All Comments on 'The Tale of Frank Vandenberg'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 177 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
One of the stupidest

That was moronic. That is all that can be said. So badly written that no one but the author can tell what it was about, if he even knows

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Didn't make any sense

Author even got his own characters, Luann and Jane mixed up.

leviayersleviayersalmost 8 years ago

more like a sarcastic and somewhat subtle put down of the authors and readers who enjoy non cheaters getting justice. i see a need to realize that most stories, of any genre, are echoes of previous stories. live and let live no stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
heheh... haha... HAA,,,

Ok, so quite baiting the cucks. They don't really understand it and anyway it just isn't nice to pick on 'tards.

Should have shown why the responsible parent ditched the kids and left them with the drunk.

francis_toliverfrancis_toliveralmost 8 years ago
The problem here is that the author doesn't understand...

"I didn't mean to fall in love with him, Jane. No one ever means to fall in love; it just happens"

So much bologna. One has to work to fall in love. One has to give it the time and energy and wiliness to make it happen. It isn't like accidentally stepping in dog shit. To fall in love is to make choices. To do that while married is betrayal. Don't like your marriage? Fix it. Your partner won't work on it? Let them know that lack of progress will end the marriage. Still won't work on it? End it. Then start to look for another mate.

Besides being a fractured story with an agenda it also was mediocre story telling. I have yet to meet a group of guys that sit down and talk porn about their wives or anyone else. Lack of characterization, abrupt changes in time and space and rationalization of a cheating spouse (emotional cheating is cheating) all lead up to a mediocre experience. And when it was all said and done, mostly I wanted to go take a shower to get it off of me.

Not one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Childish

Sophomoric attempt to only cause more strife in LW by stirring up issues. SwingerJoe is becoming SharedSigne. Too bad, he was once almost respectable.

Miscategorized. Non-erotic. Reported.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
A response to Francis Toliver

I disagree with your comment about having to work at love, Francis. I rather liked a comment by Reed Richards in his story about The Cabin where he said something like 'You have to work at marriage, you have to work at a relationship, to make them succeed, but you don't work at love. You're either in love or you're not.'

Now I have to go back and read Joe's story again to see if I can understand what it is about. Joe has an agenda (don't we all) which he doesn't try to hide, but this story is a bit on the subtle side and needs a re-reading before I can make an informed comment.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
swjoe the cuck

Pls I beg you swjoe. Go back to your cuckold forum. Dont spread that worm here.

manawelamanawelaalmost 8 years ago
typo

At the end shouldn't it be Luanne going up to her ex husbands coffin?

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 8 years ago
Work that agenda

We are supposed to feel sad because Frank died alone and depressed, yet it sounds like he was coping just fine via his story group. Fiction allows us to escape from the shitty nature of real life. He became a bad husband but it doesn't absolve his spouse from falling for, and sleeping with, another man. If she wanted to do things like a reasonable person, she should have filed for divorce and then moved on.

Realistically no one wins in a divorce unless one of the spouses are extremely well off and, in most of those cases, a prenuptial is involved. In a divorce the first thing the lawyers do is check the exact financial amounts, then the divorce drags on until both parties are broke. In the USA, divorce is a racket that enriches lawyers, pays for judges re-election campaigns, and creates a lot of jobs for 'professional experts'.

Personally I think we should follow the European method. You file papers and you are done. The judge sets child support and that's it. Alimony isn't even a concept.

In any case, I digress. The story was decent and unlike signe, you are logical in your agenda. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
can't rate

still shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Please keep the incest out of LW

So it turns out in the end that daughter Jane was married to her father?

That's sick even for you, swingerjoe.

This is in the wrong category, please put it in incest where it belongs

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Terrible 1* if possible to vote

Words fail ....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
swingercuck is right!

be a cuck or a lonely old man, the choice is yours! tomorrow I'll start cleaning creampies. thanks, swingerfag!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Enjoyed it .

Color this story ' too true for school '.

SharedSigneSharedSignealmost 8 years ago
Another constructive comment

I can copy and paste from a comment I made on another story today.

His plea, "Please don't write a short cruel comment with no substance" apparently fell on deaf ears. That's because the Loving Wives category has been temporarily infected by the cruel mentality of the BtB crowd. They love cruelty and dish it out at every opportunity as if they had a literary automatic weapon spewing out filthy meaningless but hurtful comments in rapid fire bursts. They did it to him, they did it to you, they do it to all stories that contain any erotica. They want loving wives to become a second non-erotic story site and only post here because they want to highjack the greater number of readers this category had when they descended on us.

As a constructive comment, your story could stand having more eroticism in it. Like I did with the other author, I encourage you to read some of the all time hot Loving Wives stories of ten years ago to learn how to write better erotica. The best one I ever read was "Three Days of Watching My Wife Fuck." I wish I could write that hot. We both need to learn by reading examples that truly arouse. I give you four stars for a decent effort and encourage you to do what great authors do, read other authors to learn your craft.

P.S. I like you as a person and respect your writing and all the thoughtful comments you make on other people's stories, unlike the angry idiots mentioned above.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
It was not erotic and the wife

had very little to do with the story. That qualifies it for the wasteland known as non-erotic. This is an example of stories that make up a large section of LW. Why stories like this are accepted and 'True Lies' was not is a mystery. It indicates the moderators really don't care, or pay much attention, until a wheel squeaks.

Don't get me wrong. I think this story is in the right category. It's just that Laurel said she only moved the one story. The problem is that it was representative of hundreds, if not thousands of stories in LW. A level playing field would ne nice.

This story? It was well written and the symbolism was apparent. The card playing pals were the BTB fans the thrive in LW. Frank was the cliché driven story. The wheels fell off when you screwed up the names at the end. It simply got confusing at that point. You write well and pursue your agenda, but as far as I know, have not tried to deny others the right to post and/or read in this category. I appreciate that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄™ aka WHOREDSigne!

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Jane/Luanne

Well, shit. I apologize to my readers. I did screw up there at the end. You have no idea how much that irritates me. I always review my stories at least twice before I hit the submit button, but that one got past me twice. I should probably hire a team of six or seven editors to help me with these stories, but....well, you get what you pay for.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
Well written...but...

Well written...but a story about destroyed people (even the son's family were already in their own Iphone fantasy world), and This story could be in any category...I'm not a category snitch, denouncing stories and making them to change categories, like the "TRUE LIES"!!! How many stories are in LW that don't have a wife in it? sometimes not even girlfriends the women are...And they are still here!!! Spy or detective stories can't have wives in it? Really? I'm asking, like many others that "TRUE LIES" return to LW, its right place!!! Who are destroying LW, isn't the comments (comments can be easily deleted) but the people who think that are the owners od the truth!!! 2* for this story...

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Politics

This was a political story written to advance an agenda. It is an assault on those people that want retribution for the wrong done to them. I understand the futility and dangers of revenge, but if you want to help people to see that there is a better way - do not insult them. This is a typical tactic used by the PC liberals of the world. In the long run it fails. Attacking those that have suffered an injury is as unappealing as a wife and mother that leaves her family behind. Remember, opinions are like assholes, if you are not thoughtful in how you present them to the world - they stink.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sucks!

What a total waste of my time.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 8 years ago
@luedon

Love requires work, love at first sight doesn't exist. The rush of endorphins and chemicals that many confuse for love is simply a biological response to prepare the body for copulation. Love is when your wife is sick, as are you, but you make her feel comfortable and take care of her anyway. Love is when your husband loses his parent(s) and lashes out at you verbally, but you overlook your pain and seek to succor him through his.

You don't have to be attracted to someone to be in love. Your children love you, but they can grow to hate you, temporarily or long term. They can work through their feelings and grow to love you again. If you don't nurture love in a relationship, love can die and wither on the vine. Love doesn't require a thrill, it requires effort. A good example is an arranged marriage, not a practice I agree with, but in many of them the couple will testify to 'growing to love' their spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
"Three days of watching my wife fuck"

That is representative of SharedSigne. Does anything more need to be said?

As an author on this site I decided to pull all my stories, all scoring over four stars in protest of the unfairness and the bitterness that exists on this site. Any suggestions on another site, more suitable for good erotica?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Waste of time!

There's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
POS

WTF was this story all about, were you drunk when you wrote this? This story was all over the place. Do us all a favor and put a warning at the beginning of any more stories you might write in the future, such as " you are about to read a piece of shit, don't waste your time".

Lex1Lex1almost 8 years ago
I liked it, but I thought it was in bad taste

I did find it strange that you included veiled references to other authors that you have criticized in the past. That could be viewed as an asshole move. At this point, I think you may like the asshole label. Or in the very least, don't mind it much.

I think I would have liked it better without the blatant attacks on other authors. If it were more tongue in cheek, or you at least gave some sort of reference indicating that it was all in good fun, it would have sat better with me. In my opinion, attacking commenters who are vile and stupid is one thing. Going after a fellow author should be kind of taboo. Especially ones who have not attacked you.

As one who embraces the asshole label, I still show respect when it is given. Disrespect is only warranted when it is shown, whether towards you or another person. These two authors haven't disrespected you unless you have gone after them.

You are a hell of a writer Swinger joe. You create scenes and situations by painting a picture with mere words. I literally saw everything that you wrote. But I think you shouldn't use your stories to attack other authors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Your trying to tell us frank never saw his wife cheating he made the whole thing up to save face.

Interesting story .i see from most of the comments they did not get it. If true why did the wife give up on her children. .?? Frank turned into something else after his father died?

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
A few comments on the comments

To Lex1: This isn't the first time I've used the names of other authors in a story, and probably won't be the last. I do so for the same reason I write these stories in the first place: it amuses me. I chose those three in particular for a specific reason, which I'd be happy to share privately. This is a free porn story site, yet it seems that some of us take it too seriously. Lighten up.

In fact, "lighten up" is pretty much the entire theme and purpose of this story. If you go thorough life as an angry old man who feeds that anger on a daily basis by reliving the worst moment of your life over and over again, creating a dummy made from old clothing and beating it over and over again (as I nearly inserted into this story), then you're allowing that event to define your entire life. Maybe your ex-wife really was an evil, stone-cold bitch. But by allowing her to define the rest of your life, you're giving her more power than she deserves.

To Crkcppr, you confuse disdain with jealousy. I disdain those who waste their talents, even if that talent is writing stories for free on the Internet. Those other authors I mentioned are all talented writers, but waste that talent by churning out cookie-cutter tales to appease their audience. It really is a shame.

To Francis Tolliver, falling in love IS easy. I fell in love with my wife on our first date. STAYING in love can be very difficult -- which is why half of all marriages fail. People change over time, and that is how they can grow apart. I read that the number one cause of divorce for women is failed expectations. In this story, Luanne (a shout-out to you, Lue, by the way) had great expectations for her husband when they married, but he changed over time and failed to meet those expectations as a man.

I write because I enjoy the craft of writing and find it relaxing. I share what I write for the comments. So thank you all for that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not so good

That one was not so good. 2 stars at best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Would have given a 5*

Most LW readers are going to hate this--and you know why. Because it's a more realistic portrait of the type of reader here than most. The mirror it holds up reflects ugliness and life wasted.

You were pretty brave to try this.

You seem to be changing. My recollection is that you started off as an apostle for the swinging lifestyle but at some point you began to be less enamored of it. And then you started doing some cheating stories with BTB endings.

But now, you've connected with the existential sadness of life and failed marriages, failed families, failed careers.

You've come a long way.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 8 years ago
@swingerjoe

It is a bit hypocritical to say you disdain other writers for posting a certain type of story, when you post stories for the same reason. As you said, you write because you enjoy it and for relaxation. Why show them disdain if they create their stories to make themselves feel happy?

As it has been said before, there are only so many permutations to a genre. Every story here is going to be similar to previous ones, with only minor details or twists to differentiate between them. Even cuckold and hot wife stories are going to be following a certain outline.

There was a bit of humor in your jabs, so I don't think you actually disdain them that much anyway.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 8 years ago
Don't People Proofread Their Work Anymore?

At the end of the story you switched the names of the wife and daughter. It took me a few minutes to figure it out and it didn't change my opinion that it was a very mediocre 3*. The premise was interesting, but the implementation was only fair. Doesn't encourage me to read any other stories you wrote.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Would have given it 4*

Not bad writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I could not force myself to read beyond page one

"truck's breaks and peaked around" Really?

Convoluted and has no real continuity. One ☆.

gara5289gara5289almost 8 years ago

A good idea but not your best writing IMO.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

A cheating whore must have written this.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
If you have to explain a joke...

...it means it probably isn't a good joke. Same goes for story-telling. It seems a lot of readers missed what happened in this story, so I have to explain -- which means it wasn't a very good story. That's okay. They can't all be Pulitzer material. (Oh, and thanks for the annonies who pointed out the various spelling errors and name changes. When you get around to posting a tale of your own, I'm sure your editing will be flawless.)

Here's the story, gang. Frank Vandenberg is an old man living in a nursing home. He suffers from dimentia, caused by decades of depression and alcoholism. He relives the same event over and over again, and in his mind what he sees and hears is real. He invents different scenarios to discover his wife cheating and exacting his revenge, but they all have that common theme.

Thirty years earlier, he and his wife divorced. The marriage had been dying for years, as Frank became a bitter, angry, and abusive man after his father died and his business collapsed. His wife, Luanne, tried to work things out, and stayed for the sake of the kids, but eventually decided separation was best for all of them. She fell in love with a co-worker, but did not act on her feelings until after the divorce.

The kids weren't central to the story, so I didn't feel it was necessary to include details on what happened to them. Since there seems to be confusion there as well, here goes: Jane was always daddy's little girl, and blamed her mother for splitting up the family. She believed her father's version of events and believed his accusations that she was cheating on him. He believes that's why she left, and therefore so does Jane. Marty always followed in Jane's footsteps so he stayed with his father as well, against his mother's wishes. Coming of age at the end of his parent's marriage, he was in a better position to understand why his mother did what she did, and therefore didn't resent her as Jane did.

Hope that clears it up. If Lit ever starts compensating me for writing these stories, I'll gladly hire a team of editors to look things over before I submit. Until then, it seems like overkill, doesn't it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
very depressing and ugly story.

Sorry but I am not into pain and bullshit.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
THERE ARE ALWAYS MORE SIDES TO A STORY

than there are readers and listeners. TK U MLJ LV NV

WittonWittonalmost 8 years ago
At last! A completely original plot in Loving Wives!

It seems that most of the people who wrote comments didn't read the story closely enough to understand it. This one was pretty straightforward so long as one didn't insist on a Procrustean standard that it fit one's very arbitrary framework (i.e., the protagonist burned the bitch or was a limp wristed cuckold)

This was a five star effort

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The transitions were too abrupt.

Even with the indicators showing a chance in scene they needed a little more lead-in.

I still enjoyed it and would have given it 4 stars if you had turned the voting on.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 8 years ago
FIVE STARS!

Good story as usual. No need to explain it to this reader, I followed the time jumps and didn't let the one name mix-up bother me. I would wonder about some of the commenters, if I didn't realize where they were coming from. Sad...just sad, but maybe someday they can forgive themselves and move on with their lives.

DardooDardooalmost 8 years ago
Proofreader

Good story, but grammar sometimes leaves me cold. "I heard the trucks brakes(not breaks) and peeked inside(not peaked). I still believe we will not let the internet destroy our language.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks, Dardoo

...for repeating an observation that several others have made already. I see you have exactly zero stories submitted to this site, and can only assume you must have published your flawlessly-edited stories on some other form of media. Please let me know where I can find them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
interesting.

autobiographical?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The kids?

"Coming of age at the end of his parent's marriage, he was in a better position to understand why his mother did what she did, and therefore didn't resent her as Jane did."

Did you even read your own story? Jane was the older one. Marty was nine years old. How was that a better position to understand? The mother left both her kids. I doubt the abandoned nine-year-old would be particularly understanding.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
big pile of shit

your story lacks creativity...not at all original

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hell no annony autobiographical of your entire life with your wife

5 just to piss you off.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Re. The kids?

Anon, Marty came of age (meaning he became an adult) after the divorce, and therefore spent more of his formative years after his father had become a hate-filled and depressed mess. Jane was 15 at the time. She knew her father in both good times and bad, and preferred to see only the good.

Got it?

GforGrahamGforGrahamalmost 8 years ago
confusing

Still not sure who was who. Was he married to Luanne or Jane? Was Marty his son or grandson? Were Jane and Marty siblings or mother/son? Had he and Jane been in an incestuous father/daughter relationship?

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
OK, now I have read it again

And now I understand it. A story worthy of RLManne.

Like others, I was somewhat tangled with the unfortunate name error at the end, but the rest was good.

Decidedly entertaining.

Lue

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 8 years ago
I did read this twice...

Didn't read any better the second time. None of the characters except possibly the son were likable in this story.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
A response to Mordbrand's comment on love

We might have to agree to differ, Mordbrand. Love is a complex thing and I doubt that anybody can define it in a way everybody will agree on.

As I said earlier, I did like ReedRichards' excellent Romance story 'The Cabin' in which he said something like "you have to work at marriage, you have to work at a relationship, to make them successful. You don't have to work at love. You are either in love or you're not."

He was referring to romantic love which is different of course to the love a parent has for a child or other forms of love. The emotional commitment in romantic love is often explored in LW stories and if commitment is destroyed, at what point has it been destroyed and what should be the outcome.

Another theme in LW stories occurs where the marriage is threatened by insufficient work being done on the relationship, but at least one partner believes that the emotional commitment is still there. These stories elicit the best comments.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What the fuck did I just read

I only wish I could rate this shit a zero.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What can I say?

Zero stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The words are in English. There are nouns, verbs, and direct objects of the verbs . . .

The words are in the English language. The words often form sentences. There may even be a paragraph. None of them follow in any coherent sequence, however.

Take a line from 25 or so different 20th century writers and string them up one after another. Then publish it here as a "story"! That is how disjointed an excuse for a tale this is.

I can understand why the author has turned off scoring for LW, but this story should be rated -5 stars not for any puerile leanings ( i.e., is it BYB, or RAAC) one way or another, but for lack of any ordered thought! It's a collection of disjointed words and sentences, nothing more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
pissed anyone off lately? :-)

I thought the start of the story was fun, full of the BTB tropes but not so over the top that it was ridiculous .. keeping on the good side of parody. I thought it was going to end that way, a 'light' comment on the BTB fans drooling over the details of revenge while they play cards and drink their beer.

Then came the twist, no longer mere parody but a commentary.

Too bad about the small errors here and there. It gave them a place to hide - criticize the trivia to avoid the main message.

I often wonder about what makes the BTB crowd tick. The stories (it seems to me) are about dysfunctional males but that core issue is never addressed. Since I don't get off on revenge myself, all that's left for me is to try to understand the psychology of the protagonists and, as I said, it's rarely or never discussed.

To your credit that you brought up the matter, even if only in the guise of parody.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@ Pissed anyone off lately

Well I can understand why you would ask that.

It seems that is the only thing that seems to matter to Swingerjoe anymore . And he has succeeded brilliantly .

Between disguising himself in a different name , and then this , he will call it parody , I'll call it desperation , it seems that is the only cartridge left in an empty chamber.

If he needs the likes of Sharedsigne to pat him on the back and tell him what a big courageous author he is, well then , loving wives history will judge him accordingly .

Just a washed up , bitter writer who couldn't compete with the upper echelon authors in this category .

In ten years time , Swingerjoe and Sharedsigne will simply be acne scars on the Ass of this category .

The successful Author's will be remembered , and their offerings celebrated .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1 star

Enough said.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1almost 8 years ago
Well done for trying something different

but were you in a bit of a hurry? I read this once and thought I could see what you were trying to do. Portray one story at the start, then give a counterpoint that made the reader realise they were backing the wrong horse (ala Roald Dahl). The problem is that the start was a narration by Vandy (Haha) so we assume it is correct and he did hear his wife having sex. She denies it years later. So we have to judge between two opposing accounts, a narrative and a statement years later. I think any sane conclusion would be that the former is true and the wife is either lying or delusional 30 years later. That takes the point of the story away in my opinion.

I then read your explanation above, re-read the story and just couldn't see it. I don't use an editor but usually have someone proof read it to look for switched names (a bitch to spot when self editing) and logic errors like above.

As for the snipes at myself and Randy, well as an Australian, I'm used to fighting my opponents face to face as you and I have done before both privately and publically. When someone takes a shot from the bushes, in a story that I may never read, well, how is that different to talking about someone behind their backs. I can't help thinking that person is a bit of a coward. Sorry, that's just how I was brought up.

Proudly Vandy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
"No one ever means to fall in love; it just happens."

Total and complete bullshit. If there is no reason for love, then there is no value nor explanation for love. "Why do you love me?" becomes a stupid question. "It just happened." If love can just happen, then so can the end of love. "It just stopped happening." Ridiculous. The plea that love just happens sounds like someone shirking responsibility for their choices and actions. Perhaps what "just happens" is infatuation, or lust, or a shallow sentiment of fondness that has no real basis or substance, it just happens. Laughable.

In this story nothing just happened. And it was so confusing that I'm not sure what was supposed to be happening. I'm sure the author had a point, and a plot, but it was told in so circuitous a manner that I really would be guessing what the real story is. Of course, how much logic and reasoning can come from a person who believes Love just happens. Makes as much sense as the person who claims they hate certain races or certain people, without justification or explanation. If love can be justified as just happening, then so can hate. And how can we blame someone for just loving, or just hating? That is a philosophy from a fool's world. Or a child's.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Damn

Nobody gets it. First it's real and then it's imaginary. First she's a cheating cunt then he's an imagining idiot. It's all fucking fiction. And lately with the exception of a very few it's all been bullshit. Why doesn't everyone stick to what they like and leave everyone else alone.

HukilauHukilaualmost 8 years ago
WTF

I thought it was a different and intriguing story. Other than the wife/daughter named switch at the very end, it was well written. I do not understand why using the name 'Anonymous' gives people the right to be such assholes. It was a 2 page story, not "War and Peace". Sounds like some personal vendettas being act out. Get a life and read something else or at least have the guts to use your own name, Anonymous.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
A few more comments on the comments

To all, I've resubmitted this story and corrected the homonym typos at the beginning and the unfortunate name change at the end. Again, a thousand apologies to all who were offended and/or confused by these errors.

To Vandy, you can be very perceptive sometimes. Yes, I did rush through the writing of this story. For various reasons, I only had access to my laptop for about six hours last week, but I had this idea itching at the back of my brain, and wanted to get it out there. That doesn't excuse the typos, but if it felt rushed to you, that's because it was.

Re. the character names I used, as I already mentioned, I've done this before. (See "No Room in the Basement.") I like using character names that have some meaning to me and/or the readers. It wasn't an "attack" on you, Vandy, to use Frank Vandenberg as the main character's name. Consider it a compliment. I had this "Twilight Zone" storyline in my head, about a guy who tells the same story over and over again, and yours was the first name that popped into my head!

Seriously, this is such a dark and depressing story to me that I felt it needed a few moments of humor. By using those names, I thought a few readers might get a chuckle out of it.

Re. your confusion over what actually happened in this story: did Luanne actually cheat or was it all part of Frank's descent into jealousy and depression? That is left to the reader to decide. There are two sides to every story, and you can believe whichever side you find more credible. However, as the author of this story, I actually know the truth, because I made it up: Luanne never had sex with Joe while she was still married to Frank. What she said to Jane was the truth.

Finally, re. the word "coward", if I were to spend my valuable time writing a respectful and constructive critique on another author's story, and that author deleted my comment either because I failed to praise him/her sufficiently enough, or simply because he/she didn't like me, personally, I would consider that to be cowardly. I can think of only three authors here who consistently do just that. The only comments I ever delete are the "Bonnie/Vastie" back-and-forths. All others are welcome to criticize me as much as they'd like.

To betrayed and the other members of the "WTF Club", see my earlier comment, where I summarized this story in easy-to-consume bites. Honestly, I didn't think it would be that difficult to follow along with this plot. It seems obvious to me! But then again, I wrote it, so I'm a little biased.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The worst written crap in ages.

The reason no one gets it is because it a poorly written piece of crap. # 1

kimi1990kimi1990almost 8 years ago
Well, I get it.

This story is a poorly executed hit piece against Vandemonium, blackrandl1958 and mainefiddleheads. If this moron was a decent writer people would get it. "Vandy" is pretty obvious. "Randy" is obvious, too. There has been a sex change, but there is obviously a slam at Randi's editing team, who happen to be the best on the site. "Randy" is black and has a seven person team who helps him "paint by the numbers." Maybe if swingerjoe had an editing team, he wouldn't have made all the mistakes that are in this piece of crap hit piece.

How about it, Luedon? You support author's taking cheap shots at other authors? An attempt at being clever that wasn't clever. Just stupid.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Hey, Kimi

When you start paying me to write for you, I'll hire that seven-person editing team. Mm-kay? Until then, you're welcome for providing you with free entertainment.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Completely Stupid

As you yourself say, if you have to explain a story it can't be very well-written.

Also the wife using the trite "I just fell in love" excuse. You DON'T "just fall in love", you have to put yourself in a position to fall in love, the lunches, the dinners, the nights out, the intimate conversations. If you don't do that you CAN'T "just fall in love"!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Loving Wives

Someone recently made the comment that Loving Wives has become a toxic cesspool (or something like that.) Never has that been more evident than here. Imagine passing by a street musician and stopping in front of him to scream at him about how much he sucks, how he missed a couple of notes, yada yada. Can you imagine anyone doing such a thing? If you saw someone doing that, you would assume that person screaming at the musician must be a raving lunatic!

Yet this section of this particular website is filled with raving lunatics, screaming at people for providing them with free entertainment! Just read the comments here and count the number of comments that have anything to do with this story. This story is about an angry, bitter old man who spends his entire life living with that anger until it eventually kills him. Has there been a single comment about the tragedy of this man's wasted life and his inability to move on?

No. All of the comments are about the wife's possible infidelity. Or about her statement that no one chooses to fall in love. Or the names of the characters in the story. Or the author. Or typos and errors in the text.

Not one comment about the entire theme and purpose of this story. This truly has become a toxic cesspool of anger.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
To sbrooks

Thanks for the kind words. I'm curious what you believe Luanne should have done in her situation. She was in a loveless marriage with an angry, depressed, abusive drunk. She tried to work it out with him, tried to stay married for the sake of the kids. She met a man at work who would actually listen to her and seemed to care for her and fell in love. (Yes, it happens. People really do fall in love with other people, and it doesn't take "work" or candle light dinners. If it's never happened to you, I pity you.)

So, what should she have done? Stay married for the sake of the kids? Have an affair on the side? Ditch the good man she loved for the belligerent man she didn't?

It's interesting to me how many stories I've read, which readers like you praise, where the wife is an angry, abusive bitch, and the husband falls in love with someone else and leaves his wife for her. You seem perfectly okay with that when the roles are reversed.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Re: "the only comments I delete are the "Bonnie / Vastie back and forths"

Well , that's obviously not a true statement !

My comment earlier on this was deleted , as have been most of my comments on stories posted by this author .

If you don't believe me, then simply go back through the comments and see if any comment of mine remains , and then go to Swingerjoe comment entitled "Comments on some comments " where you'll see his answer to my comment ! You know , the one that's not there anymore .

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Crkcppr

I haven't deleted any of your comments, my friend. Lit has been having some major glitches with their comments section for quite a while now. Just keep hitting the refresh button, and you'll find all of your comments.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Crkcppr follow-up

It bothered me that you thought I deleted your comment, so I went looking for it. I hit refresh several times, but couldn't find it. I clicked "view all comments" and couldn't find it. I used my author tool to moderate all comments, and it was nowhere to be found.

So then I checked my "recent updates." And there it was:

"New Comment Comment was removed by administration."

I assure you I had nothing to do with that, and I have no idea why the admins removed your comment. I saw nothing wrong with it. This site is broken beyond repair. Hopefully the complete revamp they're rolling out (allegedly) will solve all of these issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
To the Anonymous:Loving Wives commenter

Yes. You are right. And your street performer example is apt.

I would go further. The ranting is in proportion to the quality and reality. The more realistic the story, the more they hate it.

Why?

Because they see themselves in the mirror.

This story, about a bitter old man who wasted his life constantly retelling a story of his wife's infidelity, which wasn't even true, is the story of their lives--and they hate it.

He became a loser.

Eventually, she left him.

Only AFTER she left did she find love with another man.

Why did she leave?

Because her husband became one of the whiny, white trash losers that spend their lives ranting on LW.

No woman is obliged to spend her life with a piece of shit--EVER!

Leaving a scum-sucking sleaze bag like the ranters is not cheating, it's just good sense. Hooray for the wives that get the hell out.

As for the worthless husbands that blame everyone but themselves, fuck them. Let them die like the guy in this story, alone, unloved. Not betrayed though. The betrayal was his. When a man fails to take up his responsibility as a husband and his wife walks out, she has not betrayed him. He has betrayed her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sucked sucked sucked

Hey cucky , yeah you Joe cucky wimpy writer . Nut up if you are not eating a nut from some fling your old lady jumped on . Stop writing you suck !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
re: anonymous-to the anonymous commenters.......

You aren't angry are you? Seek help fellow if the comments bother you so much. Anger issues are bad for your health. Better yet, stop reading on this site. You'll feel better in the morning. Nothing ever surprises me anymore on this site. It takes all kinds.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Falling In Love

You twist my words. Of COURSE people fall in love! But they DON'T "just fall in love" like tripping on a curb!

I didn't say you have to "work" for it, just that you have to put yourself in a position or positions for it to happen, and presumably happy people (NOT just wives!) don't put themselves in those positions.

In the stories you mention, the abused husband doesn't simply meet someone, fall in love with her and leave his wife for her. In those stories, the wife has either thrown away or driven away her husband, so any "leaving" has already happened before even meeting someone else, let alone falling in love with her! And as for the "falling in love" part, it is actually similar to my description of the wife's "falling in love"! The cheated on husband meets someone, maybe the wife of his wife's lover, maybe someone he works with, maybe just someone he bumps into. They meet up, share stories, get to know each other and eventually fall in love.

As for Luanne, your story was such a mess that it was unclear just what was going on, but of course she shouldn't stay in an abusive relationship! And even in your own example she met a man, but didn't "just fall in love", they had conversations, where he "listened" to her, THEN she fell in love.

In any case, if a relationship has run its course, you LEAVE it before entering into an intimate relationship with another person.

foolscapfoolscapalmost 8 years ago
"In any case, if a relationship has run its course, you LEAVE it before entering into an intimate relationship with another person."

To do anything else is reprehensible. Thank you for the insight.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The whole point is being missed

This is not a story at all. Swingerjoe never intended it to be a story. This is the expression of his jealousy and anger that he is not respected. He thinks that by writing this he is getting some measure of revenge against authors that are better than him. He is foaming at the mouth because authors he hates are more successful, better writers and loved by their fans, so he writes shit like this to cope with his jealousy. He has to tear down other writers so that he won't look quite so pathetic. He just looks ridiculous. The court jester of literotica, prancing around in his bells, no one taking him seriously, begging for attention. Look at me!! Love me!!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
true but only half

re:

foolscap 07/03/16

"In any case, if a relationship has run its course, you LEAVE it before entering into an intimate relationship with another person."

To do anything else is reprehensible. Thank you for the insight.

-----------------------

The screwed up thing is that people will walk out of a job before looking for a new one more often than leaving a partner before looking for another.

Who do you owe honesty to more?

A person that you at least once loved and presumably they love you

or an employer, who all too often neither respect or care about you?

foolscapfoolscapalmost 8 years ago
I wouldn't know the whole point

didn't read it. The comments are very revealing and instructive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Why bother read a story i cant vote on. Interesting comments though

chytownchytownalmost 8 years ago
LMAO

Funny story ha! ha!

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
To sbrooks (again)

So, if you're stuck in a bad marriage, you shouldn't talk to anyone about it because you might risk falling in love with that person?

It's odd that such a mess of a story has generated so much commentary and riled up so much emotion. It's almost as if I struck a chord somehow. Maybe hit the nail on the head a little too firmly?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@swingerjoe

Once again, you twist my words!

I am NOT saying a wife in a troubled relationship shouldn't talk to anyone (though a potential replacement is probably not the best choice!). Probably a FEMALE friend or a counselor would be better!

I AM saying that you don't "just fall in love", which is what these wives always claim.

She didn't "just fall in love" with her husband, they went on dates, walked hand-in-hand in the moonlight, tenderly kissed, maybe made out a bit, and after some period of time, some shorter, some longer, realized that they were in love with each other.

And to address an earlier comment, please spare me your pity, I HAVE fallen in love, with my wife, with whom I just celebrated out 42nd Anniversary! After all these years I honestly don't remember when we realized that we were in love, but I DO know that we dated for two years, and DIDN'T "just fall in love"!

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Sbrooks

Okay. Is it possible -- possible -- for a woman to confide in a co-worker and discover, after some time, that she has fallen in love with him? Has something like this never happened? I fell in love with my wife on our first date! We can bicker over the meaning of the word "love", but that was hardly the point of this story.

In fact, I find it fascinating that so many readers have focused on Luanne in this story. They're looking for ways to blame her for the failure of her marriage -- just like Frank! This was supposed to be a cautionary tale about allowing your anger and perceived betrayal to define who you are. Instead, readers are doing everything they can to twist this story's narrative so that they can hold onto that anger for as long as possible!

Not one comment has focused on the tragic main character of this story. I find that incredibly revealing!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@swingerjoe Re: First Date

I will accept that you fell in love on your first date, but you actually make my point!

You went on a DATE! If you were a presumably happily married man, would you have been on that date? I surely hope not, because "happily" married people don't date others!

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Re. First date

Okay, fair enough. My point is that two people can fall in love without going on a date or intentionally pursuing a romantic relationship. Luanne in this story was in a troubled marriage she described as "already over" by the time she met Joe. She would have left Frank whether she had met Joe or not. As she describes in the story, it "wasn't a factor."

Again, it's interesting to see that ALL of the focus from the readers has been on Luanne, and blaming her for the failure of the marriage, just as Frank did. It's almost as if Loving Wives readers are a bunch of Franks!

(Not you, sbrooks. You seem like a happy guy who loves his wife. Congrats on your long and healthy marriage. Now, to do some yardwork.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ummm

That sucked. It had chuckle moments but mostly it was a ham handed agenda piece.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Blah

Here's a problem in your story. If Frank changed, like Luann says, why'd she leave her kids there?

Because she's a liar. Jane has pegged. The is no excuse for the unfaithful, for the oath breakers. They deserve no tolerance nor respect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You're better than this

I'm not trying to insult you or your abilities, because I do enjoy some of your other work, but I just didn't like the story or the message behind it. The story was too contrived. It was obviously written to send a message, but the only message I got is that you lack empathy and you're petty. All the stories on this site have an audience, the BTB crowd, the romance crowd, reconciliation, etc., they all have their place. You shouldn't mock an author because he writes to the BTB crowd, just like you shouldn't mock a cuckold writer.

My favorite author on this site is Just Plain Bob, not because his stories are particularly well written, but because he writes for himself and his own entertainment and doesn't care what the trolls say. That comes across in his stories. They're entertaining, funny, and outrageously unrealistic and he doesn't care. Right now you're missing that. Stop feeding the trolls, you're giving them too much credit and attention.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
after reading the comments I have to say

I agree with anonymous

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
"The Message"

Once again, the message of this story is that if you allow someone else to define who you are as a person, and live your life in bitter anger as a result, you will die an angry, bitter, lonely old man. That's the entire message of this story, folks. Sorry if that message offends you.

This is a cautionary tale not unlike many of my other cautionary tales. Perhaps I allowed my attempts to lighten the mood of this dark and depressing tale to overwhelm the underlying message. Ah, well. Like I said, they all can't be Pulitzer material. And you get what you pay for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
"The Message"

Nah, I'm pretty sure the message is that swingerjoe is an ass that likes to take cheap shots at other authors. Authors that he isn't good enough to carry their thesaurus. Yep, that's it. Jealousy and envy, that he isn't in their league. We get the message.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Okay, Frank

Whatever you say, I believe it. Now go take your pills.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not remotely believable

You describe symptoms of dementia and memory loss but they don't fit together and are inconsistent, much like the characters stories not adding up as another comment mentions about Luann.

Your grammar is decent but your story idea isn't very well constructed, your characters are inconsistent and unbelievable, and it appears you want to push a morality story, and from the comments, obviously didn't communicate it well.

Better luck next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
104 comments

It appears the feedback on this story is being used as a "forum". Is this a new trend in LW? Seems like SharedSigne last submission was used likewise.

I can't comment on this story since I don't read this authors stories, but like always the comments are being hit right out of the park. Strike, you're out!

phil2213phil2213almost 8 years ago
What was this???

I got lost and I couldn't rate it anyway since that option was removed probably for good reason. I understand what this author might have been attempting to accomplish but it fell apart. I think the story from the wife's point of view would've been more successful.Thank you for your effort.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
1326 Followers
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...