All Comments on 'Memoir of a Lame Girl'

by msgimply

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
From an actual article or not, this is a keeper

You can find love almost anywhere as long as you remain open to it.

wynter_lacewynter_lacealmost 20 years ago
Seeing with your heart

It was really great to "watch" this young woman blossom into all that she could be. Gives hope to us all that there is someone special out there, someone who can see past the outside coverings and discover the beauty that is beneath. This story reminds us that sometimes to see real beauty we have to look with our heart and not our eyes.

BlackShanglanBlackShanglanover 19 years ago
Beautiful mix of fairy tale and reminiscence

I loved this story. It has a sweet, rich texture to it with a great voice for the speaking character and a deep, pleasurable message about the real nature of eroticism. I don't know which character I liked better; they compliment each other beautifully, and I love the image of them together. What a wonderful job you've done of capturing love as well as sensuality. The framing fiction is a delicate and delightful touch.

A minor quibble ... I didn't care for the deus ex machina feel of the initial sexual contact. But on the whole it was made up for in the excellent execution of the rest.

watching69watching69over 19 years ago
wonderful story. touched my heart

I really enjoyed the story and writing style. We need more poeople who care about others, and don't just look at the surface appearance of people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
The best!

The best story of them all!

Auden JamesAuden Jamesalmost 14 years ago
Definitely not from 1937.

I don't know what all this faking about truthfulness of written pieces here on Lit is all about. Do the respective authors really believe, their pieces would gain greater authenticity if they put up front the statement that everything told was true? Or go even futher like msgimply and claim that you received a letter and, though doubting the piece's authenticity, you'll let the reader decide? So, I've decided: bummer.

Anyway the letter we have here is all but true. The language used is way too contemporary and the depicted scenery is not for no reason not a bit time referenced. Everything told could've happened just yesterday, May 2010. Though what is depicted is quite readable, it is surrogative, too, in gratifying the reader's longing for a better world. Moreover for a piece of Erotica rather noticable parts of actual erotic content are to be missed here. Plausibility and Originality also are not of main interest to the author.

Thus all in all it is not a bad story but still worlds away from being really good Erotica, and not just a faked surrogate.

-AJ

FluteMasterFluteMasterabout 12 years ago
A delighful vignette

I so enjoyed this story, just for the gentleness of it, and the optimism tinge with bittersweet sadness.

Charming and inspirational,

Thankyou.

R

CaribbeanwomanCaribbeanwomanabout 11 years ago
romantic and stirring

I quite enjoyed your story, real or not. You have a beautiful writing style that grabbed and kept my attention throughout. I see many lame or disfigured persons, especially after our 'modern' wars, and although you may not look like the rest of us, your passion and sexuality are still there. I hope that you will all allow yourselves to live and enjoy life, and loving, and good fucking, like the two in this story.

BestreadingBestreadingabout 8 years ago
Very good storytelling!

Liked the period approach and overall presentation. Continuing writing, and I will for one, continue reading

Thanks

kalodinkalodinabout 6 years ago
A Remarkable Tale

So well told in literate, allusive and oh so sensual words and sentences. Well done!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 4 years ago
Taken at face value

I'm not here to pick apart the story, I found it a great love story with warmth and feeling. True or not, it is a love story that deserves five stars. Old or new, the lesson is the same, like they say, "don't judge a book by it's cover" or a person by their abilities or disabilities. Well done!

Paul4playPaul4playalmost 3 years ago

Lovely romantic sensual story. Well told and arousing! Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous