All Comments on 'The New Wolf Ch. 04'

by Sherrybaby14

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
ChelseaTayChelseaTayalmost 8 years ago
Oh my...

So much just happened... Ahhhh! I really hope Lucas can do some character growth and ya know, be a grown up and see where he went wrong. His fatal flaw is seeing the fault with others, but never himself. But I have a bad feeling he may go a little nuts, hope he doesn't end up being an outcast.

Clara and David make a cute duo, but I'd hate for him to have Clara's mark and then his own mate shows up... UGH! Damn Lucas, ruined everything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
keep it coming!

This is quickly becoming one of my new favorites to follow. So interested to see what happens next! Keep it coming :)

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 8 years ago
Well, Roxy got what she wanted.

Or at least what she thinks she wanted. We'll see if Lucas maintains their relationship and if he's still someone whose arm she wants to hang off.

I'm so used to these stories resulting in the male's redemption and an eventual mating that I kept looking for ways for Lucas to be a good guy, despite all evidence to the contrary.

This just clinches it. Fuck Lucas. What an ass thinking he could force the mark on her. Thank god for David coming in at the right time. I wonder if he does have a mate. But even if he doesn't, I'm not sure I see him and Clara getting together.

James and Suzy really screwed up, but at least they were trying to do what they thought was right. I wonder if locking Lucas up will help him at all. While he has squandered any chance he has with Clara, I do hope he grows---becomes more empathetic and self-aware. He just has no concept of how his actions impact others.

ale84ale84almost 8 years ago
so happy you updated

can someone punish roxy ? please please please

I can't believe noone as figure out her machinations

I still think clara should end up with lucas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Love it!

I love this story! This Lucas guy is an idiot and his views on how to treat women are appalling. What a douche!!! But I absolutely love this story and cannot wait for the next chapters!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank Luna that's over and hope it stays over

Got fed up with Lucas and James.

Lucas a bona fide asshole who just went over the edge, and James who is a sorry excuse for and alpha.

As to the continuation of the story

1. I want to ready the downfall of Lucas, that's how much he pisses me off

2. Clara should find a new love (maybe a widower?)

3. I still remember the part about her being able to resist James, was there something behind this (her being a possible alpha / beta)?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5 Stars!!!!!

For her finally leaving Lucas and the pathetic excuse for an alpha James and that entire pack! Please put Lucas and Roxie in a very special kind of hell PLEASE I hate them both. And please give Clara a Good awesome bad ass mate! she deserves it. I want her to get another true mate. just one mate for life isn't fair because her first mate sucked. love this story keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
finally...

As much as I tried to like lucas he just makes it so darn hard he is nothing but a rapist asshole. It's a good thing she finally left the crazy pack with the spineless alpha and please please let her and David end up marking each other I was beginning to give up on there been good guys in this story but then david came along.

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 8 years ago

What I really enjoy about this story is that it turns the genre and its convictions its head. The Alpha is a piss-poor one when it comes to understanding and inducting someone different to the pack. The mate is an arrogant ass who thinks force is the answer and his needs are paramount. The only friend doesn't really know how to be one -- what about simply treating someone the way you want to be treated? And the main character falls back on pity and willful ignorance instead of taking control of her circumstances. And NONE of the characters are particularly likable! (I KNOW that can be hard to follow through on in this forum.) Great work, Sherry!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 8 years ago
Nice conflict/ resolution

All these haters on James. The guy was honorable, and did his best. The circumstances were just really shit all around. He was supposed to favor some brand new wolf that hated being part of wolf culture over his Beta, his ONLY 2nd in command that he planned on giving half his pack to care for in maybe only a few more years? He did what he could with the limitations he had, as a human. He tried to alleviate her pain when he could, but in the end. There were tons of unknowns and Murphy's laws. Beta's in jail. Girl is free. Alpha now KNOWS Beta is a shit person. New Alpha seems like a better fit, and the future is unwritten.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Next Chapter

I need the next chapter!!! I don't think iv'e ever needed a chapter as badly as I need this one! I'm so glad she finally left that pack behind and is moving on. Roxy and Lucas are both horrible people and seriously need something bad to happen to them (especially Roxy). Also glad James stepped up and is finally acting somewhat like an alpha (took him long enough) but it was also more believable because now that he knows what it's like to have a mate he knows Lucas was being a selfish and is a complete dirtbag! Hope Clara gets another true mate because she deserves it BADLY! wouldn't mind if it's David or someone else because ANYONE BESIDE LUCAS WILL DO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

First of all, I just want to say that I came a cross your story yesterday and I love it, super happy that you updated today lol. Couldn't stop thinking about what might come next.

I'm intrigued to know more about David, does he have a mate? Is she dead? Was he rejected?

I'm really looking forward to reading more. Please keep up the good work!

-kai

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yassssss

I reeeeeeally hope she gets with David. From what it sounds like, David might have lost his actual mate somehow and it now alone(just a guess). They're perfect for each other!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wow!

Totally Awesome! Wish I could do more then 5 stars!

honeybreehoneybreealmost 8 years ago
Great series and I am glad...

That Clara is gone away from the madhouse. David in this single chapter showed the definition of an alpha and looking out for Clara and her best interest and he just met her. I don't know if they are heading to romance but I am glad she has a true friend on her side. Honestly I am not mad at Roxy because I didn't expect anything better from her so I can't even blame her for this situation all of this is on both James and Lucas. First, I like James but he runs his path like a co-ed fraternity, he is a good leader but needs to command more of himself and his pack. He may be natural born wolf but David is clearly heads and shoulders above him in the alpha department. Lucas just comes off as a disturbed child and quite frankly an abuser sure he has his moments where you think "maybe I am wrong" but as soon as nothing goes his way he is ready to impose his will especially when it concerns Clara. This guy has zero qualities frankly if end game is him and Clara he needs to grow up, earn her and pursue her in a year or two.

Wolftight21Wolftight21almost 8 years ago
^^

Can't wait for zee next chap. ^^

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 8 years ago
Thank goodness

She is out of the madhouse and away from rapey wolf (for now at least since he may cause a war). James really should just outcast Lucas at this point as he is mental. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Next Chapter

Please can you post more the one chapter a week!!!!! I need to know what happens !!!!!! It a great story and i would love to read more sooner then later. Thank you

oneoflifesjewelsoneoflifesjewelsalmost 8 years ago
Wow, great chapter!

I do hope David and Clara can find a way to be happy and totally in love with each other. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Lucas is to blame for his behavior. He is a stubborn idiot. I thought he would at least understand a little bit that Clara needed time to come to terms with being a newly turned wolf.

James did what he thought was best. Filling Clara in on werewolf life would not have changed much of anything. Clara would not have believe anything they told her anyway. She is now trying to wrap her head around some realizations. I just hope she gets educated on everything once they get back to David's pack.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 8 years ago
I don't think Lucas is redeemable.

That makes me question the point of the whole story...

Iread2relaxIread2relaxalmost 8 years ago
Question?

Can Clara have a second mate? Lucan turns rogue or ends up with Roxy. Bond breaks, free g her to be with David.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Loving it so far.

The pack dynamics are a story unto themselves, and the packs remind me of guilds I've been in on online games, except with their werewolves flair. Some have a frat like atmosphere with lax leadership, others with rigid rules, while some are like families. I think authors forget these are wolves that often start as people with all the influence of that person's background. Human women, depending on culture, don't take a lot of shit and the Luna goddess has always been a cheat to make them submissive and mind wipe them of negative impressions while retaining independence to make them "worthy" of their inevitable Alpha mate. Always an alpha of course, despite the fact that packs can get pretty large. The difference between mate/mark is a great one and goes a long way to closing gaping holes in the mythology.

Weres die. They lose mates. Does that mean widow weres automatically sufferr tragically and alone, despite theier human inclination to companionship? If a wolf possesses no mate bond until chance has an outcast turn a stranger were, does this mean that there are alot of weres without mates by fate and "Luna" is just a mean bitch? What if a were turns into an utter ass because of the influence of their human side and their pack bond and Alpha lets them get away with it? Are there really no interesting relationships or influence among lesser pack members? They have to find a niche not just with wolves, but resources against humanity.... shouldn't human skills, however random, be encouraged and developed? After all, whose more survival worthy, a militant pack with a badass leader with no sense of diplomacy or a pack that knows how to get along with humans and can defend themselves as needed? Both are good plot material.

This is a great story that appears to be exploring one or more of those angles, and it makes me appreciate the imaginative turn when i realize just how formulaic the were stories here are. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I don't think Lucas is bad, just misguided

Oh, and he does have a strong streak of misogyny, but I do root for him to get together with Clara. But to do so, he's gotta learn to listen and respect her wishes. Coming out with a heartfelt apology at the beginning would have helped. He seriously needs to put himself into her POV, then could have avoided all the mistakes he made.

I'm a bit uncertain about David - on the surface he seems OK, but I can't help but think something is hiding underneath. And for no reason than pure speculation, I'm guessing that the rogue wolf is David's brother, who survived, unbeknownst to him.

That being said, I think James screwed up by not telling her more earlier, so Lucas' actions would have made more sense - still would have been inexcusable, but at least understandable. And Roxy - I'm puzzled by her behavior - she tells both Lucas and Clara to trust her, but her advice seems to be fueled by what she wants, rather than what's best for them.

luv2read2

AvaritiaAvaritiaover 7 years ago
They belong together…

Lucas and Clara I mean…they both have their heads shoved up their own asses. She keeps saying she's not a victim but keeps acting like prey and he keeps thinking he's a good well adjusted dude but is treating her like said prey…they're both clueless and self centred…my opinion anyway

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSherrybaby14@Sherrybaby14
586 Followers
Hi! Still writing, but lately more on tumblr and ao3. Sort of fallen into The Walking Dead fandom, will write originals again soon

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES