All Comments on 'Bound in Spirals Ch. 13'

by DistortedSense

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
KJay15KJay15over 8 years ago
Started off so good.

The beginning of this chapter was a refreshing change of pace, Sam cleared his head a bit and even stood up for himself against the elf. Then he totally flipped out again at the end, but as it is written in this chapter "Buddy, you thought insanity just up and walks away when we admit you're not right in the head?" that actually makes a lot of sense, I suppose it would be like an addiction of some sort, you can't just stop or turn it off. Thank you DistortedSense for beginning the road to recovery for Sam.

K Jay

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Frustration

I am not enjoying this story. Yet, like viewing an automobile accident I can't seem to look away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
you aren't?

you say you aren't a sadist?

but i seriously think you are one..

SW

ToadenToadenover 8 years ago
Lol!

You aren't a sadist and this isn't a train wreck of a story by any means. I've been following this story from the beginning and have loved every word! You have delivered quite an interesting tale, even without the sex that was promised 5 chapters ago or so. You are touching on a lot of different facets of what people face every day, it goes against the norm of what most people read, and quite possibly is making some squirm uncomfortably. I'm loving it, but I think I'm crazy lol! I'd offer to edit but my PC died tonight, so I'm stuck with my phone again. I really like how you are healing Sam, while at the same time digging deeper into his insanity. Just like kjay said, I wanna see Sam all right in the end. We all want the happy ending, but it's a little crazy getting there you know?(I love puns!) Keep the good work coming, I'm still reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good but....

Good story so far but the many drawn out black outs and insecurities are getting a bit tiresome... Liked the first few chapters better....

We'll see where it goes...

CK

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This story was interesting before.

In the beginning I thought this story would be cool to read. But now I have to say that I'm not really that into it any more. The guy who is supposed to be the hero of the story is an absolute goddamn loon. He can't keep his head straight for two minutes without having a fucking spaz attack. I think this is we're I'm going to stop reading this story it's not that cool any more.

SynapsisSynapsisover 8 years ago
Like others, I'm tired of the insanity

I used to really look forward to the next chapter, but I'm getting tired of the insanity for two reasons. Firstly, the crippling social and mental states are very taxing to read over so many chapters. Secondly, the depths of his insanity seemed to have only developed after a time of being in this world. If he really had these panic attacks and obvious PTSD symptoms, he'd probably be in serious therapy before he left Earth. Maybe wrap up his sanity soon?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Insanity!

Hope the insanity is cured soon as its realy spoiling an otherwise exclent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"Lord Foul's Bane" meets "Fight Club" ?

I am liking this. I think that the only reason someone might find this frustrating is the episodic nature of the format. When the story is complete, I suspect it will be a page turner that readers will not put down.

Ken_AddamsKen_Addamsover 8 years ago
Keep the madness!!

The insanity aspect is definitely not pretty, but it's a very refreshing aspect for a hero to have and it absolutely shouldn't be cured too easily, if at all.

DistortedSenseDistortedSenseover 8 years agoAuthor
Response to comments

I'm very grateful for all of your thoughtful comments! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to respond to them in a timely fashion due to a recent bout of depression I fell into. I'm still struggling with it a bit, but I'll try to address a few of the concerns you've expressed.

The main complaint has been with Sam's struggle with insanity. I would like to first say that I understand where you are coming from when you say it has become tiresome. Frankly, I haven't been happy with how the last couple chapters have come out, I feel like some parts strayed from the atmosphere I'd been cultivating up to that point. I also feel that the main part of my dissatisfaction is how long Sam spent traveling in the forest, but I also feel that there is much that could be refined/refocused as far as plot goes. I started to notice this on my own while still writing chapter 13 back in early December, but at that point, I had already written most of that portion. However, I would like to say that I've been much more satisfied with how chapters 14 and 15 are coming out. For those of you who are annoyed by the insanity, I will say that it isn't going away, but it will be more subdued from now on(particularly ch. 15+). Obviously, Sam's internal struggles are a major plot point so it won't just disappear, but I'm trying to make it less nonsensical.

I want to clarify that my original goal for the ending of this story has not changed, nor will any of the major events. I believe in listening to feedback, but not taking it for gospel. I have a story to tell, and I won't let the integrity of that fall because I want to please you guys. Don't get me wrong, I do listen to what you guys have to say and I definitely take it to heart, but like in earlier chapters where people complained of Sam's 'wimpiness', I don't intend to change it too much.

Anyways, I hope that will help to alleviate some of your worries. I had more I wanted to say, but I sorta forgot what it was. As always, I hope you'll stick with me through this part as I get this adventure back on track!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What happened to CH 14?

I see ch 13 posted and ch 15 is at 8K what happened to ch 14?

SpinletSpinletabout 8 years ago
the insanity thing suck !

man pls enough of the black out and insanity its spoiling the story real bad

bitbucket1bitbucket1about 8 years ago
Less of the breakdown please

I 've been enjoying this but the focus on the breakdown makes it less interesting to me. I'mnot suggesting to skip it, but it's getting to the point where's that is all the story is about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Stupidity at max

Try to make the hero at least more of a person then a stupid abuse kid.. obviously this character was based on your stupid way to lengthen your story foolish and fucking weak always the same hopeless bitch the hero get into stupid trauma...

Brandon11Brandon11almost 2 years ago

This is getting tedious with the reluctant hero losing his mind all the time and forgetting where he is.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDistortedSense@DistortedSense
227 Followers
Read the rest of Bound in Spirals book one @ wattpad.com/distortedsense ! If you want to support me and check out my new writing you can find it available publicly there as well as on my Patreon account where I post new chapters a month early @ patreon.com/distortedsense ! Tha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES