All Comments on 'The Making of "A Little Heresy"'

by Blind_Justice

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice twist to a theme

Characters were a bit shallow but that fit well with their actions. Probably was submitted too late for the Halloween contest. Worthwhile try!

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 7 years agoAuthor
@anon

This story was used for an anthology before and there was a hard 10k word limit, so I had to cut back on my usual level of characterization. I had thought to overhaul the story for the contest, but got blindsided by the deadline. No time for sweeping changes, so it is what it is.

Thanks for the critique and the kind words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Excellent , great rhydhm ,maybe the last scene is too short but good enough

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Reply to clarify comment

When I wrote that the characters seemed shallow, I intended that to be complimentary! I felt that their being that way enhanced the tale.

legerdemerlegerdemerabout 7 years ago
Nicely done

I enjoyed the premise. It works very well as a short story, and the sketching in of the characters was just right. Nothing essential was missing. A touch of Greek tragedy, complete with a chorus (Amanda, Jake). Erika's character harkened back to one of the witches from Macbeth. Lovely.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlind_Justice@Blind_Justice
893 Followers
I have just uploaded the next - and final - chapter to "Mud & Magic". Should be live in a couple of days. Can't wait to hear your opinions on it! Just a quick heads-up to all my new followers: If you want to know what I'm up to, don't hesitate to visit my Patreon at https://...