All Comments on 'My Brother's Ghost Pt. 06'

by Kantarii

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I'm so glad I read this story

I'll have to admit, when I first saw the title, my initial reaction was that this was an incest story, between a sister and her brother's ghost. But then updates came out regularly, and the ratings were pretty good. So I decided to delve in, and after a bit, figured, "OK, this is a murder mystery." As I continued reading the subsequent chapters, my interest kept increasing - "what is going on here? How can Amanda seem to have recognized Scott? And why is he so insistent on picking her up?" The big reveal was a total surprise - had to read that part of the story twice to make sure I got it. Very clever, very insightful. 'Tis sad that Scott (and others like him) feel their sexuality threatened by anyone gay/trans/bi - after all, it's their body taking interest. Glad the author survived his encounter and was able to use it to create a most emotionally moving story. I happily will definitely remember this story for a long time to come. It resonated very strongly with me. Well done!

luv2read2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
my brother's ghost

You wrote your story and that's a plus.

I loved the ghostly aspect. This is what matters. A person's sexuality doesn't, it's just part of the story.

Well written and holds that element of truth that keeps the story honest and believable. Thanks for sharing the story, and your own life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Love this stories ending and love your writing style

UnykornUnykornalmost 8 years ago
Interesting twists

Your story telling is going great and I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories.

CliterateDykeCliterateDykeover 7 years ago

I've just been gobsmacked by this incredible, heartbreaking, lovely story of familial bonds & the power of love. This was such a mindbending read. I can only say thank you for sharing this poignant, painful & loving story.

RustyghRustyghabout 7 years ago

Your best work. The pain is all but unbearable.

seldomseenseldomseenabout 7 years ago

Really liked the ending and how the parts of the story was reconnected. Well done.

As a side note I saw an article yesterday about something that happened in Brazil. It might interest you and make aware of the amount of violence against members of the LGBT community and how little of it actually gets reported and how even less gets investigated.

here is the link to the story.

https://mic.com/articles/170760/transgender-woman-dandara-dos-santos-beaten-and-killed-in-brazil#.Rw8Nc5CKE

the video is pretty disturbing

KantariiKantariiabout 7 years agoAuthor

I put a great deal of thought into the ending and I'm satisfied with how I ended the story. I had people email me and suggest that I could write at least one more chapter, but I think this story is brilliant the way it is written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Creative Writing at its best

You've taken a fun theme and you've used it as a foundation to approach a difficult subject matter. Your message on hate-crime is well-delivered in this creative romp to 'the other side'. This story deserves far more consideration than it has been given. Thank you for sharing, Kant.

412len412lenover 5 years ago
Unusual. Electrifying. Suspenseful ... Elements of a good read.

Having found this author and following her I've decided to review this particular piece at its conclusion rather than the beginning (after the full read) as I do after the previous two stories, reason being, the epilogue. This story pays homage to the unseen dangers we as a segment of the population face. The story itself is a fitting tribute of justification based on brutality, and, in such a case, the end justifies the means. If I were to sum this piece up in a one word review it would be "brilliance."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKantarii@Kantarii
194 Followers
I'm a Transvestite. Don't let your eyes betray you; I’m NOT a woman. ********************************************************* My three "Golden Rules" 1. I'm human first, everything else people can accuse me of being second. 2. Self-Identity has a price most people can't affo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES