All Comments on 'Rachel's Rapture Ch. 02'

by paula_ardmore

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterover 7 years ago
Well Done & Very Thoughtful

Your premise has drawn me in to the point of believability.

Anticipating MORE

Hanz

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

Agree, very logically written and believable so far. I do think she should have obtained a few firearms, but given her background and religious teachings I guess that would not have been logical. However, she did have a flare gun and had in mind it could be used defensively, so.....?

Diesel will last longer than gasoline by quite a bit, so they should obtain some of those vehicles. I am a bit surprised she has not figured that out already. Also most farms will have tanks of diesel for the farm equipment, so easier to get as you do not have to pump it out of underground tanks. On the other hand a large city like Kansas City probably has a tank farm and a half a million gallons of diesel will go a long ways. Electric vehicles are fine for short distances, but where are you going to recharge them away from home?

Which leads to one minor problem in the story and that is solar panels need inverters to convert DC to AC. The inverters need transmission system power to function, otherwise they shut down. This is a safety factor to protect line repair crews as they don't want electricity coming from an end user when they think the line is dead. You can in theory operate them by use of generators, but there is the gasoline thing again. Now windmills would produce AC current as long as the wind is blowing and your story line is vague on just how the towns people went "green"..

paula_ardmorepaula_ardmoreover 7 years agoAuthor
Google the town.

It is a real place. The Rapture maybe not so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More!!

You need, absolutely need, to write more!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Come on!

Please right more chapters! This is golden stuff!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous