All Comments on 'How High A Price: A Sequel'

by writingdragon

Sort by:
  • 265 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Overdue

Finally, the right ending to this story! All theothers submitted fell short! Thankx for taking thetime to do it right!!!

migmigabout 20 years ago
Exceedingly satisfactory

Definitely the best ending.Excellent continuity and excellent storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Finally! A Honest Ending.

Great ending. I liked the orginal story. I LOVE this ending. Good work by both authors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This the best yet!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Not Bad!

There is one thing though, you need to know the difference between "your" (possessive) and "you're" (you are). Small errors like this are spoilers.

jaggers0053jaggers0053about 20 years ago
Best ending, for sure

absolutely the best ending yet. there was one other ending months ago that i thought was good,but.......the difference is your sequel fits the story.

i'm sure the Troubadour enjoys it also.

don

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Lovers Again

Lisa is crying after reading this and I am teary eyed. If only all men could see what you wrote and not let 1 discremination ruin their marriage. If only our parents could have read this, then maybe we would have a mother and a father in our house. As it is, we just have a father.

To the author, You are wonderful. Now Lisa and I have to hold each other and have a good cry.

Laura & Lisa, bi sisters

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 20 years ago
The Troubdor's applause

A fine ending to my little tale. As an earlier commentator said, this fit the outline I gave. It even fit the romantic nature of most of my work.

Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
great ending

this was the best ending. I wish I had half the heart of this early character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
well written story

good story with a realistic ending,some of the stories,that are submitted, have a couple who have never met having sex in the second paragraph, how unlike real life.

john from OZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
great ending

i loved the ending of the story also. He took her back and forgave her and still was a MAN, not a wimp like a lot of the men in this type of story. good job to both writers. Maybe the two of u should colloberate on other stories lol

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeabout 20 years ago
The End

Once in awhile there is an author who pens a story that really jumps out from print, touches you, and makes you feel like a part of the story.

This ending was that vehicle.

I really appreciate this ending.

All other writers up to now have added to this story. this one put the cherry on top of the whipped cream.

Please accept my thanks for this story.

Gary

Kanga40Kanga40about 20 years ago
Great work

You kept to Troubador's initial story and thoughts.

The other endings I have read all twist the original. Shit, we even had one author saying it was all Early's fault because he didn't tell Susan he was home!!

You faithfully followed the original characters.

I have heard on the grapevine you are working on realistic endings to a few other stories. Please keep going.

This is a good piece of work.

I will mail you.

dsidedsideabout 20 years ago
She cheated

She cheated on Early and than lied to him. Why would he forgive her? Oh yeah, he loved her. Did she love him as she flirted with John for six months or while screwed him for two days. GET REAL!

Can't wait for the next conclusion, maybe it will be more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
I whent through it too

I too whent through what Early whent through. But unlike Early, Me and my now X wife couldnt work things out. When the afair started I was stationed in South Korea.

She stayed in the states to raise our little boy and girl. At first every thing was going great, we talked all the time on the phone, wrote lots of love letters back and forth. Then a few months before I was to return home she no longer had time to talk to me. Other men would answer the phone. Then a week befor I ws to come home she told me she didnt want me any more. I came back to the states with no home to go to, to a city that didnt even know who I was, and a very heavy heart. I whent to her asking her to stay with me. I asked her every day for a month to think about it and take me back.

Now, six months back in the United States, I have a new girlfriend who loves me dearly, and I am fighting for the custody of my little boy and girl, as their mom keeps adding bill on to p of bill to my already ruined credit.

I wish tings could have worked out as well for me as it did with these two carechters.

mondliecht57mondliecht57about 20 years ago
like the rest of your stories another winner

Like I told you personally, this story has the finest ending of them all so far. There was one other that wasn't to bad, but none came as close as this one to the original concept. Yes, she cheated, but showed remorse and yes he was a man with a big heart to forgive the woman he loves. Good job and good story. Thanks.

I agree with your plea for readers to vote. Less than 3% seem to vote, or bother to let author know they appreciated his works. I know personally how much work it takes to write even a short story. Readers please vote and let the authors know you care.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Did you people read this story?

While the parts regarding Early and Susan are good, the story completely falls apart because of one major plot point: John Stickner's character. ALL of the blame is put on him, and Susan becomes not the cheater -- or limited thinker -- she was in the original story but only a pawn he used. Where is her culpability in this? Sure, she had the final say so as to whether she would sleep with him, but this story portrays her as weak.

In the end, it just another sexist story of the weak little lady lead astray by the bad man. This is NOT what was written in the original story. It is lame, it is easy, it is by the numbers, and it is devoid of any originality or thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Did anon read the original story???

I just re read Troubador's original How High a price.

I can still see nothing in that story which is in conflict Susan's position in this continuation of the story.

Below Troubador praises this story - maybe he doesn't know his own story?

Just go read the first chapter again.

AND anon, leave an email address next time you mail me? Huh?

noone269noone269about 20 years ago
WOW!!

Great story! I think this is how the story should have ended. Not that the other authors didn't do well, just this story fits perfectly. I was sucked in from the very first paragraph, and cheered at the ending. Definitely your best yet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Great ending

I have read all the others endings to "How HIgh A Price" and have to say I thought this was the best of them all. I hope to keep reading stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Close... but no cigar

You did provide another option to the end of a very fine story...a better option than those previously written, but I agree with Anon in the Real world. You have diminished Susan's culpability, and by doing so, I think, diminished her character. Is she so dense that she couldn't see what John had planned. I don't think so. The character of Susan in Troubador's incredibly well written original seemed to me to have had the mental where-with-all to have seen past such a clumsy approach as you presented.

Your story, while not badly written, seemed to have had an ending already determined in your mind and you simply filled in the blanks to make it fit. Better luck next time.

P.S. These husbands who all of a sudden are uncloaked as former Seals, Special Forces, Green Berets, etc. to mete out physical punishment to the marital interloper is getting a little old.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
It's a Great Story

I would like to say this story, contrary to the two Anonymous in the USA writers was well written insightful full of fun and vigor and explained a serious flaw in Susan?s character. While I will fight for both of the two aforementioned individuals rights to completely express their opinions at any time, I do however believe their logic is flawed.

This writer did not exonerate Susan he explained her own culpability and her own remorse at her own actions and reactions. Yes it did make John out to be an ass, and in this ending he really was.

The original story does not give us any insight into Susan other than a woman who when confronted with her quilt can only say, ?It was something I felt I had to do,? or ?It was something I felt I had to do, Early. I was trying to repay John for what he had done for me? ? this is the only part of Susan?s character we are shown there is nothing dramatic about the woman. Early on the other hand shows his character right away, he is both a man and a woman?s idea of one he talks with pain and truthfulness, and offers her a chance, a chance to work things out between them.

Both of the other readers have expressed a preconceived idea of how Susan is to be and we have that problem when we read a story. So when it doesn?t fit our idea of what it should be we express ourselves. (Public Forum they have the right)

I also think the Special forces idea is stale but it works very well in the story because he wasn?t flaunting it.

I would make a plea to any reader who posts to a story, if it?s praise post it in public, if it?s not, send it privately. If either of the two readers did send to Writingdragon privately?bravo, if not...

I would also say since I have taught Literature for 26 years in three major Universities across the country, you write a story by outline, Opening paragraph, main idea expressed in the body and developing and ending then you fill in the ?Blanks? to fit your ideas. The Editors help finish the story from there.

Yes it?s a bit contrived at spots but it is a delightfully enjoyable story that does fit the original perfectly, I do hope writingdragon continues to entertain us with his gift.

Foux PasFoux Pasabout 20 years ago
This was wonderful

I have to say this was just great, Keep up your work and Ideas 'Oh Dragon.' Your breakdown of a seduction of a spouse (Male or Female) who had been up until that point faithful, is classic. As you wove, although a bit hastily, (Ususally takes a bit more time) 5 of the 6 stages normally identified in a predator's game.

In my humble opinion you placed this woman in just the right condition to be led into a trap. I have seen some close varients of the game you described work on men and women in the office enviroment. Over and over during the years with Doctors, Nurses, Medical professionals in other career fields, and lawyers these gave play out. But it is really rampant in the general office settings. The people pulled in were well educated and in many cases firmly entrenched in relationships, I do not think this makes Susan a bimbo, but just someone who woke up too late. Although I voted for him twice our most current ex-president has shown a predatory nature throughout his life. Although the most notable White House Intern was a classic Bimbo, three of his other relationships outside of his marriage were not.

With my time on the soapbox over I again say thank you to the writer for your story I absolutely enjoyed it.

I will write you in a moment.

dsidedsideabout 20 years ago
no justice

This sequel does no justice to the original story. In the first part she is a slut, in this part she is a victim. I think you were supposed to follow the story line.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
I Disagree

This followed the storyline perfectly, not necessarily the only story line. I am so glad so glad and thank god daily that my husband forgave me for my compliant seduction over 28 years ago. It is possible for the "slut" to be a victim also, men look on and lust after women every day and some act on it. where is the love for your partner when your oogling some other fine woman, same place Susan's was still in her heqart just stupidly hidden.

Keep up the good work, send us some more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
It's not a sequel

I don't see this as a sequel. For me it is a completely separate story alluding to characters and a situation described in a previous story. This doesn't make it a bad story...just a different one. In The Troubador's original, the fascination for me was the dichotomy of the wife's perspective. While she knowingly deceived her husband, lying to him throughout the weekend, she seemed to truly believe that what she did was her way of thanking her mentor and bettering things for her and her spouse. Once her indiscretion was exposed, I was captivated by the frustration each felt in explaining each's feelings to the other. I particularly enjoyed that the story was left open ended. Each reader can then construct his/her own conclusion to the story.

"Writingdragon's" story on its own is a good story...well written. However, the theme of the predatory male seducing the unsuspecting wife is used often in these stories. Blackmailing with pictures seems to be a prerequisite.To be blunt, but hopefully not offensive, the original is a classic. The 'sequel' is not.

apple3141apple3141about 20 years ago
Better, much better.

The original story was quite unambiguous, yet the first few attempts to write a conclusion were hopelessly at variance with that text. Since these are Literary and not just Stroke stories, plots have to have a good deal of plausibility, I think. The stories must be at least internally consistent.

This "sequel" does a good job of what others have failed to do, namely provide a fair motive for the "Loving Wife" and additionally to make it possible to patch up the marriage. Note, however, that I do not say RESTORE the marriage; that is completely out of the question. After her betrayal of Early, nothing could ever be quite the same again.

Note that there is no criticism of your writing here - it is excellent; you did a great job within the constraints which you were given.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Missed the boat

As was stated by some others, the characters in this "sequel" didn't follow the original storyline's actions or motivations where it counted. In this followup, Early becomes a pushover, when in the original, it is clear that he will not easily get over the betrayal, regardless of how much he loves her.

As an original story, this would be passable, though a touch unrealistic; as a sequel, it fails.

jennianydotsjennianydotsalmost 20 years ago
I wonder

This the first of your stories I've read, it's great, I mean it really is.

I've read the original story over and over,and all the other part two's. I find it amazing that the only story the original Author praises is this one, at least publically. Since the Troubador has put his seal on it (He didn't say it was what he would have done) I think the few and I notice there are only a few dissenter's to this story all seem to be reading something into the original that's not there. The two main peole are identified of those two only Early has any personality. Susan's is vague at best which is why the other writers are getting flak pushing her character to extremes.

I really liked this ending and one other, I think the writer wrote a believeable story with a great ending. Like it or not sometimes people do work out their problems and love overcomes hurts and stupidity.

This was a great story, Thank you Writingdragon

Nightowl21Nightowl21almost 20 years ago
Good ending?!

This isn't exactly the seduction of a woman while she is druged or drunk. Susan made up HER mind to have sex with John. I think 99.9% of women would have bought him an expensive briefcase or I was thinking originally mostly just a simple gift and a card. Or A dinner. But to give the one thing away, that isn't hers to give, when married, is inexcusable. I can not understand her line of reasoning. Forsaking, Early, Her her marriage vows sanctioned by God......It is just all forgotten.

I still feel she didn't really feel guilty even though she states she does quite frequently. Maybe everything being settled too quickly is why I feel this way.

I am just curios how Early will EVER fully trust her again. I don't think he can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Bottom Line

The bottom line is she cheated and got away with it. This was not a heat of the moment thing, but was carried out with careful planning. She did not feel guilty until she was caught. Early is the one who loses. From now on every time she works late, or if she has to go out of town on a job, a voice in the back of his mind will wonder if it is happening again. Nothing can restore the trust he had before. She however, knowing he loves her enough to take her back, and his strong moral character, will never worry about him cheating.

It is a good well written story, but Early got screwed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
MAKE IT SIMPLE

THE WIFE AND JOHN COMMITTED ADULTERY,ALL FAIR IN WAR AND BETRAYAL.SHE WAS A SELFISH AND HARD DRIVING LAWYER WITH HER OWN RULES.SHE GOT OFF EASY,HUBBY WIMP OUT FOR NOT KICK HER OUT FROM THE START.WHEN SHE GOT HOME FROM JOHN, THE HOUSE IS CLEAN AND NO EARLY.SHE BECAME A WHORE FOR PROMOTION.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Wonderful conclusion

Adultery tears marriages apart. We se ethe pain but we also see how love prevails. If she would have gone back to John, then she would be a self-centered bitch. But having turned him down and come clean with Early and her boss, she showed she was really sorry. Affairs can happen by accident on one or both sides. To prolong them is no accident. I was pulling for them all along. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Congratulations!

