All Comments on 'S7: Jihad'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 359 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Hard work and ambition was evident, but this came off inauthentic

Maybe I've read too many Jack Reacher novels, military bios along with my time in service . I've been wrong before , God knows . This read too clean in terms of cesspool of betrayals and decades, centuries of Middle Eastern religious sect and clan feuds that are fostered and held.

The weaponry section of the story excelled, qhml1 has clearly done his homework there . Hey I thought the ' Transformers 'movie franchise would be a one and done cinematic exercise like 'Starship Troopers'. There is a huge market to see latest toys the Masters of War wield and the human aspect of story is distant second consideration. qhml1 's characters were just as authentic as Shia and Megan Fox.

So maybe this can be a paying proposition for the author. God knows qhml1 has paid his dues writing excellent loving civilian wives and husband stories gratis. Maybe inserting military spin will be more fiscally rewarding. You never know ....or at least I don't. Well ... one thing that's absolute is that I doubt this author will have this lead character take a knee when anthem is played . Call it a hunch.

This story might not be my preferred flavor , but it came from the heart and I respect that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Brother Love?

Help us out Q

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

i think a good story will hit a reader at an emotional level.

and you certainly did here. a fitting end for the S7. another great story as far as i am concerned. thank you for posting it.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
You can liked or not, you can approve it or not, but...

You can liked or not, you can approve it or not, but you have to recognize that even being a little too long this is a very good story, knowing its fiction and knowing millions of people, all over the world, would love that this was really true. So thank you for it...4*

Xzy89cXzy89cover 7 years ago
Lord, allah, Buddha this was silly

Hope ths is done with. The whole fortress in dessert was silly. The drones were absurd.

gara5289gara5289over 7 years ago

It definitely got silly by the end but it was still really well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Really loved this story would love to see this as a movie

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 7 years ago
This story has it all.

I will miss S7 and their adventures. Thanks for a great series with such deep and evolved characters.

gldngolfergldngolferover 7 years ago
good ending

Fitting end to the original story and your subsequent stories.

Well done and Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sorry...

But I don't really get this craze for unrealistic fantasy spook stories masquerading as erotica. The problem isn't that it's not a reasonable tale or well written but rather that it's out of context with the category.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Just Peeked At the Beginning

I hate when sequels don't begin where the prior story ended.

I assume we'll be told what happened in between, but some of that tension is stolen now because we more or less know how it turns out!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Further Thought

I know these are long involved stories, but three months between stories is too long. Going to have to look back at least at the end of the prior story to get caught up!

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Good story

I'm not at all a fan of super spy/military/law enforcement fiction. My heroes don't need to be that heroic. Just ordinary men and women suit me just fine. It took some effort for me to read this, which is not the mark of good fiction, but once I got into it, it had some poignancy to it. Four stars worth, for me.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 7 years ago
My Gosh!

What a story! As a retired tanker who's Marine, USARNG, and Airborne sons have served, and in one case is still serving, in those AO's and have walked the halls of palaces-thanks!

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 7 years ago
Spectacular

After the sadness of the previous chapter I had thought I may not continue the series, but I'm glad I did. I found myself teary eyed over the losses of the S7, particularly Sherry and Fatima, buy appreciated that those characters believed in something beyond themselves that they felt worthy of dying for. Maddy's character delighted me and I was glad she got a good, long second life.

Q, you are a genius and I thank you for sharing your talent and imagination.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Goodbye Pete

...and may you rest in peace.

It really is too bad that this story was not ripped form the pages of recent history, the world could use a few more good men like Professor Jacob Peter Trammel.

As for the casual critics, unless you read the S7 series from the beginning, you will not know that this started out more or less as a "standard LW story". The protagonist, Pete, was just such a good and well developed character that he took on a life of his own, and this was the ending of his story. He created the S7 along the way, and then that too took on a life of its own. Both are laid to rest here, a tale told to completion, and I, for one an thankful to Qhml1 for his talent, skill, an determination to see this story through to its end. I feel richer for his efforts, and in the end, isn't that what every writer wants their readers to feel? 5* for this - and the series as a whole.

...and if you casual critics haven't yet taken the hint, you really do need to read the whole story. It will be worth your while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Superb!

RhomanovRhomanovover 7 years ago
*****

Seriously one of the best series I have read here. And a lot of other places.

Consolidate it, expand it, publish it. I'd buy it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Suberb read. Better than Tom Clancy and the Jack Ryan series

Ditto on what Rhomanov said.

Seriously one of the best series I have read here. And a lot of other places.

Consolidate it, expand it, publish it. I'd buy it

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
SO GOOD

This adventure has been so good it really needs to be expanded and published. Who knows what might happen after that.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
What BigGuy said - Q you are indeed a genius and thank you

What a series - poignant, bittersweet, sad, moving, and yet triumphant. Q, thank you for sharing your gift. Your writing just gets better and better.

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years ago
My only problem with this story

Is that I can't and never will be able to write this well! Great story. Sorry, got to end there as I seem to have something in my eye, and it's watering !

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Super

This story is ranks with one of the very best in this whole LW section, maybe the entire Literotica library (although I don't read the rest very much). You have a fantastic imagination relating to recent events, even if it does cover a lot of violence. I loved the small but important part of his receiving a note from the Pope, a very interesting touch. Much of the politics of these events seem right on and includes some prodding that should be taken in real life with those currently involved.

My minor criticism is to use "who" instead of "that' when referring to a person (or persons).

Sorry I can't score this any higher than 5. Keep up the great work.

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Perhaps...

...one of the best stories I have ever read on these pages and ranks with the best among fiction works I have read in my 60 plus years. Thank you so very much for your sharing this with us.

The Fuddpucker

666iceman666icemanover 7 years ago
The BEST

The only thing missing is for this to be made into a film to show how great the story is qhml 1 you are one of the very best writers on this site and afar. Each post left a tear in my eye. You brought back memories that I had packed away from long ago and made me more happy than sad, something my loving wife loves you for. Bringing her husband and lover back to how I used to be, for that I am eternally greatful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So when is the movie coming out?

This could be a block buster movie or mini-series

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Extreamly Well Done

I great story by a great writer. This is a masterpiece!

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 7 years ago
WOW!

What a story. For some reason, the title went over my head and it wasn't until the second page I realized that this is a continuation of your previous epic. What a story! This is one of those tales where one stops, and thinks, how do you top this?

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 7 years ago
Excellent.

One note: modern micro loans are a product of Nobel laureate Mohammad Yunus, not Africa. He began them on Bangladesh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story

You are one extremely talented story teller.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Truly fine read.

The only is that looks like fantasy. The idea about pulling all the external influences out of the MidEast is fascinating but assassination always leads to more assassins!

But it truly is a fairly detailed tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Can't help but love such a sweeping and galant story...

...but I can wish there were more like it.

This one has played out to a fine ending, so unless you plan to have Josef invent something life-altering for all the poor and needy of the world, it's probably best to let this one carry on as is.

Thank you. Yes, some will revile and other decry, while most of us overlook any small issues and bask in the enjoyment of a grand story, well told.

Thank you....again, and again.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Didnt want to read it, as it was so far removed from

S7-Holy War, and didnt want to have to read that again. But I did wade into it, and three hours later I am crying softly.

Not much work got done today.

Made me review where I am in life, who I have left in my circle, and what I will do with my remaining time on this earth.

Also was astounded at the similarities to Adrian Leverkuhn's deft touch in evoking emotion and reflection on the human condition, both personally and globally. Well done, bloody well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I didn't read the first s7

But I still thoroughly enjoyed it. You are a master of your craft sir and can easily illicit emotions in me that I hide away from my closest friends and relatives. I'll be going to read the first story now amazing job!!!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
One Man's Opinion

I thought it was extraordinarily good. Many thanks.

AhazuraAhazuraover 7 years ago
I Love your work

I am a fan of your writing Q and this story is another reason why. Well done and thank you so much for sharing!

-Ahaz

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Absolutely loved it!

The whole series is one of my all time favorites, and I truly loved your ending. The story was quite fascinating!

Max604Max604over 7 years ago
Just amazing!!!!!

Jihad was just an amazing story. I had a lump in my throat reading about his funeral!

Please keep writing. You have a wonderful gift for story telling!!!!!!

Thanks for letting us read them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Exceptional series with adventurism, geopolitics and LW genres and ultimate revenge

qhml1, a tour de force and great series. Sorry it's over, but a very enjoyable read.

Thank you very much and please keep writing at Kit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

This was a wonderful series that ran the whole gamet of emotions as well as story lines. I hope to read more of your very talented work soon. Thanks

C_frommnC_frommnover 7 years ago
Great Story

Loved the Story. and F_ck the Hater's they will alway's be there.

leviayersleviayersover 7 years ago

worthy a 10* thank you for sharing with us

Levi

Animefan2929Animefan2929over 7 years ago
10 stars

Loved it. Finished it properly. Fav'd it also.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 7 years ago
WOW

The best read I have had the pleasure to enjoy. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. You keep writing and I will keep reading them. Outstanding!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 7 years ago
now this is why your in my favs

one of the top 5 stories here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You're allowing anonymous comments? Don't you have any pride?

Of course not, you don't need pride, you have talent, and gumption. And truly want to know what everyone thinks, not just the self anointed commenters' clique, who of course are also anonymous. Thanks for having balls, and an open mind.

I think your story was too grand for the time and space available to tell it. The detailed acted out scenes were exciting or erotic or philosophical. But too many scenes and events were just reported, not really played out. Like the ambush where Jake lost a third of his men. You just reported what happened, rather than providing the blow by blow detail of the battle. So those parts seemed rushed, or perfunctory, like you needed us to know they happened, but you didn't have the time or inclination to describe the events as they happened. Of course to write every detail of every event would have made this a huge novel, maybe a series of novels, which I imagine would have taken many months, maybe years (C.S. Lewis Space Trilogy was published over a span of 8 years). So I realize I am asking a lot. But I think the plot and character development would easily support a much larger and grander work, maybe along the lines of Lawrence of Arabia?

So while there is much to criticize, there is more to praise. A very engaging and compelling story. Sure, many aspects were over the top, with all the good-guy women being beautiful and smart and strong, and all the good-guy men being brave and deadly and honorable. So sometimes it became a bit cartoonish in terms of the characters' perfections and talents. And a bit preachy about vengeance and compassion and retribution and forgiveness. It seemed like there was always justification for whatever punishment or reward he was doling out at the moment. He deigned to fuck Jo's brains out at every opportunity, but couldn't find the charity to forgive her for wanting to keep him alive. The magnanimity he showed his enemy's youngest son, who would have killed him if he had the chance, was in stark contrast to the unending rebuke and contempt Jake heaped upon his father, and to some extent, Jo. It seemed out of balance, and unjust.

But overall it was a good story, a saga, and I thank you for your time and talent. Stay well.

mallahmallahover 7 years ago
Great...

Thanks so much for this series. Ended on a right note. All threads pretty much summed up nicely here, except one. Am I the only one who wanted the ''friend'' who betrayed Fatima to get their just desserts? Still though, even without that bit of revenge a 5 star effort...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
great story

I almost missed the end. Found it by chance and was not disappointed.

looking4itlooking4itover 7 years ago

I started reading this and wondered if this was the story that never ended. I hope that now being dead the story is done. You almost turned Pete into some super hero. A 2,000 year old league of assassins that can infiltrate any place? Ever read DC comics or watch Arrow? But, it was a fictional tale and I enjoyed riding it out to the end.

jezzazjezzazover 7 years ago
Well I loved it.

Not how I imagined my characters to evolve, but qhml1 has done a bang up job of writing hell of an adventure story.

My hat is off to you sir. Well done indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I wish

Very entertaining. Only wish some sort of action against ISIS would follow the strategy presented in your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved The story.

A great story, thank You. I am a retired RAF fighter pilot. and loved it. i kept flashing

back to Lawrence of Arabia, one of my Favorite movies. please write more .

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 7 years ago
Thanks for the story...

... As many of my favorite writers seemed to have drifted away from this site or just probably don't write as much anymore, it was so nice to see one of these favorites end a saga with such flourish and compassion. Peace be with you, brother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Q you did J proud

Q you did J very proud, hated to see your trilogy end. If the story was only true the world would be just a lil different in a better direction. Your trilogy went so very deep that few might see or understand the depths. I for one is very impressed - Q you have a gift I wish I could touch. KRD

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
i read this story from the begining..

its started very very good , but slowly and surely its started spiraling out of control and each spiral coming on top of the other one, and forming a turd. when you take a normal person and throw it i the midle of war, they will shit theyr pants on, no mater how tough they think they are. after the first s7 incursion , i said ok its a story, a midle aged teacher ho never cut himself excepting papercuts, transforming in terminator and kiling left and right. ok its passible. but you started and tried to outmatch ,micharl bay by the end of this story. in my opinion you failed. its excruciating to read this. otherwise you write great stories, this is a michael bay turdformer

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5* Plus

Best story I have read here in a long while. I am retired Military and loved it

MCPO Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WAY off

This sort of spiraled downward, not up to your usual talent. I gave it a "3" for average, which is more than it deserves.

After awhile, it began to drone and become words filling pages, hard to hold attention. But keep trying, you do write some good stuff from time to time.

HadleyVBaxendaleHadleyVBaxendaleover 7 years ago
A riveting tale

told by a master storyteller. Easily one of the best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding

A terrific series with wonderful characters and a gripping story. One of the best ever on this site. Thank you for sharing your time and talent. I look forward to your next effort.

katranmankatranmanover 7 years ago
Superb Story

***** Well written all the way through. Thanks!

FirstwithUFirstwithUover 7 years ago
When is the movie coming out

5+* this could be the new Indian Jones. I would be surprised if you don't shop it to the studios. It would make a great movie. Thank you for the whole series. You and jazz should collaborate more. Between you both this could be a best seller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Tony the Tiger said it best...GREAT!

Guess that dates me. I agree with the comment about Indiana Jones. Probably could earn you more as a Cable Series.

Definitely intriguing read and kept me going for a few days

Thanks.

Tom in Savannah, GA

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Literotica Needs a New Category

Literotica needs to add a new category, "War Stories." As a war story this is a good one. Only problem, it was in the wrong category. This is why I gave a low rating. Two stars to be exact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Tears...

...at the end for a true warrior, both for truth and wrongs committed.

Q - simply one of your best!

Thanks for sharing - for free!

C

coffeekid63coffeekid63over 7 years ago
Enjoyed the whole series

Enjoyed the whole series. It was well written and thought out nicely done Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Worth the Read.

This series, it started with Jezzaz, is a fantastic read. Very entertaining. Thanks to both authors for sharing their stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Superb. A master storyteller. 5*++

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great read!

Page turner. Couldn't stop until end. Thank you for sharing your talent.

ron10077ron10077over 7 years ago
unforgetable

i cried when end arrived. it is the only story that i have read that made do this.

thank you very much.

gordo12gordo12over 7 years ago
Wow

One of the best series on Lit ever. 5*

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Oh, my . . .

. . . oh, my a thousand times. Amazing, amazing set of stories. I'm speechless. To find such literary masterpieces is so rare. 1,000 * to you, my favorite writer. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

maninconnmaninconnover 7 years ago
Wow!

Thanks!

Nuff said. Sniff sniff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I made a mistake...

I read this without realising it was the 3rd (or rather 4th) part of a series of linked stories. It led me to a lot of confusion expecting things to be explained ( they are but not in this story).

Despite this, it is one of the best stories I have read here. Well worth 5 stars.

shareher4funshareher4funover 7 years ago
Pretty good, too much cliche

Quite an enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing it. I felt the cliches were too common and the perfect outcome was always realized, with too many cherries on top. Sometimes less is more.

But I enjoyed it, please don't mistake my overall meaning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Brilliant

Profound, complex, informative, emotional, engrossing......Thank you for the story and please continue sharing your art with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Looks like you found the secret

Write about war heroes and get the big score, right? Throw in a spy or two and some sappy death scenes and you've got it.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 7 years ago
Bloody Good Read

Not much more can be said, bloody good read !

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
MORE STARS

Five stars just aren't enough. Went back and read all four parts, one and two for the fourth and third times respectively. (When you're old, recall is not that good.) The absomdamlutely best ever story on this site. Thank you for all the pleasure your stories have brought this old man! Mover

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Great Read*****

I feel like I have just been on a great adventure!!!!! Thanks for a great read.

sdc97230sdc97230over 7 years ago
Kickass action fantasy, even if it does jump an entire school of sharks

But if you can sit through a Bruce Willis movie without counting all the instances where the hero violates the laws of physics as well as those of multiple countries, this tale shouldn't be a problem for you.

Thank you for concluding it before S7 took on the Klingons and the Daleks. :)

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Nice

Great tale. Time to work on the screenplay.

RTnTNRTnTNover 7 years ago
Brilliant tale

An exceptionally clever narrative that is imaginatively recounted by Lit's most talented author. 5 stars just doesn't seem enough. Well done, thank you Sir.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 7 years ago
major

I have read these stories a number of tines & pick up something new each time . a wife that tried to shape him shame on her . it never works know that from an ex wife she was looking for someone like her daddy. all he ever done was work. me I loved hunting & fishing . grew up doing those things . biggest problem her mother was a yankee .

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Your opus , q

Simply mesmerizing .

Very heady stuff , indeed.

Thank you very much for sharing.

5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
OMG!

Dude, seriously you need to try to find an agent, your work just keeps getting better & better. This series is your best work yet! Simepop087

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 7 years ago
Brilliant

Brilliant. Five out of five. I loved the scope and scale of this story. I loved the way he and Jo managed to maintain some kind of friendship while still moving on. Loved the dialogue with the children. The action scenes were slightly over the top, but very readable. The only flaw is that it is over. Also thanks to Jezzaz for letting you play in his sandbox. I noticed in the comments he liked it as well which is pretty classy. Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fine story, well written...

Thoroughly enjoyed your tale, looking forward to many more in the future. Please keep writing. 5 stars. Thanks!

teedeedubteedeedubover 7 years ago
truly

outstanding series. if only.......

thanks for sharing.

Xzy89cXzy89cover 7 years ago
Just awful

Whole series was absurd.

tompo296tompo296over 7 years ago
Fabulous

Just Bloody Brilliant !

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 7 years ago
Still thinking about this story

I'm still thinking about this story. It was that good. Two questions I wonder; did the CIA guy that blew their cover ever get what he deserved?

And Josh's dagger that Trammel had the assassins deliver to the main bad guy - did Trammel ever get that back? It was set up at the end of your Chapter 2

If you and Jezzaz ever consider expanding this into a novel or revising it in some way, you might consider a chapter on each of those issues. Put an expanded version on Amazon and I would pay to download it.

Steve

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 7 years ago
only

4.80, deserves a higher score

davwoodavwooover 7 years ago
Deserves to be published

A very enjoyable contemporary story. I have you down as one of my favourite authors

priv8iiipriv8iiiover 7 years ago
Brilliant!

Please keep up the writing. You are one of my favorite authors on here... And yes, this deserves to be published!

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Terrific story!

Epic. A great read. I think you deserve more but 5* will have to do. I wish I could write a story even a 100th as good as your story. Very well done in fact and indeed. Thank you!

JMH1961JMH1961over 7 years ago
Eat More Oxi....LOL

Keep writing, I love your stories, You're the best. Wishing you and your family the best at Christmas time.

JMH1961

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Values

The end of a truly inspirational piece of writing. Frankly it deserved a better place than among erotic literature. The seperate stories were really chapters in a novel and should have been available to a wider public.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Read!!

Have now read all the stories, and thoroughly enjoyed everyone of them!!

Would be nice to see maybe some sort of full length book, based on the characters of Jake & Maddie, after they had retired, and settled down with each other, and their extended family.

2ndchnc

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
KUDOS!

Absolutely loved the series; terrific read and looking forward to more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8967 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories