All Comments on 'Smokey Roads'

by Mainefiddleheads

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Good Read

Well written, interesting plot, not a lot of suspense - a more matter-of- fact take on cheating and life after cheating. Staying friends with a liar and a cheater? Bad idea, bad judgement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Story!

You plopped the reader right there. I pictured my self everywhere you described. A 5 from me. The first comment giving you a one was creepy.

enjayemenjayemalmost 8 years ago
Left me a little unsatisfied

The happy ending came a little too easily. I would like to have seen a little more tension, particularly around the cars. Nice plot device to get them together, but I think you could have made a little more of it. Just my humble opinion. 4*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
It was well written and I enjoyed it.

But, as mentioned by others, it had very little tension. His wife cheated and he found a new woman. There wasn't too much more to the plot. It was well done and enjoyable, but it lacked the extra zing to make it a top tier story. I will read every story you post. I look for them.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
A good story even if...

A good story even if as some comments say "it had very little tension" in it...She cheated a lot of times, but kept thinking it wasn't nothing bad...And that they soon or later would be together again, and maybe she could keep fucking her lover...She lived in a world of fantasy...So her being shot and losing her memory wasn't bad, because the memory loss was like to stay in her fantasy land...This is a 3*+ story, but face today's other stories it gets 4* easy...4*

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story!

Also enjoy previous Anon's slam of SS & her "constructive criticism." Thoroughly entertained by the exposition & POV of narrator even with the sloppy style of expressions. I get them.. They fit the character. Not enough erotica? I like how this writer gives enough details & then nudges the reader to complete scenarios using one's imagination - much more interactive dynamic for the reader than viewing step by step, paragraph after paragraph ad nauseum of sexual intimacy. I tend to skim that stuff & say, "Ok, they fuck well, now where's it going? This was a fun read.

BlueFlame6178BlueFlame6178almost 8 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed this work. Having lived in the Knoxville area in the late 70s, it was nice to be able to mentally connect with the areas mentioned. The characters and story line were plausible, detailed and interesting. I'm dyslexic and ADD and I have a difficult time emersing myself in a story. This one really captured my attention and held it! Very nicely done. I really enjoyed it.

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
I liked it

Not much originality, but I still enjoyed it. The only issue I had with it is what I have with most stories of this type. The ex crawls around trying to manipulate her way back into the life of the protagonist, but doesn't even attempt to change her behavior. Seems a bit artificial to me. I can't picture a real woman acting like this. A lot is stories use this plot, so I often have to ignore it in order score the story fairly.

gldngolfergldngolferalmost 8 years ago
Not bad, but...

Not a bad story. But my issue is the drinking and conceal carry. That's a felony in Ohio.

I know because I have my CCW. And by the way, a Can Am Spyder also.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 8 years ago

Another very enjoyable story, so thank you very much.You have the ability to write about a locale and immerse the reader into the landscape and the inhabitants to the point where I can just see it in my mind. So, that said, I gave it five stars even though there were a few nits to pick at as some other have commented on.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

"We were both hit with foul balls and we needed to call it a game." - The difference being that HE put a stop to it and SHE didn't. Not to mention how does she know about Terry since they were on the other side of the dance floor? Unless she put Terry up to it!

"I'm in here solo." - LOL, she wants him to take her back, and here she is dirty dancing with the guy she cheated on him with!

I've said it before, any offense is aggravated by doing it in the marriage bed.

I was really torn on my rating. I was close to giving it a 5, but it just wasn't quite THAT, so gave it a 4. If I could have given a 4.5 I would have! I wish we had a 10 point scale, then I could have given it a 9!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
@ anon alleging, same old, same old, lather- rinse - repeat plot repetetiveness

You are right and yet wrong at the same time. This repetetiveness is the evergreen process of karma at work. Here cheating is depicted and often cheaters eventually reap what they have sown. How innovative is Judge Judy or Dr. Phil where people with unhealthy habits and thoughts are spotlighted ?

The basic and day to day format of a quality Loving Wives story like this one ( for the most part ) isn't cutting edge when a ' good person ' receives a setback of discovering adultery within their marriage . A choice is made between reconciliation or moving on . Hopefully things shake out for the better .The flow of the writer in narrating this process determines my satisfaction.

In terms of this individual story ? I concur with previous comments that there was a tension void. The descriptions of urban settings ( and the dogs ) were the strong points. Mainefiddleheads has both inspired stretches and some clichéd intervals. I find his work to be well above the median offerings here and thank him for sharing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Paint By Numbers

There are only so many ways you can tell these stories, the trick is in how well you do it, and the little bells and whistles you add to it.

As for this story, I don't have an issue with being friends with the ex, it seems apparent that she has accepted the situation and has moved on. I do agree that there could have been more drama with the cars, maybe her ex's friends trying to haul of some of the cars.

As to the writers mentioned, I just don't see it, especially with BlackrandI1958, her stories are all over the map, and even her stories that might on the surface fall into the "paint by numbers" area, she usually has some tweaks and twists that still make them a fun read.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 8 years ago
Excellent

Got me into trouble 'cos I should have been going to get my dog while I was reading this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
# 5

I gave you a 5 even though you wrote those pathetic Cam-Am Spyders into your story. No self respecting biker would be caught dead on one and they have literally no resale value. It was the only thing that ruined the end of the story for me. Great Job loved the story. Also enjoyed the insight into the wrongs people do and the consequences of said sins. Loved it. Look forward to your next work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
good ....

Good enough for me as I am an old Tn. man myself and I have run a few back/roads myself.! You know & I know there are some fine looking women here in Tn.****

Very good story & good enough for a "5" all the way. Will try to follow your writings in the future.!

Thanks.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
Another first rate, five star story

from one of Literotica's top writers.

Thanks for sharing this one with us.

kimi1990kimi1990almost 8 years ago
@paint by the numbers

This is a good story. Well written, keeps your interest and I liked it. You just took a slam at three of the best writers that post here with any regularity. Other than those three, we occasionally get stories from the good writers that used to post regularly and I'm thankful they still post once in a while. The three you slammed are what keep me coming back now. I hope one of them will have posted a story. They keep most of us interested. They are the horses pulling this wagon. You out to be thanking them, not dissing them.

There's very little else worth reading in this category. I agree completely with sbrooks103x. Cheaters are, by definition, dumb. If they were smart, they wouldn't cheat. Those writers are very original. BR1958 writes in half a dozen different categories. Same every time? I don't know what you've been smoking. The other two mostly write loving wives, but they write very good stories. They consistently write stories I like reading. Somebody must be jealous. The only things they have in common is good writing, and that they don't write cheaters as some kind of hero. Take away those three and what do you have? SharedSigne? Good luck attracting readers with that.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 8 years ago
These stories really are all the same

Anyone defending them as otherwise isn't actually reading them. Not saying the author is bad, just that he needs to expand himself a bit or risk becoming another stangstar and just using the same template again and again and again with the names changed to another set of "hilarious" references.

I know it's hard, it's so easy to publish the same story here in loving wives over and over and be told you're brilliant every time by the mouth breathing idiots who only care that they don't have to feel bad about their own failed relationships because you assure them that nothing is ever even a little bit the husband's fault. But try to branch out a little, there are other kinds of stories and other kinds of characters besides the stock loving wives archetypes. You might find inspiration to grow as a writer and avoid the fate of being the next stangstar or vandemonium.

Archie89Archie89almost 8 years ago
5*

Very nice to read!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@frontlinecaster

If it's so easy to publish the same story, how is it that you have published ZERO?

You may notice that I have no published stories. That is because it is hard! That is why I appreciate reading stories by talented writers. And, no, they are NOT necessarily "brilliant", but that doesn't mean that all there stories are the same.

And as for being a "mouth-breathing idiot" trying not to feel bad about my failed relationship, I have an MBA and have just celebrated by 42nd anniversary.

If my feeble memory isn't failing me I think you have been accused of being an alias of SharedSigne, who as we all know NEVER writes the same story!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 8 years ago
5

Good read again, nice venue and characters. Ill speak against the critics who accuse u of being to firmulae driven.. there is only so much content to change when writing a fair amount of stories, venue, chatacters etc, but it still has to boil down to an antagonist and protagonist with there cafre of supporting characters.. not sure what these non authors feel they have to bitch about. Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nice Story

After reading some comments, I have to add mine. This is another readable and enjoyable story from this author. Now, most authors tend to have some basic storylines that they favor, it's just how LW operates.

Some people put craft into their writing and others just get it out there, Maine..is the former not the later.

I look forward to their work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great story

Please ignore the trolls. There are many of us who enjoy reading your stories and I appreciate your writing and posting them for our enjoyment.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Wonderful trip down memory road !

Mainefiddlehead , I am more convinced than ever that no one in LW sets a story any better than you do. Honestly , local tourism boards should pay you to come spend a all expenses paid month long stay in their area of the world just so you would set your next story there ! Your stories are the literary version of some of the great " Hudson River school" artists greatest landscape paintings .

It never ceases to amaze me that the same people crawl out of the woodwork every time one of the big 3 posts a story in LW. I can just feel the envy oozing through the screen, I actually chuckle at their clichéd responses .

I guess when the storylines that they despise so much are almost universally loved and admired by 3/4's or more of the readers in this category , it brings out the " Green" in them ! Lol chuckle, chuckle, chuckle !

Hell swingerjoe even posted his little diatribe anonymously !

And foreskinblister used his old moniker instead of his current one , Sharedsigne !

It just warms the cockles of my heart to see them squirm with envy at the universally loved stories of Mainefiddlehead , Blackrandl1958 , and vandemonium1 ! It honestly makes me think of Dr. Suess's " the Grinch" character looking down on all the happy residents of Whoville !

But enough about those wet blankets , lets get back to those beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina and East Tennessee .

This was not a BTB story , this was a rational man doing things the right way. That's the adult way to end a marriage. And as far as the new wife , was he supposed to stay celibate and miserable ? He simply ran across someone who like himself, was looking to move on with their life, and who shared attractions to each other. Who can possibly have an issue with that ?

Zed0 had a very accurate comment about the aftermath of the shooting , and honestly MFH did totally skip that part , about the only mistake ( IMHO) in his story.

But I thought it a good , solid piece showing the development of one of the best currently posting author on this site. Hell belay that currently posting part , the current Big 3 have ensconced them selves into that top tier of LW authors current and past.

5*'s easily !

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
WHEN YOU PLAY WITH MOUNTAIN MUSIC

watch out for the 2-steppers on your toes. TK U MLJ LV NV

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 8 years ago
Always . . .

. . . entertaining. You seem to be able to capture the spirit and environment with whatever setting you choose to write about - whether Maine or any other place. And your writing is clear and moves quickly. Whenever I see your new stories, those are the ones that I read first. Thank you very much for your continued artistic endeavors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Entertaining story.

Thanks for the contribution. Not a bad entertaining read. (signed ML)

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 8 years ago
Well written and entertaining

A lot went on and you wove it together nicely! Thanks!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 8 years ago
Engrossing

I enjoyed the story. It was well set up and told. The characters are believable and rounded. The plot is a sold as they come, a cheating wife and a man getting on with his life. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Oddity though, It's like this author finds where I've spent a lot of time and writes about the are a like a native. I live din the mountains of eastern TN, near the NC line for 6 years and you capture the area well. Sweet read.

francis_toliverfrancis_toliveralmost 8 years ago
Reality is...

That there is nothing new under the sun. The point isn't has a story been told before in one form or another. All stories have been told before in one form or another. Stories come out of our experience. Our experience comes out of our biology. So you can study the culture of Sumer from 5,000 plus years ago and find the stories we read today, in one form or another. The idea that a story has been told before is a reason to argue against it is, well, pretty silly.

The point isn't; has the story been told before. The point is; was the story told well. Did it touch the emotions of the reader? Did we respond to it, feel intrigued by it, care about the characters in it? Was it elegant, clever? Did it give you a feel for the life and culture it came out of?

So, Mainefiddleheads, I want to thank you for a story (like many of your stories) that was very good on many of those counts. I especially liked the feel of the culture you set the story in. It reminded me of watching "Justified" in its feel. I liked that our protagonist didn't run away when pressure was placed on him (like so many stories have happen), he just took it in stride and eventually told them to stop! The whole thing felt very down to earth and understated. I really liked that. The gun play at the end was a bit much but it did create some sympathy for June and gave an exclamation point for the end of the story.

Over all this was a quiet, understated, story about a reasonable man doing pretty reasonable things in a hurtful situation and coming to a pretty happy ending. A sweet story with characters I really cared about. 5 stars and a thank you!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 8 years ago
Great

I really enjoyed your story. I particularly liked the locale. It's been 10 years since I was last in Maggie Valley. I still remember the wonderful apples I bought there. Maybe I can go back this fall.

I also liked the story, The Hunter, on this site which was set in that region.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

You do an excellent job of using the settings as essential elements in your stories, and you develop excellent characters. You need to work to get the sex up to the standard of the rest of the story. The sex scenes themselves are kind of flat, and you missed a couple of prime opportunities to describe Sandra during the skinny dipping scene - both when she took her clothes off and when she got out of the water (and possibly a playful brush in the water).

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Similar Storylines

I'm confused. More than 50% of Edgar Degas' paintings are of dancers, but I've never read any criticism of him because of that!

When you find something that you like to do, that you do well, and that other people appreciate, you tend to do more of it, that is NOT a bad thing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It was OK. Thanks for taking the time and effort to write it. Here are some things to think about.

Thanks for all the time and effort to portray the community and setting properly. Its a beautiful area.

I didn't understand how the wife could be so stupid and selfish and unethical and still be appealing as a girl friend, then a wife. She obviously had no self-respect, self-discipline, or morals. I would think such an empty shallow woman would be easy to spot, and steer clear of. Everything was about what she wanted and what she thought was acceptable and to hell with reality and contrary opinions. And her behavior subsequent to the divorce indicated she was borderline psychotic, beseeching Josh to reconcile while still fucking Charlie. You would think all these negative aspects of her character would come out during their courtship.

I didn't understand why the ex-husband started shooting, or who he was shooting at. What good would it do to kill Josh, or Sandra, or June, in a public venue? He knew where to find all three if he just wanted one or more of them dead. I also didn't understand why the ex fired only 1 shot, then apparently waited until Josh unholstered his weapon, took aim, and killed him. The action was poorly scripted, I think.

And what is with Josh's parents? You would think they would want to kill June, not adopt her. June effectively killed their chance to become grandparents. Makes you wonder if Josh's Mom fucked around on her husband too. Just didn't make sense.

So it was a good basic plot and storyline, but the details didn't make sense. And the emotional energy was muted. June was never allowed to try to explain herself, and Josh never tried to understand her failing.

P.S. What's a Can Am, and would a responsible parent ride their child in/on one?

Thanks again for all the effort.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 8 years ago
Another

Another nicely laid out story, other than putting Cabernet in the fridge... Wonder why his wife was so positive about the impossibility of her ex beau getting into her pants, since she not only gave it to him, she willfully met him on a regular basis. Having a weakness for a previous scumbag boyfriend is a common theme in LW. Anyhow, nice story; these great rebound single women are nice to have Johnny on the spot, eh?

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartalmost 8 years ago
good job

I always look forward to your offerings and I enjoyed this as much as any you've put out. I don't see what people are complaining about, this works. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Another good story fromYou.

I cannot for the life of me think how a women married to such a man would throw it all away for a fuck on the sly. To what end and she had to know it would end badly. In this Life we hear so many stories that seem unbelivable but they happen all the time. What a waste .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
the usual flaw

At the end of page one I wanted to know what made June tick. Why? Because the entire story was predicated on her actions. What did I get? Nothing.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 8 years ago
Very good-

I enjoyed it.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1almost 8 years ago
An analogy for the hard of brain.

Firstly, I apologise to MFH for hijacking his story's comments.

I'd just like to offer an analogy to those that say all his stories are the same (or mine or BR1958s).

Go to a car assembly plant. Look at the car when it is just a chassis and engine. It looks like every other car. An expert could tell the difference, the uninformed can't.

At the next station, the wheels are put on. Now I can tell it's a sports car. That narrows it down to 10% of the worlds cars.

At the next station, they're putting on hub caps. I can see it's a Ford now. Could be any one of their 3 sports cars. All distinctly different, but at the moment it could be any of the 3.

They put the panels on at the next station. Now it's distinctly a Ford XYZ.

At the last station they put on the number plate/ license plate. Now it is unique and not identical to any other car in the world. It looks similar to another 50,000, but apart from the prototype, that's unavoidable.

Only an hour ago, to the uninformed, it looked exactly like every other car in the world.

Now change the word 'car' for the word 'story' and the word 'uninformed' to the phrase 'pig ignorant' and you can see why some people can't spot the uniqueness of every story.

Quod erat demonstrandum

Noli illegitimi carborundum

MFH, please keep up the fine work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
3*s

Thank you for a good piece of storytelling. That was entertaining.

Gave you 3*s . Please, keep writing.

Glad to see you don't argue with the commenting crowd anymore! Ha, ha. I'll never forget how you told me off after reading my comment to one of the first stories you posted here! It wasn't good.I'm very glad I ignored you and kept reading. Your improvement is tremendous😉!

AMerryman

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
*****

Fine tale.

Now, they do make a modified pull trailer for the CA. Could do a parental unit plus seat.

Just sayin'....

Lex1Lex1almost 8 years ago
LOL @ swingerjoe

You threw down the gauntlet, didn't you? LOL. The BTBer's Bitch? Cold man. Just cold. If MFH doesn't delete this, I can't wait to see what kind of response this gets.

Lex1Lex1almost 8 years ago
@ swinger joe

I have to add, in fairness, you can't really talk about people deleting comments. You yourself have advocated for authors to do that to comments they find distasteful. So that was unfair for you to tell him to be a man about it.

Just saying...

Mordant96Mordant96almost 8 years ago
Excellent!

I'm glad I was reading the story on my IPad, because I couldn't put it down. Thanks for a great read. I loved the comment that was made on one of my stories, "When the fishing boats come home, you can tell who got the biggest catch. It's the boat with the most squawking gulls." That's what most of the negative Anons are, squawking gulls.

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
@Mordant96

As one who gets a lot of squawking gulls, i have to remember that saying.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsalmost 8 years agoAuthor
swingerjoe

I delete your comments because you are simply obnoxious and you dont have anything to add. I dont know if that is manly enough for you but it will have to do.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 8 years ago
Very nice

Your story was very well written and I enjoyed it. Since we seem to be joined at the hip, by our supporters and detractors, alike, it behooves me to add my applause for your writing.

I’ve read all the stories you’ve posted for the last year and enjoyed them all. You tell a good story and you have a way with words. The day is always brightened when I see you’ve posted a new story. Keep posting and I’ll keep reading, I'm a fan. Randi

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 8 years ago

So...Vandemonium admits that he views writing not as a creative endeavor but as producing the same product over and over again from an assembly line. I imagine not even the king of copy/paste/change the names stories Stangstar would use those terms.

This is why I encourage this author to branch out and try different themes, no one should want to turn into that kind of writer. You have a small but enthusiastic audience here who will tell you anything you do is great and wonderful as long as it never changes. But you're audience will never grow and you'll never grow as an author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@fronlinecaster

Small audience? You're nuts, dude. Look at the scores, views and favorites. The three authors that keep getting mentioned here consistently score over four, have tons of comments, more views than anyone else, and more favorites. By far, the number of people who read and like their stories outnumber those that don't like them. It's the cuck authors you favor that have a small audience. What's sharedsigne's average score? Compare that to Mainefiddlehead's average, or, any of the other two. Where are the cucks in the hall of fame? All the same? I'm pretty sure one of them just won novel of the year for a scifi, fantasy novel. You need therapy, dude. You're in denial.

needyou200needyou200almost 8 years ago
5

to help the score, eat it annony

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Assembly line metaphor

Hi Vandemonium1

I think Frontlinecaster already has the analogy of an assembly line in mind for the comment that he posted earlier-- and what he would like to see less of, since the models on the road are not that interesting in his view. What he wants is something more like the psychobilly Cadillac that Johnny Cash sang about ...That would make for a very different kind of read. :)

onlythelonelylove

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@frontlinecaster

And yet, here you still are!

If you find us such a "toxic mess", why don't you go elsewhere more to your liking?

I'm NOT trying to be snarky, but it's like when "Seinfeld" was on, a show that was proudly about "nothing". You're like a person who would watch the show every week, at the end say, "I hate this show, it's about nothing!", and then the following Thursday sit on their sofa and put it on again!

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
It's no use.

@sbrooks103x

Dude, don't bother. He's immune to that annoying little thing called logic.

@Mainefiddleheads

Great tale as usual. Reconciliation doesn't necessarily mean getting back together. You handled that exceptionally well, in this tale.

5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Frontlinecaster has only had one agenda since he came to this website. That is to banish all stories but the skank stories that titillate him and his few like minded hypocritical bigots while they enjoy their favorite drink of ass flavored cum. He will use any argument and any lie to advance his agenda. Only a retard would believe any of the shit that comes from him. It kills him that he couldn't convince Laurel to move the most popular stories and authors away from what he perceives as his little fiefdom. And funny since the envious shithead doesn't have the talent or guts to write a story himself. And before you get to commenting about me hiding behind an anonymous name post your full name, address, and phone number Fuckface. Just what I thought you gutless bastard. Go back to reading your fellow retards posting all the same old one page skank stories. Just what I thought you don't complain about them you sorry piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Decent story

but a little boring and not at all erotic. 3*

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsalmost 8 years agoAuthor
sharedsigne

The reason I delete your comments is because you have an agenda to cause strife against those who do not write stories in your particular sub-genre. Add to that the flaunting and abuse of the 'report' function and there is strong justification to exclude you from the discussion combox.

As for your thirst for 'stroke porn' there are many stories here that will slake that thirst. I'm just unlikely to be the author of them.

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Very enjoyable story

Considering all the painful events in the story it is surprising that I found it delightful.

I guess that it is Mainefieldhead's writing that I enjoy.

carvohicarvohialmost 8 years ago
Well here I go...

For starters you had me at the pork chop dinner in the second paragraph. I was back at my grandparents dinner table. Who could ask for more?

Some anonymous guy was disappointed because you never let on about what made June tick. What? Like can anybody ever really figure out what makes a woman tick?

HDK was right a little bit about the lack of tension, but so what. I enjoyed the story, and liked the people in it. I even liked June.

And there's the "it's the same old story over and over again." Well that's why it's in the Loving Wives section. I like to watch and occasionally read a western, and they're all always the same. Ever watch a cop show? Ever watch a comedy? Gosh, let's give thanks; there weren't any zombies, werewolves, vampires, witches, or leather faced fellows running around with chain saws.

I had a good time, and I didn't have to pay a penny for it. Keep em coming Maine guy.

Jedd Clampett

And p.s.: Not once did you mention Mustangs!

GforGrahamGforGrahamalmost 8 years ago
enjoyable

Mostly nice to read, but you lost me at times. Not being local to the Tennessee area I had no idea what you were talking about at times. Also what the heck is a cam-am spyder? Is it a fish or lure or something? Totally lost me at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
goood but

i dont like it when writers of this kind of story try to make the male charecter a faultless and all the girls try to win him over even his exs sister .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A Can-Am Spyder is...

A brand/model of motorcycle. The Can-Ams are unique in that they feature a single rear drive wheel and two front wheels for steering.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
@GforGraham 07/01/16

re:

what the heck is a cam-am spyder? Is it a fish or lure or something? Totally lost me at the end.

-------

Basically a Can-Am Spyder is the half-breed offspring of a snowmobile and a motorcycle.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
re: the same thing over and over

The entire premise of the category is a wife has sex with one or more men.

Just how many variations on that theme do you expect there to be?

How many ways can you tell that?

The ancient Greeks admitted that there were no new story ideas over 2000 years ago.

You want anything newer read science fiction, maybe some few of them are new.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
The ancient Greeks were right

I agree with you again Tw0Cr0ws. (Agreeing with you is becoming monotonous.) There are no "new" stories if you are looking to find a theme that hasn't been explored before in some way.

It's the settings in which those old basic themes are explored that makes a story interesting. Even sci-fi merely explores the same old themes in new and possibly more interesting settings.

For Loving Wives stories, I was impressed by FD45's comment recently to CarolinaDreamer's story "The Twenty Year Itch". FD45 said (among other things):

"The key to stories in LW is the forbidden nature of the interaction and how delightful the sex is, or an emotionally engaging tale about betrayal and the raw emotions of people dealing with the fallout."

Two basic themes, each of which can be explored by good and creative authors in an infinite range of settings.

Lue

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 8 years ago
Very good read

MFH tells great stories. I never did figure the lure of Charlie. Near the end I felt sorry for June, but she was her own worse enemy. Pining after what she lost but still seeing Charlie. I'm glad alls well that ends well. Nice ending, very satisfying. Five stars.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 8 years ago

Not all loving wives stories have to be the same. But that's also not my point. My point is that this author is doing himself a disservice by not branching out to other categories or other themes. You have a talent for setting, but you're on the path to turning into an assembly line hack like vandemonium or stangstar who refuse to write anything but the same stories of husbands getting revenge over and over. Write a love story or a thriller or some fantasy, just anything else that doesn't require a paper cut out of a wife saying "it didn't mean anything" again and again for the first several pages.

WolfieWolfiealmost 8 years ago
New-to-me author

I thought you did an outstanding job writing this story. I just read the comments of others complaining you don't switch themes. I don't know about any of that. I just thought you were great!!

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
Lots of emotions and drama

All well portrayed.

This was a story about people. How they hurt each other, make poor decisions, accept responsibility for their actions, grow, fail, and even move on. One the most authentic parts of the story was the depiction of the actions and reactions of the family members. Sad but true how they can be part of the problem when they should be supportive.

Thanks for an interesting and thoughtful story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
You Know

Too many people complain about the same thing every tale they read. They also say the same thing over and over again. I don't get it. This was a great tale and our betrayed hero had a happy ending. When you play, you gotta pay whether you remember or not. Keep up the good work.

CharliegutzacheCharliegutzacheover 7 years ago
OMG

You really put the reader (me) right into the story, as an Aussie I get to picture in my mind about the smaller places of America, that we Aussies don't get to see unless it's on t.v. also I would love to fall in love with a Southern Belle, maybe even get to marry her, an it don't matter to me if she is trailer park trash or from old money, the thing for me is the accent, I just love it, now as for some of the other comments about how MFH stories are same ole, same ole, l don't see it that way, each story is different, each situation as to the spouse cheating is different, an how the cheated on spouse responds to it is also different, some would like recon, some would like to BTB, both her an the peckerwood (sic), an another point, the stories are in different locales too, like Maine or Tennessee, an when l read about different places l google them to see images an maps of the places, so that I get a better understanding of the places from the stories. Rated 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pretty Good

I thought the story was very good right up until the ending. I felt like that was abrupt, too rushed, just too damned quick. Almost like the author just got tired of the story and "hurried-up" the ending.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Great Flavor Of The Smokies

Back in the day, when I traveled through those mountains, there was no I-40, and the 'old roads' were the only roads. In the 1960s they were paved, of course, with climbing lanes for the big rigs, but they were still scary as shit for a flatlander boy who was driving them for the first time! I made the trip over the mountains to and from Tennessee a few times on skiing expeditions. Memories....

Now as to your story, I found the settings and characters very well done. The setup, conflict, shitstorm, and amnesia wrinkle were all great, as was Josh finding happiness with Sandra. My only real complaint is that Charlie didn't seem to receive appropriate punishment for banging June for God knows how long -- regardless of who the instigator of their affair was.

Thanks for another interesting read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

The fuck is up with June and his fucking parents? Seriously, they all need a dose of fucking reality, the two-faced cunts!

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
nice tale 5*

got a real feel for the characters and locations, main character was a bit "too cool for school" and for me spoiled it just a little.

enjoyable reading, thankyou.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story

I loved it but surely, even in the South, they don’t put cabernet in the fridge!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Beautiful

You took me home with this story. I grew up in the mountains of Western North Carolina. The best place and best people that I know. I will retire there someday. Just a very good story, as are all you write. I read all the comments, and all I can add is, don't change what you do. Don't change a thing, except maybe post again soon. Thank you for the trip back home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How

How does him being her ex brother in law stop Ann making a both on him.Other authors never have a problem with it?

PapaMikePapaMikeover 5 years ago
How in the Hell

does he kill that asshole and not even have to talk to the police??

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Yep! 5*****

You are consistently one of the very finest authors on this site. Every word of the story rang true. It was a lovely, if occasionally painful, bit of truth and very well told.

GymShortsGymShortsover 4 years ago
Extremely good,5*****

I thought for sure you'd have him whip out his phone and play the video of June and peckerhead humping away when June and his parents ambushed him at the restaurant or when they came to his house after the Terri vs. June catfight....

Peckerhead, LOL. Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
How to recognize a cuck: Rule #3

Parentes (and pretty much everyone else) takes the cheater's side.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again. A comment on another story brought.me back here to one of my favorite stories. It still makes me homesick when I read it. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story

I have read a lot of your stories. Sometimes, I don't like where the plot takes me, but still enjoy the read. You seem to enjoy twists. Makes for a good read. 5*

killerwhale681killerwhale681over 3 years ago

MFH, y'all are like a comfortable old recliner. Lobster rolls, huh.....I've read and re-read your tales, and I've considered them to be fine and dandy. Your characters get put thru a lot at times....but don't snap and end up in prison. I appreciate that, as I had to learn to control my temper as well. Yep, I was just seeing in my mind's eye a coon cat paw snatching up a snack, while hearing a character make reference to various semi-lethal political dirty tricks. Or a drunken artist trying to wheel her lover home in a wheelbarrow.

Point is, thanks for your efforts on our behalf.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 3 years ago

That was certainly the right choice. Even though she says she doesn't remember, she is still a cheating whore and can never be trusted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very Good Story

This is, I think, my third time reading this story, and I enjoy it every time. MFH just never disappoints. Whether his stories are set in the north woods of Maine, or even Lake Texoma, (my neck of the woods), it’s always a very good story. And no exceptions with this one. Thanks, MFH.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story until the stupid plot twist. Such a dramatic thing to happen, only to be dismissed in half a dozen lines. For three pages the woman wouldn't let go even if she knew she was in the wrong, but now that she has every reason not to accept that their relationship is finished... she just accepts it? Lame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story up until the plot twist. It seems that the plot twist wasn't really thought out. Especially as the author didn't write any police involvement after Josh shot and killed Bill. You would have expected the police to be interviewing Josh at the hospital at least. It seems like the story at this point wasn't really thought out.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Few things:

1. You are a redneck just straight out of Jeff Foxworthy jokes. You do not need to deny it, just live with it. Everything you have in this story breathes that way.

2. The impossible twist you have in the end with memory nonsense was not needed and brings nothing to the plot. And it sounds ridiculously impossible to the absurd.

3. You should try to make your hero a little more human instead of a macho superman that even needs to talk "cool" (read: redneck) to make that point. All the women are crazy about him, all the men are weaker than him, whole family is in awe of him blah-blah-blabbety-blah ... he even has a big dick, what was it ... 9 inches, 10 inches?

This story is a clinical example of BTB nonsense that LW is full of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, but the parents should've kept the ex at arms length after the divorce. Do they know she hurt their son by cheating on him? The mom should not of gotten involved as much as she did.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

The guy's an obvious couple.

He stands by and warns his wife get fucked in his own house and does nothing about it?

Sorry brother but I read the left of your stories.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

I liked this story although it is not one of MFH's best works. However, I don't like violence or the threat of violence in erotica, so the routine carrying of concealed guns by characters in this fictional account is (to me) disturbing. I cannot imagine why anyone would carry a concealed firearm on a date, nor why they would use the gun to attack a rival in a love triangle. I suppose that this story just shows one small part of the American tragedy - the curse of guns. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

'12 St. Francis cabernet if you want to stick it in the fridge for a bit." WHAT!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Quite a ride this one was - well told! 5*

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

I love my small town husband and best friend. This story made me smile MF

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a warm and touching story. It has the flavor of a real time and place with folks in it I can relate to.

Very solid.

Thank you for this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty good story, I enjoyed it, mostly. There was just one thing missing: COPS?! I mean, there was a gunfight in a dancehall parking lot (okay, technically an ambush and returned fire) and the police never showed. The shooter who lived followed the ambulance to the hospital, still no cops. It’s bumfuzzling. And to the person who asked why you would carry a gun on a date? You do it to protect yourself in the event you are ever ambushed in a dancehall parking lot. Like it or not, it’s a dangerous world out there.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous