All Comments on 'Jessa Ch. 09'

by Chimera44

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

love this story. but i still think tor is an asshole...trs

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Stockholm Syndrome

You are writing the classic Stockholm Syndrome story... I am sure that there are plenty of justifications coming for just why Torah behaves so monstrously, and I am assuming that for many readers, these will be enough, but for this reader, it will never be enough.

I want... Only...for her to kill him. Depriving her of her free will requires no less.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I have to say the stupidest part of this story is her getting aroused when he answers questions. Like seriously wtf is up with that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Jerk Face

Who gives his new wife the ex's jewelry!?

So glad we're married now. Here's a gift for you, worn by my previous lover. You know, the one you got beat up over, yeah that beating which caused your miscarriage.

I'd have flushed it!

Eve86Eve86over 7 years ago
No psychological trauma?

After the rapes, she's not exhibiting any signs of psychological trauma. It bothers me when characters just waltz away as if nothing has happened. I mean Torah injured her during the first rape, and Renick caused her miscarriage and then painfully raped her. There should be some serious emotional distress if not physical distress given the amount of injury she's sustained at this point.

She doesn't actually seem to be very sharp either. I mean she didn't figure out what Torah was. She had to be told explicitly. Her surviving on her own after the miscarriage is the only indication of her strength so far.

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 7 years ago
I can't figure this out

The body wants what the body wants. I have had relationships in which the sex was fantastic but the guy himself left a great deal to be desired. I can see how she still desires sex with him. I can see how she bends and twists to keep the peace because there is nothing about her life that she can control, except how she reacts and responds.

But Torah has a very long way to go to redeem himself. And the necklace....? "Please don't take offense...you should be honored..." Oh hell no!

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 7 years ago
Interesting story

Thus story is fascinating. She has obviously started finding good things about him, but the necklace should be a bone of contention. I can't wait to see her not wear it and there is a tracking device in it or something. She should not be honored to wear the necklace of the woman he obviously stI'll loves when he has made it clear he will have no love for her. This is interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love it

I love where you are going with this story, and if it is heading in the direction i believe it is then... well you know what it will be ;)

But i am digging how you are still sticking with Jenna's tough personality even after all that she has been through, though from reading between the lines i can see where she is still vunerable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Back On Track

This was a really nice chapter. After a number of chapters that felt grim and mean, this chapter finally managed to recatch the spark for me that the orginal chapter had. Really hope you can keep this up, things don't have to go perfectly but its nice to see that things can be happy for Jessa. Also loved the additional worldbuilding and plotting we're seeing in regards to the council and their involvement.

5/5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Catholic commenter back for another round...

What happened in this chapter? Where did the story go?

I understand we are moving towards the HEA but how did we progress from Torah's sensual abuse of this woman. Her life being upended. A pregnancy being forced on her. Her being kidnaped. Her being brutally raped and abused again. Her killing a man. Her miscarriage and the loss of the twins. Her forced wedding without her family. And then you topped it off with (since they are in Paris) the "piece de resistance" ... Her receiving a horrific gift that shouts "you are a worthless second place breed dog compared to the woman who first wore it and if you don't believe me go dig up the corpse of the bastard you had to kill and I'll bet he says the same thing". Let's be honest that's pretty freaking harsh on anyone's psyche.

And yet...she has no problem with this. None of it!!! In fact she flips all lovey dovey?! She even considers Torah and herself to be a team!?!? THIS IS WRONG!!!

You moved the story too far forward too fast. A lot happened in the last chapters that deserved to be addressed - not overlooked. People change over time and I believe you can take Torah and her from the beatings and rapes to loving caring couple...but it takes time...lots of time.

To do it in 5 paragraphs is a disservice to your characters and your readers. Look at Waterburns 'The Last Tritan' that took 29 chapters to get us there. So please take your time. We will be here to read it. This story deserves it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
How exactly are they avoiding pregnancy for 1 month?

Did I miss a mention of the contraception in use?

HukilauHukilauover 7 years ago
Wonderful new addition

Seems like the author can't catch a break anyway she tries. What part of fiction or fantasy is not understood? I am really enjoying each chapter, some dark, some light. I am very curious about the different levels of Circles and would love to read some of the history behind social evolution. I hope this continues to be a long, involved, intricate story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Yay! More please!! Still looking for more action and an actual apology from Torah for being such an ass

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I SIMPLY love this story! Thank you for sharing it!!!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 7 years ago
I understand Jessa seeking comfort from wherever she can

after her traumatic incident. Torah is mercurial but better the devil you know, right? I don't quite trust Erik and just about all the other men are bad guys. Now he needs to truly apologize for his abusive behavior, explain his trust issues and work on being nice Torah most of the time.

I will echo another commenter though... aren't they supposed to be preventing pregnancy? They're going at it like rabbits with no protection. What do they think will happen?

desjdesjover 7 years ago

please update soon

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 7 years ago
Can I have some more please

This is super intriguing to me. We saw Jessa get a copy chunk of her Spink back. I would love to see her use it against Eric, who gives me creepies. U would love to see her succeed hugely. CAn't wait for more. I still think Torah's a dumbhead and I hope she doesn't wear the necklace because who wants a necklace worn by their husband's previous lover?

RunsAmokRunsAmokover 7 years ago
Happily Ever After?

There are a lot of people in the comments section who are hoping for a revenge ending.

I've thought about it, and I'd rather see a happy marriage. Yes, Torah did a bunch of shit and he's pretty much a monster, but I'd rather see her grow close to the gentle side of him. Vengeance and pain begets nothing more than vengeance and pain. I don't see how Jessa could have a long and happy life if she killed

Torah. The society in place would pretty much guarantee that she would be killed or receive a violent and brutal life in retaliation. So despite past actions and the horrible way she was introduced to this marriage, I'd rather her find a chance at happiness than to go down fighting and just get rewarded with misery and death.

As a reader, reading a more romantic ending is more fun for me to read. The vengeance endings might carry some satisfaction, but they can be more bitter than sweet depending on how their done. I'd rather have fun reading than receive bitter satisfaction. In the case of this story, that means romance and acceptance. So yay romance!!!

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 7 years ago
Can't there be both

Can't she get some revenge in some way first and it wakes him up and we get a happy ending afterwards?

admfensadmfensover 7 years ago
She has grown, he has changed

Got to figure out Torah, why has he changed or has he really? Its something about the fact she killed 2 people, and she could have killed him. He has new respect for her and so do I. Seems like something has given him the whippin' he gave her. Now they have beautiful love instead of brutal.

Deepreader123Deepreader123about 7 years ago
Surprise twist would be cool...

Am I the only one hoping she gets recruited to be on his team and they end up a happy assassin couple?

bloodandsandbloodandsandover 5 years ago
the necklace was a bad idea

I can go along with a lot in this story, but no woman wants some other woman's necklace that used to fuck her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The necklace?! The man really is an idiot

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

finally she got acess to answers and her permanent collar

torah got some gud sleep

still highly irredeamable

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous