All Comments on 'Okay Play Date'

by ScatteredShowers

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
annaswirlsannaswirlsabout 20 years ago
Jealous!

Kate, can I come? I want a play date with a poet mommy! All the mommy's I know sit around talking about new sofas and tile for their bathroom and bitch about their husbands or salesmen.

Syndra LynnSyndra Lynnabout 20 years ago
Bravo!

This is wonderful.

jthserrajthserraabout 20 years ago
The first time I read this

I thought it was awful, then I read it again and there out of nowhere it clicked. A whirlwind look at cabin fever and the anticipated savior at 10...

I scratched my head at "...without child

in wind." and then suddenly it made sense. A wonderful juxtaposition of meanings in your words and a wonderful escape at the end.

Inspired poetry... well done.

jim : )

dreamsweetdreamsweetabout 20 years ago
oh yeah

Getting that little time without the kids, what a blessing that can be.

I did think of many, many words that go beyond "okay" when I thought about myself in the same situation. :)

Maria2394Maria2394about 20 years ago
this IS wonderful

a different style, a new way of reading poetry. I like the way you weave a conversation and a story into this short piece..I would have given it a big green E :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Okay you asked for it

What the hell do you even know about a playdate, and before you judge my work perhaps you should read thru 114 submission before you even try to catch me, Playdate, well this Mistress is more than well aware of the scene which you twit totally missed.

There you have it, and if you feel the need to tell someone how to eat peanut butter than you are about as narrow minded and literal as one can get, suggest you go back and read the rest..........until you step up to the plate, don't bother you spineless little bottom sucky bottom at that.............you need a good bitch slap and a good whipping and then you might have the honor of talking with me!

How stupid and silly can you be, eat your own fucking toast

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous