All Comments on 'A Traditional Swim Ch. 17: Final'

by HStoner

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thanks

This is a well-written series and an interesting story. Thank you for writing and sharing it with us.

reader_3634reader_3634about 8 years ago
Well written series - sad end

I greatly enjoyed the series but I thought it was a bit of a sad end that Sara decided to leave without making any explanation. It just left the end somehow unsatisfying.

louise_lloydlouise_lloydabout 8 years ago
Great Series

Thanks for the whole series. They kept me interested all the way through. You described a totally relaxed nude and sexy lifestyle. I have to agree that the ending was sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WTF?

Ending sucks, bigtime! Doesn't make any sense. Please rewrite, NOW!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So very, very disappointing.

16 chapters plus 1.95 pages of sheer joy and enjoyment. But all ruined for me by the last 3 paragraphs.

Why did she leave him, what for, who for ?

What happened to Harry afterwards ?

Did he continue swimming ?

Did any of the other girls he'd met ever come to the island to join him ?

Other than ruining what until the end was one of the best stories I've read on here, you've also left this unfinished. If nothing else, you really need to finish it properly. I can't remember the last time I was so gutted at the end of a story I had enjoyed so much. Every other chapter got 4 or 5 Stars - this got 1. So very, very disappointing........

Completely ruined my evening.

Rapier875

smuuthiesmuuthiealmost 7 years ago
Don't agree with anonamous

It's true that the last page sucked wind out of a delightful story, it also shows the true nature of relationships, you may have months of delicious erotic adventures and travels in exotic locales, but in the end, how well do you really your lover/friend/business-partner/swing buddy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Please complete the story.

I haven’t given this a rating because I have totally enjoyed all of this story and couldn’t give it a low score. Left me feeling confused and conflicted. I really enjoyed the characters of both Harry and Sarah but in the end felt that Sarah was a bitch, which has left me feeling uncomfortable. I haven’t been on the site for a while and when I saw this chapter I had to go straight to it. The title did suggest that Harry and Sarah went their separate ways but it was such a let down at the end. The age gap between them meant that it was probably inevitable from the start but it could have ended so much differently.

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago
Fucking horrible ending

Seriously? You should have just left it alone if you were tired of writing it. This out-of-nowhere swerve ending you just tacked on to the story with no reason or purpose just ruined the whole series. You did NOTHING to show why this might happen, in any previous chapter or even in this one. Why should I waste time reading anything you write if you'll just shit on it when you get tired of it?

canoodlistcanoodlistover 6 years ago
Ending left a little to be desired!

Like some of the others who commented, it looks like you got tired of the story and just quit. You had been so very detailed in earlier chapters. Then just turned off the lights. Sara definately owed Harry an explanation after their years together. If I were Harry, I'd hop the next flight and ask her what the deal was. Tired of the lifestyle or him. Oh well, I enjoyed 1-16 and most of 17 without the last few paragraphs.

john1946john1946over 6 years ago
The ending Was terrible

Of course many people have done that to partners. Just not so often with no warning.

13Dexter13Dexteralmost 6 years ago
Fitting end.

The Sara character never professed any emotion or thought toward Harry. So her abrupt leaving seemed in character for her. Harry's "I guess I'll follow her" attitude made this pair seem more like two people in the same car than a couple. A fitting end to what read as a tragedy from the beginning.

IrishchapIrishchapover 5 years ago
terrible ending

I saw this coming as I started to get into the chapter. Kept hoping you weren't going to do it. Ruined the entire story.

masteraaronh74masteraaronh74over 5 years ago
Didn't see that coming.

Wtf

rodryder44rodryder44about 5 years ago
Traditional 17

No explanation is the wrong ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
That was sad. Sort of ruined a beautiful story.

Time for him to visit Pam and Emily to cheer himself up?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Just...

A very sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Inconsistencies

The single biggest problem with the ending is that a few previous chapters had referenced framed photos of Sara that “now hang on the wall of our home” and various things that Sara “still does”. I agree with a couple of people above that this ending isn’t entirely unrealistic. Simply removing those handful of sentences from prior chapters would at least make it consistent.

Shugabear_1962Shugabear_1962almost 3 years ago

Really saddened by how swiftly you just pinched this story off. I really think you needed to give your story a better ending than “sometimes this stuff just happens.” We read these stories (and presumably you write them) because we want to escape from the “stuff happens” of the universe. Sad you felt the need to just amputate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Incredibly sad and unexpected. What di Chris say on the phone that seemed to flip a switch in Sara. As good as the story was, the ending was awful.

chiefhalchiefhalover 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Would have been better if someone had proofread it and fixed all the obvious errors. No offense, but the ending sucked!

cumslowlycumslowlyover 2 years ago

A perfect view of what Nirvana must be like. I can't help thinking that this is a true story. there is so much reality there. If it was true, then you were incredibly lucky to have so many young, sexy partners. I look forward to reading your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sad ending. Maybe one more chapter were he sells the house and gets another girl to be with. Happier ending.

NudeAndRudeNudeAndRudeabout 2 years ago

Previous chapters were really enjoyable. This one ended a bit quick. An epilogue might be good - kind of ‘what Harry did next’.

vernv1vernv1almost 2 years ago

Just too weird of an ending. Why did she leave? What did harry do?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I gave 5 stars to every chapter except this one. After all we've been through with these characters as readers to end it like this is just unforgivable. You are a very talented writer, I just wish this had had a better ending

argeelogargeelogover 1 year ago

A hurried and abrupt ending not in tune with the detailed and entertainimg previous chapters. 🤔

Hotstuff1PHotstuff1P7 months ago

A wonderful lifelong story with a heartbreaking end. A story of love, friendship, relationships, lust, sex, lifestyle, life, business success and failure, other interests and passions, family and friends.

Thankyou for sharing.

Writer61Writer61about 2 months ago

Loved the story until this chapter.

I know it can be hard to end something but this was so abrupt, so out of tune, that I cannot give it more than 3*.

Makes me wonder, are you OK?

DarkRoninDarkRonin16 days ago

So strange an ending so abrupt so unexpected brilliant story but for the end love to know the why

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHStoner@HStoner
2397 Followers
Midwestern professional and rank amateur writer.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES