All Comments on 'At His Majesty's Pleasure Ch. 07'

by lady_temily

Sort by:
  • 70 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Storytelling

Fascinating development. And a deft way of storytelling. If things had kept going as they were, Alexander probably would have continued torturing her the next day and pushed her too far, making things much harder to recover from. Her saving him from that assassination seemed to neutralize his feelings and nullified the fight between them...and then her getting sick allowed her some more distance to recuperate and form her plans. I can see what you did there, but everything also made sense from a story point of view. Major kudos.

Dying of curiosity though to see what happens next. Don't feel too pressured, because you guys are already doing great with these consistent updates, but soooo hungry to read the next chapter. xD

IllariaLannisterIllariaLannisteralmost 8 years ago

The attempt at assassination was unexpected during the ceremony, but I loved the way it came about! I also enjoyed the humor in the tale of the stairs Alais choose for her bludgeoning "tool". Where would one finds the time to allocate all those virgins fit reconsecration? It is progressing so well and I cannot wait to see what happens next and find out why the King was so distracted...pins and needles! Great job again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Questions

Will this story be geared towards a romance between Alexander and Alais? If so, will he continuously remain unfaithful to her as the story progresses? I'm just curious as to what type of relationship will develop between these two, and despite her slight animosity towards him I have hope that they'll eventually learn to love each other!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
AMAZING AS ALWAYS

Fascinating! Alais' sudden change in tactics reminds me so much of Kafka's "A Little Fable", except in this version she is the cunning mouse who rightly "changes direction" when need be - and this is how she will survive (and win!) I love how rich your text is, and the assassination attempt was such a gripping diversion that points to a much larger plot at hand. I can't wait to continue this journey with you guys - I know for sure this is bound to be one of the most riveting tales I have ever read, online fiction or otherwise. THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS EFFORT!

- Game Changer anon from Chapter 5

P.S Does Alais' throat itch have a special significance behind it?

P.P.S Alexander's presumptuous ways are beginning to irk me - it's bound to get him in trouble one day, but while his character is flawed, his characterization is flawless!

MajesticJMajesticJalmost 8 years ago
Love?

I freely admit I am a sucker for romance and happy endings (along with non-con. I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either). I really hope they can get to that place at the end of their twisted road. Really enjoying this.

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 8 years ago
Interesting

I am not as clever as Alais and admit I cannot guess what her plans might be; what "loving him" might look like. I do understand why she has changed tactic with him, she might loose herself entirely by remaining detached from everything.

I did that once, years ago, on a whim. Just decided one day that I would not speak at all wondering how the day would turn out. I found that the more time passed when I did not speak, the less inclined I was to speak and by the end of the day I truly did not want to speak and preferred to live inside my head. It was a strange realization to say the least. Therefore I can empathize with Alais because without interacting with our world we stop being a part of it.

I very much look forward to how Alexander will eventually get his comeuppance. I imagine that he will slowly begin to feel more attached to Alais as a result of her loving treatment until he realizes that she remains cold hearted toward him. He will throw a tantrum and behave very badly in order to break through her shell of pretend love.

Alais must be thinking that now he has consecrated their marriage, he will not trouble her again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Galen!!!!!!

OMG I suggested Galen! I'm glad you liked and what a perfect way to use the name.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

This chapter provided so many new questions :)) Where did Alexander go? Who is the brain behind the assasination? What did Alais mean when she stated that she's going to "love" him? I assume it is not the conventional love we all are familiar with, I think it is an act from Alais to help loosen up Alexander a little bit, make him thinks she does indeed give in, so he will grant her more room to maneuver. This is a good opportunity for Alais to find out his weaknesses and uses them to her advantages.

Last questions: Is princess Adeline dead and what is her relationship with Alexander? And I wonder whether Alais will continue using the herbs to avoid pregnancy, since she did choose a new approach to him?

Amazing chapter, I shall wait with bated breath for the next one. Please keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
anonymous

Oh!!!OMG...OMG i am terribly sorry, i gave this favorite story of mine a one star!! Not intentional but a mistake on my part....it is 5 stars all the way, unfortunately i don't know how to undo it. i love this story to the core, never have i ever read anything so absorbing and compelling. i am an avid reader but i have never come across anything that has captivated my mind as this story has done......plots, characters, the writing..you are both obviously immensely talented. i have been checking literotica for a while now and has never cast a vote nor commented. This is my very first to let you guys know it was not an intentional vote and please continue with your writing. I am totally in love with your story and will go with you both to the very end. The longer the story the better. Sorry again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Awaits the next chapter with baited breath

I greatly enjoy this chapter, although I think the assassin was stupid not to poison the ceremonial blade.

Unless, of course, he was sent by Anais family, and had orders to keep her alive.

To be honest I'm falling out of love for Alexander. He's reminding me each chapter more and more of Ramsay Bolton. (And whoever watch Games of Thrones, that bastard need to die ASAP.)

I do hope Anais shows her smart and scheming side. Being a fragile princess is overplayed. Right now I almost wish for her to poison Alex (not fatally, of course), set the castle on fire and escape. *I'm half serious* I wish for Anais to do something so unexpected and win against Alex. Just to wipe out that arrogance. I believe Anais need at least to outsmart him in some way/prove herself against her husband or not he'll treat her like a pet forever.

Anyway, overall I still enjoy the story very much. ^^ please continue, I'll be waiting for the next chap!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
comment below...

omg, don't compare him with ramsay, that's such a ladyboner kill. he's just as dangerous maybe but he's muuuch more likable and interesting. ramsay is gross, alexander is hot!

xxClarexxxxClarexxalmost 8 years ago
Jason momoa

Right! So. I was reading this when he was fighting and when his arm got uncovered going "hmmmm who am I picturing him as? Wait! Tall, dark, super

Hot, hot bod ... omg he's Jason Momoa yay!" just with like. Less eyeliner and less ponytails. You can thank me later ladies. Like isn't that a delicious image to Have in your head?! Hahaha I also just saw the Ramsay comment and went noooooooooo omg. Actually I don't see him as being like him because Ramsay's just a straight up mad sadistic psycho, but I don't see Alexander as that. However, yeah. He's definitely got some scary and sadistic traits. He's terrifying. Imagine being in his employ you'd be terrified of displeasing him. Anyway!

Ahem so. This whole thing rocked. Oh man. I love how Aledander was being all silent too, I wondered if part of that was him playing the same game back to her. And the trip to the ceremony, totally cool the whole

Waterfall scene. Loved it all. Loved it to death. I really enjoyed how she stopped him getting knifed and her justifications to herself and how she rationalised it to herself. I think there is some element of attraction there obviously, some element of self preservation, some of her doing the right thing maybe and just instinct as she thought later on. Anyway that was super cool and the fight and etc. Alais was super cute hiding out with the priceless statuette thingy. I enjoyed how she had some time to reflect when she got sick (can't deny it though, was dying for him to bang her while she was delirious and not wanting it, that would be hottttt! (I know, I'm so terrible.)) and omg. I was mad last chapter when he didn't get her off, well fuck me, I was so so so mad that he went and screwed some other chick. I was already furious previously about the BJ before they got married, well holy hell am I mad now! Who the hell does he think he is screwing someone else. Such a bastard OMG. I can't tel you how mad I am. Totally get that Alais doesn't give a rats ass, but I do! Ahahaha. Gahhhh like. How dare he cheat on her. Even if his wife wants nothing to do with him I want him to just be so desperate for her you know. Damnnnn. Anyway! He better do her really good to make up for this behaviour is all I'm sayin.

So! Their conversation in the garden was great. The story developments this chapter were intriguing and you've got me speculating like anything about this. I'm wondering if that secret message I assume she sent through the picture to her brother has something to do with this, and obviously (well I might be wrong so maybe not obviously) she's trying to wear down his guard for some plan she has so she can kill his ass when the time is right and escape! Maybe? I don't know. Omg but I want to. Also the assassination attempt, who what why etc. what's Al been off doing anyway. What's got him so preoccupied. What's the deal with his sister? Also what's the deal with the dead brother? WHEN IS HE GOING TO DO HER AGAIN? so many questions! .....

I love how fun this is to read. She's so sassy, her thoughts (and his!) are really amusing, it's just such an amazing romp. With a perfect balance of plot, world building and hotness all mixed in together like a delicious pie mixture and baked to perfection. Still so mad at him though. Will be fuming through until the next chapter!

I really love their dynamic so much. I'm dying for them to fall in love too and end up together BUT I'm dying much more for there to be a very very long road of angst, hot noncon, and conflict before anything like that happens. Makes the romance far more satisfying when we get there ... Moar hot bdsm noncon omg help! Love the snippets thrown in along the way showing how well they can get along together too and how great they could be together (the bit in the garden in chapter one, the horse ride in ch 5, the garden scene here) I'm lapping it all up so bad. Okay. That's all sorry for this long ass comment I got carried away again. Thank you!!!!!!! So much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
More please

Hi I just loved every bit of this story with all the twists and turns and each character brilliantly charted out. Please let us know when you will post the nest chapter. Please please post soon. Eagerly waiting!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Actors!

Ooh, if we're doing actors we imagine, let me pitch in with Channing Tatum for Alexander. He has that beefy sexy look going for him. And Kristen Steward for Alais because she has such a natural dark beauty.

Absinth3Absinth3almost 8 years ago
xxClarexx, Clare, Clare...

"Who the hell does he think he is screwing someone else" ...?? Tsk, tsk, Clare. He's the King and he knows it. Kings screw who they want, when they want, where they want.

"How dare he cheat on her" ...?? He dares because he can: he's the King. It's expected and accepted. Kings screw who they want, when they want, where they want.

"Such a bastard OMG" I'm sure he knows that too. He may be a cruel, arrogant, cunning, manipulative bastard ... He's the King and he knows a king cannot appear to be weak or he will not survive long.

I think you're a little in love with him Clare... What's that saying about "Thou doest protest too loudly" or something like that. I'm just sayin'... ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

know kings can fuck who they want and I know they DONT love each other but it's still annoying, especially since it's out and the open and he's gonna keep doing it. I don't wanna say "don't write that" because it's your story and you know what will make it be amazing, but I hope he decides not to screw others in the future...

xxClarexxxxClarexxalmost 8 years ago
@Absinthe

Hahahaha! Yep, totes in love with him, not gonna deny it. I love my male noncon protags as assholey as they come, and he's pretty much got that covered 😝 STILL! how dare he though. Fuck him! He should be like. Pining for her desperately and so smitten he can't stand the thought of doing anyone else, and then he should come marching into her room, rip off her clothes and noncon the crap out of her because he can't help himself (preferably with whip in hand). Grrrr he makes me so mad! What a cock! (Yep, still totally in love with him)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
He's king so he just gets to do what he wants? Nah.

It doesn't matter if he's "the King" and can fuck anyone he wants because then what's the point of centering the story around their "love" if he continues to fuck other women? She's okay with it now because she doesn't love him but I bet you she won't find that shit funny later on as they develop as a genuine couple. Unless she's into that kind of stuff. Otherwise she'll end up just like Cersei (aside from her incestuous love affairs) and remain bitter as King Robert screwed anything in sight. And look what a lovely marriage that turned out to be lol

Absinth3Absinth3almost 8 years ago
@Anon Yes, Kings will do what - and who - they will do! Try to tell them they can't... And...

...the point (of centering the story on their love) is choice. The King will choose to do whoever whenever wherever or he will choose to be faithful to his wife.

@xxClarexx

My x-rated friend, :) except for the trivial stuff like the plague, personal hygiene, and just about everybody including your family trying to kill ya, wouldn't it be fun to be a king so you could fuck whoever whenever wherever and have it basically be dismissed: "he's such a randy king but ... boys will be boys..." Lol... I have to confess, I was giving you hell but I'm a little in love with the King myself. Arrogant, cock-sure men make my knees weak and when you add his sweet sarcasm and the soft side that we've seen glimpses of... Well he could march into my bedroom with a riding crop anyday!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I would like to see the Queen be more honest about her feelings toward the King. Also he is a King and should process some "morals and respect, code of honor" of how to treat a lady & his wife. His lack of self control in many areas portrays him as being weak and not worthy of her. I agree that if he desires her so he should just "take" her and show her his true feelings and passion. A spirited animal is better trained with gentleness and trust than anger and cruelty. She would be more easily won over by a slow, passionate, worshipping love making. He acts more like a spoiled adult than a strong confident king. I would like to see more character in him...that he is worthy of her. She saved his life and all he gave her was a brief "thank you". Very little emotion or action. The "doing" is what will bring them together. I would have expected him to at least "run to her in the cave, throw his arms around her with concern for her and thank her for saving his life". "if he truly loves her". I find I am getting impatient with the lack of sincerity on both of their parts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Whining in the comments

Complain complain, whine that it's not going exactly how you want, demand the story conform to your specific tastes... now who's the spoiled ones? :P

Nevermind the authors probably spent hours writing about this, thinking about this, and giving us thoughtful replies to all our comments. If as you say gentleness and trust win out over anger, then we should be lavishing compliments and kinder words on them, eh?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Keep Up The Great Writing.

Thoroughly enjoying this story and waiting to see what will happen next!!

Ms. Patiently waiting for more

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Hiatus

Hey guys! This is letting you know that we'll be taking a short hiatus from publishing new chapters, because one of us (Scarlett) is going through final exams and graduation soon. It's been a lot busier than I anticipated, mostly because of my procrastination - some of which has to do with writing this story! - so I need to take some time to focus on life. It shouldn't last longer than a few weeks or so, but we'll keep you updated!

Also want to emphasize that this is entirely to do with real life stuff, and we're both very excited to continue the story when we have enough time to do it justice!

Thank you for all your kind comments (which I will probably end up replying to soon because, hey, procrastination).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Addicted

I need more! This should be a novel! I cant stand waiting every few weeks or days for the next installlment! :( its why I binge watch on netflix. Please more and hurry!! <3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
oh no

A bit sad about the hiatus, but life is life after all. Good luck on the exam, don't keep us waiting for too long, I really hope that you two will finish this story. There are so many great but unfinished stories in this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Heart Break!!

do come back on the wagon soon....please dont leave me for too long, gonna have sleepless night until then.I guess a lonely month ahead without Alexander and Alias.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Take a permanent vacation

This was just silly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Forget finals

Oh come on, I've got finals too and I totally blew off studying to get my Alais / Alexander fix. Priorities!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I love this series.

This is one of the best submissions to this site that I have read, no second thought to giving it five stars :)

I've read so many unfinished series on this site that it's more than a little disappointing, and I really hope that we get an ending to this. Alais has a strong character, and I am really excited to see how she copes with this so-called love that she has promised Alexander, and what she truly means by it. I hope that her passivness with him does her well eventually, and that she does come to be amenable with him, or escape. I wonder whether or not the pin will come in handy for her later, if some future circumstances make it useful. Possibly, if followers of Edmure are actually responsible for the assassination attempt, and it is reattempted on her as his queen, in the hope that her death would weaken him, but as they are about to kill her they notice that she (conveniently) started wearing it and remember it as Edmures. Could make for a few tense chapters in the future :)

Thank you so much for this story, I look forward to seeing how it ends

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Actors

Am I the only one picturing them as Emilia Clarke and Jason Mamoa? :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Please keep updated

Taking my finals next week here! Please update us on how long until the next chapter. I still check everyday for an update even though I know you said a few weeeks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
This was a disappointing chapter

I've checked on your stories constantly. But this fell short :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
MOAR!!!

This is one of the best written stories I have come across. You are an excellent writer, the syntax and diction is superb!!! I do hope you may continue and finish this story. It is too good to be one of those fallen unfinished stories, there are too many of them unfortunately. I trust you will continue and end it well, though I would have been absolutely pissed at Alexander if I was his wife and woke in the middle of the night to hear a servant and him fucking. That would not have passed by me. But Alais approached it like a true queen with poise and composure. I love the way you exhibit her, a strong/eloquent and intelligent woman. Many stories display the main woman as weak, submissive and cowardly. I am thoroughly impressed, well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Can't wait for the next installment. I finished all the chapters to date in 2 days! It's really nice to read something that is truly about the power exchange and tension and not just about sex (altjough that was great too ;) )

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Update

Hey guys! Scarlett here. Thanks for being patient. Finals/graduation/travel is finally over for me - and while I'll be studying for the bar exam now, I'll have enough time on the side to start updating at about the same rate as before.

Will respond to comments (both here and in emails) soon! We want to focus getting Chapter 8 out ASAP first after the wait. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yippee!!

so glad to hear the wait is over! I hope your exam was good. now we will all breathlessly wait for the next instalment. Please update soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
All very awesome, but one little dislike

I truly enjoyed the stories. But I got disappointed whenever the King has sexual contact with other women, eg the maid, the sex slave... etc. It gave me a sense of disgust toward the King (ewe...) Perhaps not depicting those parts too vividly? Though I absolutely love the parts where he pleasures and dominates her, makes me want to be her. I also like how you don't put anything about a blow job being forced upon Alais, that would not be a pleasant read for the ladies...

BingbongladyBingbongladyalmost 8 years ago
Kindly Update Soon

I was very much in love with the King due to his dominance, power, and masculinity)... Until he went in to his room and laid with that Maid :(

Kinda sad to read that he laid with another woman after having Alais saved him AND got sick from the cold trip with him. I'm suddenly not in love with him anymore. Hopefully there is a good explanation in the next chapter to make Alais (or me) feel better. I know he is the king and he can sleep with whoever he wants, but this is a little sad. Can't wait for chapter 8. I am hoping to fall in love with the king again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
lol

I like how Alexander has murdered and raped but it's the cheating that people find a problem. Not a dig, just found it funny.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yippee!

Alexander is not in love with Alias yet, but I believe as the story progress the king would find aversion in union with another woman besides Alias. I think we should let the authors do their work. Alexander and Alias both have still yet to build their relationship and grow...I find this far realistic and interesting than for Alexander to get besotted and smitten very quickly. All the best to the authors...you have never disappointed me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Happy reader

Really glad to hear the last bit of the year went well-- I know a lot of us feel your pain! Also really glad you'll be updating soon. I also wanted to say I really truly appreciate your writing. There will always be people to bring you down, but look at all the people on here who will be here to build you back up! And those are just the people that post. Your character development is deep and, though you two take critiscm in your joint writing, you are not afraid to write what you know the story needs to have and where it needs to go next. As a fellow writer, I enjoy the sexual content but really also love delving into your confident story telling, which comes across very well. Best of luck on the bars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

1. CONGRATS ON GRADUATING AND GOOD LUCK ON THE BAR!!!!!!

2. i don't know why but i really want alais to discover herself and masturbate to hearing alexander and the maid go at it. alternatively, i would also love a surprise lesbian encounter by another curvy maid with alais, perhaps the maid was commanded to do so by alexander to push alais to explore new things or to discover what pleasures she was more receptive to in a more comfortable setting (since maids *should* be less intimidating than mr. big cock alexander, ya?)

CopperflowerCopperfloweralmost 8 years ago
Loving Your Work

I've followed this story progress and I find it an absolutely amazing read. I agree with one of anonymous commentors - Alais' and Alexander's relationship is progressing and building, and if sleeping with a maid is part of it, then it's part of it. I've always thought that a great writer can wake up feelings in their readers with their story and characters - whether those feelings are joy, anger, disappointment, exhilaration, whatever. I honestly find it odd that some people are complaining to writers here that they didn't agree with something a character did or the direction the story took - it's not like I would find cheating or violence acceptable in real life, either, but this isn't real life.

You two are doing a damn brilliant job. Thank you! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

How old are Alais and Alexander

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Almost done!

Sorry for the delay - we ended up adding a lot more than we thought we would. In fact, there will be two chapters released instead of one! Each will be about 3-4 pages. We're almost done and aim to submit by the end of the weekend. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yippee!!

WOW WOW!! I am so excited-just can't wait for the week to end. Thanks to you both for bringing an amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Yeahhh the long wait is finally over :))))

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
yeay!

I can't wait for next chapters. Thank you, ladies! ;)

IsabellaRoggiIsabellaRoggialmost 8 years ago

Dear Scarlett and Daisy,

I found this story today in the "Hall of Fame" for this cathegory and I am loving it! I cannot believe two people are writing this story, because it flows amazingly and better than a lot of stories in Literotica :)

I will be sure to come back for the next chapters - and the added bonus is supporting a fellow person who sold their souls to corporations ;) and coincidentely, I hold two degrees - one in Law and one in Finance. Spooky, right?

Looking forward to the end of the week. If possible, could you bring back their banter from the first two chapters a bit more. I am a aucker for smart exchanges and you guys are simply brilliant in that :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
a bit dissapointed

Its a good story but I Really hoped he wouldn't have sex with someone else. Its a heart breaking thing to endure, I know firsthand.

Great story all together.

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Submitted!

Whew, chapters 8 and 9 are done and submitted! Now we just wait for Literotica to process them. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yah!!

Oh so glad!!! Thank you, thank you.

I am thrilled--please start with chapter 10 & 11 lol....I know I sound selfish but I can't help it lol...;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Waiting with BATED BREATH

I have been checking constantly since yesterday but lit has still not uploaded the chapters! Darn ....lit is too slow.

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Publish time, or reading now

So Literotica's control panel keeps giving us different release dates - sometimes it'll say 6/9 (tonight) and sometimes it'll say 6/10 (tomorrow). Like this:

http://i.imgur.com/IFDxdyy.png

http://i.imgur.com/xlz4cL7.png

Have no idea what's going on, or why they seem slow this week. :( But worst comes to worst, it'll be out by tomorrow at the latest, at least!

If you don't want to wait, though, FictionPress (another site we started using) already published the first part. FictionPress chapters are generally shorter than Literotica chapters, so what's out is only about a third of what would be Chapter 9 here. But if you want to whet your appetite, here's the link: https://goo.gl/A0mhZ8

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Chapter 8 out!

Oh, I guess ignore the previous comment because Chapter 8 is now out in full!

https://www.literotica.com/s/at-his-majestys-pleasure-ch-08

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Replies

Sorry for the delay in replying to your comments, but here they are! The first half anyway - second to come tomorrow. :)

@anon "storytelling"

Thank you! You pretty much hit the nail on the head there - we didn't want Alexander to go too far just yet, which he might have if there had been no external emergency chiming in. And though his response to her helping him (against the assassination) seemed pretty muted, that's sort of characteristic of him. He's smug and expressive when something doesn't matter, but he expresses sincerity rather differently. He is actually grateful to Alais for what she did, even if he thinks it was also to save herself. This manifests in him going back to being pleasant, instead of making good on the threats he had promised before.

@IllariaLannister

Haha, thank you! We try to throw in a few twists and turns in the story - keep you guys on your toes! It really is a (first world) problem though, reconsecrating that idol. Poor, poor Alexander.

@anon "Questions"

Unfortunately I can't answer those questions without spoiling the story! I can say that the story will revolve around Alexander and Alais, and the relationship that develops between them. He is also going to continue to be unfaithful at least for a while - whether or not that changes (or how) is something that remains to be seen. It's part of his nature, as he is now.

@anon "AMAZING AS ALWAYS"

Ahhh, thank you so much! You're too nice - comments like yours keep us fueled! Yes, Alais is definitely adaptable and willing to change directions (unlike Kafka's unfortunate mouse) - especially if it means eluding Alexander the cat! Actually, comparing Alexander with a cat is kind of prescient, as his house symbol is a tiger and that comes up later...but anyway, that's neither here not there! The assassination is indeed part of a larger plot that's going to be explored throughout the story. And re: your question: no special significance to the itch in her throat, as it was just a prelude to her getting sick.

@MajesticJ

Glad to hear you're enjoying the story! I'm also a sucker for romance (along with noncon), so you aren't alone! They do have a twisted journey, though the destination isn't something I can spoil. :)

@LadyParts

That's interesting that you had that experience - it definitely resonates with what Alais is going through in this chapter. Part of her change stems from a resolution that she doesn't want to remain detached from the world (i.e., to give up), and it's this that helps spur her into action. Otherwise she might have just remained within herself forever, which would just have been bad for everyone. Also, it's funny, because Alexander's immediate thought was that he would never fall for her "loving" him, or be affected by it...but maybe even despite this wariness it will still have certain effects! Alais is a pretty uncanny actress, after all.

@anon "Galen!!!!!!"

Happy to have used it, and thank you for providing such interesting names!

@anon "This chapter provided..."

We do love injecting the story with mystery/drama! I think your first questions were actually mostly answered by the next chapters, as far as what drew Alexander away and what Alais meant by loving him. I think you've characterized Alais's intentions pretty accurately! Though she did go a little above and beyond with the extent of the act, haha. The culprit behind the assassination attempt is a question that won't be answered immediately though, and will require some investigation and intrigue to figure out down the road. And for the rest of the questions: Adeline isn't dead, and Alais is going to keep up with her herbs. She doesn't feel ready yet, and some part of her takes satisfaction in denying him an heir.

@anon "anonymous"

Don't worry about it! I've definitely misclicked before when rating other stories - it happens! As far as I know there's no way to cancel a vote though, as Literotica's system is a bit outdated. Thank you so much for your kind words though; they more than outweigh any accidental voting! We're so flattered that you enjoy our story and characters, and we'll try our best to continue keeping you engaged.

@anon "Awaits the next chapter..."

You might have stumbled on something about the blade being not poisoned! I can't say anymore, but that will actually come up later in the story. Nice catch! As for the other stuff - Alais does start employing some strategy and getting more agency, as you might have seen in the next two chapters already. Escaping or attempting to harm him aren't her best options though; given her relative lack of resources and allies, she's unlikely to succeed, and even if she prevails, her family and country would suffer once Alexander marches on them. Ramsay is the worst though, haha! There are a couple of quirks they share, I suppose, but I don't really see them as that similar.

@anon "comment below..."

Glad you think so! Yeah, Ramsay just doesn't do it for me, and I find him kind of one-dimensional. Alexander is intended to be more dynamic/nuanced, which will be explored more throughout the story.

@Clare

You've heard this a million times, but just know that we're always looking forward to your comments and they never disappoint!! And oh man, Jason Momoa as Alexander is super hot! He definitely has the muscles and body type for it - mmm, just so well-built! No wonder Alais can't resist. Who could? Now I'm kind of curious what actors other people have in their heads for the characters! Another comment game for the next chapter maybe have be in order. But yeah, I think Ramsay is black and white whereas Alexander is more grey, in terms of how they operate. And I think Ramsay has this kind of creepiness to him that we're trying to avoid with Alexander, haha. Definitely would still be scary to work for him though - just think of that guy in the first chapter who got his fingers crushed!

Anyway, yes, Alexander is awful, and didn't give too much thought to banging a maid while waiting for her to get better. In his defense (or not, because this might actually make him worse), he doesn't even think of it as a terrible move on his part, because he assumes she doesn't want his attentions anyway and wouldn't care about him cheating. Haha ahhh, we actually didn't even think about him forcing himself on her while she was feverish; you might be more creative than we are! But I'll reason that away as her already being so ill that he didn't want to risk exacerbating her health concerns. I love how mad you are though, ahaha. At least he got her off in the hot springs later, right! And there's plenty more where that came from. And don't worry, lots more noncon/bdsm coming as well! Their road is full of twists and turns and difficulty, and though they're being fake nice to each other right now, it's not going to last super long.

Glad you liked the waterfall scene! We tried to make it a tense action sequence that also kinda comes out of nowhere and surprises you (just as much as it surprised the characters!). And also for Alexander to show off a bit and do his fancy swordplay, haha. (Not that Alais paid attention to that at all. Obviously.) As for who's behind the assassination attempt, you'll just have to wait to find out! At least your other questions got answered re: the brother, sister, etc.! We may or may not enjoy being mysterious, though. You totally caught us.

@anon "More please"

Thank you so much! And sorry about the wait, but hopefully chapters 8 and 9 were worth it!

@anon "Actors!"

Interesting choices! Kristen Stewart is only associated with Twilight in my mind, which is kind of unfair because she's objectively very pretty. Again, this is fun to think about and we might have to do a comment game on it!

@Absinth3

Ahaha yup, pretty common for Kings in that era to have extramarital affairs at their discretion. Hard to say no to someone with absolute power too (and a great physique, etc.). And as something of a hedonist, Alexander is not in the habit of denying himself pleasures. Also, love this characterization of Alexander: "cruel, arrogant, cunning, manipulative bastard" - completely on point! :) Totally agree that being a King would come with some sweet privileges (and little social censure for being godawful about them).

@anon "know kings can..."/"He's king so he just gets to..."

Yeah, the cheating is meant to be a foible and won't disappear overnight. And as you said, Alais doesn't care right now, but that may change down the road - in which case things will have to come to a head.

@anon "I would like to see the Queen be more honest"

So I think you may be assuming, from the way your comment is written, that Alexander/Alais love each other, which is currently not the case at all. Although there is physical attraction on both sides, and perhaps some fascination/admiration, in its current stage it doesn't amount to more than that. Certainly not love! So if Alais were honest about her feelings, she can quite sincerely say that she hates him, even if that's complicated by her simultaneous attraction. Similarly, Alexander isn't trying to win her love - mostly, he's toying with her. If this makes you impatient, it may not be your story, since it's going to be a slow development - they will have a long road to travel! And lastly, the "thank you" from Alexander was actually a fairly rare showing of gratitude on his part; he's not naturally effusive, especially when it's sincere. He repaid her by reverting back to his pleasant demeanor and letting his previous threats be forgotten.

@anon "Whining in the comments"

Aw, thank you! Replying to comments is the least we can do, when our readers provide such encouraging words. :) I think there's a difference between commenting on preferences and expecting the story to conform to them - the latter is always interesting to hear, whereas the former just isn't something we can satisfy while staying true to the story.

@Ms. Patiently waiting for more

Thank you!!

@anons "Addicted"/"oh no"/"Heart Break!!"/"Forget finals"/"Please keep updated"

Sorry to have kept you guys waiting - thanks for your patience! And so flattered that you guys are following this story! I binge stuff too so I know the feeling of deprivation when it runs out! We're back though, and in it for the long haul. :) (Definitely wish I could have blown off finals and spent my time on this instead though!)

@anon "Actors"

I see it too! They certainly capture the size difference. Although I think Alexander is more of a jerk than Drogo, haha!

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
More replies

@ "I love this series."

Aww, thank you so much! I get you on the unfinished stories bit, since a couple of my favorites never had a resolution. We're in this for the long haul though! And when we do get busy, we promise to keep you guys updated (like recently) and return with more. I do think some authors may write themselves into a hole sometimes, if they're doing it by ear - which we can fortunately avoid, since we've got most of the plot planned out already and basically know how it'll end. Interesting hypothesis re: Edmure! We'll have to see if it bears out!

@ "MOAR!!!"

Thank you!! You guys are so nice - we're just greedily soaking up your compliments here. And I know, right? Alexander is just awful. (In his (very) limited defense, he didn't know how thin the walls were.) But yeah, unfortunately Alais is not in a situation to be able to wage much vengeance - yet, anyway! I'm glad you're enjoying the portrayal of Alais though. We didn't want to make her completely invulnerable of course, but we also wanted to give her intelligence and subtle strength, which isn't always found in heroines in this genre.

@ "Can't wait for the next installment."

2 days is very fast - very flattering! I'm glad you like the focus of the story - I've always found the eroticism of a story is enhanced if I get a better sense of the characters and the power dynamics, rather than just straight up sex.

@ "All very awesome"

Yeah, unfortunately infidelity is among Alexander's foibles (among the other things he's demonstrated so far). Those scenes won't be too vivid though, as they're not the focus of the story. I think with the maid and sex slave, they were both kinda summarized over, and we'll probably adhere to the same style. I'm glad you enjoy other aspects of Alexander though! ;)

@Bingbonglady

It's interesting because Alexander doesn't actually feel that he's wronged Alais - they're married, but they're not really emotionally committed to each other, and they're certainly not in love. In his mind, he doesn't think Alais cares whether he has extramarital affairs, and he'd currently be correct. Of course, it's still an awful thing to do, but it kind of fits with the hedonistic "I'll-take-whatever-I-want" attitude that he has going on in general. He does care that she saved his life, which is manifested in him reverting back to his pleasant self and letting his prior threats go. But I do understand that some readers may be more sensitive to cheating in particular, in which case I'm sorry that the story didn't align with your preferences.

@ "lol"

Haha, I know! I would have thought the whole murdering/raping thing established that Alexander was a terrible person. But I get that cheating can hit some unpleasant notes for some people.

@ "Yippee!"

Yeah, you're exactly right! The relationship between the characters is meant to develop over time, and we think it'll make for a more interesting story that way than for Alexander and Alais to be without imperfections. Thank you for having faith in us!

@ "Happy reader"

Wow, thank you! That means a lot. You're right that though we get some criticism, we also get lovely messages of support - just like yours! Those always keep us encouraged to follow through with the story we planned, even if some of it goes against some preferences. And always glad to hear from a fellow writer!

@ "CONGRATS ON GRADUATING"

1. Thank you! So glad that's over with. 2. Ahaha, I like the way your mind works! Without going into any details, I can say that there's some girl-on-girl action we have planned later in the story. Why and how and what degree of reluctance there is will remain to be discovered! (And Alexander likes that moniker, haha!)

@Copperflower

You're right, we should take any feelings evoked as a compliment. If we were able to elicit that degree of response, then we must be doing something right to get people invested in the story in the first place! You also make a good point about separating story and real life. We'd never condone Alexander's actions in real life, of course, but that's why it's fantasy, etc. Thank you for bringing some perspective into the discussion!

@ "How old"

Alais is 21. Most princesses marry younger, but she's avoided scandal since it's due to events out of her control - her engagements to Cassius and Edmure both falling through because of external circumstances. Alexander is 32, and has reigned as King since he was 19. Plenty of experience, but also at his prime. ;)

@IsabellaRoggi

Haha, that's crazy! Well, glad another soulless corporate drone could find us. :) What you said about flow means a lot to us, since that's something we're always worried about - our process is kind of convoluted in that we each take turns writing a few paragraphs (describing the actions of each character). When we edit, it's a lot of patching those paragraphs together to make a cohesive whole, as well as adding transitions to make things less jarring. It's great because it preserves the organic nature of the two characters interacting, since at a micro level we don't necessarily know what the "other" character will do when writing our own. But it can definitely be painstaking sometimes when we're weaving both together into one narrative! Anyway, hope you enjoyed the increased banter in chapters 8 and 9! We certainly had fun writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Frustrated!

Up to this last chapter I have thought the story was fantastic. It is extremely well written, a great plot and likable characters, everything you would want in a story. Regardless of "non consent" or lack of Power, I have a huge issue with the king's ability to fornicate with another right under the Queen's nose and her to ALLOW it and not be upset. i hate it that she just accepts it. He can hurt her but she can't hurt him? I want someone to fight for her- to want her- and I get the impression now she is easily replaceable and in fact- it would seem she has even set up the bed room arrangement for the night so He can get one more romp in before tomorrow- I hate that!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I have to agree with Frustrated Anonymous. Ugh the king is such an ass. He doesn't even deserve her "love" at this point.

Love this story though

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Replies

@ "Frustrated!"

Right now, Alais has no emotional attachment to Alexander, so it's not even so much that she allows it that she doesn't really care. He abducted her and is holding her against her will, even if he did cloak it in a marriage proposal - as far as she's concerned, she's happy to have him exercise his attentions elsewhere and spare it from her (she does enjoy it, but the enjoyment creates troubling/humiliating thought processes too). This may change later as their relationship evolves, but for now it doesn't occur to her that it's even really an affront to her. I am sorry though that it's a cause of frustration to you; I get that cheating is a deal-breaker for some people. But thank you for reading - I'm glad that you enjoyed the series otherwise.

@ "I have to agree"

Agreed that the King is an ass! That point is incontestable, haha. But glad that you like the story! :)

DiscordDreamDiscordDreamalmost 8 years ago
Heartbroken

I know others that brought this up, and I have also read the responses to the reasoning behind it. I respect that as writers you have the story in you a certain way. I wanted to thank you for the story to this point, I cannot continue to enjoy it, I am one of those sensitive to cheating, I wish it hadn't been a part of this story, and hope you'll keep writing for those who enjoy it still. You're both extremely talented and I wish you the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
omfg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooOO......I CANT READ ANYMORE..ITS THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND YOU GUYS HAVE COMPLETELY RUINED THIS FOR ME..A HUGE MIDDLE FINGER..IHOPE ALIAS F#%$&ING KILLS HIM....SO UPSET !!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
For the sake of the writers

To be quite frank with the people who are against the cheating, back then it would not have been concerned as cheating, when you are forced to marry some one you do not love you have little to no pain when your not the only Cow in the pasture getting milked, quite frankly it's actually a relief to not be the one being forced to share the same bed chambers let alone sleep with him (coming from someone that has been in a forced marriage to someone I had no likings for). So far I have loved this story and I would have loved to be able to get it as a book! I look forward to finding out more. As for the comment of her majesty being replaceable if you look at history there were several kings that had mutiple wife's hang/be headed because they would grow tired of the Queen and find someone new. But because of her family I doubt that happened especially if to be replaced by the maid.

- mrsdryden.rrb@gmail.com

ButterBearButterBearover 7 years ago
Meh

I think I got whiplash with the odd turnabout of both characters. This story is losing momentum - not gaining. I actually like him more than her, and that's saying a bunch because he's a prick. Not sure I'm engaged enough in this story to care how it ends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Strong feelings about the king

You would be hard pressed to find a more inconsiderate prick. So this is how he cares for something (not someone) he treasures. He is useless. I hope she scratches his eyes out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Unlikable characters

Really unlikable characters on both parts here. Like even if you are a selfish king, what king fucks a servant in hearing distant of his sick wife? And chooses that time, among all others to cheat for the first time? Disgusting. And her lack of any motivation is a boring read. I was hoping this story would get better but I can't read any more of this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fabulous cliffhanger

Longing for more..

jenna6jenna6almost 5 years ago
You lost me...

...when Alexander CHEATED on Alais 😢😡. That's a good way to kill the idea that they're meant to be together. 1 star⭐️.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
..lost a fan..

I was so into this story! Its sophisticated, beautiful and sexy.. thats why im so disappointed that Alexander cheated on Alais.. it took away something and I can't keep reading. 1 star

PaladinDansePaladinDanseover 1 year ago

"Even if he does see her like this, it has to be alright. It isn't our fault. How can he be angry with us?"

"You're new, aren't you." Love that. Great writing!

As for the one star brigade down here, this is a DARK romance if you picked it up yet ( Somehow, improbably) he is SUPPOSED to be a prick!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous