All Comments on 'A Shepherd Afield Pt. 03'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

thank you I read all of your stories and I'm happy how this one is turning out keep up the good work

PercySledgePercySledgealmost 8 years ago
Another great one!

Thank you for another great read!

I must say that I am really looking forward to see how this story continues to develop.

richieyeahrichieyeahalmost 8 years ago
thanks

Thank you for another fine instalment in this series, i can hardly wait for the next

fanfarefanfarealmost 8 years ago
Questions I am imponderating...

BR, Another tom terrific chapter with interesting developments in the lives of your characters, I like the consistency of your writing style.

...I do not have the legalist (allegorist?) experience to pass judgement (rimshot!) on the legal-beagle plotarc. So if any readers are knowledgeable about specific points of contention, please share with the rest of us.

Most victims of legal skullduggery lack the financial and fraternal resources to fight off the sharks. However the character of Ben has some wealth and an expanding pool of friendlies to draw upon.

My first question to investigate is: did Wendy seek out her attorney or is he an ambulance chaser? Cause I would hope the latter would be considered unethical behavior and result in professional censure and penalties?

The attorney character seems to have a history of dealing in similar cases? I would seek out the attorneys representing previous losing defendants. At least for information, perhaps even anonymous assistance uncovering evidence of prior acts of bad faith and unethical behavior.

The author makes it clear that Wendy is (possibly?) impoverished and (probably?) suffering a deleterious genetic disorder. For Civil cases, I do know that lawyers advance their inadequately wealthy clients some funds. For signing contractual obligations against a possible award.

If enough fans fell upon the piles of crapulous shyster would that possibly convince him to withdraw as the plaintiffs attorney of record?

I hope that I'm not causing a possible reveal of future plotting but I wonder, if Ben's character can resist then coming to Wendy's rescue with financial assistance. And allowing her character for a final scene of death-bed remorse?

BR if you feel that I am exposing more of your plot than you are comfortable with. Please feel free to delete this commentary. I will not take offense.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Hate You BurntRedstone!

Not really. This was a great addition to the novel of Ben's life. I called it on the not divorced aspect, yay. I had hoped there would be some direct contact between Wendy and Ben, but I love the way you skirted it with the weasel lawyer. Obviously the hate comment is that we are done with part 3 and there is no part 4 yet. Great work as usual.

LalawmanLalawmanalmost 8 years ago
more... more... MORE!

This is just an epic story. And just to be clear I know you said SA will have a Part 04 and I am telling you here and now that won't be enough for me. I want to see how this "family" interacts in the years to come... you got us hooked - so keep giving us our "fixes".

Really, really thanks!

FeonorxFeonorxalmost 8 years ago
Good and bad...

Good: As usual an excellent addition to the ongoing story. Well-written and well-thought-out with logical, if occasionally surprising, character development.

Bad: The sheer time between stories. I'd almost rather get 8-page stories twice as often instead of 16-page stories so seldom! So many writers disappear with stories unfinished that long breaks in between chapters elicits fears that this time another chapter will not be forthcoming...

muze1602muze1602almost 8 years ago
Thank you

Have followed this story from the start, enjoyed all of its ups and downs and always looked for the next chapter. Great to see another one and must be about time for another action episode with your hero saving someone's ass. Really enjoy your writing. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A reader's dilemma...

...when you are hooked on a story and have to wait for the next chapters! I'm all out of stories to read (all your stories) and am looking forward to finding out what happens next with Ben's "harem" (or Ed's or Jack's). Can't wait to see if karma kicks in and gives Ben's ex what she deserves! Keep up the good work!

QuestioningLitQuestioningLitalmost 8 years ago
Love this story!

I love all of the Shepherd series.

marcuskeith1marcuskeith1almost 8 years ago
Pure Enjoyment

Yet again a very enjoyable story segment. Well fleshed out characters who you wish to know more about. I have loved all your stories from the beginning and have reread them whilst waiting for this latest part.

looney67looney67almost 8 years ago
Argh

Can't wait for part 4

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Re-Read again

Well, just completed a re-read of this chapter, and like always I felt I should post and thank you once more for this story that stretches so far and long. I also wanted to mention that the break-up between Catherine and Chanel felt very organic. Having barely survived a long distance relationship myself, I can the pains the two of them must have been going through even if it wasn't expressed in the timeline. One of the troubling aspects with it that I had was that Chanel was asking Catherine to leave her family to join her in France. To leave her kids behind, if they didn't want to travel to live in France, and to give up her family that she has in the neighborhood. That was kind of selfish of her considering she was by herself, no family or really any friends to keep her there but the job. That meant she put the job above her love for Catherine. Maybe you'll explore this down the road, maybe they're done for good. Only you know, and I can't wait to find out.

However, it does give a great contrast between the love types between Chanel and Ben. Ben is completely giving and understanding. I think that having those two contrasting points is what makes this story feel more fluid and real. So kudos to you on that. Once again, thank you so much for the entertainment. I love the story, love that you're still writing it and continuing it on.

-J

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

This is a fun read. I can't imagine reading it out of order. There is so much going on with all the characters that I almost feel the need to chart a who's who diagram. Great read and hot sex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

well written

stumbled upon the Author's profile via a friend telling me to take a look at the

Jack Danner tales ...

however i found the Ben Shepherd stories a much more engaging & enjoyable Read

spending far to many hours this last 5 days , reading Ashburn/France/Afield

thankyou for sharing your writing with us

a Worthy 5 stars for each chapter .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Again, great story

I loved the nett part and cant wait what lays in the future of Ben and his Girls...

This Story is amazing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding!

Outstanding is the only word I can think of to describe this series. Well developed characters I wish I could meet in real life. I can't believe I care about these fictional characters! I wish I could give six stars. Can't wait for the next installment. Hope to be reading about these guys when Ben & Tina's child grads from college.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Hey can hardly y wait for chapter four great story.

lunchbox90lunchbox90over 7 years ago
REALLY GOOD stories!

I decided to leave my comment on the Shepherd series here, as I'm now finally caught up. I REALLY enjoy your stories! The Shepherd series, and the Ed series are my favorites.

I hope to see more of the Shepherd story unfold, I need my fix!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Excellent as always, hope be able to read the next chapter soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Oh stars!

Two years and neither you nor your editor have figured out how to spell 'counselor'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A Compliment

I've long believed the second best compliment a reader can offer an author (the best being cash) is the one I am about to offer you; please write more. I am greatly enjoying all three storylines: the "Ed" stories, the "Jack" stories (the bleating part was hysterically perfect!!), and, naturally, the "Ben" stories. While I sincerely want you to write more in all three storylines (as well as more often with no loss to depth of plot [HAR HAR HAR please note sarcasm]), I realize that this is not a realistic wish, so I've decided to post here, in the "Ben" line. Please write more and more quickly with no loss of quality!

I SO can't wait for Ben's ex to be destroyed in a court of law. I can't wait for Tina to have her baby. I can't wait for Jayden to show himself to be a good man by beating Penny's boyfriend to a pulp when said BF tries to go further than Penny wants! I can't wait to see either Catherine or Gabriella to turn up pregnant . . , OOPS!! heeheehee

Face it, Burntredstone, you've created a SERIOUSLY & CRAZILY FANTASTIC plot, and we, your readers (aside from some individuals who wouldn't know a literary plot from one in a cemetery) want you to create more.

Thank you for your work thus far.

Sak

Evil sign in screen would not accept me. This is Sak77. Best wishes and blessed be brother.

surfandturf64surfandturf64over 7 years ago

Hi I want to tell you that I found this story line yesterday and read them all just loved it hope that you continue on it very great keep it up Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love your work!

I have just binge read the Ed and Ben series and I must say Bravo! Please keep up the outstanding work (but please work quickly). I'm eagerly awaiting more fine stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
the story WAS alright, nothing great but alright

then you chose to totally destroy it by sending Ben to A useless sub / dom club.

Sorry but that was NOT Ben, he wouldnt have the heart nor the stomach for the stupidity of that way of life

How I wish this sight would give you the option to be as brutally honest as your hero,, this story after that deserves nothing more than A minus 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Great story hope you keep it going with a great finish and not leave us hanging like some on here 5's all the way so far

pearlygrlpearlygrlover 7 years ago
Agreed!

I think Sak77 said it best, so I won't try to say it again. Just FABULOUS! I will say that I found your "Ed" stories, binge read them and moved directly to Ben! Read your Twitter post and waiting patiently for part 4. I think you could go on for awhile .....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Time

It's time for another installment of Ben Sheppard, I have enjoyed all of your stories to date would like to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More Please

I cannot see Ben going to a BDSM club. He does not inflict pain on anyone on purpose. I bet it would turn his stomach to see anyone being flogged and screaming in pain. If it was a woman he would punch someone out!

I would like to be be of your readers when you get a publisher. I noticed a few things such as when Ben was on the dining table getting the shotgun pellets removed the doctor had no anesthetic or pain meds. Then later Ben asked for something for pain and was given some. A minor point is Ashley's name was spelled wrong once and another time Ben was with one person and then the wrong name was mentioned in the paragraph. No biggies, but when you hit the bigtime it will be important.I have read all my life and I have a job where reading is very important so I have a tendency to pick up on minor details. I would not change your stories, they are yours to tell. But I am not in any way connected to publishing.

I still do not like harem stories but I could not put your's down. Impatiently waiting for the next installment.

You are going to be published by a book company if you keep trying and do not give up. At least I hope that is your dream because I feel you have more stories in you that need to come out. You might as well become a billionaire as not.

Or if you already have millions, please do not stop writing as a hobby.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'm surprised at some of you not seeing Ben as a dom...

It is not a lifestyle nor interest of mine, but it has been obvious from early on Ben dominates his women.

I get thing feeling you only see domination as whips and pain. It's frequently overlooked, or unnoticed, in our society when men, or women, are psychologically abusive, and I think it is for the same reason. Doms can be gentle and loving at the same time they are dominating someone. It isn't always about pain.

I think the character Pepin even explained that, didn't she?

Besides, Ben is a complete giver personality. If one of his women is submissive, and is aroused or stimulate by soft domination, he's going to do it.

He's also discovering he likes it, as well.

What makes Red's character so appealing is his contradictory nature. He's the 'Shepard' of the Court, but internally, he is in the midst of figuring out who, and what, he is. From his internal view, he couldn't lead anyone, or anything, while everyone around him would follow him anywhere.

Unassuming would be the perfect one word description of Ben.

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
About something in the story

I read this part in the story on the bottom of page 10.

"I don't think any of us are qualified to call that right or wrong. I've always thought of faith as a deeply personal expression of love. As such you're the only one who can determine if you feel like you are being true to it. Not being accepted by a church's congregation sounds like a weakness in them. You are accepted here, completely," Ben said.

"I've always thought of faith as a deeply personal expression of love."

I have a different view. I've always thought of faith as part theological insurance scam and part system of controlling others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Flying Psychologist Service

Given Ben's emotional state following his session with Dr. Granger I am surprised no-one suggested that Rain accompanied Ben on his Oz trip.

Another 5 - but I find I am skipping the sex scenes as being too repetitive.

loragassloragassalmost 6 years ago
Shouldering a Pregnant woman?

At the point were the bump starts showing enough to notice, She shouldn't be thrown over one's shoulder. That would have to much of a chance of hurting the fetus.

Otherwise, I have enjoyed the series very much, I would recommend that you have someone check on your spelling mistakes though, or use a spell checking program.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Tough Chapter

This was unquestionably the poorest Chapter in the whole Ben Shepherd Saga to date. I didn't care for Ben getting corrupted into the moral morass of the Eon Dance Club, nor did I care to see this once champion of beautiful women fall so easily into abusing the gorgeous red-haired twins. ben deserved more than this, and somehow I thought that I did to. I just hope Ben returns to his senses before he subjects Tina and Lucy to the degradation of the Eos. No Thanx at all for this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Story is getting a bit repetitive, was really looking forward to see how the Wendy drama would unfold but not much happened in the chapter regarding that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To the 'Tough chapter' commenter

If you don't understand or cannot appreciate the nuances of the lifestyle despite the authors attempts to remind people that it is something undertaken with explicit consent and understanding requiring a good deal of trust beforehand, please refrain from making ignorant or misleading comments.

LocalMan3000LocalMan3000almost 3 years ago

Very impressed. Good story arc, still coming up with surprises. Every man wanted to be James Bond, and every man who knows Ben Shepherd will want to be like him too, with a seemingly bottomless bank account, brilliant engineering mind, impressive physique and sexual stamina, and a thoroughly nice bloke all round. Should be a book - although more eroticism and less hardcore sex details would be nice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I’m loving the opportunity to live vicariously through Ben. How I fantasize about enjoying a week-long sex fest in Costa Rico with two beautiful women, then get the opportunity to get it on with six more lovely ladies within the span of a week, and then head off to Milan and later Australia to interact with two more sexy, mature creatures.

The sex aside, I have enjoyed all of the Ben stories to date. They remind me that many of us are deeply wounded, and that with a bit of luck and a lot of hard work, some of us can heal, learn, and overcome the deacons of our past.

I’m grateful that I’m reading these stories in 2021 and don’t have to wait months for the next installments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I skipped to this. Don’t know how it turns out yet but need to say screw you. Gab and Cat are the two biggest parts of Ben and claiming they live him so much but you have Gab leaving after only a year. Cat already loves Chanel so much she would move to Paris if not for her kids. Know things were kind of open but your writing pushes how much cat loves Ben but then it’s just on the back burner. If that’s how things are then don’t write about these certain ladies being truly in love with Ben and he is so important to them. They should have been written like Cat’s daughters or the twins. They have some obsession and some love but they are not end all in love with Ben. It just makes them look like liars and use Ben to get to better place. I’m not concerned with end results. I’m speaking on how they act and how this has been set up. They were supposed to be solid for Ben but are the first to try and flake on him. Gab is after her dreams at this point so not as bad. Cat was one of the original and barley a year and she finding other love. Ben should drop her right then. Tell her we will be friends but that it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just hold you sack now just a daggown minute. Melody gets drugged and taken from dance club brought to another gagged, blinded, deafened and scared to death. All of a sudden she is ok to be a sub for this other woman. I can’t see her willingly getting tied up or anything else dealing with being in that relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I know he has hero complex but he could at least ignore Wendy’s lawyer. He said she was sick and Ben is turned on his head. “I can’t do anything against her she is sick and that might hurt her oooohhhhh blah blah blah”. Sometimes people need put in place make or female. Don’t have to strike them but he could have balls to set story straight in slightly more aggressive way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I didnt like this chapter as much as the previous ones. The introduction of Thomas and Chanel as "lovers" for Rochelle and Cat seemed a little overdone - it felt like a betrayal. That might be my own sense of betrayal which SUPER Ben would not feel I am sure. I really felt the Wendy returning subplot was not needed at all.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Darn… this is a really good series! Again thank-you so much

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story but too many people. I need a cast of characters. A little bit of redundant sex. But I'm still reading.

Mike the Irishman 🍀

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 2 years ago

I'm not a fan of the "Legal" system but you are doing a grave injustice to The Law. First off, the paparazzi (the "big fat hairy" one) that, with malice and aforethought, committed Grevious Bodily Harm and Aggravated assault on poor little PREGNANT Tina would have been reported by the treating Physicians or The Mall Security to the Police for the Crimes mentioned above. He would automatically receive a looooong stay in a State Maximum Security Correctional Facility. No ifs buts or maybes. Most Paparazzi (98%) have Criminal records for minor charges like "Criminal Trespass" Dangerous

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 2 years ago

Also so many times when people SHOULD have been sued by Ben, One of his Lady friends or Tina. Tina is very intelligent and definitely have sued The Paparazzi who committed Aggravated Assault against her - a Small PREGNANT woman.

Also so many people have Defamed Ben or one of the Ladies. It just annoys me that you would ignore Flagrant breaking of the Law like the Paparazzi that violently assaulted Tina. That has nothing to do with Ben, he wasn't even there. It is definitely a "Do not pass GO, go Directly to Jail for 10 to 15 years OR MORE (AGGRAVATED ASSAULT on a PREGNANT WOMAN)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Truths we have learned regarding sex with Ben:

* He has a dental fetish....expect to be brushing your teeth before, during, and after sex

* Ben's dick may cause drowsiness. Dont be surprised if you fall asleep immediately following sex

* Ben's dick over-sensitizes women so they can generally only handle a single orgasm with him

* Ben requires a shower after sex, but women only need a warm washcloth

* Even after getting two women pregnant, his sperm count is low enough to not require any contraceptives to be used

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really enjoy the interactions of the characters in this story series. Ben’s emotional history is pretty believable, even if his physical prowess and incredible luck in all of his fights is not.

The one character that irritates me no end is Trish. For someone who claims to love him, she’s simply far too uncaring about his need for privacy. Her actions have endangered him and others repeatedly, and Ben’s willingness to forgive her is unrealistic.

My two bobs’ worth.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

All the preparing to travel (Melan, Melbourne, and Sydney, all of it taking about a week) and saying a goodbye to each of his loves, buying lots of stuff too, and he even talked to doctor Evil, .... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Didn't sleep today coz I *had* to read this one after the cliffhanger of the last one

Totally worth

upyoursixupyoursix10 months ago

Trying to figure out where ashburn Court is is fixing me nuts and this is my second read through! It has to be of of the bigger cities of the PNW so I'm guessing Portland but maybe Seattle? Either way 5/5 every chapter every time!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Am I right, Ben marries Tina whilst still married to Wendy?

NickCaveNickCave9 months ago

Fuck. FUCK. FUCK!!!!!!

This had become one of my favorite series on LIT. Yes...It's got a little bit of Forrest Gump in it - Ben Shepherd can't go anywhere without finding himself thrown into the craziest of situations - often a matter of life or death. I'm willing to overlook so many silly things because it's entertainment. I've had a blast reading, I don't even know, how many pages by now. Has there been 100 yet? Who cares? I could go for another 100 even though the same thing is happening with different backgrounds (locations on the globe) every now and then. I mean, how many women is he going to end up with saving or falling in love with who are totally cool with everything? Still, it's be fun...So, who cares?

Unfortunately, I have had it with the Dom/Sub stuff and it's caused me to quit reading. I am bummed. What people do in their private lives is fine as long as it doesn't negatively affect mine, so if you're into that scene in real life, I'm happy for you - if you're happy. I just don't want to read stories about it. That Dom/Sub dance club was the straw that broke this camel's back.

What is the number 1 emotional trigger that sets Ben off and sends him into an uncontrollable rage/state? The abuse of women. First off, the twins are total selfish cunts. At least the author has been consistent and written them being selfish cunts from the time they became adults in the story. Who the fuck takes someone with Ben's severe mental issues to a club like that without even telling him...everything is just a big, giggly joke for them. Oh, sure...Tina and Lucy explained what went on there, but how many more times are these women who supposedly love Ben going to manipulate him? An anonymous commenter mentioned a similar thing about Trish and I agree 100%. She is so bad for Ben - it's her needs WAY before his every single time.

Ben is supposedly a brilliant mechanical engineer. Cool. That's a great character trait for this story...so, why is Ben also the dumbest person on earth? He allows these women to manipulate the fuck out of him for his big cock (like Trish and the twins) but even the other, older, more mature women are always getting something from him along with his dick. Ben is ready to explode with all of this bullshit attention he keeps receiving - he just wants to be left alone with his privacy intact. Makes sense. Yet, he goes to that dance club/hotel with the twins where he's obviously going to be recognized and obviously, someone is going to tip off the press that "'the statue guy with the big dick' is into S&M - he drags two twin sisters around by collars. He abuses women!" Why would he even take that chance? Again, I'm willing to overlook little things like that -- it's just the Dom/Sub angle that I can't take anymore.

BurntRedstone is a very good writer! It had been a fun, wild ride up until that part, for me. It's a shame I can't take it anymore (the Dom/Sub storyline).

NickCaveNickCave9 months ago

Oops! I forgot to mention. I still give the story 5 stars. I gotta make up for all of those assholes who vote 1-star "because my ex-wife was named Tina and I fuckin' hate that bitch!" - Bravo...Bravo...assholes.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Fun, lots of foreshadowing, plenty of storyline fill, and expectations are growing!! Thank you!

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith7 months ago

*** Spoiler Alert*** for those who wondered about Ben's married status, .... (I have read this several times now), ... : Yes, Ben and Wendy are still married, ... and yes, they will end up going to trail, .... there the Judge will dissolve their marriage, freeing Ben to legally remarry, ... happy now? .... I know I am, .... 5 stars, and more if I could, ... ;-) ttfn

StewarttrigStewarttrig3 months ago

Again, editing could be improved

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith3 months ago

.... Huh? I see various notes regarding the need for better editing, ... compared to most of the free stories BurntRedstone has very few problems, .... I guess it is all subjective, ... His stories are so wonderful, that many of his readers just automatically think he should be spot-on, with perfect grammar, ... oh well. I loved this installment and will inhale the next one quite soon, .... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

KARMA. For a shy and alienated guy, he sure gets laid a lot. He's a sex machine with a subconscious like kryptonite. Defender of the weak from bullies. Yet a wife demanding compensation because she made poor choices after abandoning him.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9856 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES