All Comments on 'Cats 'n Dogs'

by SciFurz

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
biercebierceabout 8 years ago
Beautiful

A lovely romance. Very touching and heartfelt. Thanks

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 8 years ago
Very choppy and the emotions were

quite shallow. Seems as though it was written by someone young- high school at the oldest. I read all the way through, just to give it a chance but I didn't enjoy it much.

You can craft a story though, so with practice, I am sure your writing will become more sophisticated. Keep it up!

SciFurzSciFurzabout 8 years agoAuthor
@FiveWolves & bierce

And thank you for the comments. :-)

SciFurzSciFurzabout 8 years agoAuthor
@cantfightfate

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it much, but maybe the expectations were too high.

I wrote this with it being like a naughty Disney story in mind. Simple idea, something just for a bit of fun.

It's too short to deliver real character development, for sure, but to write it like that would take away from the fun as far as I can imagine.

Maybe the rewrite I have some ideas about would be more what you had in mind, but more drama would introduce elements I'm not sure I want to put my characters through. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
neat

cute little story, very fairytale-esque, heartwarming :D

SciFurzSciFurzabout 8 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous

Thanks! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Awesome Story, Great Potential

I really liked this story. It was playful and fun and while the end did feel rushed with lots of new characters, it was just enough for me to feel invested in the main characters and their fate. Good job!

This story would make for a good romance novel or novella. Roh and Sylvi are memorable characters and the dynamic between them is cute. I also appreciate the attitude of Roh's parents. They let everything develop even though it was quite obvious from the get-go that they knew what was going on and what they were potentially risking. At the same time I can see their hope for their son and the chance, however slim, of a brighter future.

There is a lot of potential backstory and room to expand on Kharr's plans on rising to power even though I think he didn't stand a chance. I think it's clear that the maids really run things.

It would also be nice to see more of the King and Queen and the dynamic between them and also with their daughter. A lot is implied, but it would be nice to see it. The portrayal of parents is good, both the very close and involved nature of Roh's and the distant and aloof nature of Sylvi's. You can see both sets acting like parents and trying to influence their children with the best intentions.

Keep up the good work! Hopefully I'll see your work in print one day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Liked it but it was a bit rushed at the end..

After everything in the story , the problems and their resolution taking place in almost under a page was just too fast..

Fleshing it out with a couple more pages would have really helped.

Still rated it a 4 for being a fun read...

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous

This has been the first rewrite of an even shorter original which was actually created for the scene where the king gets scolded by the queen.

That's why the end hasn't been as elaborated as it could be, even in this rewrite, but I had some additional ideas in the meantime so maybe there will be an extended director's cut special millenium edition printout in extra tough cardboard in the future since I've been tweaking more of my previous writing lately.

Some of the stories on Amazon and Smashwords already have second minor updates.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
from Anonymous-E on this story and another version of it

Hey Sci, I read this story a few times and liked it. But, on another site you have it on, this version and the other have different ending. What's the deal of it?

SciFurzSciFurzabout 7 years agoAuthor
@ Anonymous-E

You mean on my Wordpress blog? That was the original idea and first draft of the story. Since then I've rewritten it into the version posted here because it was too lean.

Any further editing and (minor) changes since this one have been done in the commercial ebook.

Sometimes I revisit old ideas and rewrite them or update them with extra scenes to hopefully make them better. Like a director's cut.

And then a special edition, an extended edition, the redux version, the anniversary edition, the let's-make-more-money-from-fans-because-they-buy-anything edition, the author's-dead-1-year-anniversary edition, the-wait, what!? I'm not dead yet!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good on ya!

I've been preferring stories that are on the darker side and yet I liked this tale so much it surprizes me. Variations could also be enjoyable, whatever directions SciFurz may want to pursue. Meanwhile, I think this story should remain as is. Label any alternative versions as being the "Director's Cut" or whichever designation fits that particular version. Then readers can enjoy the whole buffet!

SciFurzSciFurzabout 7 years agoAuthor
@ surprised anonymous

It's great to hear readers being pleasantly surprised by reading something they didn't expect. It's one of the best compliments for me as a writer.

Any changes I made to my stories have always kept the tone of the original and only consisted of additiona material.

It's possible to make things grittier or dramatic, but then it's not the same same story anymore, even if all characters and plot are in there (see Batman franchise).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Honestly I've read only three of your stories it I love your style. You focus heavily on the story part of it while the sexual components are added in at appropriate times. I really like it.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous

Thanks. :-) I'm only writing more seriously since I had to quit work and have a lot more time to do it, so my style is still evolving though.

I try to be more realistic in the stories by building a base for the sexual encounter first instead of having the characters hump at the first opportunity.

I also think the story by itself has to be interesting without relying on purely fap factor.

Exceptions of course when it's parodies like fairy tales and so on. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
wow

that was the BEST short story ive EVER read!!!!!! i hated to get to the end lol

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ enthusiastic anonymous

Thanks!

Now stop reading because you'll read better ones and I can't lose being the best! :-p

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
from Anonymous-E

Quick question: is this story part of your Aoyu Universe series or is it separate? I been meaning to ask you.

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ Anonymous-E

This is a separate story. It's more like a fairy tale.

GoldFinger578GoldFinger578over 6 years ago
Good

Still a good read nontheless

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ GoldFinger578

Thanks. :-)

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Brilliant!

Simply a terrific story written by a master storyteller. Anyone who happens to read this in the comments section, do yourself a favor and check out this and SciFurz's other tales. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ danoctober

Thanks. :-)

Now I can say I'm more than just a master for submissive women. :-p

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
no ink pots were damaged...

in the production of this tail (sic) , tellingly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent, although it would have been good if she struggled more when first taking on her peasant duties.

Gumby603Gumby603over 1 year ago
Great story

Really enjoyed this one. Fun.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[05.12.22]

Top Notch storytelling!

11/10!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSciFurz@SciFurz
2066 Followers
Check the changelog for announcements on published e-books and chapter releases, drawings, and other writing and art: https://scifurz.wordpress.com (also if you want to support me) and there's https://mastodon.art/@scifurz as well for daily micro fiction. Enjoy your reading...