All Comments on '"Myra's Little Book Shop"'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 178 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a pretentious little rant

Who decides stories follow or don't follow the "traditional loving wives formula?" Does the fact that you say it doesn't, mean an thing? It doesn't. I'll decide that for myself, thank you.

Don't tell me what to do. If you write a boring story, I'm going to skim it.

I'll decide for myself if I think your story is a RAAC or not. That's not up to you.

If your characters are real to you, you should make an appointment to see the doctor.

I never made it past the rant. No score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Fucking cuckold garbage. Between this and the last one you are trying to be in the running for cuck shit of the year, huh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nobody seems to like it so far

But I did. I particularly liked the conflict of emotions towards the first wife Zoey. I`ve seen a few people who `can`t live with her, can`t live without her`, and the portrayal in the story I thought was realistic. PW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent!

Thank you, Carvohi. I enjoyed the read, and did like how you portrayed your characters. I liked your main character, his attentiveness to his children, his inclusiveness of his past life and his sense of responsibility. Considering his circumstances, Zoe's contrition and cooperativeness, his love for her, he made the right decision in remarrying her. I think you made Zoe a little too submissive, and that skewed reality in a small way.

I also enjoyed your subplots and the "other" stories you used to advance the main plot. Your knowledge of classical history was enjoyed, and admired by myself, as you paralleled it to the happenings in your story.

Good stuff, Carvohi

Charley Brown.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The most terrible story i ever have read!!! MINUS 5*!!!

Idiotic, cheap and only laughable!! How brain sick has that author to be to write such a crap?!

0zed0zedover 7 years ago
Not As Bad As The Last One

You write of wimps and non-men who marry sluts.

You write and write and write, just to hear yourself write. You might have fun writing this cuck crap, you're just not that much fun to read. I find it difficult to not skim through the tedious "cutsy" verbiage. In fact if it wasn't for the generally dismal offerings in this category, I would read your verbal masturbations even less.

Your "wimp RAAC" warning was totaly inadequate, it even hinted that this would be something different and worth reading. Silly me I took a chance and gave it a try, and once again was disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Yawn fest, sorry gave up on page 4, overly long and boring.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Skilled author indulges in maddening circular , cerebral hopscotching post adultery revelation . Story needed a hero and humor

The guy was an emotional sociopath of sorts. He flips the switch from loving husband/parent and scuttles off like hermit crab in search after of next shell/ abode of convenience after perfunctory, requisite revenge . The story zigged and zagged but the narrator didn't have enough charisma for me to appreciate the scenic route.

Somehow I suspect carvohi doesn't like the narrator anymore then I did .but felt challenged to chronicle his convoluted machinations . This read like a parody of Loving Wife format that was meant to be a riff. This author has skills and work ethic which impelled me to finish the story. The reveal of Myra's deception and chronic wanderlust was savvy move. But overall the story needed a transcendent character to shine amongst the rampant shabbiness.

I appreciate carovhi 's effort. This story cost me nothing but time. The author is modifying his formula and I think he's bright enough to adjust ( if he wants). xleglover and Matt Moreau had marked skills as well , but at end seemed trapped in both their individual and characters' dysfunctions. I hold a bit more optimism that carvohi will evade that form of literary standstill .

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
Manic stream of consciousness rambling (contemplation)

I loved it. It really crawls into the head of temporary insanity.

Sorry, my knowledge of the classics is such that I had to do some quick google searches. Iphegenia and Patroclus etal. But hey, it's like reading Joyce. Edifying but humbling. Please don't "dumb down" your writing for the intellectually lazy critics.

Interesting dynamic - who's in control. Who's the puppeteer and who's the puppet. As always, great characters - flawed with warts and pimples is how I like 'em.

Quite a piece - Thank you. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A Good Read

It isn't easy writing. All you complainers out there should try to write sometime. Obviously anons don't write but even complainers who are registered don't have anything to show.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
not good

Why is he mad at Brandon ? He should be mad on his first wife

He didint tell the profesrs wife about his Affair. No matter what people should know about their spouses affair. No one deserves to be cheated and lied.

Also he didint expose profesors Affair. In some way he helped him with moving to another town,new job,new start.

Two stars from me.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 7 years ago
Not the worst story from this author

In fact, I enjoyed some of it; but the "hero", the narrator of this little drama was off his rocker. Maybe he's bi polar? I don't know.

All I know is that I was entertained for the 20 mins it took to read and for that, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well done

Good story well told.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 7 years ago
Well

I enjoyed it. I don't have to be totally in tune with the main character for that. You could say, after Oscar Wilde, that to have one cheating wife looks like bad luck but to have two looks like carelessness, but I found the emotional ramifications of the story teller between the two quite interesting. The author scores for good writing anyhow.

I can't relate to this institutionalised revenge through the management/administration whatever it happens to be that crops up in these stories. I just cannot imagine from my own experience telling the senior management in my own office or anyone else's that such-and-such had been screwing someone they weren't supposed to, whoever it might be. Maybe that's the difference between UK and USA, I don't know. Or maybe that's because I always worked in impersonal large establishments.

There is an unconscious bottom line to the story teller's behaviour: that somehow whatever the behaviour of the woman she is always somehow entitled to play the dependency card. He actually had to disengage himself from having to play support role to the two women simultaneously. This obviously took a big stretch from him -- to the annoyance of the BTB crowd! (I'm sometimes in that crowd, sometimes not).

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The author

Is bipolar

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Loved it but I'm not clear on a couple of things . It sounds as though his first wife was emotionally cheating and was going to sleep with Branden but he came in before they were even undressed. That cheating is enough for me but she wasn't fucking him yet, I think. Also no confirmation on Myra fucking anyone else as the lover said or was he lying? No cheating story should end without all hell breaking loose in some fashion. He got him to have to up root his family and job elsewhere and helped the book store which he half owned get 5 years of business . After the xmas dinner he should of sent the videos to the wife and the new job just to be a real cocksucker. The dick deserved that at the very least after knowing how they planned to meet with their spouses after they fucked the first time in red lobster. That was just a scumbag power trip to humiliate the hubby in front of the wife he just fucked. If it were me in that position I would have ruined everyone him the school that other dick who got involved the guys wife and any new job he might get down the road . Not to mention he never would have gotten out of the book store that day on his own two feet . A bat or hard object across his knees and some face injuries . He could always say he thought his wife was being raped,

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5

annony is just an old ugly fat fag!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not good

Your writing style reminds me of Matt Moreau, on steroids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This man was too good to be true...

This man was too good to be true...He was a soft heart...I'm not talking about his first wife...She payed the piper for two years...Only one question remains about her: How did managed two years without him to give her the medicines she needed to take? Did she suddenly got cured? I'm talking about the second wife, and her lover...He was so light with them...However a good story, well written and a good read...3*

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
just some guy enabling betrayal

the writing is terrific and engaging. very nice first personal narrative. the "i'm in charge" at the end is totally unbelievable. other than the kids, who really are screwed, there isn't a likable character in the bunch. but that seems to be the norm for this author.

Great talent, sad world and life view.

In the next installment we'll learn how Curt rolls over and takes it in the ass, yet again and again and again and it's all his fault.

3*

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Wow...I've seldomo diskliked a protagonist so much.

He was so pretentiously full of himself, yet never saw it.

His pretentiousness is what led him into these situations to begin with.

He was full enough of himself and "his world" to leave his first wife defenseless against an encroaching lethario. He was still so full of himself that he never asked the due diligence questions surrounding his second wife BEFORE they got married. He was so full of himself that he had to "get even" with the second wife's encroaching lethario. He was even so full of himself that when he went back to his first wife, he had to be sure she knew it was only on HIS terms. He's such a self-absorbed jerk that I pretty much pity everybody around, exposed to, and especially dependent upon HIM for they will only count in life in so much as he finds worth in their presence.

This dude needs to be seriously bitch-slapped into sometime next week!

Perhaps then he can actually grow into a decent human being - and for that his parents bear substantial blame too. perhaps the first wife will get the chance to help him grow again now. That may be an interesting story. This one? ...not so much. Still though, 4* for the quality effort from a very good writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pretty bad

This was a train wreck of garbled, half-finished, barely lucid thoughts and half-sentences. I think the writer must have thought it was cutting-edge, avant-garde writing. It wasn't, it was just faux. Thoughts, plucked at random from the brains of the delusional aren't entertaining. Bad writing, worse characters.

InsigniaInsigniaover 7 years ago
He got cucked

So he should make sure everyone suffers. Seems this is the concern mentioned most often. If he had no future I might agree but this guy seems to still aspire to something. If only as a successful writer of children's stories so be it. Curt is not some wonder ninja who tied up everything in a nice package with the interloper's balls for a bow. It was messy, stupid, cowardly, self - serving and financially convenient. There is no book on adulting and his lessons come from a books with heroes, gods and hubris. He works with what he has. He seems to have indemnified himself rather well. Great story. Great character in the Willie Loman sense. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another Carvohi Classic

Carvohi, thanks for another interesting tale. Far too many LW stories fit neatly into the BTB,RAAC,Cuck templates and they are boring, Sure a nice BTB gets 4+, but this story is far more interesting as it plays out and not typically predictable.

I always like that you take your time and develop the characters as well.

Zoey was the one time slip and Myra was the calculating mercenary when it came to affairs. So Curtis ultimately goes back to his first love and family. Curtis is not the strongest character, but he muddles through like in real life. Again, not a model character but one who get what he wants.

Thanks again.

javmor79javmor79over 7 years ago
The writing was excellent

I really felt what the guy felt. I felt his anger, his feeling of helplessness, his depression, all of it. That is what being a writer is about; translating what is in the writer's mind into descriptive words that makes the audience experience what he/she saw. The visceral emotions in this story popped off of the page.

I don't have to be in agreement with the people in the story to enjoy it. Everybody has their thing that they look for when they read. Me, I come to Lit every once in a while in search for things like this. To be taken on a journey that I find impossible to turn away from. Even as I cringe at the protagonist's decisions, I can't turn away. I truly enjoy this writer's style of word imagery.

Thank you for that.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
Not much makes sense in this sorry saga

Normally the main character is someone the reader can root for or at least hope that all turns out well for him/her. The main character starts off as a wimp and doesn't improve. Zoey was the most likeable character but even she was a flawed character. Myra turns out to be a college slut who lied about the circumstances of her first marriage and continued to be a cheating slut in her second marriage to our main character and after is all said and done he helps her with her business.

At the end of the story he's working on improving himself to possibly face his first wife's lover. What's he going to do, sissy slap him with a feather boa?

This is one of those stories that I keep reading in hopes of seeing the main character grow a set of gonads. Didn't happen. What a waste of time.

carvohicarvohiover 7 years agoAuthor
I'm really all at odds...

There are some readers who seem determined to try to find a way to allocate a '1' or try to piss me off. I guess they just can't get over me.

By now everyone ought to realize my messages change from story to story. When you open something like this up you should be reading for enjoyment, discovery, but some of you just don't get it. I try to write something that's different. You want a BTB why would you come to something I write?

Come on I understand; some people are just filled with anger and hate. If you want anger and hate, why would you open something I'd write.

Strange, people think they know me by what they read. Someone said I was bipolar. Believe me I know what it means to be bipolar; I married someone with that affliction. It's not something one takes lightly. Manic-depressive behavior can have tragically serious consequences. Love and affection can turn to fiery anger at the snap of a finger. And some of you think infidelity is tough? You don't know.

No one, not one reader so far mentioned Zoey's two miscarriages, her pain. What kind of prick was Curtis that he turned from her in her time of need? All you can do is call Curtis a cuckold? Are you four years old? No, Curtis is no wimp/cuckold he's a man, a man who maybe finally caught on that he has responsibilities.

What I guess if she got run over by a truck he should have dumped her for not looking both ways. No I get it; a real man would've put a bullet in head and put her out of her misery.

I've placed most of what I've written in the LW category because I enjoy the legitimate comments I usually get. So I'll change. You want me in the future look in the Romance category. Maybe then the shiftless hateful ones will miss me. I sure hope so.

Jedd Clampett

And for Harry in Virginia. You're still a hater after all these years? You said you're happily remarried. Maybe you need to move on. Grow up. Like remember, life's not always fair.

Jedd Clampett

ArsVampyreArsVampyreover 7 years ago
Doesn't work for me

The characters come off as, frankly, insane. Of all of them, Myra seems the most sane and that's simply because she's so one-dimensional.

Zoey is dangerously obsessed.

And Curtis is just insanely controlling.

Yes, I know there are people like this, but I just can't get into the story. I keep being pushed out of it because of the odd reactions and absurd results.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Loved it

Don't think the characters had the depth that I have seen in your other offerings, but I still thought it was an intriguing storyline. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I hate Curtis.

What a jerk. His wife had a miscarriage. Something like that leaves a woman with no choice but to cheat on her husband. He should have been more understanding and slurped up those cream pies with a smile, like a real man, dadblame-it!

Jethro Bodine

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 7 years ago
Well written, but I didn't like it

It just read like a linear narrative. Emotion, yes; but no emotional conflict. Unlike Javmor, I couldn't relate to anguish Curtis felt. Zoey was right there, waiting and ready.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Confused

As far as I can see the main character is an idiot. What kind of deal was it about his wife's bookstore that still left him supporting the store?

His revenge on the headmaster would have been proportional if he already knew she was a serial cheater but otherwise I can't see it being very satisfying.

I'm ok with he forgave the first wife. But two years then starting to work out to get ready for a physical confrontation when he still really doesn't know how involved she was in the decision to cheat and after just chasing the second guy out if town seems unbalanced.

ken

Yes that's my first name but I worry about some idiot doing an Ashley Madison if I'm logged in to Lit.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 7 years ago
Very good

I read it as a story of people who were not quite in touch with reality. None of them seemed to be able to judge the characters of those people around them. All were deceived by others or even by themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I really don't know whether I liked it or not.

But I'm still thinking about it, so I must admit that suggests that it was really good. You're a good writer, and I enjoy most of your stories despite the fact that they're often overly long. About page five I thought that this one was also. Then you saved it. No Force Recon, no Seals, just a guy, not a typical guy, but a guy with typical woman and responsibility problems.

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESover 7 years ago
A Great Story

I loved the realistic and mature portrayal of a man who loved his first cheating wife, and was betrayed by his second wife as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Damn, I'm only on page two

and already I'm bored out of my skull. I don't know if I can make it trough another 5 pages. So far the characters don't enthrall me.

RedPillRedPillover 7 years ago
Enjoyable Despite Curtis' Odd Reactions

I found it interesting and enjoyable, despite the length. As usual, Carvohi gives a lot of background and exploration of the main characters. With some authors, that can be tedious, but Carvohi does it well, and makes it interesting.

I did find a couple of things to be odd. After we finally learn all about Myra, she seems to be a real sociopath. She's a cold blooded cheater and user, but makes believe she's in the same situation as Curtis, gets him to fall for her, then cheats on him. Even if he didn't want some drastic revenge on her, I can't see helping her after it all comes out. I'd want to avoid her like a rattlesnake.

As for Zoey's cheating, Curtis keeps struggling between wondering if it was mostly not her fault, due to hormones, drugs, whatever one the one hand, and calling her a cheating whore on the other. It's common for us guys to focus on the physical betrayal, but I have to think he is partly reacting to his knowledge and suspicion of what led up to it. She was basically almost dating the guy. He came over when Curtis and the kids were out of the way, showed her his art work, massaged her, comforted her, etc. This, a guy she used to date. Curtis should have called her out a lot more on that, not just the one time things got physical, possibly with mitigating circumstances.

That said, after years of post-divorce celibacy and demonstration of love for him on her part, despite his remarriage, one can believe that she is unlikely to repeat her mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I felt this was a story with a lot of characters that were "characters", mostly unwise...

...often conniving, but the lead was awfully naive....and pretty defensive.

What gave it entertainment value for me, was the mental cal esthetics he would engage in every time he was dealing with his first ex, then, later, his soon to be second ex. I think you got it, that a lot of outraged men are also impotent in the frustrated way of someone that has been done wrong and can't really act by his instincts. Risk of jail-time rates high on the preventative list for angry, violent responses and those that carry that around.

At the end of the story, it was still a little unclear as to why his parents and Zoey's dad "hated" him. If he'd simply been clear about what he saw, he might have gotten better support and perhaps even some help dealing with the lotharios. And I agree with the commenter that felt the second marriage never should have happened. After his first experience, it would have made far more sense to have Myra investigated and a pre-up presented as part of any path forward together. As the one major investor in Myra's little bookstore enterprise, he should have had airtight paperwork putting him in the driver's seat.....should anything go wrong. She simply admitted she was a calculating slut that fucked the schoolmaster to get a leg-up in the scholastic book sales arena. That would have been grounds to take over the shop, hire competent management and bust her to part time clerk.

Anyway, rant over....and it's just my opinions and prejudices at play here, I enjoyed the read for the quirkiness of it. I come here to entertained....and you sir, rarely disappoint.

Thank you.

Dave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I wish I were a woman, . . .

so I could marry and then fuck over this whining pathetic twerp like his first three wives did. All the Greek mythology was a total waste. And his simpering distracted ambivalence made me sympathize with Myra, and confirm that Zoey really is mentally ill. In the end I couldn't care less what happened to this dumb shit husband. If her couldn't discern Zoey's naivete and Myra being a social climbing whore, then he deserved what he got.

But its obvious you put a lot of work into this. I wish I could like it, almost. Wasn't sure if this should be in LW or Humor or BDSM; with the reader being the one getting whipped.

InescuInescuover 7 years ago
Unlikable

The narrator was simply unlikable. Self involved, pretentious, and blind to both the needs of others around him and his responsibilities. That being said, he picked some asshats for wives.

The first wife is weak willed and self involved. Raised the only child of doting parents, she's used to being catered to. Then she has a miscarriage and the husband goes into high gear focusing on his career. She ended up having both an emotional and a physical affair. The old boyfriend had been hanging around for weeks/months at their house when she's alone and she never casually mentioned that to her husband? Why should he believe that was the only time they were physically intimate? She's already been lying about him for weeks (by omission). That being said, the husband had more or less emotionally abandoned her so she was getting what affection she could from a different source. It's not an excuse for her behavior. She should have brought this up with the husband and had it out before involving others, but it does make her actions slightly more understandable.

I don't see how the husband can be blamed for the second miscarriage. He didn't know she was pregnant and was justifiably in the process of divorcing her. It's one of his few evasions of responsibility I agreed with. He can feel bad for her, but he shouldn't have to feel responsible.

The second wife was just a user. While it would have been preferable to cut and run, burning her in the process, they had a child together. I assume that's the only reason he ended up helping her out. Kids should change the equation.

It was an interesting read. Kudos.

EddboyEddboyover 7 years ago
as previously mentioned

unfortunately there were no likable characters. His wife has an affair and he simply helps pay for her bookstore?

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 7 years ago
Kinda like some of the people I work with

Happy for the moment tho still looking for a little something on the side. Maybe we are all wired like that......some more than others ..... A 5 and thanks

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 7 years ago
Not Sure Why I liked It So Much

I agree the male protagonist was spacey, quite like academics I have known. Hard too see continuing to support Myra's bookstore. But somehow this got to me. The descriptions of the emotions, and Zoe's clothes, just got to me. I really liked it even though it didn't have the confrontation scenes I look for. Strange. Carvohi, please don't go off to Romance.

ambnomadambnomadover 7 years ago
Great character insight

Great story as usual. 5*

Knew exactly what the comments from some anons would be. Very predictable. As far as Loving Wife format is concerned, a real Loving Wife does no do the things they want to see in stories. What they want just points out THEIR character flaws. Sad part is they actually score stories based on their perceptions and ruin an authors score. Their comments on the other hand can be considered as a indication that the author did a good job in writing.

Curits is a man with integrity, sense of duty and sensitivity. Confused but still a good man who can face things with strength. Of course there will be anons who will disagree with that assessment. But then you just have to consider the soursce

What is a nomad? He's a happy Italian. He's a nomad.

ambnomad

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
3*s

After all this, I go back and read an old Carvohi story from years ago. That's when the protagonist doesn't sound like he's in his late 50's or older.

Thank you for the effort, Jedd, Carvohi, et al.

AMerryman

sdc97230sdc97230over 7 years ago
Why do they always hire the PIs too late?

If I was coming off a marriage that failed because my ex cheated, I'd be having any prospective next partner investigated and background checked six ways to Sunday before I popped the question.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Entertaining read. 4*

I didn't care for every twist and turn but couldn't stop reading.

I like a lot more detail about every aspect of the cheating and how the cheater became better or different and how they became a cheater in the first place.

Zoey's infidelity is never fully dissected or how she changed as well as becoming fully honest with everyone about it.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Amsuing and entertaining.

Written with a wry sense of humor, I call it English style, kept my attention as I had to see the resolution of his life situation. Good job, 4*

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 7 years ago
`It rambled, was too long, too confusing, but....

But it was entertaining. I can't say I fully understand any of the principals in this story, but maybe that's what people are like. Maybe people learn from their mistakes and move on and hopefully move on in parallel with the people they care for. In my personal experience, long term partners changed significantly over the years and sometimes we changed together, but sometimes we moved in different directions. Sometimes the progress was in directions that we could tolerate and in a few cases it ended in separation. I can't say I learned my lesson and perhaps people in these stories don't either, but sometimes the tale strikes a chord and I wander along with the author; sometimes to learn, sometimes to be entertained. Carvohi is a thinking person's author and although I don't always like his stuff, I do like it enough to keep coming back. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I Guess I Was The Only One

Really liked this. Zoey's affair and what changed to make her a safe partner was left a little too ambiguous. Maybe she isn't? Is that the sequel? :)

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
5* story

I did not particularly like Curtis Carothers. But then, I don't think we were meant to.

Several weak people and how they f**ked up their lives and the lives of others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Eat a fucking bullet

You pretentious, whining, cuckold faggot. You've already got aids from the nigers your wife is fucking so just do it.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 7 years ago
Very enjoyable story!

The writing was superb. The characters were believable. The plot was sound. Great tension. I wish I knew more about Zoey's affair. Was she out of it, or was she just weak? Dr. Carothers seemed sure she was medicated properly but too trusting. I wish more stories took the chances that carvohi takes. *****

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
Imaginative

I thought this was imaginative and well-written. As the more intelligent commentators have already said it's not necessary to like the characters or the outcome to enjoy a good yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
PAINFULL PAYBACK LOST❓

So I went back to read your older, better LW stories.

"A Marriage in Crisis" for example. I cannot find "Painful Payback" . What happened ,did the site pull that story off ?

AMerryman

carvohicarvohiover 7 years agoAuthor
Merryman...

I pulled "Painful Payback" a couple years ago. I regretted writing it from the start. It was an attempt to appease the worst BTB crowd. If you want a copy, I'll email it to you, but its not something I'm proud of.

Jedd Clampett

carvohicarvohiover 7 years agoAuthor
To Eat a fucking bullet...

Hi there! I'm not deleting your comment. I gather you're the one who sent me the even more emotional private comment. You misspelled 'Nigger". Nigger isn't profanity is it, but its what my father (yeah he's still alive.) calls a 'mean word'. The person who gets degraded when that word is used is the user, not the target person.

I take it you don't like "Myra's Book Store". Maybe it hit too close to home. These things about infidelity are hard to write. I've read and have been told adultery is a harsh thing to have to experience. In the Old Testament Book of Numbers there's a portion of a chapter where abortion is even justified. The author, Moses I guess, referred to the fetus of adultery as an abomination and he described how it could be destroyed. I don't like abortion, but the Numbers thing along with the commandment does confer adultery to a sin of the highest level, and it also acknowledges its existence as far back as the Sixth Century B.C., the approximate estimate of the Torah's actual writing. I said writing not necessarily existence. (The medieval 'prima noctu' was harsh.)

In short, you have my empathy and my hope you'll recover and find someone new. My dad also tells me if we stood all women on their heads they'd all be sisters. There are writers and comment writers here who've suffered infidelity; Just Plain Bob, Stang Star, and Harry in Virginia are three. You aren't alone; otherwise there wouldn't be so many LW stories.

Someone should write a story that would retell Uriah's story. That's a horrible story, the worst in my opinion; power, lust, loyalty, and the ultimate betrayals.

Try to remember, though I'm sorry you've had a bad experience and you're angry I didn't do it. Try reading some Rehnquist, some Francis MacComber, or some Hard Days Knight. Just Plain Bob's stuff is really good; he seems to have found a way to couch the worst with a grain of humor. I mean a bitch is still a bitch isn't she. The Unoriginalist's "Boilerplate" might be helpful. There are so many out there; you'll find something.

Keep the Faith.

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Frustrated Husband

First of all, this was a very well written and scripted story. You don't need to like the full scenario or the endings to like the story. In this case, Curtis seemed to be stuck between two women he got to love then felt betrayal and all its subsequent demons by each of them. I wish I had a better feeling for Zoey but Myra seemed to be colder in her betrayal.

Maybe a tad long for this place but I really appreciated the story, description and development. One protagonist got burnt, although we didn't really feel how burnt he got and the other, well that appears to be coming in the future.

Keep up the good work. This is one of your best.

Cheers,

Tiny Tim

stev2244stev2244over 7 years ago
Thanks for the great story

It was a pleasure to read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A nice long story

This one was different .zoey the loving wife who cheated , you divorced without trying to make it work. The women was a saint except for her cheating ,how many times once or more. The next wife Myra was a total piece of garbage who gave herself for business and that's a prostitute, yet you still helped her out after discovery and divorce. Weird! So you should never have left the first wife and u did so why no prenup with the second wife. You had great kids and still left then you fought yourself for years before going back to the women who loves you more than life. Crazy story .

carvohicarvohiover 7 years agoAuthor
Back to Eat the Fucking bullet

Just for the record "Eat a Fucking Bullet emailed me the following...

'You fucking shit cuck. The worst of btb??? More like you're too much of a sick fuck to write a story of a man who hasn't had his balls cut off like you, don't lie and pretend you were ever a MAN!!!!!1'

I'd like to ask; what is it about "Myra's Little Book Store" that you don't like? I guess you rated the story a '1'. That's OK. It's your right. But gosh. What is it about the story that's got you riled up?

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wait, what?

So he dumps one cheating slut for an even worse cheating slut that led to his family in order to turn them all against him when he wouldn't take her back? That's broken as fuck, especially when you made clear that she has an insanely rising personality and was known not to take her meds. That would suggest Brandon was not as one time and that she was so stupid she was cheating right and left, because assholes like Brandon are a fine a dozen and sniff out women like that as if they were hunting dogs.

I have yet to see a single author, not even the really good ones like yourself Carvohi, manage to pull off the "medication as an excuse for cheating trope" and not make their main character looke like a stupid asshole who will buy anything in the process

I won't use the word cuck, because that's stupid shit from the BTB brigade, but stupid asshole about covers it. Kudos for trying i guess to make an old bad trope sensible, but the failure damages all of your characters. In fact it serially detracts from your main who is a highly educated man but buys the stupid story because his e x

Is a) hot and b) a nympho.

javmor79javmor79over 7 years ago
@ carvohi

If I don't get an email telling me to kill myself after I post a story, I don't know what I'd do. Some of the readers become a little to emotionally attached. I take it as a compliment of sorts.

Keep writing. Stay true to yourself.

C_frommnC_frommnover 7 years ago
Liked

The Story he got a lot of Crap thrown at him by 2 women he Trusted. But in the end he got rid of the Social Climber and Kept the Expensive one to cut costs.

Dubby49Dubby49over 7 years ago

I nearly didn't read the story because of the low ratings. I'm glad I did. Perhaps the literary allusions (some of which I didn't get) turned the readers off. Very convoluted relations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hopefully

This cuck pervert author does what he says and never posts in this section again. This story almost made me puke, and we don't need and more fucking swinger joe types here, so good riddance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
enjoy your stories..but

Reference name per request DISBELIEVER

The husband aids Myra after her betrayal. Allows her lover to live on unpunished. The school administration knew lover was serial predator and protected him.

Your resolution left me feeling unwashed

carvohicarvohiover 7 years agoAuthor
To anon enjoy your stories but...

The story was about the man. Go back and check out his behavior toward Zoey and her parents. This guy is a creep, a sponger, and user. It's his story; I guess my hints at his personality were too subtle.

Jedd Clampett

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 7 years ago
Good story - good writing

It was a good story. The real interesting part was how well you internalized the main characters dialogue and reasoning. Good writing different than have generally see but a good reading time.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Guy was really messed up

Prof needed help he knew his wife had the overall mentality of a child. He really over reacted to the whole thing he needed some help big time. So did she. but that's another subject altogether. At least at the end he figured out something and started to get his shit together. Al in all a good story. nutty people but what the heck.

MSGT HG

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
well written,

well reasoned,

creatively crafted,

at least from the POV of the male lead. but it is really difficult to like these very flawed people. it is equally as difficult to accept all the excuses: the repeat predator, the smooth talking seducer, the month long absence, and worst of all, the medications. no one ever took responsibility for their actions or behaviour. and going back to repeat the same mistakes again with the first (and very needy) wife only compounds the errors.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

As usual, writing these as I go!

He looked up at the "lentil"? - I think you mean "lintel"?

At the end of Ch 4 he pulled down everything from the cloud onto USB's. Why couldn't he just give them to Zoey? And why is he pulling them down AGAIN after he talks to Myra?

How can someone who was cheated on herself, who knows her husband's first wife cheated on him, cheat on him? LOL, he just asked the same question!

She mentions Wayne. He dumped his first wife with TWO kids, why should one kid stop him?

"quid pro quo" - So she's whoring herself out!

The old "it meant nothing" excuse! So she betrayed their marriage for "nothing"! As sleazy as it was, at least the original excuse was for "something"!

"St. Agricola" - I assume that it's a religious school. I'm sure they wouldn't approve of their headmaster cheating on his wife with a married woman!

" Zoey betrayed me; that was over two years ago" - Maybe I missed this earlier, but he and Myra have been together less than less than two years and she's already cheating?

Not that it excuses her, but unless something was left out, or I missed something, she just had one "slip", while Myra had an on-going affair, that would probably still be going on if he hadn't caught them.

"You throw away the tapes and I don't expose your wife for the whore she really is." - Why would he care about his wife's reputation? And if he has any proof of other lovers that just helps him in the divorce. Even if the head of the Board IS with him (why?), what about his wife?

"The train had passed me by." - If the train passed him by, why is Zoey still trying to pick him up?

"It wasn't my fault!" - You keep having him say that like he's in some kind of denial, when he's right! It WASN'T his fault!

First meeting with Zoey - First it seems to be the first time he saw her, then she accuses him of stalking her, and it seems like she's right since he knows her dorm.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised! From the comments I somehow thought he was going to reconcile with Myra. I don't mind the reconciliation with Zoey, it feel "right" to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The last anon nailed it

Typical mistakes of amateur authors. You try to create flawed characters but end up making trainwrecks.

The guy is really fucked up mentally. No way he should have been married to the second wife in the first place. On top of not being over his first wife who betrayed him he comes across as a whiny wimp without a shred of dignity.

The second wife's reason for cheating, especially when she'd herself been cheated on was a total cop out. I feel like you used this thinking process, "Just dump some reason on her to portray her as the ultimate bitch so that he can go back to the other slut in his life."

Lastly, the whole story is unnecessarily verbose without the requisite hooks to keep the reader interested. There was so much jumping about from one slut to the other that I ended up skimming through most of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

The story is too long, and the reasons make no sense. But that's not the problem. The problem is that the protagonist is a typical wimp cuck faggot. He secretly likes slurping cum out of his cheating cunt's pussy, just like Carfag here does himself. It's the only reason not to have force fed the first bitch enough of her pills to put her to sleep forever after you caught her, then put a bullet in the brain of the second one and dump her body in a deep lake with a stone tied around the neck. Only fucking pathetic cum slurping faggots put up with this behavior, I know I didn't. And this author is one of the biggest fucking faggots on this site right now, crying about how we were mean to his precious cuck shit story. Hope he opens a couple veins and stops bothering us.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 7 years ago
Good story...

Sometimes it was kind of hard to follow, going back and forth from past to present to past to present. But I knew what the ending would be after hubby went to see Myra's ex.

5 *'s

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
One thing some of your posters have missed realizing...

They've said they can't see how Myra could cheat knowing what it feels like to be cheated on...

But they forget - she hadn't been cheated on. She WAS the cheat in her previous marriage. She'd lied to him about how that went down. Looking back on how she DID react when she realized he knew she was cheating, it makes more sense, her not being as broken up as you'd think she would have been otherwise.

I'm curious as to why Zoey's father doesn't think the break up was entirely her fault if he "knows everything". I guess we'll never really know if Zoey cheated because of her mental problem and/or the drugs/pregnancy or not... We can only weigh it against the two year's worth of actions as a litmus test.

Depressingly real life story where no one really wins but no one who deserves to really loses...

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

I cannot believe that in the very beginning you said.

Also for the skimmers and 'nonreaders' don't waste your time, go someplace else.

Are you joking?

Skimming was the ONLY way I could get past the second page.

I am positive that I skimmed and skipped over about 4 pages, maybe 3 1/2

and absolutely NOTHING was lost because of that.

I felt like I was reading the same 8 paragraphs over and over and over and over just worded a little differently each time.

This could have been a pretty good 3 page story. pretty good to good.

As it was it was soooooo tiresome. Even skimming.

rick_ohrick_ohover 7 years ago
Good storytelling.

Held my interest. Would have liked to see some measure of payback on Brandon.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 7 years ago
I Can Tell

A great story when I'm sad to see it end. It was easy to get involved in this tale.

slamdog1slamdog1over 7 years ago
5* as usual

However I wanted to bitch slap Curtis through the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another story worth investing your time to read.

I just wanted to say that I really like your writing style. I am in a hard place in my life, and at almost 61 years old I am afraid that I don't stand much of a chance that my time will be as happy as the decades of love of happiness of my youth. It is great to read stories that have the "happily ever after". Thank you.

Ritch,

Sorry I am not a member, and I don't read any of the comments. I do hope this note encourages you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

wimpy cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄™ (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka NEEDYOU200 aka 5+ANNONY!

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
I love . . .

. . . your writing. I'm so sorry that the story had to end. What a pleasure it was to read. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Too long and confusing.

As above.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another Five

While the protagonist wasn't exactly a hero you were able to make the reader feel the anguish of his difficult life.

Ocker51Ocker51almost 7 years ago
Enjoyable

I enjoyed it but Myra got off basically scot free, I just don't understand how you can help & support someone after you know they have betrayed & humiliated you in the worst way. Where is your pride? But I still gave it 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

illiterate cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good Comedy...

...With a touch of tragedy.

I like this one. Maybe a bit long on descriptive detail, but no problem, needed most of it to fill the story substance.

Please keep creating. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
HE GOT BACK WITH ZOEY! FANTASTIC ENDING

This story is good! It's a no brainer really! I say that in a nice way, I'm glad this story has a happy ending !

So Yeah Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us!

Love you all! GREG.

OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

OH OH OH! Joke:- HOW MANY DONALD TRUMPS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIME COLORED LIGHT BULB:-

ONE BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE TO STEAL THE LIMELIGHT

BYE, SEE YA! GREG thats ""ME""

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Another wimpy cuckold with his brains in hs cock end.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
I LOVED IT THAT'S WHAT MATTERS TO ME

No ANNONY -MOUSE comment! I love a good romance story! Makes you know that there is hope for all of us! Also there is always 2 sides to every argument!

Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! ★★★★★WOOF

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Potential

I gave you marks for effort. the style is a little too erudite for me. I prefer a more straight forward tale.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 stars

Great Story.

Jas

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
The Brandon Thing

Seems to have been going on for quite a while, even though they 'maybe' only had sex once. Curtis was right to leave Zoey's cheating ass, but even more right to leave Myra's even skankier one.

I guess giving Zoey another chance is ok, but making more babies? Really?

Enjoyed it, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@lewdslummydoodoo

lsd hopes carvohi can avoid literary standtill after lsd takes shots at others.

lsd is the one frozen in his literary efforts. The erstwhile famous literary critic whom even the legends of this site have grown weary of his contrivances.

HDK,luedon, kimi1990 and others took turns deriding him for his untranslatable comments.

See the comments following laptopwriter's ''The Urge''

Based on more than one of his comments lsd is still languishing after wife sought out another to doggy slam her...not sure what he is lord of but seems the peasant had uprising preferable to the deluded one's

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
James Joyce

was probably the best at stream of consciousness writing- and it still sucked to read. This pablum is nowhere near Joyce. While I am not a 'show, don't tell ' Nazi, some action (or some mild twitching, for God's sake!) would much improve your writing. 3 stars, sorry.

andyinozandyinozover 6 years ago
A long read, tedious at times

Not sure how to rate this tale. On one hand I thought that it was cleverly written, being made aware of Curtis' thought processes and, eventually, realising that the reader had to 'look between the lines' at times to see that Curtis was occasionally deluding himself.

On the other hand, there were, for me, unfinished subplots that needed expansion. For example, Dr Prenderwhatever really got off rather lightly - I cannot believe that Curtis did not send video material to the wife (which may well have also ended the good principal's career). Yes, I know that Curtis had some idea of saving Myra's bookshop business ... but she could just as easily screw a few more principals after the divorce to get their business, especially given her track record as detailed by her ex-husband. Then to Zoey ... how do we know that the one time Curtis caught her with Brandon was the ONLY time (I mean, what are the chances?) and if the affair had been ongoing then maybe, just maybe, that last miscarriage could have been Brandon's child !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
time well spent

with so many points of view in a world i found this plausible and it held my attention throughout. i wanted "x" to happen but it did not matter the story stands any test my mind made it meet. an easy read but difficult in that i was drawn in with your characters to their presentation. worth the read as this was a story, not a jumble of parts or scenes. thank you for sharing your writing. regards

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous