All Comments on 'Soul Mates'

by payenbrant

Sort by:
  • 227 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Absolutly lovely

This is for sure the most beautiful love story I ever read. It's all about the idea that we don't have to wait for fate, but that we can choose, that we can work on it to make it work, that it's all in our hands whom we love and how it works out. Finding our soul mate is not about luck but about our own doings. I love it.

Your Lynx

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
What we all want

In a world of change and turmoil, we all want that person, that one person, that one best friend that we can trust with our heart and our life. Hard to find and hard to keep a bond between two people in this life filled with fears and desires.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great read

Beautiful story. Wish more loves and marriages had such commitment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
3*s

Nice story.

Smoothly flowing dialogue. Very well written action scene, at the pub/bar.

Not enough character development. No real feel or connection with Jim, his wife, nor even the beta wolfman Fred. With more information about the wolf pack lifestyle, more character development, you would have been able to offer greater contrast with human life. This would allow more emotional impact with your ending. As it stands it really felt like a Lifetime cable movie,lol!

Payenbrant you received high marks for your stories set in Fantasy/Science fiction and your Incest story. Great, but the crowd in Loving Wives are much more critical. Even unfairly cruel with their comments.

I award you 3*s. Keep writing and the stories will improve.

Thank for the read.

AMerryman

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 8 years ago
A rare treat.

Thank You for this story.

There are so few examples here of love described (and lived!) like this.

Yes, you skipped a bunch of things, but the essential elements of the story were all there, and were perhaps all that were truly needed.

Nicely done!

So let me try to summarize the moral lesson here (also a rare thing in LW stories): We are more than our desires limit us to being...if we wish to be, and work to be.

Excellent! ...and almost scriptural too.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 8 years agoAuthor
Hello Merryman!

I actually thought about fleshing the characters out more....but then the story would have been much MUCH longer. Also I wanted to be different and not follow the regular pattern of "Name, measurements, and We met at this time and then something happened."

But I see your point. This was just fun for me, a concept bouncing around in my head. I hope you got a chuckle out of it even if it seemed like a Lifetime movie. =-)

Sincerely,

Payenbrant.

bearsladybearsladyover 8 years ago

This is beautiful and the true meaning of a 'loving wives'....or a 'loving spouse'. We, as humans, choose who we date, love and marry. We also choose, or not, to work through the problems or issues in a marriage. To often nowadays, we choose based on how hot the person is, what they have or who we want them to be. When problems arise or someone 'better' comes along, it becomes easy to get rid of the old and bring in the new.

Jim and Beth show what a loving marriage should be. You allow the other person to change and grow. You support, respect and most importantly, talk. Beth doesn't make her decision based on the physical pull she feels. She takes the time to think. And makes her decision based on what she knows to be true, not what she thinks could be true.

I enjoy a well done werewolf story as much as the next person. But I also believe the soul mate idea arises from everyone's desire to have that one person who loves us no matter what and will never leave. The soul mate idea absolves us of the responsibility to put in the effort and dedication to make a real relationship work because they have to stay, regardless of how good or bad it is.

Off my soapbox now....:-)

This is a perfect Valentine's day story and a wonderful way to start my day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
He bought em a round of drinks for leering at his wife

Despite denial on location, we know you're a pantyboy brit.Too bad ,we didnt let the Germans have you.Dislocated the werewolves thumb and shot him with a pellet gun? Oh my,what a brute!A male Brit writing the words alpha or even beta is a side splitter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This really could have been executed in a much more silly way.....

But you managed to keep it thoughtful and flowing. The concept being so far from "reality" might lend itself to using cartoonish characterizations, but I really enjoyed how you avoided that. Despite the obvious nods to a book/movie series I have heard of but wasn't personally familiar with, I managed to enjoy this even if there WAS an inside joke or two that I probably missed. A few of the notorious commenters here in LW will tell you the category choice was wrong, but at its core, this really is LW story all the way! And if you HAD put this elsewhere, I wouldn't have read it. So I have to thank you sincerely for taking a chance in this category. This was different enough to shake up the status quo around here, and I hope you continue to contribute thoughtful stories of this caliber about complicated marital issues, and how they manage to get resolved. No LW reader can ask for anymore than that.

Bravo! Great Work! And a promise to check out more of your stuff in the future!

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you

It would make a great hallmark or lifetime movie

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow

One of the best I have read in a while

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Jim is really a sparkly vampire

Right? I knew it.

Sidney43Sidney43over 8 years ago

A really well written story, good dialog and nicely developed characters that I could care about. You definitely picked the correct category, five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Waste of time

Werewolves and vampires and dungeons and dragons. Reality check - wrong category and a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wrong Category

I'm pretty sure this belongs in the "Twilight" category. No pre-teen girls reading LW. Stupid story that belongs in Fantasy. Just sappy and weird. Nothing good about this. Stopped reading as soon as "Werewolf" became clear.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
if sidney43

had an idea or opinion that i agreed with it would world ending, while i found the story well told it is in the wrong genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well done

What's wrong with it being in loving wives? It's a true 'feel good ' story.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 8 years agoAuthor
The last Anonymous who said the thing about agreeing with Sydney. ..

Wish I could number anonymous comments with "1,2,3's" so I could keep track of you all. Anyway...yeah. I know. Wrong category? That's why I asked a bunch of other who read it for advice.. All the peripheral stuff made me not sure where to put it. But since the central theme of the story is what it is...? I agreed to put it here. But I LOVE all the differing views. I am very happy people liked it. Also very happy people dislike it as well, because if everyone liked it then something has gone wrong in the world!

Payenbrant

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
Shit, that was good, real good

I dont even like this fantasy werewolf stuff that was so popular several years ago, but you came up with a good one. Nice job.

Lo_PanLo_Panover 8 years ago
Skipped.....

I read the first half of page one, then skipped the bullshit in between there and the end. 'Nuff said?'

LamwayLamwayover 8 years ago
Well this is a breath of fresh air

The only people who tell you it is in the wrong category are those who want wives fucking other people and those who want to get outraged by the same thing. This was well done, well done indeed.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Wow, I have to say that the way this story

played out really surprised me. I thought for sure, since it was in this new LW cuck category, that it was going to be that she left the miserable "human" behind for at least an exploratory romp. But she didn't and even though she felt a strong attraction she held to her beliefs and her commitment to her husband. Yep, surprised and pleased, for sure.

I think it was well written and well thought out. The husband was not a wimp, even though he thought himself a coward for "listening" in on the meeting. Thank you for sharing this story. By the way, the controversial bar scene where he bought them drinks and then told them to leave well enough alone and to quit staring at his wife was well played. No need to be rude in the beginning, just direct and leaving no misunderstanding in place. Leave her alone, end of story. Then, as in the story, if they refused to listen, kick ass and take names. Fuck a bunch of werewolves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@darksmile

Read the description of Loving Wives asshole. So sick of you religious moralistic fucktards coming to this section for free therapy. No one cares about your views on what a marriage is supposed to be. We come here to be entertained.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wish I could vote a 10

It is the correct category as it is a true LOVING WIFE. I am not much (any at all) into werewolf's but the story itself was well written and held me to the very end. Again I say GREAT JOB!

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 8 years ago
Outfuckingstanding!!!

Finally! A wonderful true loving wife story that belongs in this category. There continue to be so few of them. Pls write some more like this. Ur ratings are so high with ur other work. I'm confident u can do it. U would make us readers very happy. Lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
FANTASTIC WRITING

Fanf......tastic story, the best in a long time, both writing, story and overall are in a class of it's own

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
This is a beautiful story, but it is in the wrong category

I know that most of you would love for this to be in the proper category because it is a love story, but it I have to agree with the naysayers about it's place here. It doesn't fit the description of the category guidelines. It is more of a romance or a sci fi than loving wives story.

I know that many here wish they could change the webmaster's description to fit what they feel this category should be about, but that is not your choice. So no matter what you feel, the truth of the matter is that this wonderful story should've been placed somewhere else.

This comment is coming from a person who does not like or dislike wife sharing. It is just my view based on the parameters of the sections as I understand them to be.

I am torn between giving this story a 5 for it's content and a 1 for being in the wrong category. So I met in the middle with a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Refreshing

Great story!

Although I enjoy all of this authors stories.. this was an unsuspecting mix of lore and reality that puts each reader in thier own reality.. we all have the same types of everyday interactions.

This story makes us second guess those shifty people we've seen and encountered. One gets the feeling that all around us could indeed be other worldly creature roaming the earth under our radar.

Keep up the intriguing journeys you take us on. Loved it :-》

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 8 years ago
Fantsy with a Real Life Meaning

Although this outstanding story has supernatural content, it has a very real world message to us. Think about relationships and what they really mean and not be distracted with the superficial fleeting passion of the moment. Beth had this intense physical attraction to Fred, but somehow overcame that to realize the real meaning of the love she shared with Jim. The "fact" that Fred was a 'werewolf" was incidental to the story - he could just as easily have been a very handsome lothario preying on vulnerable women. The concept of choosing who you love and working at maintaining the relationship was refreshing and a good lesson to all of us. This author has a fine sense of who people are and I do hope more is coming. Loving Wives indeed! Clearly 5*

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 8 years ago
Absodamnlutely Great

For a page or two I thought this would be just another cheating wife story but you fooled me. I was prepared to dislike the story when she went with Freddie, then, she didn't. This is truly a loving wife tale. Full of love, trust, and respect for the mate. I almost never like supernatural stories but this one combined everything perfectly.

qhml1qhml1over 8 years ago
One Size Fits All

No, it doesn't. Only fools believe this. As one who is constantly being told whatever I write is in the wrong category, I have this word of advice. Ignore it. If you feel this is where it belongs, this is where it needs to be.

There is a segment of readers here who have a limited view as to how a story should go. Some want to burn the bitch to the ground, are are upset when you don't. Others give you all kind of grief if you don't reconcile them. You'll in turn be too soft, too hard, a wimp, too violent, etc.

There is another segment, that hopefully includes me, who likes a story that makes them think. Could I do that? Would I have done this? We're all products of our upbringing and life experiences, that colors how we think and react to any given situation.

Oh, and I thought it was pretty good. Keep writing.

Q

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good writing!

It lost 1 star because of the simpleton plot of werewolf (sorry these kind of stories are just for my nice but not very smart niece). It was well written and could have been a very good romatic story if you had weaved it between simple human beings.

TexasBBTexasBBover 8 years ago
Very Well Done

Wonderful story about what true love really is. I enjoyed the unusual twist that you threw in that made the story more interesting by contrasting what she would have either way she decided. Nice to see a LW story emphasize the Loving for a change.

Looking forward to more of your submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pretty Good! 5 *s

Well-written. To me, it is thematically similar to Tuck Everlasting. It also reminds me of these lines written by Ursula LeGuin, from her Earthsea trilogy:

Only in silence the word,

Only in darkness the light,

Only in dying life.

Bright is the hawk's flight

On the empty sky.

(from "The Creation of Ea")

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What......

Qhml said. 5* when a writer keeps my interest and gets a tear.Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Werewolves, vampires, Peter Pan

I thought this was an adult site. Apparently, qhml1 is a ten year old girl too. I thought he was an old man. Keep the pixie dust in the weird, non-human shit.

Lex1Lex1over 8 years ago
I wonder

If Qhml's logic applies when the husband in the story sucks a dick or takes it up the ass as part of his and his wife's sex games.

I'm willing to bet not. The mass cry for it to go in Gay Male would be deafening. The hypocrisy of this section is astounding.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
It is obvious that Laurel is allergic to wives that actually love...

And the name of the hub is sadly cynical... like most of the offerings on literotica in which women are reduced to chattel or man hating harpies and are ever so predictable.

Of course most of that mindset is written in stories on this site by men or men who do not want to be men and have no idea of the very real differences between the sexes.

Yes, we have some women writers who seem consumed and victimized by their perception of inequality of the sexes and struggle with the old trope of women living in a man's world where they somehow want to be like men. Those who are constantly beating the drum of hypocrisy that men get to get away with stuff that women can't. I suspect that most readers in LW at least don't justify betrayal and deceit on the part of men either. Why, for goodness sakes, would any woman want to be the same as any man and to have the same base lusts, selfishness, and mindlessness portrayed by so many of the man haters here?

Now to the story. It is an engaging and thought provoking piece with well drawn characters and almost real reactions. I was rapt. It belongs in loving wives or it could go in non-human or sci-fy, or even romance. But in any of those categories it's top drawer writing and worthy of highest marks.

I suspect that most of those complaining about category are into the willing cuck, sadism, masochism, humiliation, and total capitulation to those psychoses (which can not be fixed by therapy) that has oozed into Loving Wives over the past few months. Why are they perfectly ok with posting that fetish or gay stuff in LW and then bitch about this?

Thank you for a fine tale. Kudos

magmamanmagmamanover 8 years ago
Three times through

You caused me to spend one heck of a lot of time this morning with this one. I have to concede it takes some thought. Loving wives? Maybe. Fantasy, romance, all tied into one, well written to boot. Then add in.. strange?

What's not to like?

Bit of a waste of genuine talent for a site like this one, sad that some can't appreciate the thoughts and work that goes into it.

Thanks!

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great tale. Should have been in Non Human though.

Payenbrant you are obviously a Author of great talent, loved this tale but I'm afraid I'm going to have to say it probably should have been in Non Human category.

Now that you've stuck your toe in the roiling L.W. category , please write us a great , true LW story since you have a great way of spinning a yarn !

Qhml1 has enough street cred on this site to say what ever the hell he wants to ! He is far and away the best LW author that we have still posting on this site , so everyone giving him grief , why don't you pen a story that can stand beside his offerings ! 4*'s

Cpprcrk

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Actually a Loving Wife Story that was entertaining and created emotion.

After reading so many loving bitches stories here... this one was outstanding. Most of the stories here have nothing to do about love... let alone loving wives. I did not realize it was a story with non humans until I got into it... by then it did not matter the story held my attention.

I liked the characters. I am giving it a 5

jasonnhjasonnhover 8 years ago
Outstanding

To me, it's in the perfect category. As a wife, she faces the same choice that all the wives in "Loving Wives" face, whether to be true to her husband. She feels the same pull of the "other guy" that is "more exciting", has a big dick, sweet talks her, is rich, etc. She physically responds to that pull. And yet...she makes the choice to stay true to the commitment to her husband, like all wives (and husbands) should.

She recognizes the effort she and her husband have put into building their relationship and she values that greatly. She also looks at the opportunity to continue building and adapting to their growth as individuals and a couple and desires that.

And even at the end, facing death, she reaffirms her choice once again. How easy it would have been to turn from her dead husband and now take the road not traveled then. But to her, the journey with her husband was not ended. It was eternal.

Loving and beautiful. Wow!

Lex1Lex1over 8 years ago
Have another comment

People on this site question Laurel and her morals based on this section alone, but forget that there are sections dedicated to loving couples. Two in fact. I bet most of you don't venture out of this section, as it serves a purpose for you other than reading for entertainment. You guys should really try it. When I want a story that makes me feel good about love, I go there. When I want a story about cheating and betrayal, I come here. When I want a story about supernatural beings, there is a section for that too.

It's all entertainment people. That is why this site is split up into sections. Something for everybody. Stop trying to make chicken taste like steak.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
@Lex1 I didn't question Laurel's morals

and stand by my opinion that to name a hub "Loving Wives" when the wives are not loving at all is cynical

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 8 years ago
Re: The "can't believe the stupid fucks... Anon!

To the intellectual giant who wrote this outstanding comment: Maybe you would like to tell us poor hacks just what you consider to be an erotic story, if you know yourself. If you were to contact one of us through our Bio page, with an outline or brief sketch, I feel sure some of us would write it for you. (Or have you already written such a story and for some reason have yet to reveal it to the masses?)

Anyway, until you do, you will be considered one of those poor souls who’d rather cuss the darkness than bother to light a match.

To the author: This is one of the best stories I’ve found on this site, and is right up there with stories that sold for a hell of a lot of money. I gave you a five, only because a ten isn’t available.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
0 stars!

Stupid, not even close to a good story!

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
5 stars since annony didn't like the story it must be a good one

This fool hates all LW stories because they remind him of his ex wife. Eat shit annony!!

ejsathomeejsathomeover 8 years ago
Loved it . . .

Loved it. Quite unexpectedly sensitive and sweet, and very well written. Thank you.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 8 years ago
Thank You

The only word that comes to my mind is "Outstanding!". Thank you for sharing this one.

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
Yes, could have been in any number of categories

Romance, non-human, erotic horror. But putting it in LW provided added tension, because we are predisposed to expect the wife to cheat, even if she does eventually stay with her husband.

I think Jim made the right choice, and not just because he wanted Beth to have the choice; he knew that going any other way would leave a cloud of uncertainty over them that could eventually tear them apart. And Beth also made the right choice, not just for her marriage, but for herself and her future freedom to continue to make her own choices.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
5

for effort and content and to say fuck you annony you asshole

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
WonderfulI

I was afraid she would go with Frederick once Jim died, I'm glad she didn't!

And it was very sweet of Frederick to enable her to die with Jim in her arms.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very, very different for a LW story

Clearly a very different type of story for LW but indeed she was a loving wife who made a decision based on what and how she felt.

I loved it!

Tiny Tim

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
Not LW**

Did not like. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it

gave it 5*, but I think it should have been in the Romance category.

AzpiriAzpiriover 8 years ago
Thank You

This was an interesting read. Some say it should be in romance, but I think you picked the right genre. It was good to see the wife understand choosing / fighting for true love versus being spoon fed "love".

In a way, I thought you were going to use the parable of "There are two wolves in every man. One good, one evil. They are constantly fighting one another. The winner is whichever one you choose to feed." Though, in this case, two loves - Jim or Fred. She chose to feed Jim's love.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Very Good, but wrong category

Non-Human is the elephant in the room (sorry, couldn't help that!)

In the weeks before Hubby & Sweetie had their heart2heart talk there was an aspect which was ultimately ignored. Part of the flip-flop was demonstrated when Hubby asked about Sweetie's possible financial future!

Wolf coulda, honestly (according to how Sweetie was reacting to having been in contact with Wolf) told Hubby, at the garage, that Sweetie was denying Hubby something - somehing she could never give him. But, something that she would have with Wolf, AND that it would be transcendent for her. Hubby and she had already recognized and acknowledged that something like that was not just possible, but also likely. In essence "Please don't be selfish and try to keep her from living the destiny that she can feel in her bones!". That same concept, reworded, should have been emphasized by Wolf to Sweetie.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it...

I would love to see a story featuring Fred years afterwards as a side character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
choice of category is fine

like a lot of stories it could go in various ones - interesting and fun read

gordo12gordo12over 8 years ago
Wow

Gave it a 5 and the category wasn't really LW but what the hell. Forgiveness is divine :-)

chiefcj46chiefcj46over 8 years ago
I disagree....

It truly does belong in LW ! This is a story of an unselfish, loving wife. One of the most wonderful stories I have read. Thank you

gordo12gordo12over 8 years ago
@chiefcj46 & others

The site defines LW as "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing..." the "Soul Mates" story does not belong in that category. Romantic or Non-human would have been better category choices.

It is an excellent story but it is CLEARLY not a LW story. That being said I marked it on writing and plot and ignored the category choice. (I don't usually)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
That's an interesting change of pace ,loved it.

No BTB . True love , wins . Till death do us part. Yea! A home run . Thank you for a wonderful story.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
LOL those who insist that the subhead defines the category

Yet it is called LOVING wives.

"loving

[luhv-ing]

adjective

1. feeling or showing love; warmly affectionate; fond: loving glances.

Origin of loving before 1000; Middle English lovyng; replacing Middle English lovende, Old English lufiende. See love, -ing"

So Laurel's incredibly cynical deviation from the above is ok but folks hang on the sub? And how many of those decrying the fact that actual loving, by the definition above, are eager to embrace stories of paraphilia and cock sucking as belonging in the category when there or specific categories provided. How many who get off on sadism, masochism, and humiliation don't see that BDSM or non-consent would be the correct categories?

Ya'll are straining on a gnat and choking on a camel. There is a wife in this story who faces the same decisions as the betrayers and deceivers in other stories face yet she decides to "love" as in "loving" wives and not succumb to her baser qualities and remain true to her commitments. And this doesn't belong here?

Extramarital fun for whom, certainly not the betrayed party unless they are the willing cuck type who embraces their own humiliation- FETISH or who are really gay and can hardly wait to slurp down some man juice.

What a cynical and sad lot.

This story is about a LOVING WIFE (which coincides with the Main title of the hub). It is well written and could have been published in several categories, including Loving Wives, even if it comes under the subhead "and more."

You arguments would be far more credible if you put the same logic to the FETISH, GAY, Non-CONSENT, BDSM stuff that oozes in here to either stir the pot or to gain more eyeballs because the audience in the the other categories are so small. Check the scores, which give a very good indication of the stories that are appreciated by the readership of Loving Wives.

drdetroit019drdetroit019over 8 years ago
I expected to hate this, but . .

Well-written and I was pleased and enthralled with the characters. Jim was a true hero.

Lex1Lex1over 8 years ago
@palewriter

Dude, we get it. You believe in love. God damn. Please get a life.

BTW, the loving wives title is meant to be ironic, not cynical. Anyways, who gives a fuck about the title? So, if she called it "Cheating Sluts" then it would be okay? Description says what it is supposed to be about. Why do people in this section constantly debate about this? None of the other sections do.

c24jc24jover 8 years ago
Wonderful

Superb !! I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
pity poor palecuck - shame and denial are powerful drugs

Only a retard would think they knew better than the people who made the site what the category definitions stand for - Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more.

More likely just the shame and denial of a run-of-the-mill closet cuckold.

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
Come on, palewriter

As I recall, even you have made comments on the invalidity of the voting system.

You now say "Check the scores, which give a very good indication of the stories that are appreciated by the readership of Loving Wives."

I suggest that it's not so much a matter of the "stories that are appreciated". but of the stories that have not attracted the usual spate of one-bombing from the moral brigade.

I suspect that the stories that do portray "extra-marital fun" rather than monogamous love receive lots of 5 scores from those who like that sort of thing, but also lots of 1 scores from those who hate it. There are many LW stories with scores averaging 3.0 to 3.9 as a result.

L

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bravo

Original, touching, brilliant.

Ironically, I'm not much into the para-genre and would have dismissed this if it had been apparent in the category. You'd snagged me by the time I realized the motif, and I'm glad you did. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"Check the scores" indeed

On any given day, there are half a dozen or more red H's (4.5+) in every other category and one or none in LW. The story quality is the same across categories, but the devotion of the readers isn't. The closet cuckolds spend half their day reading hot wife stories, and the other half repeatedly voting 1.

maedhros21maedhros21over 8 years ago
wonderful!

Brilliant and touching!!

payenbrantpayenbrantover 8 years agoAuthor
@gordo

I think I agree with you...sort of. I always thought this genre was for people who cannot stay true to commitments, or their rules in their relationship allows for openness.

Anyway, my test readers who have read a lot of this category said that the undercurrent of the story was deciding what a person wanted when they felt the desire to break one commitment and move to another. They thought it superceded the nonhuman and romance aspect. I thought...

Either way it turned out I am getting some great feedback. Some of the emails I have received are a little vicious, but...oh well. Par for the course right? =-)

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Isn't there a category for fantasy and other-worldly themes?

I appreciate the effort, but your Werewolf with hundreds of years of experience and human observation was acting like a teenager on his first date. What he experienced in this loving couple should be an old cliche' in the Werewolf world. The potential Mate who is already committed, and is of such character, ethics, and principles that he or she will not forgo their vow, and their love, to follow this instinctual animalistic lust. You would probably call such committed lovers part of the moral brigade. They do what is right because it is the right thing to do, not because it satisfies an appetite or gratifies a temptation.

So anyone who values strength of character and morality will find this story endearing. She did not just reject exciting mezmerizing Mr. big-cock Werewolf (Ho, you think black guys are hung?), she also rejected her own selfish lust and animalistic hunger. Amazing self control and morality? Not really. The average mature adult has to exercise such restraint every day. Its called being a grown up, a decent human being, an honest man or woman. Your Werewolf showed that despite his wealth and knowledge and experience, he was less of a man, of a person, than the humans he thinks he is superior to. And this good woman who was supposed to be his mate, in the end, was simply too good for him. A Good woman. Who had committed herself to a good man, a good marriage. Mr. big-dick rich take what he wants live forever Werewolf was simply outclassed. By a man and a woman in love. Mr. Werewolf had no chance.

Thank you for your version of good winning over evil. It was original and satisfying. It was good.

Sign me, the moral brigade. And for the Werewolf sympathizers, you really think he goes to bed at night lonely and horny? Naw, there are plenty of whores and sluts and cheating women who want to experience his thrills. He feeds on them, like a vulture consumes the dead. But even the Werewolf doesn't want them for a mate.

steven857steven857over 8 years ago
Well done

This is one of the very best stories I have read on this site!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My first FIVE

I've read 100s of stories over the past few years, in many different categories. This is the first time I've voted a FIVE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
second the motion - very nicely done

and such a refreshing change from the customary ww/vampire trivial drivel that has somehow come out of the closet to become just sooooo trendy, yet generally resembles the complexity of real life as much as pablum does a well roasted beef - your own approach was quite satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wrong category.

Nice Story and well written. However it is a romance and not cheating...sorry, loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
There is an unoffical guide

Well this story has certainly caused an uproar ! I think that the Authorship of Literotica would be well served to know that there is an unofficial map available to them as they ponder what category their newly birthed creations should be placed. Tx Tall Tales wrote a two part series called "loving your reader" , the last of which goes directly into this little brouhaha that we find ourselves embroiled in over the placement of this fine story. So please writers, do yourselves a favor an check out "loving your reader: categories" !

Cpprcrk

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
To Anonymous the Clairvoyant

A panty boy Brit? This from a man whose country lost a war against half of Vietnam. Be thankful you weren't fighting the whole country.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 8 years ago
Holy crap, this was fantastic!

When you started talking about werewolves I was getting ready to burn this up but you went sideways and I loved it.

Thanks for putting it in LW.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 8 years ago
A very well written thoughtful story...

... yet oddly disturbing. Hard to put a finger on it but something was just off. Maybe too many genres mixed into one story.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
@luedon Yes I eschewed the voting system and relied on comments before investing time

But then came the current tide of FETISH/GAY stories oozing out of their perfectly good categories, provided by Laurel & Co in order to garner more eyeballs and for those who get off on being humiliated, negative comments. Along with those stories came the Bonnie/Vastie/Anon collective who are allegedly warring against another Anon (I wondered if that Anon was just another persona in the collective) that flooded the comments with insipid repetition of the exact same words for scores of stories. The collective, coupled with the now non-existent FLC (who also writes as Anonymous making him/her/it the Uber Hypocrite) and comments aren't so useful.

I stand by my observation that the Loving Wives title is very cynical on the part of Laurel and I like many other readers took the hub title at face value and started reading in hopes of finding stories about actual loving wives and husbands which can be even more ertotic than extramartial fun for many of us.

I do think that cheating wives belong in the category just as much as wives who actually love their husbands. The psychological/sexual disorders need to inhabit the hubs already provided- especially the stories that really are not about wives at all but about nancy boy husbands who want to suck cock and could care less about sex with their wives-- errr beards.

Lex1Lex1over 8 years ago
@pale "writer"

So now that you know what stories go here, and you are aware of the definition of the hub, why do you keep coming? My guess is that you enjoy regurgitating that same pretentious argument over and over. Does it make you feel wise or more informed than the others? Why do you keep coming back?

BTW, the name of the hub is ironic. Kind of like a guy who names himself palewriter but the only thing he submits is a broken record of arguments on stories that OTHERS have written.

Get whatever therapy you need in the real world. Your pointless argument about the fucking name of the hub and what a real wife is supposed to be about is annoying. Normally I just read your asinine rants and chuckle to myself, but you have been getting steadily more irritating. Whatever the bitch did to you, let it go. Please.

SKHPSKHPover 8 years ago
Not my cup of tea, should have been published in Non-human

Weres and woman captivated by them or by other supposed alpha-males are not for me - sorry! Put stories like that where they belong.

3* for sharing

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
Lex1 Thank you for confirming that you have the reading comprehension skills of a doorknob

Push your agenda, fantasize about eating another man's cum from your wife or boyfriend, and have a lovely day.

I know what is supposed to be in loving wives now but occasionally nuggets like this one get through and those are the ones I read. The comment section used to be useful but now not so much so.

I skip the stories I don't want to read, why don't you skip the comments you don't want to read. My feelings certainly won't be hurt and your comments are meaningless drivel so I won't miss reading them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
palewriter is right

cuck shit should go in fetish. men sucking cocks should go in gay. weres should go in non-human. see? not so difficult, lex.

ConnarConnarover 8 years ago
Why it's the Wrong Category?

Loving Wives - Married extra-martial FUN:swinging, sharing & more

9 out of 10 LW Stories are "and more" BTB isn't fun, RAAC isn't fun, cheating isn't fun, cuckolding isn't fun (okay for all but except the cuckold)

I think this story is a breath of fresh air into an stale genre! 5 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
PAYENBRANT

I like longer stories. Development of the character's back story. The addition of sub-plots. Emotional complexity, it's all good for me. So as long as the plot makes sense and the characters are consistent, length is not an issue.

Wow, it really surprised me how rigid and inflexible the readers are about the story category. I wish people didn't take everything so seriously. It's up to the author and sometimes it can be difficult to fit a complex story in only one compartment.

Thanks for the story and I appreciate very much your public response.

AMerryman

xtremeddxtremeddover 8 years ago
Just re-read, still a 5*

Great story and writing. Refreshing insight and yes this is defiantly, "Loving Wives".

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

njlaurennjlaurenover 8 years ago
Unreal

Left me crying,as someone who reads werewolf tales it is another take on it,the curse of the mating bond...and that ending OMG......just amazing!Not a cuck tale,but rather a love story where the wife understands live.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Delightful Tale

For me it belonged in Romance, but that does not change its quality or its impact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@TWENTYSEVEN

You talking about the US losing(?) a war against half of Vietnam cracks me up. Read your history. US was not only fighting the Viet cong, we were fighting the Soviets and Chinese. Not to mention the commie peaceniks back home and having severe restrictions on targets and ways we could fight. Thank Americans you aren't speaking German and shut the fuck up.

@ the author, sorry this fruit's comment irritated me, haven't decided if I'm reading your loving werewolf tale or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for braking the mold with this wonderful story!

Was saying "die Fred! die!" halfway through and glad was not disappointed (not with the death part).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Werewolfs and assorted fantasy lives

Really doesn't belong in the LW section. Once it became clear you were out in cloud cuckoo land with this fantasy I gave up. 1 star.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
Once i saw the asshole of LIT give the 1 vote I gave it a 5

good LW story and cuck story! Fuck you dear annony and not in a good way!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Should be listed with the faries and unicorns not LW.

Please list your story in the correct category. If you intentionally mislead the reader how can you expect anything but a very poor rating?

anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1 star

5+1+1+1avg 2

now some other ass hole give a 5 for this fairie author crap

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous