All Comments on 'The Talented Taxidermist'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
pretty good yarn

An interesting yarn. I like the various other situation that the sheriff mentioned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Hilarious

Good job as always, nice to read something different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Real Life

Coming from a small area of Missouri I can totally relate, not only to the quality of work for a Taxidemist but the Sheriff too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Colloquialisms

Truly excellent use of the language of an area, great people pictures. The sherrif comes across as a sensible man in occasionally strange situations. Keep up the good work!

doormousedoormousealmost 20 years ago
Why this story isn't ranked number one

defeats me.

Loved it!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Appreciated

Very humorous-intelligently written

rexfelisrexfelisover 19 years ago
Good stuff!

I loved how tyhis story was written. Maybe there's more in your portfolio, which I am about to look for., If not, let's see some!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Really great!

I absolutely loved the down home, small town flavor you put to this. Excellent writing! The story just flowed along. It was like a dirty episode of 'Andy Griffith'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great fun!

Great story with that southern down-home flow to it. I know it's sick and twisted, but I had Andy Griffith's voice in my head for the sheriff and Aunt Bea's voice as that spinster Gloria in my head as I was reading. This story couldn't have been better if it was served with some fresh Christmas possum. Thanks for the fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Loved this tale

and so full of humor - had a really good laugh reading it - would make a great series ' Tales of Buck Lick Crick' - well done - you have a real talent for telling a damn good yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Confusing start

you got me confused at the start with a blast of new characters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
that was really funny

and an enjoyable read.....had the women in town known about Jimmy being hung like a horse they might have treated him differently.....

lonerider10lonerider10over 7 years ago
great story!

i am from a part of the country where life is like you wrote about. excellent!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Is that you Andy?

Might as well called him Sheriff Taylor because that's what was running through my minds eye. Really enjoyed the change of pace and the humor. Looks like Jimmy's mom taught him good about not squirting his seed inside until after the wedding. Amazing what you can see with a pair of brand new binoculars isn't it?

allansbulletallansbulletover 2 years ago

Great story - VERY funny, especially some of the descriptions! 5 stars all the way!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Enjoyed it thoroughly!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Fun and games in Buck Lick!

5

EVLoverEVLoverabout 2 months ago

Another excellent story.

I recently read the authors How-to story entitled “Let the Characters Do the Talking.” Given that this story was published only a few weeks after that one, I can only imagine that he had this story in mind when writing the How-to.

Richard1940Richard1940about 1 month ago

Should have nicked Gloria as a peeping Tom! Very enjoyable. Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
2328 Followers
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...