All Comments on 'An Old Coach Remembers'

by Jeff_Thomas

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful Story

I really enjoyed your story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing your special time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I am a Tim

As I read thru this story, my memories erupted of being picked last (or 2nd to last) when we formed teams in PE class. I don't have great hand-eye coordination, so either struck out or drove it straight to an infielder. I'm glad the boys learned from their coach that it is a team sport, and am happy they didn't take out any frustration from losing on Tim (though some parents did). Because while everyone enjoys winning, it's really the friends and memories that last the lifetime, not the results of individual games. (That being said, I know of parents who behave just as Dad Morrison did - imagine the pressure they put on their kids to win - sad). I hope their kids learn better and don't act as their parents did when they have children. Coach wasn't the only one who got something in his eye. Well done!

luv2read2

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
every parent

every coach

every player

everyone

should read this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I was

for years a basketball referee. My son was 6'4" as a Freshman in high school.

I had told him to play basketball because he enjoyed it, not to please me. He said he was not going to play his sophomore year. He said he could be first team on the math team or second team on the basketball team. Now 25 years later, he still plays in a rec league at his company.

In a grade school youth league he had been coached by a ex-college ballplayer who went an entire season and never said a word about or to the refs. Never was anything but positive. Every kid should have that experience once in their life. And every father too to see that kind of positive leadership.

Your story brought back memories, thank you.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Perfect story for the start

of spring training.

one of the best.

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

*****That's a winner. Thanks for for sharing. CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WINS!!! 2016 Champs!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

I wish I had a coach like the narrator!

5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thanks for the read

Only thing missing was after the game a unicorn picking Tim up and flying over the rainbow to juliard

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJeff_Thomas@Jeff_Thomas
29 Followers
just an old man enjoying life.