Congrats! By far the best of the sequals that I've read. The original premise that a loving wife would cheat on her husband and spend a weekend with a coworker as a token of gratitude for his help is, of course, pretty far fetched, but that is Toubador's story that you had to respond to and I think you did a fine job. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Interesting

Probably not very logical. If John had that reputation it is unlikely the wife would not have known.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
good...and okay.

i liked your sequel. you are a very talented writer.

here are some of the things that i didn't like:

- Early's character was so damn pious.....perfectly saintly, i had a hard time believing that such a person exists.

- the navy seal bit was kind've corny......and out of place. (Early seemed to gush about this revelation, yet throughout the story we see EArly as this modest,sensitive guy......the whole bit seemed to be the fantasy of a bullied kid who gets finally beat-up the bully. ....just to much contradiction there.

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Most Excellent

Best of the sequels to Troubador's, "How High A Price?" A little outside-the-marriage romp leaves alot of wreckage for all parties to face. I especially liked the way everyone rallied around Early & Susan.

Also liked the way the long, slow, protracted seduction was portrayed and Susan's reaction now that she realizes how thoroughly she was "played."

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loved it

A great way to end the original story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Nonny Mouse

This was a tremendous read. I don't really feel worthy to criticize any part of it. I personally would have enjoyed reading that "John" had transferred to a distant office, but that is a small matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
She got off easy

She did not suffer any more than a symbolic, rather than actual, separation ( just separate beds in the same room?). Too small a price to pay for pre-meditated/planned acts of not only infidelity, but multiple instances of deception.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Thank You

I've read this story probably 5 times and it never ceases to make me cry with warm passion. You can't buy a high like that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good job!!

Well done! For the most part, I feel your characters stayed true to Troubador's story. However, I must say the Navy Seal part felt cliche and very contrived. You could just as easily say, "You didn't grow up in Hometown without learning how to fight or run and Early hated to run." He didn't need to be a proficient and proven killer, he only had to beat the crap out of a coward who preyed upon the weakness of others.

On the positive side I thought this ending really added a fuller sense of the 'high price' that was paid. The part with Mr. Jenson was almost too good. Most of the HHAP sequels I have read did an okay job of getting Early and Susan to whatever end the new author chose, yours did that and added to our understanding of the characters and their motivations. Thanks again for a job done well.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
A better ending

Great ending you did a better ending on this story than the last writer I loved what Early did with Stickner Early really stuck it to stickner i loved the Navy seal line and the JAG bit was a nice touch also you should have added some of the Jag guys from the series JAG.

Pat

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
You have written a very well orchestrated ending.

Unfortunately, no matter what her actions now, she cheated, she cheated on purpose, and she cheated for a very long peiod of time. It really doesnt matter why. It really doesnt matter how long. It really doesnt matter if she says she loves only me. I could not accept her back, she intentionally, planned, carried out, betrayed, disrespected, acted as a slut, and lied about it. She is trash, nothing more, nothing less, and the marriage contract was in this case actually broken when the long term affiar began with their intimate behavior. He could have tricked and manipulated her all he wanted, at any time she could have used the one magic word. NO! She never did and actually committed prostitution, that is what you call if when you fuck for money, for her promotion at work. In the real world, what she and her lover did, would have caused both of them to be fired. Her lover for sexual harassment, he was a superior to her, and her for bribing someone for recommending her for a promotion at work. a shame ethics and morals are no longer taught to lawyers, they really need them!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 16 years ago
I was ambivalent about this story . . .

The story was well-written and a nice, pleasant read. But one part with which I have trouble involves the really quick decision-making for Early in taking Susan back. In the original story I had the feeling that Early was so devastated he did not know what he wanted to do, and he was uncertain regarding their future. In this sequel, it seemed he decided right away he was going to reconcile. This did not really seem to fit the character from the original story. Another troubling issue is the one about which other readers are skeptical; namely, the idea that Susan was such an easy mark for John Stickner. Lawyers in general don't feel "the rules" apply to them. For example, just look at our politicians (nearly all are lawyers). The Congress is often not subject to the laws passed for all of us to obey! A friend of mine (an attorney) just laughs when he talks about "fixing" a ticket. Another attorney I know maintains that lawyers in Ohio can have sexual relationships with their clients without being in any trouble; doctors in Ohio lose their licenses if they date a patient and other professions have similar rules, but somehow lawyers are exempt (I wonder why). Susan was presumably a smart, competent attorney in her firm; it's difficult to believe that she did not really want to have sex with John and that she was tricked and manipulated, having no idea what John was doing. I believe she thought she was missing out on something in her marriage, something her clandestine lover could provide for her, and she did not need to follow "the rules" so she cheated. Further, she did this to advance her position in the firm. I've read that movie actresses sometimes spread for their directors in order to get the part(s) they want; I guess this is no different. I don't see how Early can trust her or believe her again; surely the anger towards an unfaithful spouse would lead to a separation at the least. Finally, partners in a big law firm often try to cover for each other, to bluff, and they stick together until it is clear the solidarity will cost them due to overwhelming evidence. I doubt a senior partner would so quickly take the side of the couple as described in this case; doing so becomes an admission that everything actually took place as described, which means a suit against the firm by Early's attorney would be tough to defend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
ok story

it was a pretty good story , however i found it less than credible that a former JAG officer would fail to do his research on his prey by not knowing his prey's spouse was a former seal. it came off as being off character where he planned everything in detail but failed in that respect . shame on him for not knowing his enemy.

JamesMcIntyreJamesMcIntyreover 15 years ago
The comments are always so intriguing

<P>The story of course was good, and the characters well written. Not perfect but more than sufficiently readable.</P>

<P>The anonymous comment about being over fifty is most revealing. The writer, by virtue of the ageist comment, is clearly still quite young and immature. I am sure that this young person will have a chance to grow up and mature by the age of fifty. At that point he (or she) will realise there is an old expression 'to cut off one's nose to spite one's face'. Early could have thrown out Susan but realised it would make him even more unhappy than staying together. He chose the lesser of two pains. Only the young see things in such a harshly contrasting light, they still have so much to learn.</P>

<P>It is also always so amusing to see that the most vehement criticism is from illiterate anonymous commentators. Their bad spelling, strange sentence construction and generally poor grammar speak loudly about a lack of education (either once again through youth or through lack of ability/opportunity). One can understand their desire to remain anonymous, no-one would wish to advertise such a lack of verbal acuity. This does mean their criticism is largely invalid as they lack the necessary skills to form an informed critique of the work.</P>

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
never forgive, forget, take back!

If its trash its trash, plain and simple. And she is very simply trash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good fantasy story but

Not realistic re Susan's personality or character. While SOME Lady Lawyers I've known MAY have a heart [somewhere, maybe kept in their briefcase], ALL are tough, conniving, mercenary bitches who don't even know the meaning of the word compromise [probably since they all are really dilettantes at practicing law, they don't have to payback ANY thanks or favors since they can always opt out when the going gets tough for a hubbie and kids] and are therefore too smart to allow anyone any advantage and thus very unlikely to owe anyone bigtime much less fall for a seducer's line, even if he's her boss requesting a "personal thankyou." UNLESS SHE WANTS IT. Further, this Susan ruined her big firm/big money career by complaining since what partner's going to trust her with any cases now, knowing she can be so easily charmed/tricked out of her panties, and therefore anything, by some smooth operator/lawyer coming round the bend/bar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A thought

Just imagine, if one affair has "improved" their marraige, what effect would several affairs have? Hey, there's an upside; if she takes to banging the entire town, they may yet wind up with the best and most stable marraige ever! Counselors by the dozen will earn their keep as well...

darkseraphdarkseraphabout 15 years ago
Meh

It was alright up until the part about Early being a SEAL. Also, he let her off the hook way too easily.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
not this end

my choice - where she is left. the calculation and premeditation took it over the top for her. a nice pen set should have been the gesture from her, but no.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
A pleasurable read.

The support from the senior partner avoided a suit and a scandal while giving him leverage to remove a dangerous junior partner. The critics forget that Early is a negociator

by trade and knows how to cut through bullshit and get to the heart of the matter. She laid out the whole mechanism to him and he immediately recognized that he did not want to shut down the marraige. My only real problem was that she definitely did not seem to behave like a good lawyer.

Thanks for your time..

genealguygenealguyabout 15 years ago
MY KINDA...

...ending! She was the victim of a cunning seducer, who played on her character and weaknesses. I liked this much more than the original. Thanks! Jim

zed0zed0almost 15 years ago
Yuk!

Even wimpier than the original.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
Entertaining

This is a pleasant piece of fiction, the kind that sells well as mass market paperbacks in grocery stores. Read it, have a laugh, and forget it. The first page is most insightful, though it seems to have no bearing on the rest of the story because the 2 main characters had 180 degree changes in personality. That could be explained away as the denial portion of their collective mourning of course. It's intelligent to have the couple CHOOSE to get on with their lives, one way or another, instead of to dwell indefinitely on the pain and betrayal. Early was right in pointing out Susan's responsibility as a guilty party to have been something he'd have to deal with later, because that is really the hardest and most enduring part about spousal infidelity. The outsider, John, doesn't really matter but he made for a useful distraction until the couple could fully come to grips with what's happened to their relationship. Susan's confession letter was an excellent idea also. A good tip for anyone who experiences this is to write their thoughts down on paper. Sharing it is another matter, though it could help one's partner understand the other person -- not the reasons for the infidelity -- in the relationship better.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
Life goes on

Because in the end, we're only mortal. Early and Susan could have chosen to live the rest of their lives either apart or together, but that alone would not determine whether they lived well or lived in pain. If only we were immortal, then we could ditch anyone who hurt us and wait to for somebody better to come along. Relationships and lives are about making choices, and it's very mature of this couple to choose forgiveness -- not forgetfulness -- in order to live well again.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Romantic Cheating Wife Story

I liked it because I like happy endings. Of course it was overly nice and a bit fictional for reality... Very romantic! The way we would like life to be with heros, damsels in distress and the heavy-handed but smooth villain!

xtremeddxtremeddover 14 years ago
Bravo! Bravo!

"Use a gun, to kill a man; any man can be willing. Very few can.” John Wayne ”The Shootist" Yet it is strange how so few realize what we have asked of young men in this country.

Great ending to a tragedy. Don’t ever get between Love or family and never get into a fight with a stranger. Great ending. Absolutely Loved it!

DD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
A well crafted tale

IT is always a pleasure to read your work. You obviously care enough to spend the time to make your stories reallistic and human.

Orionman17Orionman17about 14 years ago
Writingdragon - I hope you write again . . .

Thank you for a story that left me feeling good. I liked the way you developed the characters. I would look forward to more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
good writer

you are a good writer but please leave other people stories to them as it is in most cases when someone rewrites a story they either go to hard or to soft with their take on the story. In your case you made him a pedator therefore showing that you would forgive no matter what she done. With her lies and cheating she proved what kind of person she is and it makes your ending very foolish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Misunderstood

I don't think the first commentator understood the point of the sequel. If you read the first story by Troubador you know it was his intention someone else take up the story and supply an ending. Personally I think Troubador should have finished his own story. I disagree about the change of attitude of our 'hero'. His initial 'predatory' feelings were later tempered by the belief his cheating wife was sincere in her sorrow over her actions. She unlike many 'cheating bitches' depicted in various stories did in fact 'own' her mistakes and did not back down when later confronted with her 'partner in crime'. Its true you had to pay close attention to the story and do some reading between the lines concerning the 'forgiveness' aspects of the tale. Even though on the surface it appeared things were progressing smoothly, it was mentioned several times the need for marriage counseling to overcome the rocky road of reconciliation ahead. As for being realistic, it depends on your definition. Do people actually get over the betrayal of a spouse. I think so...but I also think most do not. Wish I had some actual statistics. The divorce rate is no indication. I know from personal experience there are many types of betrayal leading to divorce and often they have nothing to do with sexual infidelity. My own marriage of 38 years ended last year. To the best of my knowledge neither of us fooled around or stepped out but now one year down the road I feel like I have been betrayed in so many innocuous ways for at least 30 of those 'blissful' years. As for the ending to Troubadors story...sure, why not a happy ending. johngalt2300@yahoo.com

kingspridekingsprideabout 13 years ago
WITH-HELD KNOWLEDGE

Wow,finally a real life like Susan.I admired the way her humanity was brought out to bear on her actions,point in-case she compartmentalized her life into two part.....consider this if the aw she expressed upon discovery of Early's past was a reality she had to live with.Would she have been able to square him away,a man who would willing die or kill for her just because she was her(look beyond the wife tag)for a show of gratitude.

Granted seduction played a part,but if she lived as mrs Early EX-Navy Seal,I doubt even John though he was good,would have chosen to risk crossing paths with Early.

Early on his part was good enough to recognized he had never also really or full revealed himself to Susan about his past,i.e level/degree of commitment she stood to lose and/or the risk she would be putting anyone she irresponsibly (note need for responsibility)let take advantage of her.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
I enjoyed the ending

This was one of the good ones - not the only one either - the different takes on this story for the endings is fascinating. So far I have enjoyed most as they took Troub's beginning and tried to remain true to it in developing the characters more fully and providing a focus to the ending.

I have spent time reading and more importantly (to me anyway) thinking about what was written. When a story causes me to think I know the content is at least interesting, in this case it was challenging and well produced -

Thanks a lot,

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
Again

I loved the story even more than the first time I read it. I have read many hundreds of stories since the first time I read this one and the one by Troubador. I have evolved as a reader.

This by far is the best ending. As someone else said, the characters were changed in the other sequels. This one is probably the best sequel on this site because a great writer made it believable!

Anybody that has been around a long time knows that true love is hard to find. I expect that a high percentage of marriages were not based on a true and lasting love, friendship, and a committment to make it last...no matter what.

Almost "All" men cheat at some time or another. With a woman it takes a seduction generally but they will do so also. That does not mean they want to lose their loving family. Whether you leave the spouse that cheated is up to you. But don't call someone a wimp because they still have a marriage they want to reconcile. I might personally think you a wimp for not fighting for your family and spouse if you truly love them.

This was a one-time affair and she was not a slut-wife as the wife is usually portrayed on this site. This story for being a fiction, was very real and the emotions they both felt were portrayed about as good as they can be done.

Sure, there was a little Rambo style fiction threw in at the end...but we had a damsel in distress!

rvwsrvwsover 12 years ago
Good job writingdragon

I am a "happy ending junkie". There are shitheads like Stickner in business all over the place these days, maybe that is the problem in America. They have no honour. Early was able to overcome his hurt and the pain of betrayal and take it right to the shithead. His life and marriage were able to repair themselves, and finally the good guys won. Way to go. Loved the story. I gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
decent job on Susan, crap job on Early

Liked the job author did with Susan, real remorse and insight into her mind. Early was basically a different character altogether from the original. No continuity whatsoever.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Another winner for me -

I can attribute the "new" Early to the changes wrought by the situation -

Again this is one of the better ending to some one else's story - nice work, I suspect it is often harder to finish someones work than to do it all as yours.

Thank you for your time and effort and for sharing it -

solotorosolotoroover 11 years ago
Let me get this straight

He mentions a "special thank you" and somehow he is responsible for her deciding it meant fucking him? Even if he had that in mind, the point is why did she jump to that conclusion? Wouldn't a nice gift have been more appropriate? Why didn't she think of that? Why was hse so easy? That was never resolved. No, I'm afraid that she served up a big shit sandwich for old Early and he took a great big bite out of it. By the way, I don't know how many SEALs or special ops type you know, but being one myself (spec ops), I got to work with a bunch. The mentality that goes with that type of guy wouldn't allow for a wimp-ass response like Early had towards his wife's cheating.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
I just dont get it.

The actual response by earl when Jennifer asked him ,“Your going to stay with her, reconcile the marriage. Why?” Should have been as follows.

"Jennifer you need to understand that I am a master wimp and take great pride in being so. All my life I have loved to read stories by Matt Moreau, JPB, ISM and the kinds. Their approval means the world to me. If i start behaving like a real man then they would lose respect for me and i just could not accept it. I am a cuckold who simply accepts that he is not man enough to handle his woman so he should willingly and happily accept her cheating". I hope that answers your question Jennifer.

"Susan please don't leave me i promise to accept everything. You can cheat on me anytime you feel like. I am OK with it. "

The next step for earl would be sloppy seconds. I hate to see a character reduced to this level.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A REAL man?

I gotta wonder if seeing death, and having killed in hand to hand combat could allow the husband to not kill the guy. I'm a vet, that never saw combat, but have friends that did. All say it changed them. I wish I could believe I was as good a man as the husband, but I know I'm not. Obviously, five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Still just a wimp story...

Maybe he put John-Boy down, but good 0le Susan still stayed a slut and Early, accepting her back after fucking John-Boy, by definition becomes a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A real man?

Yeah I think so. It takes lots of strength to forgive someone for anything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
bitch

if i took her back ,i would use her and would feel nothing ,just treat her as the whore she is

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
chick shit

1 only a real wimpy man forgives a evil cunt without remorse,writingcunt story sad sad tell me the authors been killed by this character coming to life and beating writingcunt to death.

solotorosolotoroalmost 11 years ago
A real man?

The point is moot. Everyone has a different idea of what that means. We can look at the probabilities though. As a former spec ops operator I have had some interaction with a number of SEALs. Let me tell you, none of those would have taken her back and the probabilities say Early woudn't have either. Furthermore Early heard John's accusations regarding her motivations and her lack of response or denial put the truth to those accusations. At the core was her choosing her carreer goals over her husband. She whored herself out for carreer gains and Early had to have realized this. This Early wouldn't have taken her back. Big flaw in your story.

Nits to be picked: check out the difference between "loose" and "lose" and between "your" and "you're".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
CRAP

Bull shit , crap story

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
more crap

A sad little tale

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 11 years ago
I like the way the end is handled

The physical confrontation at the end is unnecessary melodrama that doesn't add to the story, but all in all I thought it very well done.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Bullshit

I hated this wimpy version of this story. Absolute crap!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
awful

Just another story where the wife is able to dodge responsibility for her actions and find a man to blame it one. In this one, its aaaaaall Johns fault. Susan was just 'coerced' into fucking someone other than her husband as she is too stupid to realize what marital vows are all about.

Horseshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WTH!

Took a very good story....and clubbed it to death like a baby seal. I'm going back to read the original again...maybe it will help wash the memory of this follow up story from my mind. - BGunns

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Many have tried

to work an ending to this tale. There have been varying degrees of success, but the worst one are those like this one that cut Early's nuts off. Can't you give the poor slob a break?

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
HOW HIGH OR HIGH LOW

only the reader can make a decision. TK U MLJ LV NV

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Kind of Worthless

There is nothing in this story that reflects the original plot or characters of How High a Price. Claiming to be a sequel is absurd. This is a "she cheated without any justification story" where the author wants a reconciliation without any logical reason and creates an absurd backstory to justify it. Both pathetic and hilariously funny. 1*

Alaska84Alaska84about 10 years ago

Loved your take! Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Pointless!!! Bullshit backstory that lead to nothing realistic. Don't waste your time!

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Jennifer?

Knowing what Strickner did to her sister, why didn't she warn Susan earlier?

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggabout 10 years ago
Not worth

the effort to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
My oh my....

...I just wasted 20 minutes I'll never get back. Don't get my wrong, I have no problems with cuckolding or MFM, IF, both parties are agreeable. In this instance, I'm very anti Susan. She may come across as a nice lady, but she is nothing of the kind. She is a cold hearted and calculating cheater and Early let her off easy.

Susan should have been shown the door.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Best so far

Oh course, I am reading them in reverse order of ratings so that is no surprise.

But this was the first one that seemed to think about the characters. And I did enjoy it.

There were some holes. Like others mentioned, Jennifer waiting so long to warn the wife was simply silly. And I always hate that "Surprise! I'm a Seal!" sort of think. Not remembering the title, but the best fight I remember is one where the seducer trained the overweight hubby in Boxing with the promise to give him a crack. And the hubby palms a roll of quarters when the hit the ring!

Thanks

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 10 years ago
Terrible

I wish there was a 0 star option. Hated it! Hated it! Pure bullshit!

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
A Woman's Fantasy!

She gets to fuck her boss and inflict torment on her husband! Isn't that every woman's dream? Better yet, her husband is so addicted to his love for her that he fights for her and goes to counseling to find out what he did wrong. Holy shit! If this guy is a successful business man and a Navy Seal what the fuck happened to him? Did his balls get blown off on a mission or did they shrivel up while he was busting his ass catering to his slut wife? Give me a break! Still, 4* for the writing. So far you have proven you are a good writer with a weak mind.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Damn

One of the worst endings out there. Total bullshit.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
This Ending...

I can't agree with "betrayedbylove", because this is good ending. She cheated, is true, they had their issues, but he found in him enough love to forgive her, seeing how she was sorry. And what would be of human kind without forgiveness?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nastiness

"...it is as important to them to be taken back fully and know they are wholly forgiven, as it is to us to know they are wholly ours again.”

No, I wisht someone would write a good ending to this story. Susan did NOT need to be taken back and forgiven. Instead, someone needs to tell the story of how Early treated her like any other premeditated cheater and this time, chased her away and into the arms of Stickner who uses, degrades and whores her out. A more fitting end to someone who preplanned to cheat on their husband so callously, giving themselves wholly to another man for 48 hours to use as his own personal playtoy.

Lets not beat around the proverbial bush. Susan went to his house, took off all her clothes and allowed another man to gaze at her nakedness. Then she sucked his cock to hardness multiple time and laid back, exposing to his eyes her innermost treasure who belonged to someone else. He was able to savor her wet and swollenness to enjoy everything about her, not just her treasures but to hear her cries and moans as he took her again and again WHENEVER his lust arose. She denied him nothing.

So please, kind authors, would one of you step up and write a more fitting ending to this tale of ultimate betrayal?

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 9 years ago
No More Seals!!!!

I hate that trite and incredible trope.

I am not obsessed with BTB or RAAC or any other type of ending. This one seemed plausible. The rest was pretty well constructed. Though how Stickner would have been allowed into her office alone given the situation boggles the mind.

So I was pretty much enjoying this. Until the Special Forces showed up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
yuk

2 star

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Well, this was a plausible ending.

Certainly not my choice for an ending. Fairly well written, but with too many little illogical things.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous