All Comments on 'Myra's Little Book Shop, Redux'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I cheated on my first wife with my future 2nd wife.

Life's been fantastic. Sure, we've had our ups and downs but overall? Divorcing my first wife for the other woman was the best thing that I could have done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you.

Cannot be said enough.

Energystar

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ok???

Carvohi,

I'm not sure what brought this on but I hope it passes. You are one of my favorites. I went and looked at you extensive favorite list and frankly with a very few exceptions I fully agree with your list of favorite LW writers. I have enjoyed each one and of course your stories as well. Keep writing, it will do us both good.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Feel better ?

I didn't read either story you were going on about , but Dammit , I do enjoy watching someone get their rant on ! ( I've been known to have a few here myself)

Good luck with all you future endeavors.

I would definitely given you 5 *'s on this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why did you mention a story not yet released?

I've always enjoyed your stories, but it's unfair to mention a title by another Author when he hasn't released it yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You mad, bro?

Yeah, you mad. Used to like your work. Too bad you've turned into a thin-skinned little bitch who can't handle misguided opinions and flatout trolls. Maybe you should get off the internet, boyo.

As for your shit story, here's an idea for ya, boyo: write good stories and maybe people won't skim them. A novel concept, I know, but it works. You literally just admitted your story's three main characters are a one-dimensional self-righteous coward, a one-dimensional gold-digger, and a one-dimensional human doormat. And you have the nerve to bitch about people skimming your story? Fuck off, you self-important turd blossom. You wrote a boring story about boring people, in a boring place, doing boring shit for boring reasons.

Get over yourself. No one can deny that the misogynists are out there, everywhere. You aren't going to change that or them, especially not with childish rants like this. Best you just put on your big boy pants and ignore the "woman haters" like you would any other trolls. And if that's too difficult for you, then perhaps you really should get off the internet.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Doesnt belongi n LW

It is an eessay, or review, so put it there.

c24jc24jover 7 years ago
Even better than I'd realized . . .

Enjoyed the story, loved the Redux!! There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the misogynists. Curtis was actually a bigger jerk than I'd realized. I'd thought he was kind of insensitive . . . and had become so attuned to the 'guy's always innocent, wife's always evil' type of thing that I simply hadn't looked closely enough to realize how bad Curtis was. Nice going . . . way to play the BTB readers, Jed!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This was awful

And you know it.

You stand nothing to gain by this but people's contempt.

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
carvohi

I Iike your stories,well most of them anyway

I decided some time ago to more or less ignore the lw section,the garbage some authors consider a good read is beyond disgusting

The comments of some,mostly anonymous people, is insulting,disgusting and written by brain dead wannabe machos who hate basically everything female,i really would like to see how they act in real life

I will come back from time to time to see if a good author actually came up with a good story

Untill then i hope you all authors and readers will have a good time

dyonysos,lublin,poland

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Wife cheats on her husband? No harm, no foul. He should have been more attentive towards unspoken issues and less focused on providing.

Husband leaves unfaithful wife? Why, her father should have crippled the bastard! I mean, she's a WOMAN, she has no self-control! Her husband is responsible for any choices she makes, even without his input. If you you don't agree, you must hate women!

Him, forgive HER? Why, HE was the one too focused on work! That's unforgivable. All SHE did was cheat on him and fuck another man. That's nothing.

"Damn, did Curtis deserve her fidelity? I think not!"

Well, technically, as her husband, he did. If she wasn't happy with their life, and wasn't willing to confront him about it, then divorce him. Don't sleaze around with another man in your bed.

Good luck in Romance. They don't tend to be the biggest fans of cheaters there either.

You've really gone off the deep end. It's always a shame to see talent wasted.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 7 years ago
I

can see why C removed the voting app, he did well considering he was obviously sniffing glue when he wrote this redux. Does it help us, the readers understand the author more and empathise with him "I think not" it's just really weird. TK

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
I understand this "outflow" from @carvohi...

I understand this "outflow" from @carvohi...But if we put 100 people reading the same story and in the end ask them questions about the plot and characters, I don't think that we would have more than 2 or 3 viewing it the same way and have the same opinion about the characters...That's normal...What isn't normal is readers taking things as personal and insult the writers...Normal to like or dislike the characters, and wish they had a different destiny...but the characters aren't ours...they belong to the writer that had molded them...So Jedd keep writing because that is one thing that you do very well...Thank you for your stories...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
an utter pos

I see why you disabled voting.

canopuswestcanopuswestover 7 years ago
Jedd Clampett???

I'm not sure why you are pretending to be a man on this website, but it is doubtful that you are one. And I am not talking about being a manly man or that crap.

I just do not believe that you are a male. You must be a man hating feminazi.

If by some chance you are a male, then I feel sorry for your upbringing and the life you must have lived where the women around you have taught you to hate yourself and your gender so much.

Now I am not a woman hater. I just don't like cheaters. It could be a woman or a man or some alien specie which doesn't have a fixed gender.

All your stories which I have read based on ratings are about women doing horrible shit and the men around them accepting all that shit and learning to not only swallow that shit but also to like it and to hate themselves for trying to get out from that shitty mess.

It is not a spouse's job to teach their partner to stay away from temptation and to not cheat. That is knowledge decent people have with them.

It wasn't his job to keep Zoey from cheating.

And I am not sure what meds you are on, because something is obviously wrong with the way you think.

Zoey already had an ex with whom she was caught cheating.

That shows that she wasn't completely without knowledge about dating and stuff..

It is also highly doubtful she was a virgin till she met Curtis.

Also she should have been responsible about protection. She was 19!! Not a child.

Now I suggest that you writer, whoever you really are should find yourself a good psychiatrist and get better meds instead of whatever fairy shit you have been taking.

Maybe then next time you will write a reasonable story which is about real human beings and not mentally challenged creatures from the 7th dimension.

You are a skilled writer, you just need better stuff to write about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Guaranteed

To enrage the neanderthals.

Carvohi you are a very good writer and obviously some of the readers piss you off.

The thing is that there is no need to waste any emotion on them, not one of them has any chance of getting women who have an I.Q. over 90 (unless they pay for it)

Keep up the good work as there are not so many good writes posting at the moment

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Take about being a coward

Can you look at yourself in the mirror after calling him a coward and not see your own image.

grabmyballs2grabmyballs2over 7 years ago
Since rating is disabled...

I want to say I enjoy your writing and hope I'll be able to find it. Thank you for your efforts to communicate with us. I remember the story with Myra and her bookshop; clearly this one had another purpose. Perhaps it will be enjoyable for you to add to it. Anyway, thanks.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
I saw what you were doing in the story

I could see that Curtis had no room for his wife. Why? Because he was way too full of himself.

Brandon? He was also full of himself.

And Zoey? Well, she had her faults, too.

Oh, wait! They were all flawed, normal people, capable of screwing things up!

mordbrandmordbrandover 7 years ago
Reviews and essays

Just saying...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Canopusweet.

You get the award for the most pathetic and mindlessly long post.

You are so full of hate that it makes me wonder if you have had long standing issues with your own mental health.

If you are an adult then there is really no hope for you.

If you are a child then you really need to grow up before posting comments on the internet or giving your opinion on anything anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Take a look in the mirror

Your story failed because you had contempt for your main character. You knew it was in need of editing when you told the reader not to skim while reading the story. You need to get an editor. You know that you have a problem with including riffs of stuff in your stories that have nothing to do with the story. Cut that out and people won't skim. I didn't review the Myra story because it was a mess and I figured that you were just off your meds again. If you have to write a review to explain your long-winded rambling then you know you failed.

You have some talent and a lot of energy. I have liked some of your stories and parts of all of your stories. You need to force yourself to cut your stories to 3 pages. This will force you to cut out the stuff that we skim. If you are the inspiration for the main character, show your story to your therapist. It may help. I think you often write to piss your readers off. The classic was the one where the wife of 20+ years cheats on the faithful loving husband and her kids with an old boyfriend. She abandons her family after getting caught and lying about it. Everyone, his kids, parents and the whole town abandon the husband and takes her side when he decides to separate from her. Classic. Good luck and don't forget to take your meds.

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Get help, dude

I think you're a little unstable. The mean people didn't like your story. Get over yourself. You're going to take your ball and go home. You've always been a condescending prick, now you're just raving. You're implying HDK is as bonkers as you are. So because HDK writes a novel or Stangstar or BR1958 write a romance, They were driven away by the mean people at LW?

You're getting a new identity and moving to romance because people didn’t like your story and didn't hate or love the right characters? Maybe you just wrote poorly, ever think about that? You sound like a five-year-old having a temper tantrum. You won't have carvohi to kick around anymore!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
how do we know the author is a bitch

she gave away her one most priceless treasure? (That would be her virginity by the way.) really? haha

Bitch move showing your fem-male sex parts with that line. Take your outdated white knight women are sacred views and shove them up your brain, women and their virginity are no more scared than a guys first time, but you want your son to castrate himself for the honor of sex with what a woman.

If i could i would send to the moon every fem-male white knight shit head and there modified sons, you are the enemy of man.

In your story/life what do women do to deserve sainthood ....oh wait they have sex's, and now they abort all the time, cheat all the time abuse man and boy all the time...welcome to the truth which is they always have been.

the law is fucked...if she cheats leave, fuck divorce...find me divorce me...but always take care of the kids....if they are yours....if not it is up to you.

women are not so great in marriage anymore, they dont suffer on the cross of being a homebody , and virginity is sex and it goes for man an woman, but this author might get off on abusing boys(they dont have virginity?) seeing as it views females as better and not flawed.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 7 years ago
You are one of my favorite authors on this site....

I like to read your stories for the entertainment...I must say that I don't look for or expect to attach any significant or deep meaning to your stories. Maybe I should but for now I will continue to read for the enjoyment. Keep them coming ...please and thank you.

ralph440ralph440over 7 years ago
????

I read your story and enjoyed it. Was it the best? no, but that's not a problem. What's a problem is your rant. I figured when I first started reading it would add to the original. Sadly, I think you have some demons to work out. Good luck, hope you continue to write good stuff, leave the rants at home.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 7 years ago
Amen to that brother

I see nothing but distruction in the words the the anonymous commentators! I still do not understand why thet allow anonymous comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE ; IS THE GRASS GREENER IN ROMANCE

Thank you for responding about the disappearance of " Painfull Payback". No need to e-mail the story to me. I definitely believe you are mistaken for removing it.

I remember it as very well written characters, a tight and fast-moving plot. The story climax is about the hollow emptiness that a complete revenge leaves for a husband. And ,of course, the terrible suffering by the wife.

You teach well, with that story.

I must say going into Romance might work for you. I can see your first few posts were in that category. The effective difference for you will probably be a reduction in comments. Also from just a glance the comments will be effusive praise and demands for a sequel. Posting in one category doesn't keep you out of the other, if the mood strikes you.. Good luck wherever you post your works.

I admit to never reading "Eugenie's Story" carvohi/jedd clampett as I believed "The Dentist" was complete and the sequel an apologia for a woman who destroyed her family.

Sorry, got on the high horse .....again. Ruefully lol. Thanks for your time.

AMerryman

fifteen16fifteen16over 7 years ago
Why

Why allow anonymous comments someone asked, For our entertainment, simple as that.

Concritic123Concritic123over 7 years ago
Did a nerve get touched?

Well I'll never get that time back. Guess what. Not everyone will like what you write. You really need to turn down your sensitivity meter. I like what you write but was this really necessary?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks for the memories

I had stopped reading your crap awhile ago. By accident I found myself reading your post. After 6 lines I had to look up to see who wrote this shit, this poor attempt at a diatribe. My mouth immediately twisted and my stomach soured. If you feel the need to rant you should read some writers like Voltaire, or both Dylans, Thomas and Bob. Boo hoo you ineffectual creep.

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

I thank you for your plainly stated analysis of the story in question. However, I thought the author did a good job of drawing his characters in a somewhat understated fashion. Yes, Curtis was a poser, or perhaps a poseur, a fairly worthless piece of humanity hiding behind his educational pedigree and position. But, there are a lot of those people out there. so Curtis is not exactly an anomaly in higher education. I think a lot of people saw the characters in the story for what they were, but then again, I didn't read the comments.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

write what ya wish. don't pay attention to assholes and let them get you worked up. they are not worth it. thank you for writing your stories

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
Wow!!

This is an epic rant! Reminiscent of Finch's rant from Network! "Carvohi is mad as hell, and he isn't gonna take it anymore!!" Love it!

LW readers are probably the angriest, least polite, and least grateful people I know. And that's exactly why I post my stories almost exclusively to this category. LW is like New York: if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. LW ain't for the faint of heart, that's for sure. That's why I love it!

Best of luck with your new identity, Carvohi, and thank you for all you have contributed to this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Move to romance won't help

You'll still be the same writer there you always were. You'll still fill your stories with extranious crap and people will still get bored and skim. You'll still be the same egomaniac who trys to tell other people how and what they should think.

wylie236wylie236over 7 years ago
Nice Rant

I don't have a problem with an author ranting about reader's comments on his story - that's fine. I would say that if you have to go to such lengths as this rant to explain your story and your characters, maybe you didn't do that good of a job in the original story. Personally, I thought your original story was fine - not great, not terrible - a well written story that I would have expected by an experienced author. I'm sure I gave the original a "3" because I'm a firm believer that average is where most the work of most people reside, whether it's writing or any other endeavor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WTF

What a POS, this writer needs to grow up and stop all his crying. What a waste of time. I am sure he will delete my comments since he has no balls to see the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
no voting

now i see why you do not let people vote

VanadornVanadornover 7 years ago

Don't let them get to you. If you write to please the mob, the mob will never be pleased. You should always remember to write to please the loudest voice of the menagerie - the one in your head. If you like it and are happy, then that is all that matters. Votes and scores are like M&M's - there are lots of colors but if you try to hold them for to long they melt in your hand and eventually look like shit.

Ignore the scores, enjoy the writing.

And DON'T hide or change your name - if you do, "they've" won. Never give in.

-V

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
Did you write this rant before you posted the original story?

I know that I am not the brightest bulb in the pack as SJ, Gordo, Lexipoo ("Lexipoo" © Kimi. Used hoping for permission after the fact) and many many more commenters will attest, but i re-read the original (which could have benefitted by cutting a couple of pages) and the comments.

It seems to me (see caveat above) that the majority of the commenters "got" the first story and that Curtiss was a real jerk. What they didn't get is the pervasive theme in most of your stories that women are not capable of taking responsibility for their decisions and actions. Deny it all you want but if you don't see the truth of this comment you are lying to yourself, which is very sad. I would argue that if anyone is a misogynist in amongst the commenters it's carvohi. His women are always victims and too stupid or amoral to make decisions in their own self interest.

All of us have have been touched by the impact of infidelity in our lives or those of friends, Carvohi you don't have a special insight. I would guess that a high percentage of the readership have personal experience with Bi-Polar Disorder, Major Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, and the whole range of psycho/sexual disorder. If you are married to a person who has been blighted with Bi-Polar disorder you and your partner have my sympathy and very real empathy. You are not alone.

As for skimming, many of us have been readers for years and have (or in my case "had") very good comprehension skills. We skim because much of what is written may seem to be pure gold to you but really does little to advance the story or enhance the characters.

You are a very good writer and under any other name in any other category you will continue to be a very good writer but you have a very sad view of men and women and that view has been pervasive in all of your stories.

Please continue to write and submit but please don't expect all of us to come up to the standard that you have arbitrarily set for your readership.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
HEAR! HEAR! I got it in the first place. Please don't deprive the rest of us because of the few idiots who criticize everything one way or another.

Hopefully, I'll be privileged to read you future contributions. Also, I hope that I'll be able to find them. "Romance", and some other genres are not of as much interest to me as this category. I like to read about the angst of infidelity which the characters feel, both from the side of the wronged spouse, and from the viewpoint, if appropriate, of the cheating spouse. Reading about the actual sex act doesn't hold much interest for me unless it is woven into the context of the the story, rather than just being thrown in in some effort toward erotica and not misplaced for its own sake. Again, thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
After reading the Prologue

I skimmed this and rated it a # 1

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wow mind blown

WTF... Carvohi is Swingerjoe...lololol...wow I didn't see that coming

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Carvohi

I generally like your writing. Please continue. Don't worry about the scoring and the people with their own agendas. There are obviously a lot of insecure people out there who consider extramarital sex an unforgivable sin. They probably have been cheated on by a spouse and have lost control of their emotions. Please keep writing in L W instead of romance or else I won't read your stories any more. My particular predilection is for a cheating wife with drama. I prefer the Wife to be repentant and after drama back and forth there to be forgiveness. That's just me.

L W is a big tent and is meant for stories about wives who, in my opinion, have extramarital dalliances or are tempted or have something other than a straight arrow romance with their husbands. If you want to write about the perfect marriage and a wife who does nothing but show her love for her husband than use Romance. That's my view.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad you feel that way

When you read enough stories on here, you tend to gravitate to writer names that you can depend will give you something worth reading. Clearly you are one of those, not just for me, but many others as well. I get that it can be frustrating dealing with nasty comments and readers not getting the message you are trying to get out there or heaven forbid skimming. But keep in mind, that is the nature of the beast in writing. No matter what category or medium you choose to write in, all that will still happen. I disagree with the commentor who said the author/writer owns the characters. Once a story has been read it then is owned by the reader as well. What makes a story great is when it can have value on many different levels and to many different people and often with many different perspectives on said story. I personally find myself drawn to LW because of the strong emotions that it brings forth, though it can be immensely depressing when the protagonist keeps getting crapped on with no light at tunnel end ever to be found. You appear to enjoy writing and you have a good thing going in this category so keep it up and keep honing your craft.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A good author engages people

If you upset or receive praise you are probably doing it right. My two cents you are.

Those who do not like the story line can and should just move to another or another author - its not rocket science to know if you like a story or not.

I respectfully express some experience re real life with cheating spouses.

Can couples recover? yes and do with the right (expert in marriage recovery usually) advice and understanding of the issues which led to cheating so that you put the marriage into a place where you essentially affair proof it.. but its hard ...both have to work on it and change, blaming only goes so far and it takes time, years, many dont want to go through the pain.. fair enough... divorce is a ligit response for many.

OK to cheat if being ignored etc? Don't think so... didn't hear that in any vows over the years ... neither for partner being D***head or anything else for that matter... all are attempts at justification for unacceptable behavior.

Many marriages never recover but just limp along year after year in misery... by then doesn't matter about right or wrong, it just is.

Anyway not here for real life... stories are just that .

In any event they are just stories.... go to a hardware shop buy some logs, build a bridge and get over it .......... or write your own story and see if you can do better... Maybe carvohi will comment on it for you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Regardless of the catageory, I will read your work

Carvohi, any site that allows voting will be subject to trolls who "one bomb" any story or bunch of poorly written words that don't fit their favored end result. I'd like to believe that the majority of Lit readers are more discerning and vote based on their appreciation/enjoyment of both the story arc and how well it is written.

Been reading here several years and I have seen many well written stories by a wide range of authors one bombed because they did not fit into the "BTB" mold.

When I read I look for a story that holds my interest, realistic characters and some semblance to real life. I am not a fan of several genres like Cuck or Gay, but no one forces me to read them either.

You have written a fine body of work, I for one will follow your work regardless of where it shows up. Keep writing for yourself and your fans who know a good story when they read it and ignore the "nattering nabobs of negativism".

Thanks again for your fine work.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Valid Point

You do work hard on your plots, surrounding and characters and anyone uninterested really should not read your stories. But it is the old story, ignore the trolls and get back to moving ideas. Your moniker has a quality reputation and there is no reason to change it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lol

Whiny pussy wimp can't take criticism. Boo fucking hoo. Don't bother writing in any category if you're this thin skinned, even the biggest cuck fags on here don't whine and bitch as much as you do.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Oh, wow!

Mr Carvohi, I'm so sorry. You shouldn't have posted this. You were in the midst of a major psychotic episode here. You should have someone watching you when these episodes happen, and never access a computer. I feel so bad for you. I'm a huge fan. I hope you're feeling better soon.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Confusion

If there is so much confusion about your plot and characters, its not the readers fault but its yours. So sorry your brilliant and incisive prose was misinterpreted so badly but rather than whine you should look in the mirror.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
We writers feel like we give birth

to our stories, and they are our babies. Readers sometimes think they are just turds. Go figure. In the end, you need to write for yourself. No matter what anyone thinks of SwingerJoe's stories, you have to grudgingly admire his tenacity and willingness to suffer the slings and arrows of his detractors. (Or he is truly a masochist, a cuck masochist, a wimp, cuck masochist, or maybe just a guy with a sense of humor and a lot of self esteem, or maybe a narcissist? A cuck narcissist, a wimp.... ) You get the idea. Joe can take the heat. In the end, it makes not an iota of difference what someone comments about your story. At least they take the time to comment.

Lex1Lex1over 7 years ago
I think i have to change my name to Lexipoo

@ the author.

No offense Carvohi, but I think you may need to lighten up a little. There is a difference between telling commenters to respect you as a writer, and complaining that they got the characters in your story wrong. Writing and reading is a matter of interpretation. People have thousands of different interpretations about the Bible, Shakespeare, The Art of War, etc. You don't get to dictate how people perceive your characters. It is up to them to see what they see based on your writing. Everyone will see something different.

Granted, many people will try to add their own endings, put words in your mouth, or whatever. But if they read the exact words that YOU put on paper, then you can't tell them what to see after the fact.

I like you as an author. I like many of your stories. I don't agree with foolscap that you have a twisted sense of relationships, or men and women. Everybody has a view based on their experiences. But this little rant of yours comes off as a bit of a temper tantrum. It comes off as thin skinned. Chill out. Keep writing. Those who get it, will get it. Congratulate them. Those who don't, won't ever get it. Just live with that.

BTW, I'm changing my name to Lexipoo. It seems to be catching, thanks to my online lover.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 7 years ago
Been a while

So I haven't read or commented on anything here for quite a while, six months or so maybe? But since carvohi here decided to email me recently to ask me to come back after wanting to pick a fight with me over comments I made on a year or more old stangstar story, I decided to take him up on his request to read his latest every. So let's see here.....

*Several minutes of uncontrollable laughing later*

This is priceless. This is the thinnest skinned whining about criticism I've seen here in a while. And coming from an author who has personally insulted me and my wife, given my email address out to readers to asked them to harass me, and been a champion of free speech when he took my critiques of his stories as "censorship" this is fantastic. Keep up the psychotic break here man, don't do anything logical like turn off anon comments or voting. Take your ball and go home while whining like a spoiled child about it. But make sure you let us all know how wounded and persecuted you are.

(Free advice. The readers in other sections aren't going to be /less critical/ of your poor plotting and shitty characters. They might not be as rabid as the btbers, but they also don't auto rate trash like 'hearth and home' and the gang rape one you wrote highly because you're mean to a woman in them. Shockingly, they judge stories by things like writing and plot. In other words you're doomed.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Okay, Okay.

I got the fact that Curtis was a jerk when I read the story the first time. The match of spoiled rich girl and the self-centered nerd seemed doomed. What delighted me with the story was that the "unfaithful" wife was really more faithful than the "wronged" husband. He was too caught up with himself and his own goals to pay attention to his family.

What was misleading, if anything, was the title; it focuses our attention on Myra. Face it, Myra and her bookshop function only to get Curtis and Zoey back together. The reason I gave the first story only a 4 was that Curtis did not appear to have fully extracted his head from his ass. Indeed, had he been able to do that earlier, say when first two kids were born, Zoey might never have turned to Brandon in the first place. The only virtue Myra seemed to offer was keeping her affair OUT of the family home, something Zoey had failed to do.

I enjoyed the story, I got that Curtis needed to get his head out of his ass. What I do not "get" is why the story needed to be so long and why Curtis has only got a partial clue by the end. I think Zoey should have made squirm a bit. A healthy dose of self-recognition could only help this guy.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
@lexipoo

That's my man! Of course you must change your name. Do it for me, big guy. Sadly, you are taken in real life, so I will shower you with anodic affection. You see, everyone now acknowledges that you belong to me. It was ineludible. You have officially reached iconic status. Admit it, you can't resist my elocution and rhetoric. We'll be a charming couple. Kimi.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the LW

Here shows up the most aggravating thing since Ants at the picnic !

What cowpile did you crawl out from under this time Frontlinecaster ?

Come to heap praise on a person feeling down , NO , not FLC !

I started to think one of those mysterious death and rape threats you say you get constantly may have gotten you, but alas , like Keith Richards and cockroaches , you would survive a nuclear war !

Hummm , haven't heard from SharedSign lately , in fact no one has ever saw the two of you in a room at the same time , hummm.

Please feel free to go away more often and for much longer .

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 7 years ago
Awww

I had hoped you had died too Crkcppr. Glad to know you cared enough to think of me.

Thank Carvo here for my return. He's emailed me repeatedly asking me to come read his stories, even after all this time he couldn't get enough of me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You know if

You know if there aren't people who hate your story you have failed just as much as I'd there weren't people who loved it. But if you are complaining that everyone missed the point I'm sorry but that is indeed on you. I do remember wondering why he didn't seem to care who he ended up with as long as his physical needs were met. But, I never got close to concluding that was your goal for the theme of the tale

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I like entertainment

whether from a story

or the comments

thanks

and thanks

ken philipsken philipsover 7 years ago
Spot on

I thought he was a dead shit too. I still can't accept in real life that someone as nice as Zoey would take such a piece of shit back let alone sign a prenup. I would have run for the hills. Ken

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Lololol, fucking dumb cuck faggot can't handle being told what a dumb fucking shit brain cuck he is?? TOO BAD!!! Put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger you fucking sick shit slurping, cum eating, nigger loving fuck! No one ever wants to read your fucking dumb cuck garbage again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad author is sad

For an amateur, wannabe author, you sure spit a lot of venom on the very people you're writing for. The only reason you actually have people reading your horseshit is because it has been posted on a free site. I doubt you'd sell anything if you did try to publish this crap. You keep the comments open and then complain when people don't like the shit you're selling. If you really want to write for yourself then close the ratings and the comments. Otherwise stop whining like the characters you write and take the punches from your readers like a man. Learn to respect your readers first. They are the ones you're writing for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This is just pathetic

People didn't like your story, grow the fuck up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Went Over My Head Too

I liked the story. Have it a 5. But I would think you'd see the fact that practically everyone missed your point about his character as something for you to learn as a storyteller, not a reason to chastise your readers, especially ones who took a minute to write.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
communication

The burden of communication is on the communicator.

They're not understanding you?

It's your fault for not being clear.

If that many people miss your point then you need to do better at expressing it.

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 7 years ago
Please submit the story you mentioned

You've one of the top writers on this site, whose written some incredible stories. Don't let the 'gotta BTB every time' crowd deter you.

rick_ohrick_ohover 7 years ago
Hey Jed, don't make it bad...

There are two things that I unapologetically admit to skimming: (1) Long, drawn out How We Met parts of a story, if the're not directly relevant to the story, and (2) Long drawn out sex scenes ("Oh baby, fuck meeeee, you're the best in the world").

In the Myra story, I did think that Curtis was one screwed-up dude, particularly in relation to Zoey. But I figured that's how you intended to portray him. In general, there's a lot to like in a Carvohi story. There is a lot of originality and creativity. The Worm Doth Turn is in my opinion, a classic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I liked the original.

I liked the original story. All people have flaws and the story was really about that.

PS. 'Lady in Red' is not HDK's best. I finally quit at the end of book 2. Come on! Only Jesus and Buddha were that perfect (supposedly).

But, many of HDK's earlier short stories were Top-of-the-Line. IMHO

Carvohi: Keep writing please. I enjoy your work very much. B

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I very much appreciated the author's take on the story. It was more complex and more, oh, subtle than many. I guess what I mean is that a lot of people did wrong and no one was above reproach. Because of that, I think it was really helpful to hear the author's point of view. I'd like to hear that more often for stories like this.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NAIL

Sure makes you stop and think about what you wrote in the comments section? I still enjoyed this Story immensely! Stangstar06, carvohi, HardDaysNight are only some of my favorite Authors ! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Review with Us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE.

GREAT SENTIMENTS, I AGREE PRETTY MUCH WITH ALL, I GET FRUSTRATED READING (for free as u stated) SOME REALLY GOOD STORIES ON THIS SITE ONLY TO SEE CHILDISH REMARKS USUALLY BTB OR JUST DOWNRIGHT DISRESPECTFUL, I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT THOSE WANKERS ARE EXACTLY THAT AND THAT THEYVE NEVER HAVE A GROWNUP RELATIONSHIP WITH NORMAL PROBLEMS, THEY SHOULD TRY PORNHUB WHERE THEYVE NO NEED TO OVEREXERT THIER TINY IMAGINATIONS, JUST5*****. Paul.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Confused....

The hard part for me with the story "Myra,s Little Book Shop" Is it was his POV and therefore he is supposed to be the good guy done wrong. Everything you point out is true and I picked up on his father-in-law basically handing him everything. And him thinking he was entitled to the "Ivy league " club and his romance novel would be a best seller. However it was only his POV. I don't really want to read a story where the main character is a piece of shit and I'm suppose to side with the other characters, who are also flawed. I didn't care for the story because I never felt empathy for him, which I guess was your intent, but then why write it from his POV and not his first wife's?

jsch1947jsch1947almost 4 years ago
Problem

Search doesn't bring up Myra's book shop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wasted data.

Weak.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

This is a seriously good idea. A thoughtful explanation of the writer's intentionally "enbedded" character flaws in the protagonist. I have to say, as I was reading along the story I kept thinking "I don't like this guy much." Human beings are all more or less messes; simple examination of the people you've known will show you that. A Judeo-Christian worldview will teach the same thing. Billionaires who use their wealth and influence to do detestable things; heads of state tyrannizing their subjects rather than trying to govern benevolently; so much more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your arguments are so cheap, i just call "angry screams" . i can understand why you get angry,when some readers call him a cuckold, because it is only you who are the cuckold. the most laughing part of your argument is when you say , he didn't stay and ask, what is going on in his bed , and runs off... you certainly expected that he stays and ask, hony is there any feelings in this adultery or it is just physical? if it is only physical, i understand and it is ok with me.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 2 years ago

HardDaysKnight's story is actually called "Lady in Red".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seethe. Cope. Dilate.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I understand your intentionality with Curtis’s characterization (ie making him self-absorbed), but I think he’s probably within one standard deviation of usual male behavior.

I believe actions count for more than thoughts. Curtis did consider taking off after the miscarriage, but he didn’t. He didn’t understand the pain of a miscarriage, but as you say, he is a 20 year old guy. How high is his emotional quotient at that age? Probably not that well developed, especially empathy. Life experience brings about empathy.

The Brandon incident doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. At least, in my experience, warning someone about something is a dicey proposition. It can sometimes lead to more bad than good.

Regarding the speaking to a spouse/partner after a pretty bad event. How honest do you think they’ll really be? How honest can they be? He owed her a conversation when he returned (a cooling off period). After all, why should her betrayal (maybe betrayal?) keep him from at least providing for as best a standard of living for his children?

Finally, I think it’s interesting to see your intention and how it’s interpreted. I liked Zoey. I thought that Curtis was ok. I think he had failures and delusions of grandeur, but a normal kinda guy, as I said, probably within a standard deviation of normal behavior.

So, yes, I am an “anon”, but I hope you take the feedback above as earnest and thoughtful and understand that it’s because I or we like your work that we try to give honest feedback.

carvohicarvohi7 months agoAuthor

To the anonymous writer immediately above this comment. I do read and value all the comments I get. I do wish when someone responds as an "Anon" the writer would emply some kind of pseudonym, then I would be able to be more specific when I responded.

Thanks for the comment.

carvohi

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories