All Comments on '100 In The Shade'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
A polyglot of conflicting emotions!

I am biased against father and daughter stories because there's a power imbalance with respective characters' emotional maturity , physical strength and economic ability. The initial tryst had all these hallmarks. Early was a borderline abusive father even before carnal aspect came into play. But the skilled author crossed me up and he mellowed out in credible way.

The historical Louisiana backdrop enriched the story. Loved , as per ever, the Creole dialect that Jimbob44 has his characters converse in. The hard work contrasted with hard play. Excellent supporting scenes with priest and getting offspring legitimacy , Early towing out Lawmen, the vivid bank robbery. This author's talent and ability to get me to emphasize with his characters even as they execute dicey ploys is non-parlreil .

Full marks. * * * * *

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayabout 8 years ago
Lucky

I got past the first page, no way I'm going to read six pages of this garbage.

JBOATJBOATabout 8 years ago
Wonderful Tale

The author captures the time and place rather well. So what if the story is about fictional father/daughter incest, it was placed in that category. Editing of the dialog would be a mistake. By mentally saying aloud the dialog and perfecting the phrasing, the reader can make perfect sense of this lusty tale.

ThitabeThitabeabout 8 years ago
Great story

I personally think you did a great job and I would read more of your stories in the future.

Badbadman1965Badbadman1965about 8 years ago
Excellent tale of depression hit Louisiana

I adored the dialect ridden speech and cameo appearances of the minor characters, but the jewel was the interaction of the 3 main protagonists in this "heated" tale. The strong, possessive father fitted his time and place perfectly and his behaviour towards his girls was a window into times gone by. It became a heartwarming tale of how a family stays together through adversity.

The rivalry between the 2 sisters was perfectly portrayed, especially in seeking the favours of their father, which helps make the story more believable. I feel sorry for those who have skipped this story because they judge the behaviour by today's standards; cannot take the time to understand the excellently worded script or feel that there is a power imbalance in the relationship between adults who have a familiaral tie, as they have missed an absolute gem. I hope this author writes many more tales in this category.

thecajunthecajunabout 8 years ago
Around Home.

I am a Cajun from Breaux Bridge La, I thought your story was awesome.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 8 years ago
Excellent story!

Thanks for sharing a great read.

jme51usajme51usaabout 8 years ago
Great Family Store

Thank U for the lovely Family Story. U did a very fine job of entertaining me with this story and no I do not think U need an Editor. Jamey Monroe

thebug37thebug37about 8 years ago
Family Love

FIVE STARS ! Terrific reading and more importantly, you quelled the need to see complaints from people who only wish to complain about a misspelled word, a comma or period, whatever those who don't read for pleasure, but find a means to complain. Great story and the life of Early was captured in real-life. Keep up your writings.

kris10ekris10eabout 8 years ago
I DO DECLARE....

This here was such a wonderful read....see I'm still speaking like them. Lol

I enjoyed your use of grammar change and the story was well thought out. You could true make two stories out of this one. I enjoyed the skipping from one sister to the other, and a loved the jealousy from Polly. It gave it realism. I was expecting the girls to experiment with one another as well.. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loads of fun!

This was one of those stories where I was expecting one thing when I started reading it and wound up with something totally different! Truly wonderful and highly entertaining! ;). ...though I have to admit I got totally lost with all the kids at the end! Hehehe!

...did stump me once though, the comment about the sears roebuck catalog, lol!

Thanks much for writing!! :)

gunmakergunmakerover 7 years ago

Another fine story.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 7 years ago
This a great story yeah

The heat.

DieAlteRomantischeDieAlteRomantischealmost 7 years ago
A treat for ears

of a Yankee sailor plunked down in New Iberia in 1961 when the Naval Auxiliary Air Station was active. Our landlord, Mr. Theriot, was my CSL (Cajun as a Second Language) teacher, although he insisted he was a Coonass. Summer of 62 New Iberia set a record, 13 straight days temp > 100° humidity > 90% (went down to 80°/98% at night). Of course that winter set another record, 12° two mornings in a row; we were the only family with water because as a Montana boy I knew to leave the faucets trickling. Jeanne told me she had a line of neighbors with buckets all day long while I was at work on the base. And I can't forget the night I was called to drag a fellow sailor out of Mama Mouton's Bar and etc. (some of those etc. were fairly pretty, I'm told) because Tom was too drunk to drive and had given my number to the barkeep.

You paint an indelible picture of people doing what they had to do to survive and glean some happiness during a tough time in an ofttimes oppressive and difficult place. These are good people with flaws, as we all should strive to be. Thank you for letting us get to know them somewhat better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ooooo wheeee

I could hear 'dis, 'dat, and duh udder 'dang! Lol 'Dis story sure is plush!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
ther business

Who carried on the moonshine business? Surely the daughters and then one of their sons would have.

TakeALittleTimeTakeALittleTimealmost 6 years ago
So many red heads in your stories.

I'm becoming curious about how many red heads there are in the Bender, Kimble and DeGarde area of Louisiana. The same goes fro Oak View, Texas.

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkabout 5 years ago
prohibition

prohibition Was only 13 years. 1920 - 1933

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You need no editor

Screw `dat, Bub, you doin' jes' fine on yer lonesome!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just wrong

You are just flat out wrong.... I think you did a wonderful job on this. Keep up the great work!

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago

Suck? Ah hell no! Your feel for characters and people's personalities is incredible.

octabrainoctabrainover 4 years ago

You is write the most awesome stories yeah. Thank ya!

KBeaufortKBeaufortover 4 years ago
Meche’s!!

I love me some Meche’s donuts!! I grew up there. I love your story. Sounds just like home!! Write to you hearts content!

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago

JB44, I told ya a million times not to exaggerate about the size of dem fish down there! At least my 2nd read, and I still love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Che you crazy!

Having lived a good bit in Lafayette, and having had me some Meche's, this story was like I was back home. You keep doing you!

winterplayingwinterplayingover 3 years ago

Great little story!

I absolutely loved reading this. I do not think it was too long. Or too many characters!!!! I chuckled throughout and laughed out loud at the end. It was sweet, steamy (ha ha) and kinda sad. I will read this again I liked it so much.I am looking forward to reading another of your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Reminds me of Back Home

I love your story. It was great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good

Don’t beat yourself up, you’re a good story teller. Being a southerner of 78 years I relate to the times you write about.

Islandchef52Islandchef52over 2 years ago

Great stry, not hard to follow. I liked your attention to detail, felt like I could feel the brutal August heat! I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

blackknight314blackknight314almost 2 years ago

Good job, thanks for sharing your work! I loved your use of dialect, yeah,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This one was a bit too matter-of-fact for me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was like a train wreck that I couldn't stop reading.

Don4poonDon4poonabout 1 month ago

I thought your story was well written. It’s your thoughts that counts.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5083 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.