All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 45'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments
FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
Please ... Just .... Stop

Stop posting this to series of a story you clearly don't enjoy, if read at all. I'm easy to contact and do my best to respond to feedback.

It is 3:00 am on a Wednesday morning, I'm suffering and my insomnia is back. I find myself going to my computer, looking for comments on my latest offering because I needed something good to beat back down the FUCKING pain I have been suffering through for a week without any medications - you DUMBASS! Live, or Die, I will make that choice for myself. It is mine and mine alone.

And not only do I get something less than positive, I get if from a person who clearly hasn't bothered to read my work. Had I written and failed - I could live with that.

Anonymous, you didn't even treat me like a person. I was a 'thing' in your mind. A beast you whipped in the fields to make it work the way you wish. You have de-humanized me. You have reduced me to words splashed on a page - relevance made irrelevant by your blanket attack.

I want the Admins to leave your post - the first one of the chapter - here. I want it as a reminder when I do wake up in the morning and get back to work on Chapter 46, I haven't let myself become reduced to so much mindless blood slung on a page. I need to remind myself that I alone have carried this story forward this far and I will continue to do so because I am not the lowest thing you would render me down to be - a trash man spewing filth to the masses for the amusement of a selfish few. I am a writer.

Good Morning all,

James aka FinalStand

AmmononAmmononabout 8 years ago
This is one of the best stories on Lit.

James,

I have told you before, You Rock. I wondered when Kwen was going to show back up and Wham who saw that coming? Aya was touched by a Goddess, she had the faith of a child when Cael sent her to inject the crew of the plane when they were kidnaped. Becoming the heir to the Royal family is not too much of a stretch.

I love Hana's acceptance of Cael and his Foibles. You have the O'Shea's part of the Illuminati tied by more blood. Their being sterile to anyone but Cael is a big deal. I hope that Cael will get a chance to meet his Brother the Khan.

Those of us who appreciate your work, Thank you for enduring your pain, and still brining us a GREAT story.

Ron

thalt992000thalt992000about 8 years ago
Well done

So happy for this chapter and I had a strange feeling there was something special about aya. Glad to see that While kwen still lives she has placed herself as a runner probably to never have a house again. Now that a regency has been set we should get to know the fate of saku. The hint is soon. And I love on how cael was able to beat the challengers like they we weak. Good writing keep up the good work and hear hear for showing that troll that all he is doing giving you motivation to keep writing this good story. Thalt992000 (Larry)

masterhobbesmasterhobbesabout 8 years ago
Beautiful

More please. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Marvelously detailed

I have read easily thousands of novels, and the only series I can think of with anywhere close to this much depth is Dune (while still being pleasant to read and rationally edited).

It's a shame literotica doesn't have a system for an appendix, because the inline annotations are the closest thing to a flaw in this writing.

I'll continue checking 2-3 times a day for a new post, even when I know the next chapter must be weeks away.

cliuincliuinabout 8 years ago
Outstanding,

Kwen has a second chance for life and Red and his merry band are at a temporary truce with Cael. I would like to know if Saku has began her campaign for resurecting of her house and their berseker valors. Aya is smart beyond her years , even if she's influenced by Kathrine and Cael , she has her own wisdom .

My dear anonymous , you are just a coward with Tourete syndrome, no one put a gun to your head to force you to read this story. Some time ago , one of my couch told me that who has talent is doing the sports, the ones with les talents are doing the couching and the worst of alls are trying to be critics. Ques what category are you anonymous ?

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsabout 8 years ago
Simply Amazing Series

James,

This is yet another wonderful chapter to go along with an already spectacular series. There are several grammatical errors, missing words, etc that would allow the story to flow better. That can be explained by people simply missing those intricate moments and added words. However, the story telling is still superb. I would hope that you, if not already one by profession, would be a published author making buku dollars with your fantasy writing capabilities. If you are a published and money making author with books out there, I would love to know who you are so that I could read those works while awaiting new chapters here. You have a gift, you allow seriousness when it is necessary and allow levity to keep us enjoying the story. I hope you continue to grace us with your works, even if you post on your Biography that we now have to pay for it. Thank you for the countless hours of entertainment!

- J

PS: With regards to the missing words, grammatical flow mentioned, I would gladly offer up my services to make suggestions where they could be of benefit.

TheGreatBudhaTheGreatBudhaabout 8 years ago
well worth the wait!

Congrats on yet another wonderful chapter in this continuing epic! I have loved this story from the very beginning and this chapter was yet another reminder as to why.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Quality

I wish I could give you some comment on your grammar or your "writing style". but I am just a normal guy who gets great enjoyment from reading your works, please don't let the cretins get you down and please continue as and when you can. If anything this story is getting better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
My first ever comment

I've never commented before, but I feel I must now. Mainly because of the anonymous person telling you to stop. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! Keep it going. I look forward to the next chapter and am anguished because I don't know how long I'll have to wait for it. You are one of the top writers here, don't let one troll get you down.

cheerfulBcheerfulBabout 8 years ago
Chimpanzee in a forest :)

Aw, Mr. Stand, rest easy.

Honestly, while I understand your comment perfectly, you are describing how you feel--but are throwing pearls before swine and actually giving the obsessive drunk too much credit for even being aware of himself to contemplate something like "dehumanizing."

Try this trick: mentally replace his inarticulate tantrums with the sound of chimpanzees yelping and yowling through the forest. It makes about as much sense to us and is about on the same communication level.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you all. Your comments truly help. I'm 5,500 words into Chapter 46. Most of it is background material ~ the things I write to put the character interactions in perspective ~ but it it growing.

FYI, one of my coping mechanisms is repeating the word 'Nepal' while visualizing a tall, wind-swept mountaintop. I've found chimps to be freaking scary ... ever since I read about Goodall and chimp infant-cannibalism ... ;)

As a final note; Meikkiz Kisetta!

{'From Many Become One' ~ the "traditional" Amazon acclamation to their Queen}

(Hittite: [meikki (many) + Z (from) + kis (to become) + 1-etta (in one)]

cayoviolistcayoviolistabout 8 years ago
I'm Waiting (Mostly Patiently) for More

Interesting developments this chapter. Cael will make an excellent mentor for Aya, who could probably survive without his input now (but what's the fun in that?). I'm really looking forward to reading the upcoming developments.

Also, I'm too lazy to find the chapter right now, but your assertion that the Great Khan would need to avoid revealing supernatural guidance to appear more Islamic seemed to me to be a bit off. Islam (in large part, as I understand it) respects visions and dreams as messages from Allah. I the Khan simply represented his supernatural advice this way he could probably get away with it, if not have it outright accepted. (It might even add to his prestige, since Allah would be providing guidance to his chosen ruler.) Just a thought I've had over time.

I've also enjoyed several of your other series that I'm hoping you can figure out how to get back to. I'm overjoyed that you've managed to maintain enough momentum with this story to bring it to completion. (Assuming I've interpreted you correctly.) Following this up with further adventures in this story universe would be nice too, of course.

Pappy7Pappy7about 8 years ago
Once again

I want to thank you and your extensive research department for all the historical and as far as I can tell, factual information in this series. I look forward to each new chapter and the only complaint I have is that, well actually I don't have any complaints. Sorry about that, I should be smart enough to find something to complain about.

Thanks for taking the time to write and being gracious enough to share these writing with us.

fanfarefanfareabout 8 years ago
Go on...tell us how you really feel!

F_S, just remember, emoting is a healthy response to the stupidity of trolls. I am happy that you are accomplishing so much while also overcoming life's vicissitudes

Some of the plot points I really enjoyed in chp. 45 are: .Cáel gifting Buffy with an honest interpretation of their personal and professional relationship. As this was repeated and amplified during the House Ishara confrontation with the reactionary ex-Runners. Hierarchical structure is only as strong as the shared belief that loyalty flows both down as well as up.

James, My compliments on the wisdom you show delineating Cáel's decision on how to deal with Ryuho Okawa ravings and the growing danger of a catastrophic reaction from the Weave.

As for the Japanese people being of a pacific bent. In my opinion this lasts as long as there are major US military forces to enforce that public attitude. In private, their actual opinions are rather more militaristic than Westerner's realize.

To call the Japanese 'Buddhist' in belief systems embraced by Westerners, is ignoring that their social religion is actually a synthesis of Shinto-Shamanism overlaid with a mish-mash of Buddhist and Neo-Confucian doctrinairism. A bit of similarity to the evolution of the Huguenots and the Sikhs.

Buddhist are no more less human, more peaceful, than other religious stupidities that afflict humanity. Buddhists have fought some of the greatest unknown wars in history. One of those they had while evangelizing Japan almost exterminated the Imperial lineage. Oh yeah, it was triggered by a debate to on defining beauty.

All islands, even Japan and Great Britain, are constrained by a lack of resources and agricultural space. As long as they are supported by continental resources they can at least be autonomous. Frankly, their greatest opportunity for resource independence is a full scale colonization of the oceans they border.

Great plot twists, both the meet and greet fete with Eruthros. A logical plot-arc to this story. And then you totally boggled my mind with Kwenhamai adopting Aya into the Royal House. Investing Aya with the right to eventually inherit{earn??} Sovereign Auctoritas.

"You didn't butcher young boys that night. You murdered every daughter those men would ever have. How lonely we have become because those daughters never had daughters of their own ... because we lost our souls?"..... Would that qualify as a 'Truism'?

Finally: "[Note from SA to SY] -- 'You don't want to know' ... of course, I don't. I'm only the elected head of this government. Why would I possibly want to know what acts of espionage and war my deputies are executing?"....made me laugh out loud!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful Surprise!

I had no idea you were so close to posting a new chapter. I seriously considered skipping work this morning so I could savor this latest offering rather than gulping it whole in my usual manner. As an act of (very) rare maturity, I forced myself to close my laptop and begrudgingly fled its siren call.

True Confession time -- on the other hand, I did leave work early, snicker, snicker.

Thank you for your brilliant storyline and penetrating insights. The humor totally cracks me up! Keep the chapters coming, PLEASE!

Nthusiastic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WOW

Great chapter thanks

FeonorxFeonorxabout 8 years ago

Another awesome chapter. Please ignore the trolls and keep listening to the encouragement and constructive criticism - you consistently write 5-star stories. This is the only ongoing series that I follow. There were others but in practically every other case the author eventually dropped the story incomplete. So my only issue is how long it takes between chapters because after a while I start to fear that there won't be another one...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I am mildly disgusted, that you are not paid handsomely for your writing.

Much gratitude and praise are your due. Please continue, this story or any other that enters your mind. While I despair at the wait between your writings, I accept it as a form of payment, like waiting in line. Your humor is fantastic. Thank you.

_A fan of your fiction_

Blazing_PheonixBlazing_Pheonixabout 8 years ago
Hell yeah you are the Best !!!!!!!!!

You are probably the best writer in Literotica mate keep up the good work and I love your creation of the war more than anything great work mate I'm blessed to have read your writings and probably learnt a few Life Lessons

Thanks again for your wisdom in this fantastic fantasy that YOU HAVE CREATED!!!!!!!!!

TAKE CARE of your Health mate

Sayonara

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerabout 8 years ago
Got to agree

By comparison I am the iguana while your the alligator. Frankly I suck in direct comparison. Your way of wording situations and creating detail, depth, humour and action is incredible. I can only hope to capture a sliver of this in my writings.

JC

sailandoarsailandoarabout 8 years ago
You . . .

. . clearly are one of the best writers on Literotica. Part of a select group of world class story tellers, imagineers, ( each with a particular strength ), that fortunately for us choose to share their gifts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great work, AGAIN

James, FS, you are the best writer on this site. I have read your stories multiple times; particularly Ebb Tide, Christian College and my favorite LNH.

Only cowards make comments and then hide behind Anonymity. This person has burned thru whatever loved one(s) he or she may have had.

You and I have corresponded on gmail and I have always appreciated your stories, the toll it takes on you and your insight.

Steve

fanfarefanfareabout 8 years ago
Note to other readers

I urge everyone willing to spend some of their entertainment budget to seek out James M. Dosher's author page on Amazon. Yes, the released volumes of "Life as a New Hire" are similar to what he has posted to Literotica.

However, I consider my purchases to be a swell expense on my meager budget. I believe, that being able to read the LNH series as an organic whole, assists me in a better comprehension of major and minor plotlines. As well as enabling me a better understanding of the multitude of characters involved.

And I have no vested interest in either Dosher or Amazon's financial success. Some author's, for whom I had made complimentary comments have sent me free books or manuscripts. I still commit to purchasing their published works even though they are available for free on Literotica, It is mt personal peculiarity that in my small way help out those writers.

If your choice is to wait until the entire LNH series is published as a collection. I urge you to consider another series James is working on, only available on Amazon.. "Nanites" is a terrfic wildcard of Dosher's writing talents. I heartily recommend for all his fans.

Flymaster60Flymaster60about 8 years ago
Way to go

Nicely done... Really like this chapter... cant wait for the next one to come out... stay strong... stay safe my friend....

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsabout 8 years ago
Thank you fanfare

Woohoo purchase time thank you for revealing this.

FknRaFknRaabout 8 years ago
Sadly Assholes Hide Behind Anonymous Comments

As evidenced by the multitude of top scores list of ALL TIME in the sci/fi catagory, your work on LAaNH is greatly appreciated by the masses. There's always that one cunt that wants it his way and his way only. We know this is therapy for you, take your time, write what you are inspired to.

And to the anonymous asshole, don't like it? Write something better. But not really, because we know you can't. Yet you show up and spew your hate on every new story so we know you're just watching for it. Waiting with labored breathing in your mothers basement just hoping for another shot to vomit forth your displeasure with multiple exclamation points and question marks just for added emphasis. I hope chapter 46 gives you an aneurysm (jk jk wouldn't want that to be seen as a real hope...) as I will be continuing to praise a talented author in his work of passion. Love and Kisses hehe :x :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
:)

great episode thanks for the effort

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wacko

I find this series entertaining despite the long digressions about politics and alliances, which I skip. Yes it is a bit crazy at times. I liken much of what appears on literotica as similar to outsider/folk art, the best of which is exhibited in museums. Much of outsider art is a bit crazy and obsessive too. As Geno says about UCONN, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to watch/read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Omnibus ??

I know that this series is available on amazon.... any chance that once you concluded it you'll release it there in one omnibus edition?

Keep up the excellent work, it has been a pleasure to read.

T

LBLR15LBLR15about 8 years ago
Let's support FinalStand

James, I too am thrilled with this chapter. I love the interaction of the characters. Also this gives me hope that some day we may read Life as a New Princess telling stories from Aya's viewpoint.

I won't add to the comments regarding the troll. All spot on.

I will mention Smashword as another download source. That site also has Jame's series Nanites which is excellent. I make it a point to vote for James, not just with stars but with dollars by buying his work. For the cost of a beer, one can have e-versions of LANH plus other. I encourage every one to support James with not only great praise but a couple bucks from buying his work. What better way to show him how much we enjoy his efforts!!

cloudwolf0983cloudwolf0983about 8 years ago
Another great chapter

I do want to see how these characters develop, he'll dude, this could be a full blown series on hbo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Dying

Bahaha that meeting with the 12 chirpy hero-worshipers, fiancee, fuck-buddys galore, bodyguards plus, and the news that he impregnated his aunt. I couldn't stop laughing. Glad to see Hana stick up for herself.

PS, for the insomnia, have you tried meditating? I have battled anxiety/insomnia, and I find that square breathing really helps. its best to do everyday but even if you don't, it helps when it's 3 am and you can't stop your mind spinning

Theme34xcpTheme34xcpabout 8 years ago
Please...

Don't listen to that asshole. I've reread your story, James, for the third time last week (up till the chapters posted) and let me tell you something.

You have such a fascinating imagination and your creativity speaks volumes in your work. I don't even know where to begin. The awesome realistic dialogue of Cael, or the impeccable attention you put into creating your world. I guess the best praise I can honestly give you (IMHO/I'd feel this if it were said to me) is that you made me want to write again.

Right now I'm just a college student and don't really know what I'm doing with my life. But what I do know is that I love reading and when I was younger, loved writing. After being teased by my cousins I kind of just stopped. I wish I never did.

When I first read your stories (i started with Isreals story) i was so inspired I started writing again. I figured hey, if someone can make such a story (LANH is quite possibly my favourite story, bar none) then maybe I can somehow replicate at least just partial of your creativity. So far I have a solid beginning for my story but that's it. I don't want to write a story for the sake of sex, I want to create a world as descriptive and imaginative yet believable such as Caels. Please do me a personal favor and for the sake of all your admirers and fans, don't stop writing. Disregard the hateful comments. Obviously anonymous was just another angry person behind a screen for reasons clearly not your fault. It wasn't constructive or helpful, clearly just hate mail. I'd go so far as to say it's most likely a jealous writer.

Anyway sorry for the wall of text, I just couldn't sit by and stay silent. You and your imagination and stories have helped me through some bad times. When I just want to curl up and lock myself away because of the weight on my shoulders. I always know I can just leave reality behind, at least for the moment, and enjoy the life of Cael. Thank you, honestly. I'm going to buy your work when I get a chance. Keep on trucking my man. And good luck.

Ps. Thanks for the info in the comments guys!

Theme34xcpTheme34xcpabout 8 years ago
Oops

I also forgot to ask, but don't feel obligated to answer.

Are you planning on continuing WMD and or Ebb Tide? I find the triplets and Vance to be fascinating. Again it's cool , don't feel you have to answer. Take your time and best wishes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Is there ever going to be sex again?

I actually really like this story, and it's good even without sex. However, I honestly don't understand why there hasn't been any sex in multiple chapters. It's been literally months and who knows how many pages since this dude has gotten laid "on screen", and this isn't a sci-fi or alternate history site.

This site is supposed to be for literotica, and this story has been sadly lacking in the erotica part. I'll keep reading and enjoying it, but it'd be nice if you got back to the point of the site/storyline. I'm not expecting just sex, but having literally none isn't working either.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsabout 8 years ago
Erotica Comes in many forms

Anon, I'm sure there will be "sex" again. Obviously he needs to seal the deal with as many women as possible to create more and more heirs to his House. Not to mention, whomever wins or comes close to winning this "Hunt" is going to want to tear into his hide with wanton lust. There are plenty of stories on this network that focus purely on sex, it is genuinely nice to see a writer developing the characters and not just hammering us with sex considering it is an evolving story, not just a spank it story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hi you are a great thing wit story.

I don't know how many times LOL because of your plots keep up the good work. Don't let them get you down. Looking forward to next chapter keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Do not Mess with Aya or be the next bitch to be dead

Man I would be pissed off to the next bitch that says a word about aya "IS" fucking dead best cael moment

FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
[FinalStand] 'And the winner is?'

{mamētu mešeda is Amazon for Boon-Companion}

Aya {earlier in the chapter}: "... and I will do so alone … because the Amazon Queen has no equals, only daughters.”

[...]

Krasimira: "[Aya], you are mistaken about one thing. You are not alone. You have a mamētu mešeda.”

“Oh,” she perked up, shedding the gloom which surrounded her. She looked at me, our eyes met and we both grinned … then giggled.

Up her hand went.

“Yes?” St. Marie looked upon Aya respectfully and me with much suspicion.

“Is the mamētu mešeda of my mamētu mešeda also my mamētu mešeda?” Aya asked. Just like old times, only Katrina was ahead of the game.

“Oh … by Epona …” the Spy-mistress snorted.

“Cáel Wakko Ishara, who is your mamētu mešeda … oh no,” St. Marie bristled.

“Ah, indeed,” Krasimira nodded. “An unlooked for bonus.”

“Does someone care to enlighten the rest of us?” A councilwoman prodded.

“Oh!” That was Elsa.

“That’s right!” Oneida … she was a fan of me and my spasmodic lifestyle.

“Wakko Ishara’s mamētu mešeda – other mamētu mešeda – is ..."

[A note on sex scenes]

- most of inspiration for sex scenes comes from having a positive outlook on life. In the past several months, my bi-polar condition's depressive side has pretty much ground down my life so the amount of happiness I've been blessed with has been minimal. The latest drug I'm on, Emsam, doesn't seem to be doing much ... but its only been two weeks.

Chapter 46 is at 5,000 words (plus 5,000 more in notes) with a lead in to sex ...

thalt992000thalt992000about 8 years ago
Can't wait my friend.

I love when you give teasers to the next chapter. Make the waiting so much harder.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 8 years ago
ROTFLMAO!

Thanks for the update and sneak peak FS. Can not wait to read the full conversation leading up to the instant when those on the council, who may be considering putting the Amazon Royal line back in the demised column, realize there will be more consequences than they previously were considering. It is also sad that Pamela will have definitely lost her membership in the RALAQILA(Retired Assassins Living Quiet Instructive Lives Association).

Thank You for sharing your talent with us and may you and yours be well!

FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
To Riverwolf0222

Yes, Pamela has indeed been 'retired' from RALAQILA. To stay busy, she has decided to create her own charity - Alamutts ... to help out the needy.

[<b>A</b>dopting <b>L</b>ethal <b>A</b>mazon <b>M</b>ales <b>U</b>nbeknownst <b>T</b>o <b>T</b>he <b>S</b>isters]

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 8 years ago
Ah I see!

Laughed till I cried. I believe I saw a flier for her charity at the local Humane Society. Hmmmmmm. . . . . I think they might have been confused about what Pamela considers a mutt. lol FS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Master storyteller

Finalstand you are a master of storytelling and we all look forward to the next installment with bated breath.

I enjoy the background as much as Cael's story and am in awe of your research skills.

As far as I can tell (like Cael I should probably donate to Wikipedia ) except when you warn us you are taking liberties with ancient history and linguistics pretty much everything checks out. kudos

The other thing I can recommend to people is that when you read or reread the chapters you should check out the comments. When Finalstand and Nutranch explain some of the plot points it is enlightening.

Jaybee99

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
FS, you really make me smile.

I really love this series and am waiting for your next volume on Amazon. It's one of the few books I've re-read because it's fun to read even a 3rd time through. When enough time passes, I'll be able to enjoy them again and be delighted by some forgotten cabbage head wackiness.

Keep up the great work. Don't mind the trolls. They are only brave when hiding behind a screen and anonymity. They are not worth your time. Scroll on and consider the overwhelming positive response from the other genuine readers.

Don't feed the trolls for they fling poo. :)

tex4tgtex4tgabout 8 years ago
I love this story !

I love to read. This story is truly something i will read over and over again. Thank you finalstand.

fanfarefanfarealmost 8 years ago
James, LBLR15 has a great suggestion!

"Life as a New Princess" for Aya's lifestory. An idea worth considering during those periods of when you suffer writers block? If just a cursory, off-the-cuff collection of random skits as a spinoff?

As for writing sex scenes into a story. My difficulty is that I am a rather vanilla heterosexual . Basically 'tab P into slot O'. Usually, first I write a story, then go back and see if I am comfortable with squeezing in some lust. And often I wind up editing the excessively stupid porn I badly wrote just to satisfy my own personal integrity.

priv8iiipriv8iiialmost 8 years ago
Would love to see new chapters in other stories...

I honestly love your writing... But I hate being left hanging... I would love to see you go back to your other stories and add new material...

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Other Stories

Shhhhhhh, if LNH has his attention let him stay focused. His writing is worth the wait hehe

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thanks!

Just re-read large portions of this story and want to thank you (again) for many hours of enjoyment. I really enjoy not only your imagination, but your ability to express yourself in such an entertaining way. I really appreciate your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Waiting for next update

I have read the whole series twice. One of the excellent series in the literotica. When shall we expect the next update

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222almost 8 years ago
Thought left to the imagination!

I just finished reading through the series again and then it hit me about this last chapter. I started envisioning the total storm that I am sure ensued after Cáel closed the door on that training room. I mean face it Buffy has been stressed as it is and now the former Runners she has hand picked just made her fail Cáel for the first time(his own words). I just wonder if and if so how long would it take Helena, Daphne, Paula , and Violet to calm her down. hehehehehe

NutRanchNutRanchalmost 8 years ago
Do your thing

Hey James,

Just realized I hadn't posted a comment on this chapter as I re-read it, again, for the 3rd time.

If it helps at all, your creativity and dedication to your craft inspires me to keep trying despite all the crap life throws at me.

When my days get dark, I read to escape some of the pain and what you provide makes my evenings better than they otherwise would be.

For myself and everyone else that reads your works, I thank you with the most heartfelt sincerity.

Nut

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wait

So if James ends this at the great hunt event...the carnival trip is gone and with it the identity of the traitor in the host..

Ah hell man I was looking forward to the trip to rio

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Update ... May 7th, 2016

Nothing good to report. I haven't written a word on any project in days, unless you count data on German surface warships in World War II and the Ju87D ~ the navalized variant.

Before we had a power outage last week, I had 42 documents open on my PC. I've been struggling to find ANYTHING to pour my creativity into ...

I had restarted work on One in Ten.

I have written most of the final scene in Life as a New Hire.

I have written the first two scenes in the start of chapter 46.

Mostly my problems stem from the fact my psychiatrist took me off my anti-depressants to place me on a new one ... which didn't work. Then came the 'interesting' visit where we went down the LONG list of ALL the anti-depressants which have failed me in the past (since 2006) and - guess what - there are none safe for use on me. I really thought modern medicine was better than that.

Now I'm on a strong mood-stabilizer with the theory I should be so happy my manic side should carry me through my depressive episodes. So far - no such luck.

Worse, the weather had been wretched. Overcast day after day. Two hail storms in a week.

My sleep schedule is toast. If I can string six hours together, it is a blessing. With the lack of sleep come less focus during the rest of the day.

I also should get off Facebook and Yabberz where I spend what little energy I have on the current political circus.

I have been holding off on responding hoping for better news.

Take care. I haven't given up hope. Just feeling down.

James

DreadlokDreadlokalmost 8 years ago
Response

James hope you achieve some level of stability in the near future. We miss your efforts

Your stories are very interesting to me, personally. At the moment I am going through some major health issues myself (Leukemia) and reading your stories is providing a great distraction that I badly need, when I can't sleep in the night.

I find myself looking up historical events mentioned in your "Life as a new Hire" series. The depth of the background you add makes the irreverent dialog and sexual content that much richer. I hope can continue with this wonderful story line through the hunt, the birth is all of his children and the trip down to South America, as well as dealing with his aunts and father.

Hope to see more of your stories soon.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Damn Modern Medicine

Sorry to hear about the troubles you're going through. Power outages are a pain, but throw in medicine changes and that really sucks. We your avid fans will most likely wait patiently while you do what you must.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Is Zhen pregnant?

I am waiting for Zhen, the Seven Pillars leader to turn up pregnant with Cael's baby. Dot Ishara has turned Cael into Mr Fertile.

Whilst she could use Cael's baby as a weapon against him it might be more fun if she rolls up at Havenstone with all the rest of Cael's assistants in charge of ensuring the Ishara line continues. Buffy and Elsa will go spare.

At least the pregnant Aunt is theoretically an ally of the host. So now Cael is knocking up the hosts enemies.....

Hope you feel better soon FS

RasalomRasalomalmost 8 years ago
Bipolar disorder

Bipolar disorder is one beast where what some may consider 'selfishness' or 'laziness' is anything but. You keep on doing whatever you have to, James, for your health and for your family. I'm sure I've said it before and I'll say it again, your fans aren't going anywhere. Sorry about the power hit to your open docs. I hate that. Ditto for the meds.

After trouble with Geodon, and being prescribed Zoloft solo, my wife is currently extremely stable on Zoloft as the anti-depressant and Lamictal as the stabilizer after tweaking the dosages and sticking with Pfizer's brand rather than generic for the Zoloft. Not perfect, energy draining side-effects, but very, very stable. From outside you *may* see 'moody' or 'a bit odd' but not 'nuts'. She's held a highly technical office job for 11 years and been with me for 10, the first four years were untreated and she self-contained in public but let loose in private. Lithium would be fantastic if not for the necessary periodic blood tests because, as luck would have it -- needles trip her trigger for a panic attack which sends her into a bipolar (II) episode.

Take care, James. For every one of us who comments, there's a legion of lurkers thinking similar thoughts. You're held in the highest esteem.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Pregnancy

@Anon 5/08: Well, if things are to be believed then when he has unprotected sex with Lady Yum Yum he admits to having 5 kids on the way. This is before his 7P trip, and Ishara promised him a son from Zhen. I don't think she would openly lie to him. I would assume he has about 7 or 8 on the way now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Best Story on Literotica - Bar None

I just binge read this entire series in less than a week. Some of the geo-political stuff is overwhelming and I find myself skimming a lot of the "In World News" sections.

However, the interpersonal relationships that Cael has developed are great

I love Pamela as a character, even if her knowledge of late 20th century pop culture references is a bit jarring for me. Most full-blood Amazons seem to have little knowledge of the "normal" world, but she knows who Yakko, Wakko and Dot are? But I can easily forgive this bit of discrepancy, considering how funny the dialogue is between her and Cael (and now Chaz).

I also love Timothy as a character, and I am glad that you didn't suck him into the Amazon world. I would like to see more of the down to Earth Cael moments with Timothy.

I cannot wait for the Hunt. I am so excited. I keep envisioning some sort of Hunger Games type arena, except the Hunger in this case is horny. Promises to be epic.

Keep up the good work FinalStand.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222almost 8 years ago
Discrepancy?

Anonymous, I do not see Pamela knowing pop culture to be a discrepancy. It can be explained in several ways:

1. She has had more experiences with the outside world as a whole being the lone assassin.

2. She contains the third fragment of Alal's soul and may to some degree share knowledge.

3. She could just get it from her psychic link with Cáel.

So I think FS has that explanation covered.

Thanks again FS, and I hope for the best for you and yours.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you Riverwolf0222 and about Pamela

Thanks Riverwolf0222 for your attention to this thread and the story.

To understand Pamela, you need to consider a few things:

She was a legend when she retired ... at age 32. She could have been Golden Mare she is that gifted.

Pamela is a rebel spirit in a society which stresses conformity.

Before Cáel comes along, you never hear of Pamela having any Amazon friends, mentors, or companions. None. Even her granddaughters don't really know her.

In comparison, the 'lonely' Katrina has Elsa, Caitlyn, Desiree and Hayden as people she trusts and confides in.

The reason for Pamela's bizarre nature is hinted at back in Chapter 17:

**"I had a twin brother," Pamela turned sad. "I have always wondered what path his spirit traveled once they took him to the cliffs."

"When they told me what happened to boys – I couldn't accept it. Their reasoning rang hollow and I saw their denial of their own blood to be self-defeating."

"I have always wanted to believe my brother waits for me in the Hall of Ancestors so I can finally see his face and tell him I'm sorry that I was the one that was spared," she confessed.**

See, around the age of 2, a very bright Pamela realized she was missing something. Being independent-minded, she sought her own answers ~ and failed. It wasn't until she saw her first pair of twins at the age of 5 she realize what was going on. She went to her Mother and asked where her twin was. She knew she had one. She could 'feel' 'her'. Calmly Pamela's Mother explained her twin had been a boy and that Amazon mothers killed their sons. Pamela didn't like that answer so Pamela's mother sat he down with her adult aunts and cousins to explain things.

What did 5 year old Pamela learn? She lived in a sick cult where EVERYONE was okay with her Mother murdering HER Brother ... everyone but her.

Unlike Aya, Pamela was always tall, strong and quick as a child. We already know she is quick-witted and smart. Everything she attempted, she excelled at growing up. The one thing she didn't succeed at was socializing. She didn't give a crap about making those 'three friends' most Amazons go through life with. When teamed up by instructors, she would inform her teammates she was going to accomplish the mission without them and they best stay out of their way ~ and she did.

She not only had to learn from every teacher she had, she had to beat that teacher. After her 12 year, she regularly did. And she was purposely annoying doing it. In Pamela's mind, everyone of those bitches was on board with murdering her brother and she was going to prove them wrong by defeating them at whatever tests they through at her and she was going to grind their faces in it.

"Fuck them and their 3000 years of tradition!" Her Brother had deserved a chance at life and she missed him every day ~ this absence in her life.

This did not transfer over to disloyalty to the Amazon Host. Pamela thought they were wrong and wanted them to admit they were wrong. She didn't want to destroy them. Destroying the Amazons wouldn't do her dead twin brother an ounce of good.

Given her social isolation from her sisters, Pamela began delving into the outside world. Given her peculiar, quirky nature, her love of outsider comedy should be a given, especially satire. Having been retired for thirty years means she's had time to watch a 'healthy' amount of movies too.

This does not mean she is comfortable in the outside world though. Pamela is comfortable with killing and knows that sets her apart. She is not a sociopath, or psychopath. It is telling she is most comfortable in the company of men such as Chaz.

Note: Pamela no longer possesses the Baraqu fragment of Alal's soul. She once held it which is why she and Alal can sense one another, but it has moved on.

Yes, Zhen Duan is pregnant with Cáel's child. In my mind I'm trying to work out the dynamic between Zhen, Mu (her brother) and Cáel,

1) Take into account Mu loves his sister deeply. She has always been unswervingly loyal and cares for him. He doesn't like the way his fellows in the 7P treat her and he has never thought less of her because she is a woman.

2) If Zhen's father learns of the pregnancy, she's dead. He would not accept the loss of 'face'.

3) If other forces inside the 7P found out Zhen was carrying a living link to Cáel Ishara AND Cáel O'Shea AND Temujin inside her ... horrible, horrible things would happen to mother and child.

4) Where would Zhen (or Mu and Zhen) go? Let's not forget, we are still missing a major Secret Society faction in all of this mess.

Musings ... a child of Cáel and Zhen would be a descendant of Qin Shi Huang [First Qin Emperor of China] and (Yakko) Ishara [One of the First Twenty Houses of the Amazons], great-grandchild of Alal [Head of the Illuminati and Condottieri] and niece/nephew of the Great Khan plus be a Princess of Albania, Georgia and Armenia.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Thanks

James, I love how you take time to converse with your fans. Thank you for confirming what I already believed in Pamela. Can hardly wait for the next chapter.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222almost 8 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for that about Pamela, I like her character so the background information is nice. Be well!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Musings - Wow!!

I enjoy the way you engage with your readers and show us your thought processes

So Zhen and Cael's child could be the next emperor of China, leading a revolt against the 7P and the communist regime, engaging with Aya and all the rest of Cael's offspring by his various lovers.

And if they all get together in 25 years time mentored by Cael, Hanna. Katrina,Temujin and Trần Hưng Đạo (chapter 44 extra) fighting the 7P. The weave of Fate would go ape!

No..!!! Finalstand leave it...!!!!

please finish Life as a new hire before you start Life as a new Princess then Trần Hưng Đạo story then Life of the Next Generation.

Seriously your stories are brilliant.

Jaybee99

rwrasotpwdg2rwrasotpwdg2almost 8 years ago
I was the anonymous poster re:Pamela

I don't know why I clicked Anonymous on that one, but I apologize for that.

RIverwolf and Finalstand: Thank you so much for the explanation, That makes a lot of sense, and helps it sit better with me. Before I had been writing it off as a side-effect due to the psychic connection, but your explanations resolve it for me.

Like I said, I find them tremendously entertaining. Can't wait for the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
desiree?

feels like hana is the new desiree...

makes me miss the actual desiree...

oh well...

thought in the beginning she was the one who might stay with him through everything.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Anonymous, on the Desiree post: PM me please

I'm not 100% sure what you meant about the Hana being the 'new' Desiree comment so could you please PM me please. I would like to think they are very different characters. A while ago, I began writing the sequel to Life as a New Hire and the first scene is Desiree and Cael, alone and talking, so I found your comment about them sticking together odd.

Thank you for your time,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
sequel?

how are u finishing life as a new hire?

thalt992000thalt992000almost 8 years ago
I believe he has stated

O believe F.S has said new hire is ending after the hunt is the end as cael is no longer under the probation period of a new hire.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ending chapters

have u written ending chapters of life as a new hire... if u have started writing the sequwl

acesezacesezalmost 8 years ago
really loving the series

second time ive read this series and i like the other series u written so get well soon

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Sequel and Progress (May 23rd 2016)

A note on my writing style, so to speak. I often write whole scenes disjointed from the current timeline which I plan to use later as the story progresses. As an example; the club scene where Cael and Pamela first meet Miyako and Selena. I was giving the idea of the other secret societies some thought and the vision of him accidentally bumping into those two came to mind so I wrote it out ~ before I finished the writing the scene with Cael at the hospital visiting the downed Amazon.

Back in June of last year (2015) I had an idea about what I might do next so I put down the opening scene for a sequel to Life as a New Hire called LNH: The End of the Beginning (from the Winston Churchill quote). I felt it appropriate it began late on the night of Wednesday, December 24th on top of the Empire State Building, just Cael and Desiree ... on the date he promised her ... and went from there. It is sitting at around 12,000 words now.

So, will there be a sequel? I hope so. I wish I had an answer for you either way. I don't know for sure.

How is the writing progressing? Bad news/good news, I guess. I am not making progress on LNH 46, but I am writing again which I pretty much stopped doing for nearly a month. Currently I'm battering away at WMD 4 (don't ask me why ~ I just am ~ I am WAY OFF any sort of coherent game plan at the moment) and A Tale of the Technician 8 ... because a fan asked me to take another look after over TWO years ... and something clicked so I put out over 4,000 words already and hope to do around 6,000 more before sending it to my editors.

Since my best indicator of my mental state is word output, I think I'm finally making some progress. I hope things continue to pick up.

James aka FinalStand

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Good

It is good that you work on multiple stories. Will keep you from burning out on just the one. I mean, LNH is 45(really 46 and info too) chapters long. Likewise CCSC is 34, etc. These lengths are not just Novel length, but worth multiple books. People do complain that you have a proclivity towards not wrapping up a story. Which is sadly true. They however don't bother asking themselves why. Having ADHD, I can kind of understand writing wise what you're going through. That said, your writings are so good that I have gone and re-read the majority of your series at least 4 times each.

To them I would say,be grateful for the hours of free entertainment that James has given us. To you bud, keep doing whatever it is you need to in order to keep moving forward. I look forward to ch 46 and hopefully a sequel. Good luck Sir.

BlackkingBlackkingalmost 8 years ago
Hi hi

I love you Story , an i really have enjoyed the story of you to the last chapters.

I look forward to the next chapters of you.

Your Fan from Germany ^^

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wondering?

James;

Would "ON TO RIO" open up your imagination from the writer's block from

"The End of the Beginning" ...(Great title by the way.......WS was enough of a maverick to support you on this)

On to Rio reminds me of the Famous civil war cry:"On to Richmond"

Get well;

Henry.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Henry - Ha!

When I was in my 20's, I spent many weekends playing table top miniatures using 'On to Richmond' rules and a House version called 'On to Vienna'. I had a lot of fun. Thank you for reminding me. At this second I'm trying to be functional as a tropical depression ran over my home yesterday, sparked a manic phase and kept me up until 5 am in the morning. I appreciate the kind words.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Please James give us an update on my the next chapter......

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Update: June 11th 2016

Mainly my life has been shitty. Chapter 46 grew by about 1,300 words a week ago then I abruptly stopped writing once more. That is the current dysfunctionality of my mind. I am currently re-reading Life as a New Hire (up to chapter 15), seeking inspiration.

James aka FinalStand

thalt992000thalt992000almost 8 years ago
Hope

James take the time you need. We would rather have your best work than anything rushed or something that you yourself is conflicted over. Read the story find what it was that inspired you in the first place. I went back and read a email from a while back and you had me riveted like you have for the entire series. But granted it was a same scene that is aways off from where the story's sits. Look at all the little side parts you have written and already planed out to also help out. All I will say to refresh what I'm talking about is 2words ninja and Christmas time. Yes I'm being vague for a reason people. I will say that if he says OK I'll think about posting it in comments but it's his choice considering we are still a ways off from then in the story and he may have change his mind on it. Once again I wait till I can read your work.hope you can find a light in darkness and remember while I may not speak for every one just feel better first than write with what you can when you can. I'm in no rush it reminds me of waiting for Winds of Winter which was originally supposed to be out before this current season of Game of Thrones on t.v

Larry---thalt992000 (thalt992000@gmail.com)

thalt992000thalt992000almost 8 years ago
Never mind

I lost the email with that section in it but I still remember the jist of what you put into words and I still loved the idea you had.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Yay

Thanks for the update James. You're the only author who I read that I don't have to reload every couple days to see if a new chapter has been written. Thank you. Anyone that feels the itch to read more, like someone else said before, checkout his work Nanites. It is a wonderfultake on vampirism andother mystical things. Well worth the money.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

James, your story is fascinating and I am expecting your next chapter soon.can you give us an update as of 17th june( if possible )

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 8 years ago
Unique and interesting but....

I want to start by saying I am absolutely hooked on this story. My gosh it is just so complicated and I don't know how you keep everyone and every group and every faction straight!

I have to admit, I completely skip all of the World News Tonight info dumping because I am only interested in the essential story. Though I am very impressed with your ability to piece every event and every response together with geographical interests and insights. But, I feel like they go on too long and my attention span won't hold.

I really like every single character you've invented! As a female, however, I am unable to suspend belief with his refractory ability. I roll my eyes thinking " oh sure sure you wish you could..." I also find the continued interest of every female a far cry from believable. 99% of women won't share and would walk away, so the fact that you've got this guy having sex with 8 different women all of whom know about all of the others, just makes this story take on an adolescent fantasy type theme. There is no way you can package and sell that in any semblance of believability.

I hope I haven't discouraged you at all because in spite of those minor negatives I've shared I still love this story! I hope your brain settles down soon allowing you to creatively focus and get some rest. Sometime the only balance is spending equal time on each end of the teeter totter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
AMAZING!

James,

You are an amazing storyteller. Thank you for your hard work and stellar talent. I most frequent your amazon and literotica pages in the hope of finding an update to your stories. I've read and reread Life and Nanites multiple times, and each time I finish, I want more. Keep it up. I hope you are feeling better, perhaps a little selfishly-- though not entirely, and I hope all the positive vibes from your loyal readers give you a bit of a boost.

Readers,

As earlier recommended, I, too, encourage you to purchase all 8 books of Life as a New Hire so far published as well as the Nanites series from amazon. I find it to be a more enjoyable reading experience while supporting a talented artist--no dig to literotica intended.

Gratefully yours...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
U DED?

It seems to be gaining on 4 months between updates. Sorry to see that you seem a bit beaten down at the moment. I just was checking in to see if you've truly hit the wall creatively. And if I should migrate to a quarterly check for updates or continue a more frequent check for updates. Hope you feel better soon and more inspired.

Sincerely,

Another Anonymous Fan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
keep the hope and the soul

Enjoy your writing and keep it the pure power you always have. Me and many other read and reread even the unfinished one because of life's curve balls(even understand it now tho I was so mad when I was starting and lost Ebb Tide and One in Ten lol) love that your rewriting/editing LNH because its one I keep re-reading to often lol. Have to ask if me and the others should wait to get the rewrite chapters on amazon/smashwords like the others kindly reminded us, or fine to get it now for easier reading(damned internet requirements, and refuse to cheat).

Never give up hope

Sleep well and dream of Love

-SnowRevol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Hi James, I hope you are doing fine...please give us an update if it is possible James

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Update: July 9th, 2016

Well ... my new medication is slowly making things better, but my kidney and liver are both acting up again so ...

I saw my psychiatrist Wednesday (the 6th) and he is looking into getting me into a magnetic therapy program at Duke University because he's worried about giving me anymore pills.

I had a brief, concerted writing spurt and the word count on LNH Chapter 46 jumped to 12,800 words. I'd really like to finish up two scenes before submitting it to the editors despite the incredible delay. I've been in a really dark mood and I'm trying to keep as much of that out of the story as I can.

Here is a segment of what I've done so far: [

After Sunday's Council meeting Cáel has gone to finally meet the girl in 3F.]

Juanita tailed me to 3F. I rang the doorbell and waited. Movement … hesitation …

“Hey!” through the door.

“It is Cáel Nyilas from down the hall,” I responded. “You’ve been kind to me on numerous occasions and I’ve been remiss in thanking you. My roommate, his boyfriend, my ‘buddy’ and I are going out for brunch and a movie and I’d like it if you could come along. I apologize for the short notice. My life’s been a mess recently.”

“Oh … OH!” she gasped. “Hold on!” I could make out the sounds of her running around before the door swung open. She was blushing in embarrassment and it wasn’t hard to see why. Her place as a pigsty. The girl in 3F was cute, zesty and vibrant ~ 5’ 2” and 110 lbs. She was busty, bra-less with light brunette hair pulled back in a loose bun and pale skin.

She was wearing a white wife-beater and cut-off jeans – no socks, or shoes. Both were stained. Her place was a mess with discarded fast food containers, pizza boxes, grocery bags, shipping boxes and other such debris lying about.

“Come in. Let me get dressed,” she ushered us – me in.

“This is my bodyguard, Juanita. She’s going to take a quick peek around then make herself scarce,” I tried to smooth things over.

“In this dump?” Juanita scoffed cruelly. “I don’t know where to begin.”

Blink. The girl in 3F’s lower lip trembled and her eyes grew watery. She sniffled. I’d had it with … everybody.

“That is uncalled for,” I said in a dead voice as I pivoted toward Juanita. “Go home.” Juanita glared. “I don’t mean my home. I mean ‘home’ as in wherever you go when you aren’t with me because you are passed being on my last nerve. Don’t call in a replacement either. I’ve had it with you and your fucking attitude ~ and today – right now – I am pulling rank. Get out of my sight.”

“I’ll be out in the hallway,” Juanita backed away.

“No,” I shook my head. “You are not welcome in Ishara’s presence for the rest of the day. Your crass words to a person who has only shown me kindness were the last in a long list of insults today which have had a detrimental effect on my quality of life. Go home and contemplate your failure.”

She tried to match wills with me with her gaze.

“Let me at least call in a replacement before I go,” she retreated.

“No.”

“You are being unreasonable.”

“Yes I am. A minute ago you ceased being worthy of an explanation.”

“I’m sorry,” 3F spoke up. “I didn’t mean to make you and your friend get into a fight.”

“We aren’t fighting,” I kept my eyes on Juanita. “She made me a promise to respect my desire to live a somewhat private life. The way she treated you is showing the utmost disrespect to both you and me. She made an assumption no matter how horrible her behavior, I would stomach it and I’m letting her know she’s mistaken. Good-bye Juanita.”

“Don’t do this, Ishara,” Juanita tried to guilt me by authority.

“You should have thought over your obligation to our House before you opened your damn mouth and insulted my neighbor, Juanita. The next words out of your mouth will be taken as an assault on my prestige.” Basically, a ‘fuck-you’ to Juanita for being a bitch and then trying to guilt me out of over me punishing her over lousy attitude. By sending her away, I was punishing her, there was no doubt of that in my mind.

The agreement I had with my bodyguards was simple – I accepted the necessity of their presence because my life really was in danger and they accepted I wished to maintain some illusion of normalcy. Juanita crossed the line – again – and I’d had enough so now NO Isharan was going to be around to both protect me and intrude on my normalcy and I was forcing the responsibility of my decision on both of us … because it WAS her fucking fault.

Juanita bowed slightly, turned and left. Oh, she’d be calling this in. The difference was she’d have to explain I was furious and why I was furious and that would make Buffy furious with her and deep down, Juanita knew she was in the wrong. The next bodyguard(s) to show up would either be highly discrete, or someone I couldn’t easily shove away.

I had an immediate emotional crisis to deal with.

“I …” the girl in 3F mumbled, looking at everything, but me.

“Ya know, your decision to give the maid the week off was really inopportune,” I grinned at her.

“Ah?” She was stumped.

“I owe you a favor, or three, don’t I?” I inquired.

“You don’t have to look at it that way,” she evaded verbally while making eye contact.

“Deal,” I widened my smile. “We are going out to the Egyptian place a few blocks over. Get dressed. While you are doing so, I’m going to go completely OCD on you and pick up your living room. Pretend to be surprised when you come out,” I finished with a chuckle.

“You … ah … don’t have … ah … to,” she worked through the weirdness of it all. My smile won her over.

“Good. Get dressed. I’ll call my roommate and his boyfriend to hurry over here and help. Hurry!”

“My place is a mess,” she gulped.

“But it won’t be … and face it, after seeing me and my bodyguard get into a spat after her beyond rude behavior and my offer to clean up your apartment, today can’t get much more bizarre, now can it?”

Yes. Yes it could, but by burying the bizarreness of me and Juanita, I was actually doing her a tangible favor – cleaning up her place – and taking her out with the option for sensuality later.

“Oh … you are right. That was pretty weird,” she agreed with an impish smile. “I’ll get dressed.”

She skipped off to her bedroom. I called Timothy and had him and Sovann hot-foot it over to 3F with some trash bags. Her place was a mess – capital ‘M’.

Take an impossibly awkward situation of finding a guy you are sexually curious about, his gay roommate and his gay roommate’s boyfriend in your apartment’s main room cleaning up the place and turn it into a game. Forty-five minutes later, Theddy (Theodora) wasn’t sure why she felt embarrassed about having the three of us over.

We put sixteen extra-large trash bags on the curb along with her old sofa. We have her our brand new, sleeper-sofa since we would soon be departing. I was also giving her my relatively new bed (we would work out a deal on my suspension equipment). We chiseled her old carpet off the floor – it was beyond gross, tore out her garbage disposal – it was developing intelligent life – and cleaned her bedroom and bathroom too.

All along we bantered about numerous topics including …

[Sovann] “So what do you do for a living?”

[Theddy] “I’m a sound technician … I dub for … pornos …”

[Me] “My … how bizarre. I love porn. Have you done anything I may have listened to?”

[Theddy] “Maybe … I also sell the soundtracks of your sex-capades.” She was blushing, shuffling her feet and looking down as her confession spilled forth.

[…]

[Theddy] “I saw a girl break into your place, but didn’t report it. Was that okay?”

[Timothy] “What did she look like?”

[Sovann] “Was she armed?”

[Me] “Hey now!”

[Sovann] “You’re right. Stupid question. Of course she was armed.”

[Theddy] “Really?”

[Me] “Plenty of women show up to my place unarmed. Odette has never shown up armed. Neither has Brooke, or Libra.”

[Timothy] “It is so sad it is easier for you to name your unarmed girlfriends than your armed ones.”

[Me] “It is <b>NOT</b> that bad.”

[Timothy] “Yes it is.”

[Me] “Not it isn’t.”

[Sovann] “Yes it is. Shall I name five?”

[Me] “Fine,” I hung me head. “Let’s not.”

[Theddy] “Do you hang out with really deadly women?”

[Me] “Define ‘deadly’.”

[Timothy] “Yes, he does.”

[Sovann] “Bro, it’s gotten so bad, Odette started giving a technical critique to the last action movie we watched together.”

[Me] “That’s not my fault.”

[Timothy] “Right. It’s your crazy Grandmother’s and your buddy in the SAS’ faults.”

[Me] “Pamela not <i>really</i> my Grandmother and he’s not in the SAS. He’s in the SRR. They’re totally different.”

[Theddy] “I noticed you didn’t say she wasn’t crazy and who is the SRR?”

[Timothy] “The British Special Reconnaissance Regiment.”

[Me] “They’re big map and compass people.”

[Sovann] “Like big, delicious Boy Scouts.”

[Timothy] “With guns.”

[Sovann] “Oh. He had a gun?” and then Timothy threw a coach pillow at him.

[…]

[Theddy] “I’m sorry that guy tried to kill you.”

Pause as we three looked at each other.

[Timothy] “Which one of us?”

[Sovann] “Hang out with Cáel and you’d be surprised how many people show up trying to kill you … or him … or someone else.”

[Theddy] “Really?”

[End Scene]

thalt992000thalt992000almost 8 years ago
OK awesome

That has got to be some of the better dialogue I have read in a while .just shows his life is never simple. Can't wait but get better first

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222almost 8 years ago
Thank You for the update.

And take your time, feel better and don't force things. Anyone who enjoys your story telling will be happy to wait for what you would want to put forth.

Be Well.

NutRanchNutRanchalmost 8 years ago
Thanks for the update and Good to hear from you again.

The Docs at Duke are first rate. They took real good care of my wife and daughter, separate time and issues, when other hospitals were just scratching their heads and making puzzled noises. They even got my psycho sister in law straightened out, (mostly, kind of) same general issue as you have but add in drug addiction and alcoholism.

Hope they can do the same for you FS, only better and faster.

Be well my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Get well soon!

I really enjoy this series. I've re read the entire series several times, as well as, reading your other series. I like the way you incorporate real world updates into the storty. I'm really looking forward to the hunt and the introduction of the several new young characters!!

Try to stay positive and focus on your health. Realize you have fans that are rooting for your future good health

IamRay23IamRay23almost 8 years ago
We want More!!!!

Hey FS, it was a really great series. Got a bit disappointed that it was not concluded, you know, after reading through 45 long chapters and being left hanging in the dark. Hope you continue this series and we get to know more about the adventures of funny-bones Cael Nyilas. Keep on writing- YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Can you please give us an update James..and I hope you are recovering well ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hang in there James

Hope you're feeling better soon and the new program helps get rid of some pills. Looking forward to the next chapter.

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
IT IS DONE! UPDATE (July 21st 2016)

For everyone who has kept after me ... its finally paid off after five months. At 20,115 words (that is roughly six pages), I've submitted Chapter 46 to my editors tonight. Unfortunately, I did a bit of a re-write on earlier edited portions of the chapter so it may take a few days to have this up on Literotica. Still ... now on to Chapter 47.

If you feel you can't wait, drop me a line.

NutRanchNutRanchover 7 years ago
Way to stick to it

As much as I have been anticipating this installment and how much I love to read your phenomenal work, I am actually happier that you were able to finish this chapter because it means you are feeling, at least for the moment, better than you have been.

Welcome back and here's to many more chapters!

Be well my friend

Nut

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5296 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES