All Comments on '48 Hours on Blue Bayou Pt. 24: Julie'

by Carole99

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

"Master has no need or interest to be cruel to slaves" five minutes later she gets punished for her grovelling thanks to a guard.

The prose is solid but the content just seems mean spirited. The protagonist acts like her master is some sort of benevolent overlord but all he does is beat and mistreat her blaming her for everything. When compared to your earlier works in this series it's very jarring with less well trained girls being much better treat and recieving happy endings to their stories, when it comes to Julie I hope you can recapture that careful balance of a less mean spirited non-con story.

Carole99Carole99almost 8 years agoAuthor
Anon: Thanks for your

comment. It's very important for an author to receive constructive criticism. When I wrote Pt. 1 in 2014, I intended for each character to embark on a different journey. I started writing for Autumn and Lisa and took on co-author J Spe to write Julie's tale. We have different styles and ideas, and of course different fans and critics. We receive detailed private messages from men and women about their secret fantasies and about story suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to read the story and offering your comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank you for your reply

As the title to the comment says thank you for your reply (one of these days I'll finally get around to making an account), knowning some of what's going on in the background really does help to better understand how the story has shaped as it has.

Like I said previously the prose is very solid, it flows well and is easy to read. I think what issues arise are more tonal issues when compared to earlier sections of the story. That being said take it as a compliment to your skill in character writing that people become so attached to your characters that they become defensive of them :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Up and down - 3rd comment

Your stories are well written and I'm always waiting for your new parts, but this story has taken a too sad turn and always shows less sex, bdsm or other non-consensual action ...

I hope you know where you are driving the story and will find a less sad and more appropriate way out. After all, if they understand more and more what she's worth, why they persist in wanting to sell her?

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 8 years ago
Fantastic journey

Sex can be nice to read but what goes on in Julie's head is a hundred times more interesting. And it is narrated well. Fantastic journey of slavery!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Up and down - P.s.

p.s.

It has been stated more and more time that in this Enterprise: "After her correction,... as if she had never committed her crime. That is, she will have a clean slate and nobody will refer to her crime again."

This is clearly not true with Julie!

How it is?

alankalankalmost 8 years ago
True-- Too Sad a Turn

I agree with "Up and Down, 3rd Comment." This story is fantastic and extremely well written for two people that are supposed to be amateurs. True, we all make mistakes, however little, that change our lives forever but Julie's small crime, in my humble opinion, warranted nothing more than the equivalent to probation.

This story has taken a very sad turn and, even after taking a deep breath as Julie does to organize her answer, I cannot think of anything else to say other than this story, regardless of outcome, will remain on my favorites list.

Well done girls. Oh-- Attaboy!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Small Crime Big Crime

5 Starts - Excellent story.

I have an opposing view regarding comments about Julie's 'crime' being so minor. I think it was a most serious crime from Master's point of view.

Julie even now thinks her mistake was a minor slip up. She is sorry and regrets all that she has lost. But, she is still not focusing on Master and the real issue, her acceptance of being a slave.

Julie had one last chance to make an appeal and blew it by focusing on her losses and desires rather than what she had learned and how she would use that knowledge in the future for her current master or her future master.

Suppose Julie's last speech to Master went like this: "Please, Master. This slave realizes her grievous error by placing herself in Master's place at the center of her universe. This slave also realizes that her actions showed that she had not fully accepted her slavery. This slave is motivated to never repeat either of these mistakes. In spite of her failings, this slave appreciates that Master is now acting in her best interest and she will strive to get the highest price in the auction so Master will feel good that his slave met her Master's high standards in the last task she was assigned."

So, what do you all think? Would this have melted Master's heart?

- J

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Luv Julie's Story

I really want you to know how much I truly love this story. I like the way you share Julies thoughts and you give a lot of detail about collars, cells, food etc. On a scale of 1- 10 I give the whole book a 9.5. I hope these chapters go on for a long time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous