All Comments on 'A Gardener's Touch'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
More please

I realize you prefaced this version of your story stating that you had no intention to write a sequel to it; however, it is so well done, imho it really does deserve continuation.

dani_lrlmdani_lrlmabout 8 years ago
I second the request for more!

I don't normally read SF any more, (I used to just devour Asimov, Clarke and the likes when I was younger) but I liked this story so much that I would love to read more of its kind.

By the way I must tell you how much I loved your "Shepheard" series, I just had a lot of trouble to register and I think you switched off Anonymous comments.

Thank you for your contributions.

D.S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great

This was a great story.

Boyd Percy

ScotrickScotrickabout 8 years ago
Brilliant

A touching story, well worthy of five stars. Please write about their life together.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
Hmmm....sequel?

You don't have to do a sequel based on these two characters to please your readers by doing further exploration of this wonderful universe you have invented as the setting for this story. There are so many possibilities for stories! Please take advantage of what you have here. Write more, much more, about all the people and aliens you have invented.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story in a wonderful exciting world!

Thank you!

Even though you're not intending to write a sequel to this beautiful story I sincerely hope that you will come back to this enticing world and start a new Saga :-)

Per

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
5/5

Great story telling as always.

I gather it is an earlier time than Jack Danner time.

At that series timeline humanity is politically cutthroat as usual but at this is also "endorse" slavery.. quite the dark future considering it's not so improbable.

Archangel_MArchangel_Mabout 8 years ago
Magnificent

I imagine that Grenville and AnnaZelle are elderly, if not deceased, by the time of the Danner saga. However, I would very much like to see more of the Chuuruthians. Don't get me wrong, I am very much in love with SennLann, but another catgirl never goes amiss. ;)

On a side note, your stories always seem to have just a few tiny typos here and there. Always homophones. If you want someone to give future works one last glance-over, you've only to ask. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
More pkease

Touching, thanks

ThamuZThamuZabout 8 years ago
Beautiful

This was a great addition to your collection. Even though a direct sequel isnt needed, it would be nice for Grenville or his garden to be an inclusion in a future jack danner story, considering how important he is to the Churuuthians! Either way, well done and thankyou! :)

G1breelG1breelabout 8 years ago
A great add to your canon

Reading this reminded me of Larry Niven's Tales of Known Space. The story stands by itself but fits seamlessly into the larger universe at the same time. Excellent work.

audovoiceaudovoiceabout 8 years ago
Enjoyed it immensely!

This was a wonderful story. I put my feet up and slowly drank a nice mug shot of hot tea while I read this story from beginning to end. It was a pleasure to read this calm story about a gentle soul.

As an asside, I did not know how bad things were on earth during the events of the Jack's New Job series, but it helps explain the unhealthy fanaticism some of the human characters displayed.

I hope I get to read more from you, and if possible more in this universe, but I know it is not something you can force.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
delightful, thank you for a very entertaining story

while it was a study in contrasts the extremes seemed to blend together in the end.

sequel? not needed. this was so well written it is a strong standalone story just as it is.

NafsAmaraNafsAmaraabout 8 years ago
A pleasure to read your work

Thank you for your labour. You are a captivating wordsmith and I wonder if you write elsewhere?

Slowly working my way through all your stories and hope for more to come.

werewolfmasterwerewolfmasterabout 8 years ago
IMPORTANT!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL TO THIS STORY PLEASE

ThepornwriterThepornwriteralmost 8 years ago
Loved It

Great story, loved the ending, two lonely people together forever!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
More please!

I would love to see more of this beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The sign of a great 'stand alone' is

when it leaves you wanting more.

Well done, as usual. Thanks for the read and especially thanks for all the work you put into your work, it shows.

GeoD

sithonsithonalmost 8 years ago
Wow. This is a good one.

This could go in scifi or romance or nonhuman . It touches so many genres it is truly fine work. This universe demands expansion ! It doesn't have to be Grenville's part of it either. You could examine the cultures of the various races or you could expand into Grenville's life. This could be your next big project. Keep writing, you're doing great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Hope you change your mind about a sequel I'd love to read it if you do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The best

In all my years of reading I cannot think of a story better written. thoroughly enjoyed every word, every emotion. Please write more; Your two main chacters are so well descibed I think I know them:).

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
beautiful and powerful narrative

but BurntRedStone must be sitting back chuckling quietly reading the comments. All the while knowing any controversy was generated by his own words.

you just can't start the story with:

"I enjoyed writing it and I have no intention of writing a sequel to it."

and end it with:

"... but that's another story"

lol

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
I just read this one twice...seems like I always get a bit more the second time!

Wonderful story! Everything you have written has been a delight to read and this one is no exception. Thanks for your writing skills...imagination...and best of all, your "touch!"

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 7 years ago
Very Good

I really enjoyed this fine work. A very well done fleshing out of characters and their introduction and place in the story. Hope to see more along this line.

Thank you for the hard work.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Info

I really liked it. Would love for it to be a full book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You messed up my routine.

I normally just listen to literotica stories to and from work, but since I've discovered your submissions I spend every available extra minute reading your stuff. Your non-erotic story lines are as riveting as the hard stuff. I hope you are making a good living writing under another name because you deserve it.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 7 years ago
Absolutely Wonderful

I was so glad when you came back to Jack's galaxy. Now we got to learn just how the Allsa Komanae had attempted their genocide of the Chuuruthians. Did you already have the who and why planned out when you introduced the human discovery in Daily Grind? Though Grenville is kind, human society seems to have become despicabley monstrous that they would sell off a baby to servitude or a government that would force over 50 years without the person in question's consent ... horrifying. Sadly, I can see that callousness in our society.

surfandturf64surfandturf64over 7 years ago

So get to the other story thanks

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I wish

I had read the Jack Danner stories first

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Glad I finally read it

When this was first posted, I saw the callousness of the setup and decided to skip it for now. After reading the end of A Spherard Afield, I decided to finally read the only BurntRedstone story I hadn't read. I'm glad I did. While I saw most of the story developments coming based off of your other innocent characters (Bron, Ed and to a lesser extent Penny, Karen and Willow), I enjoyed Greenville's and AnnaZelle's ability to heal each other. Would look forward to the hinted at 'other story' that was mentioned, but I agree it is fine as it is and doesn't need a sequel.

As always, I enjoy your stories and look forward to more.

TayJK

tayjk42@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Loved this story though it doesn't involved erotic moments, Looking forward to read what comes next ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow

are some of these comments your friends/relatives/people you've blackmailed.

While I've read far worse, there is nothing amazing that I see. A bit long winded and unrefined writing, but if it works, it works, I guess. Damned if I can see it though. Just going to scratch my head.

Even for the great great price of 'Free' I can't bring myself to read your longer works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I Wish !

I believe I read that this is going to be a stand alone story. What a shame; this truly is just the start of what could become a wonderful story. Please reconsider and think about writing more.

hellinahelmethellinahelmetalmost 7 years ago
Well Done...

When I can give 5*, favorite the Story and the Author for a short story...you´ve got my attention. I will definitely be reading your work. I have been reading scifi and fantasy since I found a copy of ´John Carter Of Mars´ too many years ago to count, so there aren´t too many scifi, fantasy genre authors I haven't heard of and read. Liked this story and think I'll be enjoying all of your stories, as I always pay attention to what "I" like to read...Thank you for you time and wondrous imagination, now I´m going to check your Bio...Take care and God Bless

wanagethighwanagethighover 6 years ago
wow

i cant believe im just reading this now when ive read all your stories 2-3 time with the exception of maby 1 or 2 this was just a wonderful side story Jack Danner universe and would love to see this as a long series or a trilogy or even a sequel but it deffently need much much more ps just wonderful

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful Greville!`

A charming story, please reconsider a possible continuing saga of Grenville's life.

Thank you

BigYin1981BigYin1981over 6 years ago
Man...

This deserves a sequel, you can't just end a story with the words "A very long, happy, and exciting lifetime... but that's another story." and not tell us more about this gentle giant...Please lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ed and now Grenville

You seem to have an uncanny knack for limning the personalities of an idiot savant. It allows me the very great pleasure to escape, to envy of them. You must be something of the ilk as well to capture it.

Thank you,

dante_1_23dante_1_23over 6 years ago
Lovely story

Straight to the heart, it make me shed a tear, altho i would have loved a sexier ending

GailAGailAover 6 years ago
a happy ending

I am so impressed with this story. Again, even though there isn't too much detail on the world building, it felt real and possible. It was a terrible look at the future, dystopian in my view, and I couldn't put it down. I wanted to see the gardener get his happy ending - and he did. now I'm all happy too. : - D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Gr8 story.

I read that this would be a standalone tale but there is much that is left incomplete &/or unexplained for example Grenville's heritage and what becomes of him. Please reconsider and write what happens next.

Thanks & Regards

Sanjeev Achrya

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
More??

I loved this story as I did "Jack's" and others. Of all the comments on it only 1 didn't ask for more or at least more within the universe. That has to be some kind or record! My sci-fi reading started with Asimov, Heinlein & Norton. Your offerings are just as captivating. Please keep going. Please do give us more when you can in this Universe.

Sincerely, The infamous Anonymous

AnyMooseAnyMooseabout 6 years ago
This could be mainstream sci-fi

Very well done; this (maybe revised & extended just a bit) would fit in many commercially published anthologies or short story military sci-fi collections

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Unexpectedly beautiful

I don't read Sci-Fi much anymore, but really enjoyed this story. Wonderful flow and twists.

ogeorgeogeorgeabout 6 years ago
A great story

Wondered what a non-erotic story would be tucked innocently amongst many erotic ones. Curiosity set me to reading it. I'm glad I did. It's a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I didn’t care for it.

tj1976tj1976over 5 years ago
Great Story

At the beginning you said there wouldn't be a sequel.

At the end you said "but that's another story" implying more :)

Timmy4uTimmy4uover 5 years ago
Loved it

I love that this ties into Jacks story. I really enjoyed that Jack ends up living in the same area.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Story’s in the wrong category. It should be in the “Sci-Fi / Nonsense” category.

LwcbyLwcbyover 5 years ago
Really Liked It

Please tell us the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nicely Done

You have a great talent in writing such that the reader feels at home in the story's setting. If people don't like the story, then they can move on to a different subject matter. Be confident that it's not from your lack of skill in storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
PLEASE... Write the sequel 'Love of a Gardener!'

Respectfully request you take back your earlier decision to NOT write a sequel to this story. Needs to placed into the Romance section with multiple pages of AZ and Greenie getting it on, and getting in touch with 'her' side of life. OMG, please BR!

Please! ~ WN97

PS! Luv your writings, please continue as life allows.... (bowing humbly!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

My third time reading this, I keep hoping that you change your mind and give your admiring readers at least one more chapter.

ausvirgoausvirgoalmost 5 years ago
Loved the story.

A great story.

I definitely agree with not having a sequel though - this story is closed, and any sequel could just as easily be a standalone same universe story.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 5 years ago
Every time I re-read your stories, I enjoy it even more!

Awesome!!!

BigYin1981BigYin1981almost 5 years ago
I agree with Arrowglass

I've read this and every other story of yours several times and as said i enjoy them more with each reading.

BusypawsBusypawsalmost 5 years ago
Irresistible read!!

Thank you for this heartwarming story! Finished reading it in one sitting and it’s truly a gem on Literotica! This is definitely worth re-reading!

Geon54Geon54over 4 years ago
If interested

For those looking for more, the last chapter of "Jack's True Calling" BRIEFLY references what we already know of Grenville's time on Chuuruthia.

EmmeranEmmeranover 4 years ago
Best damn story yet

Thank you and keep up the wonderful work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great sci-fi story

Really enjoyed reading this one

OleGrumpy7OleGrumpy7over 4 years ago
More spinoffs please!

I know you said this was a stand alone and I respect that. But, given the joy I had in reading this simple,story, as well as your others, I would encourage you to repeat the spinoffs whenever the mood strikes you. Thank you for sharing.

ArcTalyxArcTalyxover 4 years ago

While I don’t think this is BurntRedstone’s best work, it is better than 99% of the other stories on Lit. This story is truly beautiful in it’s unapologetic simplicity, much like it’s main protagonist, unapologetically simple with a beautiful spirit. The similarities with BurntRedstone’s “One Who Understands” and “Bacchus” were definitely there, but there were enough differences to help this tale still feel fresh enough to enjoy thoroughly.

To the trolls voting down BR’s stories, get a life. His stories are rated high because his stories are like comfort food, you know what you are going to get (a big strong main protagonist with a good sweet character) and you always feel better after enjoying it. Getting notified of a new release always brings a smile to my face as I know I am going to enjoy my time. Good pacing, well above average grammar with few typos or word omissions if any, and a story line simple enough that I don’t need to reread the entire series to remind myself of the motivations and intrigue of the 200 characters referenced in 2 pages (ok so I exaggerated a bit, but you know what I mean). His stories are all five stars for me not because I think they are the greatest literature ever written but because I love my Literotica comfort food, and BurntRedstone delivers that excellently.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

Clean, simple, and a delightful read.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 4 years ago
I agree with olegrumpy

More spinoffs. You did say at the end that was another story.😀

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Outstanding!

Intriguing and interesting tale, well written. Great read.

Thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Love it

I was scared it was going to become a downer but you surprised me in the greatest of ways

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Traxus9

Oh my, oh my, oh my ...... 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗.....

dontcha just love a happy ending ???

I do .......

PapaGolf414PapaGolf414over 3 years ago
A Wonderfully Unique Story...

...with a beautiful ending! Thank You Burnt Redstone. I have enjoyed your Edward Walters and Ben Shepherd sagas immensely and think this stand-alone story is just as good. And even though you have clearly stated your intention to never do a sequel, I have to agree with your many responding fans who would enjoy reading another stand-alone story of your character Grenville. Thank you, and God Bless the human compassion in your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So Nice

A story with sweetness and no ridiculous exaggeration.

OK... the dialogue is a bit stilted. So what!

The story line actually makes sense.

Very Nice Indeed

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Sweet story, eventually.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
A hidden Jewel

The story started out very dark and depressing, I wasn't sure I wanted to continue reading or not. Sure glad I decided to continue because it's a five star story. You're right, it doesn't need another chapter, we know they lived happy ever after with lots of little Grenvilles running around. Thanks.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Al comes to those who wait, good karma, your writings about good men like this guy and Ben in your other Shepard stories are wonderful, they give us hope. Keep writing.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Wonderful story, sir.

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerover 3 years ago

I really wish you would go back on your word and make a sequel but it is your prerogative. I could totally see a story where they infiltrate the world to try and assassinate him. If he was that badass just protecting friends and such I would love to see the wrath he would unleash against someone threatening his wife and kids. Probably take out half the species single-handedly using his advanced horticultural knowledge to use plants to eat, heal, and incapacitate and disorient enemies. I am a little curious how his family turned out. I understand why they abandoned him but might be nice for them to run into each other like they recognize his name and realize he was actually the best of them. Anywho, as always great story.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Second reading with a few tears from the great karma in this story.

linnearlinnearabout 3 years ago
Absolutely Wonderful

This touched all the bases and I don't know why I waited so long to read it. I know it was a one off but I'm sure many would love to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice... Very nice...

-jaye-

wish_thinkerwish_thinkeralmost 3 years ago

The deepest pain for.most of a lifetime, yet a gentle giant retains his humanity and finds a new path to a new future. Absolutely recommend ed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A wonderful story from an excellent story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Incredible. The author's imagination is beyond compare.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is my third reading of this story and I appreciate it more each time! I have missed many nights of sleep getting lost in your work over the years and happily thank you for every one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What an incredibly well written, entertaining and Imaginative story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, perhaps the best I've read here. I am a combat veteran and I appreciate the respect shown toward warriors, particularly those in ground warfare. And of course Grenville. Also, the relationships, the development of AnnaZelle and her interaction with Grenville were wonderful. I loved the ending, only wishing there was far more to read about them and their very long, happy, exciting, well-deserved lifetime. I imagine a sort of Adam and Eve (for humans) on this planet, where they would hopefully develop the more positive aspects of humanity and minimize the worst aspects of humans, perhaps with the influence of the planet's native inhabitants. But I will take them with me in my imagination and develop my own happy ending, or continuation thereof. Thank you for this lovely story. I hope to read more of your work. With gratitude.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

A wonderful story, well written and a central character we were rooting for, I’d like to see a follow up story, maybe a Jack Danner visit to Churuuthia? As always, thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
On first read, several months ago, I gave this 4-stars.

But on a reread, I din’t know why. It’s one of the stories that get stuck in your head; I remembered a lot of this story even after severaL months. Don’t know why I didnt give it — 5-stars & Favorite

budliterbudliterover 2 years ago

I really like your stories and writing style. Am currently on my 3rd read of your excellent stories. Appreciate these stories in the middle of the pandemic to retain sanity - Thanks again.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

I don't know how I got to this story, but I'm glad I did. The plot was gentle and captivating and flowed seamlessly to its epilog finale. No one was really human so it was hard to identify with anyone, but it was a pleasant read. 5*

AlberothAlberothover 2 years ago

Is there a sequel to this wonderful story?

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Magnificent. Five Stars and Following when I haven’t looked at the rest of your work. This is a complete genesis story and magnificent. Bravo!’

SDN1955SDN1955about 2 years ago

This was nothing short of a masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You get 5 yeses!

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Turned out to have a beautiful ending to a wonderful story! Thank you! 5 BIG FAT SHINY TWINKLING STARS!

gunbladegunbladealmost 2 years ago

ohh man love a happy ending, feel these days u dont see that....ty for the story

NewtScamanderNewtScamanderalmost 2 years ago

Loved this story, hope we see Grenville again, if only for a cameo appearance when Jack visits Churuuthia. Maybe just a little snap shot of his life with AnnaZelle.

NovaMNovaMover 1 year ago

Delightful. Grenville is a cool dude. Kudos

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very creative, imaginative, and very well written. I feel the last page was hurried and ended prematurely. AnnaZelle's appearance, her physical beauty, and attitude should have been elaborated since it constituted such a great movement of the story. You could have depicted a welcome melding of the physical and emotional nature of the principal characters. Good job!

RoughRoad85RoughRoad85over 1 year ago

I like to read this story before starting to re read the Jack Danner saga. I would love to read more stories from this period of time in the gate network.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9860 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories