All Comments on 'Posole: Pork Butt Love'

by Arancini_Love

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Moar fud on Litrats!!

I make posole like that, but with smoked pork hocks and less liquid, and use it for tacos. Also a variation with uncooked green salsa in place of the tomatoes and the jalapenos in the salsa and a dried chilpotle chile in place of the red chiles. Also very good. (Hey, I'm half-Polish/half-Italian from New England, so nobody calls me out for inauthenticity.) I am making that today or tomorrow. You built me up an appetite. Thanks. You got a good recipe for chilaquiles?

Who says food isn't sexy? Not me. This site needs a food section, maybe on Wednesdays.

fanfarefanfarealmost 8 years ago
Cooking with the Common Man...

...A_L, great recipe for love and a terrific formula for lust!

Myself, I swear by my slowcooker. Whenever I crockpot and have any bones or liquids leftover, I freeze it I appreciate the convenience of not having to be chained to a hot stove.

Every couple of months I put all that back into my slowcooker with more liquid. (wine or beer adds to the merge of flavors.) After a couple of days on low & slow, I carefully colander out the softened bones. Cooled, this stock goes into plastic bags (laid flat, use less room in freezer) and frozen again.

If you gotta cold or fluachoo, a bag of broth just needs some fresh cracked pepper and lime juice added to fight those pesky germs.

Otherwise, whenever I want to enrich my posole or stews or whatever, adding a bag of stock is easy and provides a savory taste a lot better than bouillon cubes. Plus, I prefer the mix of bone-juices as providing a richer flavor, overall.

P.S. "Skimming the fat off...Really? Umami rules! Without using MSG.

And I've lost count of all the healthy-vegamite dieting fools whose funerals I have attended over the years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but this?

"Sorry.....just had to throw that in, I know you're not married, and you don't have kids."

Who are you addressing? It can't be me. I'm married.

"You like it when I call you baby, don't you." I still have no idea who you're talking to, but questions need a question mark at the end of them.

"You, sir, are a cad!" I'm a woman. Who is "sir?"

"You make a cute little joke...maybe you're "choice" will include those seeds placed in my what???" - There should be a period after "joke." "You're" is a contraction for "you are." The word you want is "your." One question mark will suffice. You can put the others where you left them out.

Most of your ellipses are used incorrectly. Google to find the correct usage.

sexymeupsexymeupover 7 years ago
rubbish

was a waste of time to read, worst rubbish i ever had the misfortune to read

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous