All Comments on 'Proving My Sanity'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
mrolemroleover 7 years ago
I read all six

Story was a stretch, however the lessons of honor, caring and responsibility are real. The references to wealth and the way $$ affect peoples views are still current today.

Thanks for the fun and a happy ending!

MoondogAUMoondogAUover 7 years ago
A bit of fun, Oggbashan.

A nice bit of a fun story, thanks and look forward to more of your writings.

One little point - I don't think Mr Singh would be Hindu, as it is the most ubiquitous Sikh surname!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
suffer from insanity?

His new motto should be:

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Besides which, the rich aren't crazy, they're eccentric.

Sir GalahadSir Galahadover 7 years ago
A charming little story

I could see this happening with an eccentric English gentleman who had spent a lot of time in India in the time of Harry Flashman. But if there had been a more active conflict, some outsider with a claim on the boodle trying to gain control of the Andrews lands and fortune, it would have read better.

I was also disappointed by the lack of exotic lovemaking that I'd have expected of a man with 15 hot-blooded Indian wives, and of the fact Sumitra did not arrange for a lady of the household to take care and extend proper hospitality to Robert. I also agree with the comment that Singh is the wrong name for our cricket pitch expert who is also a Hindu priest; Singh is most definitely a Sikh surname and the Sikhs do not practice polygamy. A minor complaint.

Not a bad tale; merely one that poorly executed its premise.

La_TortueLa_Tortueover 7 years ago
My Kind of Insanity (That I should be so lucky)

Apart from one minor religious mishap this was a fun and amusing read.

There are always those who want to have a dig or a whinge, but that's just one of life's tribulations.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 6 years ago
Fun

A few errors that could easily be rectified, but as this is Humour and Satire, they may well have have been intentional. I certainly had a smile all the through, so 5* all the way.

pranaykathapranaykathaover 3 years ago

This was an insanely fun read. A long but interesting account of unusual affairs involving multiple continents and cultures. Apart from one technical error (of calling Mr. Singh a Hindu), the author appears to be well aware of the traditions and customs from different religions.

A cricket ground and a dam provide a needed break from the homely affairs. The enormity of richness does startle the readers, helping them to digest

the overall insanity.

I would've loved to read more details of the lovemaking with fifteen wives (or at least four of them), but the hints were also enough to spice up the story.

What I liked the most about the story was the respect and appreciation and recognition towards the intelligence of the women. It wouldn't have been interesting to read a master's account of benefits (and exploitation) with respect to the slave women he owned.

The fantasy of marrying fifteen women (at the same time) is not presented just as a sex marathon here. The details related to law and religion and commitment add sufficient humour and authenticity to the fantasy.

Well done!

- Mandy from India

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It's been a rather "rough go" the last few years, especially around this time of year. I decided to read this story on a whim,not really expecting much. I sit here both delighted and amazed. Sure, it's a period piece, and no doubt someone will find flaws or something that offends the tender sensibilties of some readers; but I enjoyed it and was taken from the dull troubles of the day-to-day. Thank you, oggbashan.

OML

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
1529 Followers
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...