All Comments on 'The Spider Pt. 09'

by ImmanuelMal

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
Masterskitten26Masterskitten26over 7 years ago
What the heck?

This went from being a good story to a confusing one. You've changed directions several times. I'm beginning to think that even you don't know where it is going so you keep making things up to draw out your chapters.

You've taken two very strong and capable characters with abilities and reduced them to absolutely nothing. I also believe that you do not remember what you made your characters out as from chapter to chapter.

You took a helpful, kind hearted nurse and turned her into a mean, hateful, bossy domme.

Nine out of 10 nurses/nurse aids are submissive by nature as they are caretakers and like to help others.

I was looking forward to the next chapter to see what happened to and between John and Spider, but honestly, putting out two chapters in one day and how they read has me disgusted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I'm always astonished at the self-entitlement of many of the commentors on this site, case in point the one before me. This series has been the best on the entire site for a while, please keep it going. It's a joy to read sometime that understands characterisation and power play. I would encourage though if you are going to take a character sideways like you have with the nurse here its not in such a self contained episode. It's easy enough to surmise John's role, but a little more sense of the play being run would be welcomed.

Taliesin1Taliesin1over 7 years ago
Disagree

... with both of the above. Obviously, there is a new sinister power at work scaring John and influencing Anna and Heather? Defeating it will require John and Anna to work together - she will be able to sense emanations and that information will enable John to crack the blackness he saw in the detective.

What do you say Mr Authour?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Giving up now

To be able to invest in a character, you need to know who they are. I don't know who these people are at all. Heather completely turning from likable to villain was really disappointing. And John Claire can only be a villain considering what he does so when he tries to help people it comes across as schizophrenic. Having Anna fold like that is just heartbreaking.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous