All Comments on 'Know Thyself Ch. 09'

by Bethesda

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for an absolutely amazing story!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful

Him and Her, eh? World of technology.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
fantastic

truly briliant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful

This was truly one of the best series i have read, thank you..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Story!!

It was a beautiful story with well written final chapter to finish the series. I am going to read it all again and again.

avidfaavidfaalmost 8 years ago
Extraordinary!

Unique and excellent. I am speechless with admiration.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The best series!

A terrific finish to a terrific series! I loved everything about this story. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Absolutely beautiful

Such a beautiful ending. It literally brought tears to my eyes. Very well done Bethesda. ❤️❤️❤️🌷

BethesdaBethesdaalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank You!

Thank you everyone for such amazing feedback on this final chapter and the entire series. I can't express how grateful I am to everyone for all the motivation you gave me to write this. I hope to post more stories in the future, but for now thank you thank you thank you! ❤️❤️❤️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Amazing!

This is the best short story I have ever read. Thanks Bethesda for all the effort and time you put into this story. Though I am sad about it ending, I couldn't have hoped for a better one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

A tour de force. Complicated to the max, but very few holes that I could detect. If you ever consider a rewrite, I think you should have Ben find his original mother to give the reader peace that she is in a better place just as his original father turned out to be in.

jme51usajme51usaover 7 years ago
Awesome Story

Thank U for writing such a marvelous story. It was very fascinating. U are a very talented writer. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

ulpilotrmhulpilotrmhover 7 years ago
Wanting More

The best stories are those that leave you wanting more and this is certainly one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Thanks. What a wonderful story.

About learning to love yourself, and accept yourself.

I hope someone buys the movie rights, and you get rich, and the world gets this story as a feature film.

Best wishes and sincere thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazing!

The best story I've ever read on this site! Thank you so much for the amazing work you put into writing this Bethesda! 🙌🏼

It took me about two and a half weeks to finish reading it but I'm so glad it took so long as I gave it my full attention.

I'm not much of a reader and I try to stay away from chapter stories, but this was a masterpiece IMO.

Despite the very few grammatical errors.. The story was so intense and so well written that I hardly noticed them.

Great ending!

I'm so upset it's over! I wanted so much more..

Would love it if one day you can come back to it and wright somewhat of a sequel. Just so we can see how Ashley and Wendy's life turned out. I feel this story can't just finish here. Please consider it.

Looking forward to reading your future work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Non fiction? :P

So, after finishing this story I went and googled both Ben and Ashley as well as FB and Instagram.. I cannot find Ben Telaney anywhere but Ashley Montgomery really does exist! And exactly as she is described too!! LOL

Makes the story more amazing than it really is!! (Found a pic of Ashley and a brown skinned girl, both looking very happy!) guess Wendy exists as well ;).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow wow wow

That was wonderful! It was touching and sweet, loving and honest. I can honestly say it the first Literotica story that's ever made me cry, but in a good way. Seriously, publish it to Kindle, or try to get it published for reals. It's a better romance or fantasy novel then 75% of them. You are truly a gifted person Bethesda.

Still kinda wish it would happen to me.

blackknight314blackknight314about 7 years ago
Great job!

I started reading this in March 2017. I was lucky enough to be able to read it straight through all 9 Chapters. I loved it. I have always liked Sci Fi and Fantasy, but this is a first for me.

Good character development, that made your readers care about them and the story.

Thank you for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thumbs Up!

I got to read the story all the way through after it was completed. For me, it's definitely a page turner. I enjoyed its twists and turns. It kept me wondering what was coming next.

SarahS97SarahS97almost 7 years ago
Thank You Bethesda!

I actually finally registered out here for the sole purpose of telling you how absolutely amazing this story is <3 Finally a story where what happens between sexual encounters matters more than the sex itself (seems like so many of the story plots I see out here are just filler in between sex scenes. But THIS, this is heartfelt and loving and confusing and emotional and sometimes even torturous...just like life.

Really hope you continue to write more, but thank you for helping to make me feel and laugh and cry and root for characters that are fully-fleshed and worth caring about.

P.S. My only tiny little gripe (coming from a bi girl) is that Ashley comes out to her family as "a lesbian" when she really isn't...just because she chooses a life with Wendy, she'll never stop being bisexual. ;-) Thanks again for the most awesome of reads xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You are partially responsible for this wonderful thing.

I posted this above about 6 months ago....

"Still kinda wish it would happen to me."

I said how wonderful a story it is and how much it resonated.

I came out to my wife as a trans woman.

There are other reasons why this happened, but you are definitely the inciting incident.

I just want to say, thank you. I have been a really unhappy and angry man for the past couple of years, now as I start to think of my self as a woman, I am happier and calmer. It feels like one of the truest things I've ever experienced.

BethesdaBethesdaover 6 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous Above

Thank you so much for sharing that with me! A big congratulations to you for finding your happiness in life and embracing it. As a writer I hate to say this, but I'm at a loss for words to express how humbled I am by your comment. It's something like that that makes writing worth it. I am so truly happy for you and wish you the best in this new chapter of your life. Thank you for telling me that. Your comment has been a real gift to me. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bethesda, this is beautiful

You absolutely nailed this story. I don't know if it's just because it hit home for me, but I had to read chapter 9 through tear blinded eyes and my lifelong struggle to hide from myself by projecting masculinity made it impossible to cry for years.

You broke through that. Thank you.

I hope you do other writing because you've got a gift for it.

-E

PhineasPhineasover 6 years ago
Well done

Remarkably well told story, Bethesda. You have a talent with the written word and I hope you continue to develop and entertain with it. Trust me on this one - I've published no small amount of my own stories, though none ever quite like this.

Definitely an emotional and inspirational story. Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic

I just discovered this story and spent my New Years reading it all in one go. It's been a long time since I found something this good on this site. Normally I leave lengthy feedback, but it's 5am and I haven't slept all night so I'll keep it brief.

The good:

Fantastic examination of gender as it relates to culture, society, and self perception.

Deeply introspective and interesting protagonist

Strong emotional resonance throughout.

Vivid imagery and believable dialogue.

Oddly profound and deeply touching ending

The bad:

Underdeveloped supporting characters

Too many love interests

The protagonist's sexuality is inconsistent

Shaky third act

The swap back to Ben is too short to make the final choice compelling and the cross dressing feels out of place.

I honestly believe this would make a fantastic movie if it was trimmed up and streamlined a bit. Fantastic job and keep it up. I'll be reading the rest of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
loved it

Just wow :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thanks for the journey!

Thank you for this excellent tale!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Incredible!

I read through all nine chapters and each and every one was a 5 star work. This is, with out a doubt, one of the best series on here.

Tighttina02Tighttina02over 2 years ago

I was hooked from the first chapter and couldn't stop until i'd read it all. A brilliant story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'll be honest. You are a brilliant author and this story almost perfectly encapsulates my own trans experience(minus the magic of course). It all my tears of reading this content I've only encountered 1 other author who truly gets it the way you do and is Abe to put those feeling into words. All your characters are compelling and more than that they feel real. That's the mark of a truly great author and I hope you realise that.

-K

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really liked this story and for me I would really like this to happen to me. A few bits that I disagree with but they are minimal except one. For me I disagree with the lesbian relationship others will be fine with it. I also think she would explore her body much more and may need to get used to being female taking time. For instance at first would she try walking as a male because of the hips being different places. Would the sway, jiggle of the breasts need to be reckoned with when not wearing a bra or if the brain body relationship was 'there' when he woke up the first in the girls body, I would have thought he would say that. Wearing a skirt/dress can take time getting used to as it feels so different, yet again nothing really said about it and having different emotions would have been different as well. Thus a good story but could have been better if some of the hidden details were brought out. Going for a tampon and not towels was strange as sanatory towels would have been far easier to use, especially in an emergency situation when both had not been used before. Don't females always carry a spare in their bags. Well the ones I know do, along with the emergency underwear.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBethesda@Bethesda
316 Followers
After a lengthy hiatus, I am back. Life has a way of testing you from time to time. It was a difficult couple of years where I found it hard to focus and concentrate on my passion; writing. I am doing better and trying to focus on the things I love in life. I am a new story co...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Know Thyself Series Info