All Comments on 'The Friendly Bar'

by Halin24

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

In the first page - a schoolboy howler: "I can borrow her money for a cab and a motel room"

LEND her money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Howler no. 2

"In the end I borrowed Lynn the money and she left with Latte in a cab."

LENT her the money.

If you do not know the difference between borrowing and lending, you will be broke before you know it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
of love and romance.

glorious. What a story to warm the heart. Thank you for such a wonderful story. makes me want to go to the pub. but I will go home to the wife and kid instead.

thanks for a great read

jld

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding story

Great story. Great plot, developed slowly and completely. I enjoyed it immensely. It warmed my heart to read. Loved it, one of the best ever.

Alaska84Alaska84over 7 years ago
Loved it

Thank you for sharing your story with us!

fixer43fixer43over 7 years ago
Borrowed - Lent

If you check, English is not the author's first language. A few mistakes here and there, but overall a better written story than some others I have read.

And while you may howl, to 'borrow someone' something is just as acceptable as lend in many parts.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 7 years ago
Ho Hum

I can't imagine a seven page story with less happening. Not an ounce of suspense or excitement. It just plods along to its predictable end. Not even worth a prolonged analysis. 3* for a reasonable effort.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Nice story, ls a true romace!

I like the story, is really romantic and is just corresponding to this section. The romance doesn't need explicit sex, but need feelings, love, a little drama, and all that are in this story.

Great story for me.

Good Job

acupacupabout 5 years ago
A wonderful story

I recently came across your works, and look forward to reading more.

PS. If you want to eliminate a lot of the troll comments, turn off anonymous comments. I did it a while back and kick myself for not doing it earlier.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent Story.

Acup is a dickhead. Don’t take his advice about cutting anonymous comments. Most anonymous give good comments. I think that authors get more critical negative comments from the “named” commenters who are also really just as anonymous as the non named ones. These named commenters give no information about themselves in their bio’s. They hide behind their fake names,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful! Really love the entire story, characters were great and just the right amount of drama. Look forward to reading more of your stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHalin24@Halin24
84 Followers
So, despite being two years late to my last prediction, i have finally submitted another story! Yeah, I know that I'm not reliable, not in any way, but i do try. With any luck there might be a few more available this decade, or the next...