becomes quite a slog.

DM - PHX, AZ

hotjujuluhotjujulualmost 8 years ago
Too f'n Funny!

Very creative. I must say though (tongue in cheek), pronunciation was difficult with some. I read aloud the funniest for my husband to enjoy, but lost his interest while trying to sound out the word. lol!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous