All Comments on 'The Secret Life of Secretaries'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

Even though this story is in the wrong category, I like it because the CIA, NSA, Navy Seals, or other super human entities weren't involved. With this offer that is not to be always assumed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Short and sweet

Don't listen to anybody saying it's in the wrong category, the harassed wife Bethany fits it into LW, besides this way I don't have to go looking for it. 5 stars all the way!

JB

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
I'm telling

You' have a twisted mind, big brother. It was a very entertaining story, but twisted. That's okay, sometimes we have to let it out. I just got back from the stationary store. They did sell those pencils. I couldn't find my pencil sharpener so I had to use my knife. It's really sharp. I have the van keys and I found a construction site. Now, there are a couple of people who write comments. I've located them via the "Deep Web." I may need help pushing the chairs. I heard one of them is a big fat person. It puts the lotion on it's skin. If you don't help me, I'll tell Mom what you did to the sardine guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
huh?

WTF WAS THAT

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
The honeymoon is over

Nice story. You continue to startle and entertain. At this point, you've managed to piss a couple of people off. Don't worry about it, it was inevitable. You have a solid fan base, now, and I'm one of them.

Just keep writing these inventive stories and I'll keep loaning Sbrooks to you. You haven't yet reached sycophant level, but you keep at it and someone will nominate you. DFWBeast is in charge of nominations (love you, Killian), so you should suck up to him. It took me a year to win him over. Nice job, and, you are amazingly prolific. Keep hitting those home runs.

looking4itlooking4itover 7 years ago

Now that was funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I love it and at

least one of the smart and obviously competent women was a wife so the catagory is right on! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why is this here?

A weird fantasy

DragonlightoneDragonlightoneover 7 years ago
*chuckles

Nice change up; I've been bored witless for days on end on this site. You just cannot beat writing innovation and creativity to lessen my grammar police, geek mentality. Keep going please.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
The people in your head

Wow, I hope you don't ever write all the characters out of your head. In fact, I hope they do a little procreating in there. Great stuff. Great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
hahahaha

Sisters are doin' it for themselves!

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
Wow

Nothing like a little double homicide to start your Sunday morning! This is a fun bit of dark humor, but...why the hell is it in Loving Wives?? It's almost as if the admins have been asleep at the wheel for the past 15 years or so. LW has become the default dumping ground for any type of story.

Setting that aside, your writing continues to impress me. If I were to write for another thousand years I could never come up with something like this:

"The laughter lowers to a chuckle that creeps around the bottom edges of my desk, rising like a murky, unclean tide. I pull my feet up and put them on the legs of the chair. I'm wearing a nice pair of shoes and I don't want his cooties on them."

Just...wow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I gave it five stars.

It was a very nice change of pace. Panther fan.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Very funny.

I know this one had to score you major points with the secretaries. Lol

Excellent story, very funny.

Thank you for writing. 5 stars.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
My observations.

Let me say that Todd172 is very talented and posts some very good tales.

The body count in Loving Wives is pretty high today. We have two sexist pig men die in this story, where there is no interaction whatsoever between a husband and wife, but where one woman is said to at least be married. In another story we had a lover pushed over a cliff to his death and, sadly, an innocent goat is also killed.

I thought I stretched reality in a story with a man getting his wife's lover angry enough to kill his wife's other lover, or a story where a miserable dog bit the lover's schlong off. That makes me pretty guilty of incorporating violence. Still, I do notice an increasing trend in Loving Wives of having the protagonist kill people (and animals) that upset him/her.

Someone complained enough to get my story "It Won't be Long" moved to "Erotic Couplings", if you can imagine that. I actually had a cheating wife in the story, but no sex. I have no desire to see this one moved, or any other story moved. I simply wish that there was some sort of continuity here. I am also concerned that we are going farther and farther with revenge. I include myself in this trend. Rape and murder are commonplace, justified by the writers, and often praised by readers. "If a guy taps my wife, I have the right, and duty, to kill him as brutally and painfully as I can manage."

This story was amusing, but there were two people murdered by two women that are made likable in the story. The one guy had bad hygiene, so he had to go. The other guy liked big tits (the sick bastard) and was a true pig, so there was no option. We've had stories of prison rape, plain old fashioned rape, drug rape, and mental rape. We have had lovers murdered and even run over by a steamroller in one, if memory serves me. Lovers are often framed for crimes they did not commit, but all's fair in Loving Wives. If only there were stringent laws against sexual harassment (and bad hygiene) in the workplace, these ladies might be able to avoid murdering men they work with. Am I the only one that feels like LW is evolving, and not always for the better?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Weird But Great!

Caught me completely off-guard as I was editing - well done!

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

Five stars for sure and there is no doubt the secretary's love reading it. I do have to wonder about an office where janitorial does not empty the waste baskets each day.

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 7 years ago

this gives me something to worry about monday morning. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Farce

While I have no great concern about categories, I understand HDKs point there (certainly more interest by published author than a reader such as myself). I also agree that LW is a fairly dark forum. I disagree with the criticism of this particular story as this is pretty clearly a farce. The villains are cartoon characters redolent with anchovies, flatulence and misogyny. The heroine(s) are little better and the tone is so lighthearted that I actually missed the protruding pencil and had to reread that paragraph. I laughed aloud at that. Finally, HDK should be spending his time writing chapter 3 of LiR; I miss those folks. 😉

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Damn

Life is so confusing these days.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 7 years ago
Dark humour

Love this for the implied dark humour inherent in the tale, but I do have difficulty with it being in LW, with only the "threat" of forcing someone to break their vows.

for the humour alone 5/5

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 7 years ago
Damn Good Weird Story

Then, after a damn good weird story, a lot of damn good weird comments!

Especially liked Kimi (rub lotion...), BR58 and HDK.

5* (sorry the 5* comments are exhausted, so I don't have a contribution left!)

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
Another dark story in the last days...

Another dark story in the last days...This one is more black humor...Very well written, funny and surprising...3*

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Feedback!

It does help. My gleefully homicidal secretaries are hardly to be taken too seriously; they’re the literary equivalent of a gift bag of M&Ms for a very professional secretary who was being asked to do the impossible, and get it done before noon while putting up with various and sundry indignities. And yeah, amongst the secretaries where this was set loose initially, it’s really, really popular. Which should probably serve as a warning to us all. Having authored it may help me a little when the revolution comes. ;-)

Kimmi: Get a large wheel garden wagon, Lil’ Sister – those little office chair wheels catch in gravel, then you spend half your time putting them back up in the chair. Gets tedious, even with help.

BR58: If I’ve managed to piss someone off, it’d hardly be the first time I did it without knowing why. But at least this time nobody is actually shooting at me, and that’s a nice change of pace. I’m just having fun here and experimenting with different things, so it’s all good.

HDK et al: I pretty much have to own up to my part in increasing the darkness and violence in LW lately. Wouldn’t exactly be very believable if I denied it, given that my signature characters are the crew at the Shack, who are all pretty violent, and Nikki from The Harpy who, while very much loved, is kind of, well, bite-y. There is a lot of emotion attached to parts of the LW genre, so I don’t feel too bad about contributing a bit. That said, I do see your point. And if there continues to be an element of darkness in my stories, understand that it isn’t because I ignored you; my stories go where they go and I can’t seem to force them to change beyond a pretty limited scope. I can tinker with some details – chiefly phrasing - but that’s kind of the limit. Again: yes it sounds a little crazy, but it is what it is. Every story I’ve ever tried to force to do something simply froze up or died until I stopped doing that.

As to categories: This one could go in NE, I suppose, but Bethany is a very devoted wife and maybe her determination not to buckle to financial threats will serve as a warning to many other fictional bosses who may be tempted to try this kind of thing with their secretaries/subordinates; so posting it here is a public service that could save many fictional lives. So many have died or suffered horribly already.

All kidding aside, if I have any reasonable excuse to post in LW, I will; I like the energized environment and the feedback from the emotionally engaged readers here. So, if a story, like this one, could fit in multiple categories, it will go here. I’ve posted in a couple other categories and rated well, but didn’t get near the amount of feedback. I'll take a hit in the rating numbers for even the slightest chance of useful feedback. Seriously.

Again, Thanks for the feedback.

Todd172

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cute

But not erotic.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
"Emotionally engaged readers"

What a beautiful description, Todd. You say:

"All kidding aside, if I have any reasonable excuse to post in LW, I will; I like the energized environment and the feedback from the emotionally engaged readers here."

I note that some other authors are currently posting stories elsewhere in an attempt to avoid that energised environment and the commenters' emotional engagement. To each his or her own, I suppose.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Now there's a woman I could love. Two of them in fact.

(sigh); In a perfect world.

twinkitwinkiover 7 years ago
Loving Wives?

Homicidal secretaries getting rid of two assholes. Doesn't really fit in "loving wives" but I enjoyed the story and this is the only section I read regularly. A slight change of scene from the usual "supermen" getting revenge from being cuckolded.

A 5* for you

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
so disappointed

A heinous crime against humanity and good taste was committed:

'Muzak version of Black Sabbath'

Pay no attention to that object floating down toward you on a parachute, it's just a special delivery package.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
@luedon 09/26/16

re:

"Emotionally engaged readers"

What a beautiful description, Todd. You say:

"All kidding aside, if I have any reasonable excuse to post in LW, I will; I like the energized environment and the feedback from the emotionally engaged readers here."

I note that some other authors are currently posting stories elsewhere in an attempt to avoid that energised environment and the commenters' emotional engagement. To each his or her own, I suppose.

----------------------------------------------------

LW is not for the weak or timid or thin-skinned writer.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
As you say, Tw0Cr0ws

"LW is not for the weak or timid or thin-skinned writer." Very true.

It does seem to be, however, a place that attracts the intellectually challenged commentator. The one who drops "Cuck Shit" on multiple stories and his ilk are no fun. There's no conversation to be had with loons like that.

But then there's the Moral Brigade that go through all the LW stories each day in order to comment that they hated the stories they read. Their logic is matched only by those who say they hated the stories even though they didn't read them. This form of logic is not found in the commentaries to other story categories.

So the debates to be had with the Moral Brigade in the Loving Wives commentaries are among the most entertaining things on the Literotica site. Definitely not to be missed. But also not for the "weak or timid or thin-skinned".

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I loved it

I loved it. That was short, sweet, and awesome. A lot of fun!

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
I love smoked oysters

I get hating the smell of sardines , but smoked oysters (or mussels) with cream cheese on Triscuits are the bomb !

OK , it was different , but then again I don't think we've ever had a author like Todd172 in this category before , and I think he's a breathe of fresh air.

Maybe its not classic LW , but its still great stuff.

Keep on keeping on Todd !

5 *'s

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
@crkcppr

Well, as long as that breathe of fresh air doesn't carry the odor of sardines, I'm down. Something fishy about that. Don't like anchovies, either. A good smoked salmon and cream cheese on a bagel, now. Makes a girl breathe out a sigh of contentment.:-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
In a nonsense comedy all is possible...

In a nonsense comedy all is possible...Very funny, excellent reading...

rnebularrnebularover 7 years ago
Hilarious

I laughed the whole time i read this. From her descriptions of the smelly guy next to her, to the comments about the newbie... had me in tears! Nice work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It's fine

But it doesn't belong in this section. They may or may not be married but it has nothing to do with their marriages.

And frankly, it wasn't that funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
loved it

Don't care what anyone else says where this belongs or whether the details don't logically add up. What i did care is it had me full of empathy, reminding myself why i am not ever interested in being any company's aa again and had me laughing my socks off.

Whadda ya mean...she couldn't be a navy seal? It doesn't take a navy seal skillset to strangle someone. Maybe she poisoned him first or hypnotized him into doing it to himself. Don't believe the latter is even possible.

However, I do recall a literary technique termed: suspending disbelief. Am i using that correctly?

Thank you. I needed that. I will sleep soundly tonight and have a better Monday at wor.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Suspension of Disbelief"

"Suspension of Disbelief" isn't a "literary technique" per se. Suspension of Disbelief is when a story, or book, or movie or TV show require to believe in things that you normally wouldn't believe in in order to enjoy them. Do you believe that a nine-year-old boy can see and talk to the dead? Probably not! But you watch "The Sixth Sense" and temporarily suspend that belief and enjoy the movie.

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Clarification

For what it's worth I make no claim to knowledge of literary devices, I am, however, somewhat knowledgeable about mayhem. No suspension of disbelief is required in this one. Bethany can easily murder her boss with a silk stocking: properly speaking, she garroted him rather than strangled him. In strangulation, the airways are cut off and the victim can struggle for easily one and a half to two minutes. Garroting with a wire or silk stocking cuts the blood supply to the brain which results in unconciousness in about 9 seconds. Not much time to struggle there. As to the pencil, many murders in the late 19th century and early 20th were done using a hat pin through the ear canal. Simply bring it up with one hand and slap the blunt end, driving it in. Many of these murders were conducted by underage female prostitutes. So, yeah, both methods are tried and true. The more you know :-)

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 7 years ago
Karma...

Thy name is secretary...

Freakin love it!!!

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
RULE #1 FROM THE CRIB

be careful of who you piss off or on. TK U MLJ LV NV

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 7 years ago
Moderation

As long as they exercise moderation and don't start killing everyone that gets on their nerves even the tiniest bit they should get away with it. Although they do say murder will out. Seriously though for something like this to happen everything has to go off without a hitch or the slightest bit of suspicion being directed at them. Plus having the perfect place to dump bodies isn't something one can count on always being available.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
thanks for this.....

Totally didn't see the ending of this one coming. It put a smile on my face so kuddos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hilarious!

Sometimes the jerks you have to work with don't die quickly enough, they need a little help. This ingenuous story has me laughing out loud.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hilarious

I had tears running down my face from laughing so much . I am male and old . But over the many years of my working life . Many a time I worked with arseholes who were a waste of the oxygen that they inhaled . Fantastic story . Well written !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Um

I'm a bit worried Kjohns2001. Does he know what fiction is? That being said, I may need a place to offload the bodies of a few lawyers. Any thoughts?

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 5 years ago
Great

You, sir, are a great storyteller. This was fabulous.

Hooked

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
Oh god oh god oh god

I love this one, actually love it. I'll favorite it so I can come back to it from time to time. I've got to say that I didn't suspect a thing when she talked about the pencils, although I told myself that a sharpened pencil is a really good weapon. But never suspected. I guess I should have paid attention to your pre-story comments, where you said 'black humor'.

I wish I was still working, I know just the people at my old office who would love this, but it's been over twenty years and I've moved four states away since then, and we've all lost touch with each other.

Great story, absolutely great.

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Great story

I can think of a lot of dead guys from my office days! Great take!

You, good story teller.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
Awww comeon

A waste of a good pencil. LMAO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Poor bastard

Sure seems like overkill for eating sardines! I also LMAO reading this one. BTW: I also love sardines in mustard sauce! Keep’em coming,Todd!

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 4 years ago
Karma!

If this happened more often, maybe there would be fewer shitty managers; just saying...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Office supplies are free. Lol

BeauReadyBeauReadyover 3 years ago
Priceless!

Even without sex, gotta be one of the best quickies on this site! Kudos!!

jimjam69jimjam69about 3 years ago

Good secretaries, really cuts down on all that paper work involved with sexual harassment charges.

johsunjohsunabout 3 years ago

Love it! Loved it the first time I read it, still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved the story, loved it I tell you.

There was a comment from sbrooks103x over 4 years ago about a 9 year old boy being able to speak and see dead people.

I hold a Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. My I.Q. is over two standard deviations above the mean. In layman's terms, my I.Q. is somewhere between 130 and 145.

I am Spiritualist medium at Way Memorial Church in Wheeling, WV. Our minister came from a spiritualist family. She started receiving messages from Spirit when she was only 5 years old.

Yeah, I believe a 9 year old can receive messages from Spirit.

Doc Spirit 3

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Great way to deal with sexual and nose harassment. Fun story.Had to read cause I just finished Needles and delaney

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

HB pencils still rule.

A delightful little tit-bit.

KenL60KenL60about 2 years ago

Why the question about categories? It strikes me as Erotic Horror. Definitely NOT Loving Wives. It could be Humor/Satire. The listing is Horror.

I've had secretaries who would think of this as wish fulfillment. Sometimes about me....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a total hoot! I promise to never use the word "sweetie" ever again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hardy ha ha ha!!!!!

Office supplies are free

You really need to teach the newbies

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A year ago I read this and never remembered it. I think I was still down from my wife's passing two years before. Today it gave me several chuckles and grins, and I have never demeaned a woman by clling her sweety or babes. I always considered women as equals and deserving respect because I am a man and was raised by my mother who was a very strong woman although she had mad terrible choices when it came to men. Women are our mothers, sisters, aunts and grandmothers. There were no week women in my family. great humorous story. I loved the last line about her holding up and shaking the van keys!.............................

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Some folks never know how close to the edge they are.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Ah yes, be careful what you call your secretary. funny story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The only work of yours I just couldn't get behind. And THAT is no big deal..

Nothing since 2021?? Are you guys done writing? If do, I'm terribly saddened. I have read, re-read actually, all of your stories 5 times.

You two are truly great writers, equally novel level.

Please (a) At least let us know you're OK and (b) otherwise let us hear from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Always be careful of who you piss off, the kid who picked on the old Vietnamese guy on our crew ? He didn’t know the old man had twice escaped from north Vietnamese prison camps, the scars on his legs and shoulders were from bullets. I made sure they fired the kids and saved his life before Tran had to take him out.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Natural selection at work!

fredbrownfredbrown10 months ago

The secretaries being helpful, enabled the exec's to become the very foundation of the company.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Okay, I was gonna try to come up with something funny to try and describe how much I loved this story given my own murderous desires that have come up through my time as a secretary, but I think @fredbrown has hit it out of the park xD

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

LOL, short and sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Seriously, are there any characters in your head that aren't fucked up.

I am done with this shit.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Idyllic fantasy not unlike the movie, '9 to 5'.

texlootexloo2 months ago

Fucking hilarious and dark as Hell

SteveW1955SteveW1955about 2 months ago

Another great and twisted story! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
4177 Followers
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

SIMILAR Stories